The Ben Pon/Eric the Eel Olympic thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Aerospeed

Re: The Robin Widdows/Eddie the Eagle Olympic thread

Post by Aerospeed »

Why on earth are so many people putting up Norway as high as first and second??? Do they know something I don't, or does the country have a high amount of good cross country skiers or something, I dunno...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Aerospeed wrote:Why on earth are so many people putting up Norway as high as first and second??? Do they know something I don't, or does the country have a high amount of good cross country skiers or something, I dunno...

Norway dominated the Biathlon world championships last year winning 8 out of 11 golds you can get in those championships. They also won 8 golds in the cross country skiing championships. They were 4th at Vancouver but you do have reason to be weary considering they were a dreadful 13th in Turin on just 2 golds

Yes Freezy does know what Norway have done.
girry

Post by girry »

Aerospeed wrote:Why on earth are so many people putting up Norway as high as first and second??? Do they know something I don't, or does the country have a high amount of good cross country skiers or something, I dunno...

Coming from a land where media mainly covers the traditional wintersports, Freeze's post actually made me scratch my head and think about why on earth USA are predicted above Norway...
when you're dead people start listening
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

giraurd wrote:

Coming from a land where media mainly covers the traditional wintersports, Freeze's post actually made me scratch my head and think about why on earth USA are predicted above Norway...

Summer or Winter USA are always near the front. They beat Norway in vancouver so they look good to do it again. Canada had home advantage in 2010 and as for Germany their cross country and biathlon has dropped a bit. Norway do rely most on those sports and the mens side of alpine skiing but USA should edge it everywhere else
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:It's alpine skiing and biathlon for me in Sochi.

For me, it's snowboarding and a little bit of skiing.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:

Skiing and bobsled for me. It's all about SPEED!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

go_Rubens wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

Skiing and bobsled for me. It's all about SPEED!

Short track speed skating and cross-country skiing, because they're vaguely reminiscent of auto racing.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:Short track speed skating and cross-country skiing, because they're vaguely reminiscent of auto racing.

Part of Cross Country and Biathlon remind me of the WRC
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

If Norway are so good, why do they get beaten by Brits at their own national championships?: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/25780083
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

watka wrote:If Norway are so good, why do they get beaten by Brits at their own national championships?: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/25780083

The Norwegians laid eyes upon Max Chilton.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Musgrave does train in Norway so I'd expect some performances like this against the B-Squad as it were. The lead Norweigans like Petter Northug would still comfortably beat him though
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Well, it's almost here. Here's to an exciting Winter Olympics here on F1 Rejects!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

go_Rubens wrote:Well, it's almost here. Here's to an exciting Winter Olympics here on F1 Rejects!

What will we be supporting?
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Well, it's almost here. Here's to an exciting Winter Olympics here on F1 Rejects!

What will we be supporting?

I propose Jamaica's Bobsled team. There is no snow in Jamaica, let alone ice, because of the warm weather, so I'm supporting them through raw talent and potential "underdog" winning ability.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Sochi's already in the news, for the wrong reasons. :lol:

Joking aside, I'm quite worried about these games, what with the parlous state of Russia nowadays. I just hope nothing terrible happens out there.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:Sochi's already in the news, for the wrong reasons. :lol:

Joking aside, I'm quite worried about these games, what with the parlous state of Russia nowadays. I just hope nothing terrible happens out there.

Biathlonnews did report that the Biathlon village was half built and full of trash so I agree
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

East Londoner wrote:Sochi's already in the news, for the wrong reasons. :lol:

Same here. Part of the reason why I am pondering whether Russia should have a GP or not.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

There always seems to be people who go out of their way to find something wrong with the host city of the olympics - Take Vancouver, which they had snow trouble in 2010, and not to mention the numerous disputes with the First Nations. Those games went off without a hitch. I should expect the same here. Though I have to admit for a country which spent 50 million dollars on preparing for the olympics, they could have at least given the athlete's village some paint. :lol:

Trulli bad puns...
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2014 ... rising-one

Shaun White pulls out of Slopestyle. Well, so much for surprising...
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Another Farce

The Biathlon Tracks are too short

You mean they were short, and then they fixed them. Still ridiculous that they made a mistake like that, of course.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Is anyone watching the opening ceremony
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Is anyone watching the opening ceremony

I watched some of it in collage thanks to BBC live stream and I then watched some more when I got home.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

So first 5 medals awarded today and here they are

Biathlon Men's sprint: Ole Einar Bjorndalen is the Michael Schumacher of the sport having won 93 races and 18 Golds at World Championships and despite the fact he's now 40 he is still competitive winning today's Sprint his 7th Gold and 12th Medal in all. Dominik Landertinger of Austria won SIlver and Jaroslav Soukup of Czech Republic won the Bronze. Favorites Martin Fourcade and Emil Svendsen were only 6th and 9th

Cross Country Women's Skiathlon: Marit Bjorgen is know as the iron lady and the 3 time Gold medalist from Vancouver made it 4 in the Skiathlon which used to be a Pursuit. It was mainly a 5 woman race and Bjorgen outraced Charlotte Kalla of Sweden to win. Kalla was 2nd and Heidi Weng also of Norway won Bronze.

Speed Skating Men's 5000 meters: Speed Skating is usually NETHERLANDSWINSLOL and that was right today. They locked out the 5000 meters podium with Sven Kramer winning gold with a new Olympic record while Jan Blokhuijsen and Jorritt Bergsma won the Silver and Bronze Medals. The best non Dutch racer was Bart Swings of Belgium in 4th

Snowboard Men's Slopestyle: Sage Kotsenburg had never set the world alight in World Championships but a storming run in the new slopestyle race gave him Gold for USA. Norway lost potential medal hope Tortstein Horgmo after he broke his collarbone on the course prompting the safety concerns which led to Shaun White's withdrawl from the event but Staale Sandbech stepped in for Norway to win Silver while despite a broken rib Mark McMorris won the Bronze for Canada. Jamie Nicholls was an excellent 2nd for GB after the first run but fell to a still highly creditable 6th for GB's best result in this event ever. (Our Medal chances will be on later in the games)

Freestyle Skiing Women's Moguls: There are 3 Dufour-Lapointe sisters and 2 of them were on the podium today. Justine beating Chloe to take the Gold and they represent Canada. USA's number 1 Hannah Kearney won the Bronze
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I learned even more about Norway today now that they have the lead after Day 1.

But GOLD!!! for Canada!!! (And silver, and Bronze, etc. etc.)
Trulli bad puns...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

The snowboard slopestyle was awesome, proper video game style snowboarding. Great to see a couple of Brits do so well too!
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

For the Aussies here, the legendary Roy & HG commentary is back! :D It seems as if their show runs from 9:30pm Eastern Daylight Savings time on channel 10.
This is a cool spot.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Britain has its first medal, and its in the über-cool sport of snowboard slopestyle!: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26056289

Bare in mind that this is Britain's first EVER medal in snow-based disciplines.

As for Bode Miller vs Axsel Lund Svindal in Alpine skiing, its currently 0-0! Some Austrian punk Matthias Mayer spoilt the party and brought home yet another skiing medal for Austria.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

watka wrote:Britain has its first medal, and its in the über-cool sport of snowboard slopestyle!: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26056289

Bare in mind that this is Britain's first EVER medal in snow-based disciplines.

As for Bode Miller vs Axsel Lund Svindal in Alpine skiing, its currently 0-0! Some Austrian punk Matthias Mayer spoilt the party and brought home yet another skiing medal for Austria.

Whoa Whoa. In all fairness it's not like Mayer came out of the blue. He has had podium finishes before this result including a 2nd place this season. I love it when favorites get toppled. Besides Austria needed this as they won a grand total of 0 Medals on the men's side in Vancouver. Of the other medalists Christoph Innerhofer of Italy won Silver and Norway's Kjetil Jansrud won Bronze

Anyway as for the rest of the events

Biathlon Women's Sprint: No one has ever defended a Olympic Sprint Title on the Women's side but step forward Anastasiya Kuzmina who won the Gold just like she did in Vancouver. She was born in Russia but changed to Slovakia so technically Russia won a Gold. They properly won a Silver though with Olga Vilukhina. Ukraine's Vita Semerenko who has won Bronze in the last 2 world championships did it again in the Olympic race

Women's Snowboard Slopestyle: As the BBC have rightly been positive about Jenny Jones has taken an impressive Bronze in Slopestyle having been near the sharp end of the sport for years. The Gold was won by USA's Jamie Anderson and Finland's Enni Rukajarvi won Silver

Luge Men's singles: Felix Loch takes Germany's first win and podium of the games. He won 5 events in the world cup and lived up to his status as favorite. Russia's Albert Demchenko sent the crowd nuts with Silver while Italian Armin Zoeggeler won a medal for the 6th games in a row (B S G G B B)

Cross Country Skiing Men's Skiathlon: Dario Cologna just like in Vancouver won a Gold medal albeit in a different discipline. He judged his last sprint perfectly to win Gold. Silver went to the 2010 champion Marcus Hellner of Sweden and Bronze went to Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway

Figure Skating Team Event: Russia dominated the event from start to finish to take Gold number 1 of the games for them. They never finished lower than 3rd in any of the individual events that make up the team event and duly deserved it. Canada won Silver and USA won Bronze

Mens Ski Jumping Normal Hill: Poland's Kamil Stoch won this event with a stunning final jump earning him the title. Slovenia's Peter Prevc won the Silver and Norweigan Anders Bardal won Bronze

Speed Skating Women's 3000 Meters: NETHERLANDSWINSLOL strikes again as Ireen Wust takes the Gold in the 3000 meters winning by 1.61 seconds. Silver went to Martina Sablikova of the Czech Republic and Bronze went to Russia's Olga Graf
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Beautiful run by Bilodeau!!! Fantastic result!!! What a legend for Canada!!!!!
Trulli bad puns...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Aerospeed wrote:Beautiful run by Bilodeau!!! Fantastic result!!! What a legend for Canada!!!!!

I know. The moguls is so fun to watch isn't it

Day 3 action

Biathlon Men's Pursuit: After a surprisingly poor Sprint France's Martin Fourcade shows why he is one of the favorites of the sport winning Gold missing 1 target. Proving their Sprint Bronze was no fluke the Czech Republic won Silver here this time with Ondrej Moravec who hit 20/20. To add to France's delight Jean-Guillaume Beatrix won Bronze also earning a 19/20 shoot. I can imagine some major partying going on right now in the French team

Alpine Skiing Women's Combined: Maria Hoefl-Reisch of Germany defended the title she won in Vancouver in this combination of the Downhill and Slalom events. Austria's Nicole Hosp won the Silver and Julia Mancuso won Bronze for the USA as they prove they aren't missing Lindsey Vonn one little bit

Speed Skating Men's 500m: Yes you guessed it NETHERLANDSWINSLOL. But this one was special as twins Michel and Ronald Mulder claimed a 1-3 finish. These 2 were born just 10 minutes apart. In Between them was Jan Smeekens who thought he won Gold but was beaten by M Mulder by 0.001

Short Track Speed Skating Men's 1500m: Charles Hamelin of Canada built on his status as favorite by winning Gold in the first STSS event of the games. He won 6 events on the normal tour before the games. Silver went to Han Tianyu in a photo finish with Russia's Victor Ahn getting Bronze for the home team

Freestyle Skiing Men's Mogul: Alex Bilodeau and Mikael Kingsbury have been battling for Canada all year 3-3 in terms of wins and they have taken all but 1 of the top 2 places and Bilodeau won the one that counted after a shaky start which saw him go through in only 8th out of 12th in the first round. Bronze went to local hero Alexandr Smyshlyaev
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I know. The moguls is so fun to watch isn't it

Day 3 action

Biathlon Men's Pursuit: After a surprisingly poor Sprint France's Martin Fourcade shows why he is one of the favorites of the sport winning Gold missing 1 target. Proving their Sprint Bronze was no fluke the Czech Republic won Silver here this time with Ondrej Moravec who hit 20/20. To add to France's delight Jean-Guillaume Beatrix won Bronze also earning a 19/20 shoot. I can imagine some major partying going on right now in the French team

Alpine Skiing Women's Combined: Maria Hoefl-Reisch of Germany defended the title she won in Vancouver in this combination of the Downhill and Slalom events. Austria's Nicole Hosp won the Silver and Julia Mancuso won Bronze for the USA as they prove they aren't missing Lindsey Vonn one little bit

Speed Skating Men's 500m: Yes you guessed it NETHERLANDSWINSLOL. But this one was special as twins Michel and Ronald Mulder claimed a 1-3 finish. These 2 were born just 10 minutes apart. In Between them was Jan Smeekens who thought he won Gold but was beaten by M Mulder by 0.001

Short Track Speed Skating Men's 1500m: Charles Hamelin of Canada built on his status as favorite by winning Gold in the first STSS event of the games. He won 6 events on the normal tour before the games. Silver went to Han Tianyu in a photo finish with Russia's Victor Ahn getting Bronze for the home team

Freestyle Skiing Men's Mogul: Alex Bilodeau and Mikael Kingsbury have been battling for Canada all year 3-3 in terms of wins and they have taken all but 1 of the top 2 places and Bilodeau won the one that counted after a shaky start which saw him go through in only 8th out of 12th in the first round. Bronze went to local hero Alexandr Smyshlyaev

I just want to point out the absolutely sensational Australian tilt at the ROTSWO award (Reject of the Sochi Winter Olympics).

Speed Skating Men's 500m: Daniel Grieg, thought to be an outside medal chance, falls flat on his face after 20 metres in a straight line.

Freestyle Skiing Men's Mogul: Torino gold medallist and Vancouver silver medallist Dale Begg-Smith, having spent three of the last four years developing his IT business in the Cayman Islands and doing no skiing, comes out from hiding and crashes on his second run, missing the final.

Women's freestyle aerial: reigning Olympic champion Lydia Lassila attempts three practice jumps ... and crashes on each of them.

P.S. Don't know if anyone watched the men's ski jumping and noticed the great German competitor Andreas Wank. He immediately goes into the top few sporting names of all time, including Slovenian-Italian basketballer Gregor Fuc-ka (had to put the hyphen in to stop the autocorrect ... it's his real name, darn it!), Korean pole vaulter Kim Yoo-Suk, and NASCAR legend Dick Trickle.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

eytl wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I know. The moguls is so fun to watch isn't it

Day 3 action

I just want to point out the absolutely sensational Australian tilt at the ROTSWO award (Reject of the Sochi Winter Olympics).

Speed Skating Men's 500m: Daniel Grieg, thought to be an outside medal chance, falls flat on his face after 20 metres in a straight line.

Freestyle Skiing Men's Mogul: Torino gold medallist and Vancouver silver medallist Dale Begg-Smith, having spent three of the last four years developing his IT business in the Cayman Islands and doing no skiing, comes out from hiding and crashes on his second run, missing the final.

Women's freestyle aerial: reigning Olympic champion Lydia Lassila attempts three practice jumps ... and crashes on each of them.

P.S. Don't know if anyone watched the men's ski jumping and noticed the great German competitor Andreas Wank. He immediately goes into the top few sporting names of all time, including Slovenian-Italian basketballer Gregor Fuc-ka (had to put the hyphen in to stop the autocorrect ... it's his real name, darn it!), Korean pole vaulter Kim Yoo-Suk, and NASCAR legend Dick Trickle.

Yes Yes Andi Wank always a name attracting stuff like that. There was someone called Martin Koch who's done ski jumping or is that too common a name. Wank hasn't won a Ski jumping individual event but he's had plenty of podiums including a team Silver at Vancouver

I watch most of the Winter Events so you can ask me if you want.

And yes we should have some awards for ROTR for the Sochi games and a ROTG podium
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Musgrave does train in Norway so I'd expect some performances like this against the B-Squad as it were. The lead Norweigans like Petter Northug would still comfortably beat him though

And it does help living in Alaska as a kid :) As far as I understand, from 5 to 12 yo. Where he decided to be a skiier. Moved to Norway in 09, and started on an education within sports, solely focused on cross-country :) He's not the ordinary brit :P
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Alex Bilodeau's moguls run was something to behold. Near perfect. Also, for all people who complain about hurting the knees after going out for a run; a) buy proper footwear and b) try the moguls before complaining about heavy impacts on the knee!

Shame to see Jack Whelbourne crash in the short track skating final, but he did brilliantly to get that far in the competition.

EDIT: Fun fact, champion ski jumper Adam Malysz competed in this year's Dakar Rally, finishing an impressive 13th in the car class: http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2014/us/rider/322.html
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Gotta say, these Olympics suck. When did the athletes become such babies? Whaaa the shi slope is too icy, whaaa the half-pipe is too slushly whaaaa!. You're a Olympic athlete, the top 1% of the top 1%, cowboy the bathplug up and deal with it! Austria now is complaining about "too invasive" drug tests. WTF did you expect?

And Shaun White, go home. You take a spot away from someone in slopestyle, withdraw like a girl, then choke hardcore on your halfpipe run. Even your teammate says 4th was a gift! And all you can say afterwards is "I'm really looking forward to touring with my band". REALLY? REALLY? WHY THE BATHPLUG ARE YOU EVEN HERE THEN!!!!!

RANT OVER
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Just to get you up to speed

The women's Alpine Skiing Women's Downhill event saw the first tie for medals as Slovenia's legend Tina Maze and Switzerland's Dominque Gisin tied for Gold. Switzerland had a very good team performance with Lara Gut who's won 5 races this season taking Bronze and Fabienne Suter getting 5th

The Biathlon event yesterday was the women's Pursuit and that was dominated by Darya Domracheva of Belarus missing only 1 target and winning by 37 seconds. Last years dominator Tora Berger of Norway (11 wins out of 26) won Silver and Teja Gregorin of Slovenia won Bronze

The First Nordic Combined event was on today. This discipline combines skiing with Ski jumping if you want to know what it's made up of. Germany's Eric Frenzel was the favorite having won 7 events before Sochi and he didn't disappoint winning the normal hill. Silver went to the only man who could fight him and that was Japan's Akito Watabe. Magnus Krog of Norway won the Bronze

Freestyle skiing was on yesterday and that was an All North America podium. I say that because Canada took Gold With Dara Howell and Bronze with Kim Lamarre. USA's Devin Logan won the Silver

The 2nd Medal of the Luge was the women's race and that was won by Natalie Geisenberger of Germany who's won 7 out of the 9 races this season. Team mate Tatjana Hufner who's had one win won Silver and Bronze went to Erin Hamlin of the USA. The Men's Doubles was today and Germany won again with Tobias duo Wendl and Arlt. Silver went to the Linger brothers Andreas and Wolfgang and Bronze went to Latvian duo Andris and Juris Sics.

There was a surprise in the first ever Ski Jumping contest for Women. Many thought Japanese teen Sara Takanashi would romp to Gold having won 10 out of 13 events. But she didn't take a medal at all. Instead Germany's Carinna Vogt got Gold ahead of Austrian Daniela Iraschko-Stolz who got Silver and Bronze went to Coline Mattel of France

And yes the big shock was Shaun White's failure to take a single medal from the Snowboard Halfpipe event. A poor first event gave him 11th and he could only claim 4th. Swizterland's Iouri Podladchikov won Gold while Japan won Silver and Bronze with 15 year old Ayumu Hirano and Taku Hiraoka

The speed skating saw a non Dutch win in the Women's 500 meters. Instead South Korea's Lee Sang-Hwa won Gold retaining the crown she won in Vancouver. Russia's Olga Fatkulina took Silver while Dutch skater Margot Boer won Bronze. The Men's 1000 meters though was another Dutch Gold this time thanks to Stefan Groothuis but finally a non Dutch man got a medal and that was Canadian Denny Morrison and he got Silver. 500 meters champion Michel Mulder added a Bronze to become the first multiple Dutch Medalist of Sochi

Still 2 events left to go for today

Russia took Gold and Silver in the Figure Skating Pairs with Tatiana Volosozha and Maxim Trankov taking the Gold with a crushing performance. There team-mates Ksenia Stolbova and Febor Klimov took Silver with Germany''s Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy taking Bronze after a messy last run cost them Silver

The Women's halfpipe was just like the men's with the big favorites faltering again. This time both Torah Bright and Kelly Clark of Australia and USA fell on the first run and Hannah Teter also of USA fell on the second. That meant with two clean runs it was unheralded American Kaitlyn Farrington who came through for Gold. Bright and Clark recovered to Silver and Bronze respectively leaving Teter in 4th
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

[rant]The halfpipe events were a farce. Quite honestly, it seemed like the organizers should have done more to actually make it an even surface. Instead, we had a horrible surface that was ever changing whenever riders went across it. And the fact that the temperature was too warm, causing the snow to turn to slush. Pathetic, even if it adds a weird twist to a "winter" Olympics.[/rant]

Luge was cool to watch. And the USA gets their first medal ever in women's luge. Or is it Luge in general? Either way, awesome.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

go_Rubens wrote:[rant]The halfpipe events were a farce. Quite honestly, it seemed like the organizers should have done more to actually make it an even surface. Instead, we had a horrible surface that was ever changing whenever riders went across it. And the fact that the temperature was too warm, causing the snow to turn to slush. Pathetic, even if it adds a weird twist to a "winter" Olympics.[/rant]

Luge was cool to watch. And the USA gets their first medal ever in women's luge. Or is it Luge in general? Either way, awesome.

Again, if you are able to compete at that level, you can adapt. At least we won something today. We're getting the tar kicked out of us so far. Good on the Norwegians!
Last edited by Wallio on 12 Feb 2014, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Germany are showing how you should lead the medal table. Only 8 Medals but 6 Gold really impressive