Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
P_Friesacher

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by P_Friesacher »

I WAS wondering what had happened to you! Great to have you back on the forum!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

P_Friesacher wrote:I WAS wondering what had happened to you! Great to have you back on the forum!

Same here.

Also - welcome, PLAYLIFE. Have fun!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Ah Playlife, the third most popular Renault engine supplier.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Waris

Post by Waris »

watka wrote:Ah Playlife, the third most popular Renault engine supplier.

Yeah, PLAYLIFE, I love your nick. Motorsports entities always seem so much funnier (in a rejectful way) when they're named after other products... (which, ironically, is why I became a tongue-in-cheek Red Bull fan in 2005).
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

watka wrote:Ah Playlife, the third most popular Renault engine supplier.

More Popular than Mechachrome surely.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Politoys-Playlife would probably be something to behold.
Glennerz

Post by Glennerz »

Hello everyone, my name is Glenn, I'm from Scotland and I love the podcast. My favourite current team and driver are Renault F1 and Vitaly Petrov, and the legendary Mastercard-Lola and Yuji Ide are my fav rejects. Unfortunately, having only watched F1 regularly for a few years, most of the all-time greats (in terms of rejectdom) are largely unknown to me, so my knowledge on the subject is rather limited. But the podcasts and terrific driver and team profiles on the website are helping me retroactively follow rejects of bygone eras, and rue not witnessing reject history years ago!
"Those (MasterCard-Lola) laps don't have a time, they've got an expiry date" -Unknown, 1997 Australian Grand Prix
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Welcome Glenn! To be honest, there are quite a few whippersnappers, some weren't even born when Mastercard Lola were about!
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

watka wrote:some weren't even born when Mastercard Lola were about!

Ja! :D
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Wizzie wrote:Or the second driver at MRT once I buy out JLD in the F1RWS...

How I predicted that I will never know...
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

QuickYoda41 wrote:My favourite driver is Nick Heidfeld

You're the only person who I know of who's ever said that. Don't get me wrong as I do like Heidfeld, but he's not the most popular man on the forum. I'd like to see him win a race, although it probably won't happen.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Glennerz

Post by Glennerz »

redbulljack14 wrote:I do like Heidfeld, but he's not the most popular man on the forum. I'd like to see him win a race, although it probably won't happen.

I agree he deserves to win if only to justify his lengthy career, but in a way if 170-odd starts and a pole position doesn't see him win at least once, then he must be doing something wrong surely...
"Those (MasterCard-Lola) laps don't have a time, they've got an expiry date" -Unknown, 1997 Australian Grand Prix
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Almost 400 posts and I still haven't done this...

My name is Rhys, and I admit I may not have been the biggest F1 fan in recent years. The first race I watched was wet. That's all I remember about it (might have been '03...). I did decide to go for Williams originally, because I usually can't stand going for teams/people that win every race (and my friend supported Ferrari). Then I decided that I would go for Jaguar, because there was an Aussie driving for them. The I went for Williams again when I found out Jag was owned by Ford (oh, the wonders of the 8 year old mind). Then the Aussie went to Williams, and all was good. This year was the first where I was actively interested in race results, rather than who was champion. I paid slight attention to '07 and '08 (where, for some unfathomable reason, I supported Hamilton), and after the '09 Aussie GP, a bit more attention after Brawn won. And Webber being in a good car for once...
I only discovered this forum after Wizzie would go on it instead of doing maths, so I looked at some of the articles on the website and, realising just how little I knew about F1, joined up. So here I am!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Almost 400 posts and I still haven't done this...

My name is Rhys, and I admit I may not have been the biggest F1 fan in recent years. The first race I watched was wet. That's all I remember about it (might have been '03...). I did decide to go for Williams originally, because I usually can't stand going for teams/people that win every race (and my friend supported Ferrari). Then I decided that I would go for Jaguar, because there was an Aussie driving for them. The I went for Williams again when I found out Jag was owned by Ford (oh, the wonders of the 8 year old mind). Then the Aussie went to Williams, and all was good. This year was the first where I was actively interested in race results, rather than who was champion. I paid slight attention to '07 and '08 (where, for some unfathomable reason, I supported Hamilton), and after the '09 Aussie GP, a bit more attention after Brawn won. And Webber being in a good car for once...
I only discovered this forum after Wizzie would go on it instead of doing maths, so I looked at some of the articles on the website and, realising just how little I knew about F1, joined up. So here I am!

Showed this forum to a friend that actually cares about F1, hasn't registered so far despite saying he liked it. What have I done wrong?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Phoenix wrote:

Showed this forum to a friend that actually cares about F1, hasn't registered so far despite saying he liked it. What have I done wrong?

We're weird.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I think I have a new sig.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

We're weird.

Yeah, I know...Gimme a hug.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Phoenix wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Showed this forum to a friend that actually cares about F1, hasn't registered so far despite saying he liked it. What have I done wrong?

We're weird.

Yeah, I know...Gimme a hug.

Awwwwwwwwwwww
JohnMLTX

Post by JohnMLTX »

Y'know what, I've just realized I never posted here. Meh, better late than never...

I'm John, I'm from Texas, I'm currently 16.
I've been watching CART/ChampCar/(IndyCar) since I was young. I've been a Zanardi, Montoya, and Bourdais fan since before they were in F1.
I've watched f1 since 2006, when I was a bit of a Midland fan. My friend who exposed me to f1 was portugese, so he supported monteiro. I also started following Super Aguri; i liked their cars, and sato was my hero (.
After SA went away in 08, I started following red bull. I liked mark webber, he seemed quite down to earth and non-twat like. (i've always hated alonso and hamilton. they're a pair of burlap sacks full of testicles.)
So, these past 2 years, I've been happy to see red bull doing well.

Also, even when scott speed was in f1, I never cheered for him despite sharing common nationality. He was waaaay too ostentatious.
I never really cheer for a front running team, only on occasion i'll support one driver (massa & heikki), but having been a red bull fan in 2008, i'm still supporting them.
I like to root for the underdog, so I've always felt at home on this site.
My favorite drivers from the past 4 years are sato, sutil, heikki, webber, massa, for sure heidfeld, bourdais and chandhok.

So, there.
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Hy there. My name is Robert, and I'm from Florida. I've been a WRC fan, but ever since Leob started dominating that area, I've been looking at other motorsports. So...that's how I got the F1 bug. Known what F1 was for a while, but never really got into it until around the end of the 2008 season. Ever since then, I've been hooked. Not long after, I started looking around various websites, and that's how I picked up on this site. My favorite drivers are Button, Webber, and Kubica. As for teams, I'm usually into Williams, even though they are in a bit of a slump right now. I also tend to like the underdogs to. (Sauber, and Lotus in particular.)
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

DOSBoot wrote:Hy there. My name is Robert, and I'm from Florida. I've been a WRC fan, but ever since Leob started dominating that area, I've been looking at other motorsports. So...that's how I got the F1 bug. Known what F1 was for a while, but never really got into it until around the end of the 2008 season. Ever since then, I've been hooked. Not long after, I started looking around various websites, and that's how I picked up on this site. My favorite drivers are Button, Webber, and Kubica. As for teams, I'm usually into Williams, even though they are in a bit of a slump right now. I also tend to like the underdogs to. (Sauber, and Lotus in particular.)

Well with those drivers and teams, I'd say you'll fit right in! ;)
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

You'll fit right in so long as you change that username - it's got spammer written all over it!

Welcome anyways! :)
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

watka wrote:You'll fit right in so long as you change that username - it's got spammer written all over it!

I thought you would get a kick out of the reference to that movie. :P But, thanks for the welcome. ;)

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

DOSBoot wrote:
watka wrote:You'll fit right in so long as you change that username - it's got spammer written all over it!

I thought you would get a kick out of the reference to that movie. :P But, thanks for the welcome. ;)

Your speaking to the wrong guy when it comes to movies. I'm going to the cinema for the first time in about a year tomorrow. I've got about 30 DVDs that I've bought over the last 2 or 3 years which haven't come out of the cellophane. :D
S951

Post by S951 »

Hello another new person as you can see by username I'm a fan of the old Simtek Team
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Yeah, I read about them on this side, really bad luck for that team. Now if I can only find an avatar that will fit on this site. :?

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Welcome S951! Excellent choice for a favourite reject team! :D

DOSBoot wrote:Yeah, I read about them on this side, really bad luck for that team. Now if I can only find an avatar that will fit on this site. :?

Great username man, and don't worry about the avatar thing it's a nightmare. Just find an image you like and post it in the 'reject avatars' thread and someone will be able to re-size it for you, probably Nuppiz!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
S951

Post by S951 »

I think I chose Simtek as sort of a fan of Jos the "Boss", sayign that it was the livery that caught me :)
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

watka wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:

Your speaking to the wrong guy when it comes to movies. I'm going to the cinema for the first time in about a year tomorrow. I've got about 30 DVDs that I've bought over the last 2 or 3 years which haven't come out of the cellophane. :D

Well to give you a little info, it's a reference to the 1981 German film "Das Boot" (The Boat). It's about a German submarine crew in WWII. Quite a depressing film when you see it, but it has some great suspense in it. But I guess it's useless knowledge then. :P

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I guess I should have started here!

Hello everybody! Finally joined this forum after paying it some visits this year.
Favorite driver: Kubica
Favorite team: Williams
Favorite current reject: Yamamoto, past: Inoue
Favorite current reject team: HRT, past: SUPA AGURI
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

AndreaModa wrote:Welcome S951! Excellent choice for a favourite reject team! :D

DOSBoot wrote:Yeah, I read about them on this side, really bad luck for that team. Now if I can only find an avatar that will fit on this site. :?

Great username man, and don't worry about the avatar thing it's a nightmare. Just find an image you like and post it in the 'reject avatars' thread and someone will be able to re-size it for you, probably Nuppiz!

Found out where it was. Thanks for the help man.

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:I guess I should have started here!

Hello everybody! Finally joined this forum after paying it some visits this year.
Favorite driver: Kubica
Favorite team: Williams
Favorite current reject: Yamamoto, past: Inoue
Favorite current reject team: HRT, past: SUPA AGURI

Welcome. With a lineup like that you should fit right in. :D
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

DanielPT wrote:Favorite team: Williams

Welcome to this forum.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I guess I should now do this. My name is Laine, and I used to live in the east end of London, hence the username. I now live in Lowestoft in East Anglia, which is quite possibly the worst town in the world! My first F1 memory was the ill-fated 1999 British Grand Prix, and of the multi-coloured cars (the awful BAR 001) which I wanted them to win all the races. Then again, I was 4 at the time, knew nothing better, and hated the red and grey cars!

I'm in my last year of school at this point in time (6 months to go before my GCSEs and prom) heading towards sixth form college.

I am very much still a 90's person. Most of the music I listen to comes from the mid-90s (Britpop, the last great sub-genre of music to be born in the UK. How much I curse the fact I missed it first time around.), and I am very interested in F1 during that period, especially due to the many reject drivers and teams that springed up in this time.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

With the name "East Londoner", I assumed that you lived near the East London track in South Africa (before I read "London" afterwards)!
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Hi,

My name is David AGS, no, AGS aint my surname, named after 'THE GREAT' AGS team of the mid to late 80's, early 90's who were also rather unlucky. I live in Melbourne, love the site for many years before going on the forum. I am a McLaren fan, but always support the underdog, and my first races watched were Japan, Pacific and Australian GP'S in 1995, and got even more involved when the Grand Prix got moved into my backyard just a few months later.
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Wookey

Post by Wookey »

Hello! My name is Philippe, from Marseille in France. I followed the Formula One from a very young age, and my hero as a boy of course was Alain Prost. Unlike many of my friends if I had great respect for Senna. I thought it was fair. The teams, of course I supported Ligier team and the Renault powered teams. Reject teams, I had of course supported Minardi and Prost (I consider the rejects). After Prost Grand Prix is dead, I supported Panis and Renault, but then came the death of the French motorsport. I really hope that Jules Bianchi becomes the next Prost!

Now, I support Williams and Vitaly Petrov. From 1989 to 1995, I attended all the French GP with my father, but I'm afraid those days are gone. My prediction for 2011 is that Vettel will be champion, just!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wookey wrote: My prediction for 2011 is that Vettel will be champion, just!

You and I have differing opinions, my friend. Welcome to the forum anyway!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Wookey wrote:but then came the death of the French motorsport.

I know how you feel. I'm still waiting for another good American F1 driver to show up. Welcome by the way. :D

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

DOSBoot wrote:
Wookey wrote:but then came the death of the French motorsport.

I know how you feel. I'm still waiting for another good American F1 driver to show up. Welcome by the way. :D

Alexander Rossi is the answer.