2014 Silly Season Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2014 Silly Season Thread

Post by pasta_maldonado »

LellaLombardi wrote:In a way I think that Massa staying at Ferrari this long reflects poorly on Alonso's character. Why are they keeping him? Either Alonso wants someone who won't be a threat to him, or someone in the team doesn't want to potentially disturb the equilibrium. I think Alonso is a great driver, but his reputation would improve in my eyes if he could demonstrate that he doesn't have a tantrum if his team mate is a bit too good.

True, maybe that would enhance a few people's opinions of him. I happen to like him, whilst it appears quit a lot of people in general don't like him for one reason or another. Still, I don't think Alonso will be complaining if they keep Massa on for another year.... ;)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

LellaLombardi wrote:In a way I think that Massa staying at Ferrari this long reflects poorly on Alonso's character. Why are they keeping him? Either Alonso wants someone who won't be a threat to him, or someone in the team doesn't want to potentially disturb the equilibrium. I think Alonso is a great driver, but his reputation would improve in my eyes if he could demonstrate that he doesn't have a tantrum if his team mate is a bit too good.

+1

I honestly think Sergio Perez picked McLaren for this reason
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Svenko Wankerov

Post by Svenko Wankerov »

This is even more ridiculous than the Kobayashi circlejerk that goes on around here.

It's di Montezemolo that's keeping Massa around.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Svenko Wankerov wrote:

This is even more ridiculous than the Kobayashi circlejerk that goes on around here.

It's di Montezemolo that's keeping Massa around.

And here is di Montezemelo saying why he should stay:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-ferrari-fully-behind-struggling-massa-111603655.html
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Svenko Wankerov wrote:It's di Montezemolo that's keeping Massa around.

Fair enough, its his team.
Just For One Day...
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

CoopsII wrote:
Svenko Wankerov wrote:It's di Montezemolo that's keeping Massa around.

Fair enough, its his team.

Well, Ferrari are not giving up on him yet. I think Massa can drive well enough to stay, but I'd rather see The Hulk in his seat.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

Hmm, i read through that and all i could make of it is Massa is out, but it's not convenient or politically correct to say so at this time.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
Eifelland

Post by Eifelland »

I know he's gone all JV on us these days, and it's easy to forget, but for the intervention (or lack) of Timo Glock, Massa would be the 2008 world champion. I wonder if he'd been faster then Fernando, a year to the day after his crash, if he wouldn't be more competitive now.
Jocke1 is my spirit animal

Forza Minardi. Forza Bianchi. Forza Rejects.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Eifelland wrote:I know he's gone all JV on us these days, and it's easy to forget, but for the intervention (or lack) of Timo Glock, Massa would be the 2008 world champion. I wonder if he'd been faster then Fernando, a year to the day after his crash, if he wouldn't be more competitive now.

I think that's a fairly valid point. The way I see it, having to give up that win ruined whatever flame he had left in him. And I don't blame him. Even more reason to dislike Alonso. Not that I need any more.
And yes, Alonso was just as much part of that decision as the Ferrari management. I'll never forget Alonso whining in the radio before the "Faster than you" call. "This is ridiculous!"
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

DonTirri wrote:
Eifelland wrote:I know he's gone all JV on us these days, and it's easy to forget, but for the intervention (or lack) of Timo Glock, Massa would be the 2008 world champion. I wonder if he'd been faster then Fernando, a year to the day after his crash, if he wouldn't be more competitive now.

I think that's a fairly valid point. The way I see it, having to give up that win ruined whatever flame he had left in him.

I disagree. Maybe his form would've increased for a while, but Massa has had good solid races since Germany 2010. I don't see one win, no matter how heartwarming, doing much to overcome the massive slumps in performance in between his few good races.

DonTirri wrote:And yes, Alonso was just as much part of that decision as the Ferrari management. I'll never forget Alonso whining in the radio before the "Faster than you" call. "This is ridiculous!"

Honestly, I agree with that decision. I remember people ruling Alonso out of the championship battle entirely after Silverstone - he needed every point he could get, no matter what.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Svenko Wankerov

Post by Svenko Wankerov »

The irony of a Kimi Raikkonen fan whining about another driver benefiting from Massa giving up a win...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:EDIT: Also, Baker, I have some bad news for you...

Yeah, I first came across that story while reading the Metro on the Central line the other day. Fortec seem to be having problems with retaining their drivers at the moment. Sad that he won't get a chance to add to the statistic that every Hill to have got to F1 has won the title, but maybe if a music career works out for for him as well as it did for his father's teammate in 1996, he may make it to F1 at a similar age to his father or his father's 1994 teammate's nephew...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I heard a really silly rumour at the weekend that must be just a rumour and nothing else, because it's too far-fetched. Mercedes to invest in a 2nd team, probably Force India, and use it as a junior team.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

It makes some sense, as they only have DTM at the moment where all their drivers go, including even a certain Scottish FI driver.
However, if this actually happens, I do not see Sutil sticking around in the long term - given he is old furniture at the squad (since 06 no less), I believe he won't be driving for them next year.
Sam Bird however, might get his debut next to Di Resta.

I still doubt the buyout.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Faustus wrote:I heard a really silly rumour at the weekend that must be just a rumour and nothing else, because it's too far-fetched. Mercedes to invest in a 2nd team, probably Force India, and use it as a junior team.

Can't disagree with the farfetched part. For a team that is apparently looking for any excuse to pack up and leave F1, investing in a second team seems like the last thing they'd be interested in.

I sometimes feel like F1 is turning into Serie A. No trust in young up-and-comers. I remember rumours that Hamilton wouldn't be promoted directly to McLaren after his GP2 title win, and that De La Rosa would get the drive instead as he was vastly more experienced. And look what happened there!

When is the last time a top team plucked a young driver straight out of the junior categories? Looking at the recent champions, we can see that Vettel went via Scuderia Toro Rosso and BMW, Button had already been around for a long time having previously driven for Williams and Benetton before moving to BAR which eventually morphed into Honda and then Brawn, Raikkonen had been around for a long time after being at McLaren and Sauber, Alonso spent time at Minardi before getting a race seat at Renault. And then looking at the nearly men of the past - Massa was loaned out to Sauber by Ferrari, and most other nearly men recently are experienced guys who made their debuts a long long time ago.

The only exceptions I can think of at all in the last 20 years are Lewis Hamilton at McLaren and David Coultahrd at Williams (which came under tragic cirumstances and may not have unfolded that way otherwise). Jacques Villeneuve kind of comes under that too, but he was CART champion, which isn't exactly a "junior" category - he was 25 when he switched to F1, which I guess is reasonably young. Meanwhile Montoya was 26 when he copied JV's switch.

Williams gave Rosberg his shot, but by then, they were not a top team. The same has to go for Glock and Hülkenberg. And perhaps Glock shouldn't even be considered, given his spell at Jordan years before. The same goes for Grosjean, who came back to a competitive Lotus team after a torrid time at Renault a few years before.

The very few drivers who land top seats at the start of their careers rarely seem to squander them. If Mercedes spent less time wasting money on massive contracts for big name drivers and big name technical staff, and more time on the finer details, perhaps they would improve. IIRC Vettel earns less money per season than all the other world champions in F1 at the moment, even though he has more titles to his name than the rest.

Perhaps its time teams stopped wasting their time shoving young guns into B-teams and start having some faith. It may well pay off.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

Possibly far fetched but not entirely unreasonable. But instead of Force India, i'm thinking it would be Williams. They suck, need money and will be Mercedes customers from next year. They may as well stick a Mercedes youngster there to get aclimatised to F1. If Williams ever climb back to the top it will not be overnight and there are worse fortunes than being a junior team for a while.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Williams has, is, and always will be an independent privateer team, even if said independence comes at the expense of the team itself. The only way I see Williams becoming a subsidiary of a manufacturer would be if the team goes bankrupt or if it were sold to an outside group of investors, with both situations likely reducing the team to a fetid, smoldering rump of an outfit with an association to Williams in name only.

If Frank Williams has so much as a penny and a heap of scrap metal, Williams will continue to compete free from manufacturer interference.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
mario

Post by mario »

kevinbotz wrote:Williams has, is, and always will be an independent privateer team, even if said independence comes at the expense of the team itself. The only way I see Williams becoming a subsidiary of a manufacturer would be if the team goes bankrupt or if it were sold to an outside group of investors, with both situations likely reducing the team to a fetid, smoldering rump of an outfit with an association to Williams in name only.

If Frank Williams has so much as a penny and a heap of scrap metal, Williams will continue to compete free from manufacturer interference.

I am reasonably sure that Frank Williams said he would rather shut the team down altogether, if it had reached that point, rather than see it sold off and turned into a subsidiary of another team. As for the notion of Mercedes investing in Force India and turning it into a junior team, I would agree that, for now, it looks unlikely - I could see Mercedes displacing McLaren as Force India's development partner given that Force India is sticking with their powertrain, but not a full takeover.

Stramala wrote:Perhaps its time teams stopped wasting their time shoving young guns into B-teams and start having some faith. It may well pay off.

The top teams have tended to be conservative when it comes to driver choice, often for decades - Ferrari have been famous for their conservative nature, and Enzo himself made it clear that he wanted experienced drivers in his team (the last driver to make their debut at Ferrari was, I believe, Merzario in 1973, although Gilles only had one race under his belt when he joined Ferrari in 1978). The last rookie that McLaren took on before Hamilton was Michael Andretti in 1993 - and we know how that ended - with the last one before that being Giacomelli in 1978, I think.
Whilst those top teams may have faith in some up and coming drivers, at the same time their caution comes from the fact that, because FOM's revenues allocation is weighted towards the most successful teams in any season, losing a few places in the WCC due to an inexperienced driver crashing out or having poor races can potentially have a bigger financial impact.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Sublime_FA11C wrote:Possibly far fetched but not entirely unreasonable. But instead of Force India, i'm thinking it would be Williams. They suck, need money and will be Mercedes customers from next year. They may as well stick a Mercedes youngster there to get aclimatised to F1. If Williams ever climb back to the top it will not be overnight and there are worse fortunes than being a junior team for a while.

I personally would choose Wickens or Bird.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Williams and Mercedes could keep a relationship similar to the one Sauber and Ferrari had several years ago, and that they have somewhat restarted since Sauber bought the team back. It's not far fetched.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Gary Anderson thinks Bianchi should be at Ferrari in a support role.

If I was Ferrari, I would take someone else to partner Alonso next year. They need two drivers scoring consistent points in the constructors' championship, which is where the money gets paid.
They need someone more consistent, even if he is not quite as quick as Massa can be when he is on form.
I would go for Marussia's Jules Bianchi, who is part of Ferrari's young driver scheme.
Alonso is their main man until at least the end of his contract, which they say runs through 2016. And they seem to have lined up Vettel to replace him. So the lead driver position is sorted. They need a decent back-up driver, a good number two.
Someone like Nico Hulkenberg of Sauber probably has more pace right now, but he's going to want to be winning races sooner rather than later. Bianchi has talent and would accept a support role, which is what Ferrari need.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Reigning GP2 champ Davide Valsecchi not expecting a promotion at Lotus for 2014.

Really, I thought that he would be a good candidate for the drive.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tristan1117 wrote:Reigning GP2 champ Davide Valsecchi not expecting a promotion at Lotus for 2014.

Valsecchi's arguably a weaker GP2 champ than Pantano. I'm not surprised. They would've done better to snap up Robin Frijns, but that would require Lotus' driver development to make any amount of sense.
Everything's great.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Salamander wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:Reigning GP2 champ Davide Valsecchi not expecting a promotion at Lotus for 2014.

Valsecchi's arguably a weaker GP2 champ than Pantano. I'm not surprised. They would've done better to snap up Robin Frijns, but that would require Lotus' driver development to make any amount of sense.

The Lotus Junior Team never made any sense. Look at how Marco Sorensen was passed on for a YDT opportunity in place of Nico Prost.

If Boullier's incessant nationalism is anything to go by, only Esteban Ocon and Dorian Boccolacci, of the Lotus Junior Team stand any chance to ever race with them in the future.
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

wsrgo wrote:
Salamander wrote:

The Lotus Junior Team never made any sense. Look at how Marco Sorensen was passed on for a YDT opportunity in place of Nico Prost.

If Boullier's incessant nationalism is anything to go by, only Esteban Ocon and Dorian Boccolacci, of the Lotus Junior Team stand any chance to ever race with them in the future.

... what incessant nationalism?
Everything's great.
mario

Post by mario »

wsrgo wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Salamander wrote:... what incessant nationalism?

I think that he believes that Boullier is biased towards French drivers, although, given the fact that Total appear to have been fairly active in keeping their favourite, Grosjean, at Lotus, it is always possible that they have been exerting pressure on Boullier to run a French driver during the Young Driver tests. It's worth bearing in mind Alain Prost's old links with Elf, which is part of Total, could also have had some influence on the decision, so I wouldn't rule out heavy sponsor pressure being the reason behind this move.
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Is now a bad time to remind Eric Boullier and the Total bigwigs that Rrrrrrmmmnnn Grrrjjjjnnn is actually Swiss, and competed under that flag in the 2010 GT season, including Le Mans?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

I don't know if this is too early for this, but since this is the silly season thread, I think this is the best place to put this:

Red Bull - Renault:
Vettel
Vergne
Red Bull needs a driver that can not pressure Vettel. I see Ricciardo as being too hotheaded for Marko's liking, and they pick Vergne. After all, Vettel is Red Bull's Golden Boy and they don't want someone to challenge him. Same reason why I don't see Raikkonen joining.

Ferrari:
Alonso
Massa
Ferrari retains Massa despite wanting drivers such as Kobayashi and Hulkenberg in the second seat. Thing is Massa has been with Ferrari for quite a long time and he knows the team. Plus, he has Montezuma's backing.

McLaren - Mercedes:
Perez
Button
Telmex money eventually replaces Vodafone; there is no clear head driver but I don't see either leaving McLaren

Mercedes:
Hamilton
Rosberg
No change; this is one of the better driver lineups for the team and I don't see any reason why they would change it.

Lotus - Renault:
Raikkonen
Grosjean
I would be surprised if Raikkonen leaves Lotus. In addition if Lotus can groom Grosjean into an incredible wingman they would be easily in the top three.

Force India - Mercedes:
Sutil
di Resta
No change here; it's a team that works, and Sutil is quick albeit the next coming of Chris Amon.

Sauber - Ferrari:
Gutierrez
Sirotkin/Bianchi/Hulkenberg
Sponsors might want their respective drivers in the seats. Conversely, Ferrari might want Bianchi in the seat alongside Gutierrez (who I don't see leaving because of Telmex money). I don't see Hulkenberg staying; he is a known entity as a racing driver, but if he can't be paid then I don't see the team retaining him.

Toro Rosso - Renault:
Ricciardo
da Costa
Da Costa replaces Vergne. Ricciardo stays at Toro Rosso.

Williams - Mercedes:
Maldonado
Wolff/Bottas
I see Wolff retaining Maldonado but replacing Bottas with Wolff because of Mercedes engines. Bottas might stay if he improves his racecraft, but I see Wolff over him at the moment.

Marussia and Caterham I have no idea who would fit. Maybe Rossi for Caterham but aside from that I don't know.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Dan B wrote:Red Bull - Renault:
Vettel
Vergne
Red Bull needs a driver that can not pressure Vettel. I see Ricciardo as being too hotheaded for Marko's liking, and they pick Vergne. After all, Vettel is Red Bull's Golden Boy and they don't want someone to challenge him. Same reason why I don't see Raikkonen joining.

Ricciardo? Hotheaded? Whatever your dealer has prescribed you, I want some. :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Wizzie wrote:
Vettel
Vergne

Ricciardo? Hotheaded? Whatever your dealer has prescribed you, I want some. :lol:

I was recalling his comments on how he wanted to "blow Vergne out of the water" and similar. By contrast Vergne is quite chill.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Vettel
Vergne
Red Bull needs a driver that can not pressure Vettel. I see Ricciardo as being too hotheaded for Marko's liking, and they pick Vergne.

Umm... http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -red-bull/
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Salamander wrote:
wsrgo wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Oh, his insistence to persist with the likes of Grosjean and Prost..
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

wsrgo wrote:
Salamander wrote:
wsrgo wrote:The Lotus Junior Team never made any sense. Look at how Marco Sorensen was passed on for a YDT opportunity in place of Nico Prost.

Oh, his insistence to persist with the likes of Grosjean and Prost..

Even more baffling is why they decided to employ Alex Albon. He failed to come anywhere near scoring a point in FR2.0 last year and he only looks marginally better in 2013.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
mario

Post by mario »

wsrgo wrote:Oh, his insistence to persist with the likes of Grosjean and Prost..

As I said before, though, I suspect that is more to do with Total rather than Boullier - Total were rumoured to have pressurised Boullier on behalf of Grosjean and, given that their sponsorship deal is worth at least £5 million a year, that probably gives them a reasonable amount of clout given the precarious financial position of the team. Similarly, I suspect that Nicolas Prost's run in the car might have been helped by his father's old links to Elf, which is a subsidiary of Total.

It also has to be said that the treatment Grosjean is getting within the team is not exactly favourable either - Kimi is, without question, the favoured driver there, often being the first to get upgraded parts and given more track time in pre-season testing (he was also supposed to be testing in the Young Driver test but decided against it when he wouldn't get to test new parts - Grosjean, meanwhile, was getting no seat time whatsoever).

eurobrun wrote:Even more baffling is why they decided to employ Alex Albon. He failed to come anywhere near scoring a point in FR2.0 last year and he only looks marginally better in 2013.

I thought that Albon was part of the Red Bull Junior team rather than Lotus's - he is still listed on the Red Bull Junior team website as one of their drivers, as far as I can tell. http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 3182465771
RonDenisDeletraz

mario wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Even more baffling is why they decided to employ Alex Albon. He failed to come anywhere near scoring a point in FR2.0 last year and he only looks marginally better in 2013.

I thought that Albon was part of the Red Bull Junior team rather than Lotus's - he is still listed on the Red Bull Junior team website as one of their drivers, as far as I can tell. http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 3182465771

He was a Red Bull young driver last year, but it has been said by others on this forum that he moved to the Lotus program this year. The whole situation confuses me. Why a F1 linked young driver program would want him confuses me even more.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

eurobrun wrote:
mario wrote:

He was a Red Bull young driver last year, but it has been said by others on this forum that he moved to the Lotus program this year. The whole situation confuses me. Why a F1 linked young driver program would want him confuses me even more.

Well...http://www.paddockscout.com/ex-red-bull-man-achieves-maiden-pole-at-the-red-bull-ring/

I forgive you :lol:

RonDenisDeletraz

wsrgo wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
mario wrote:I thought that Albon was part of the Red Bull Junior team rather than Lotus's - he is still listed on the Red Bull Junior team website as one of their drivers, as far as I can tell. http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_ ... 3182465771

Well...http://www.paddockscout.com/ex-red-bull-man-achieves-maiden-pole-at-the-red-bull-ring/

I forgive you :lol:

Wow, holy shite. Needless to say that is absolutely humiliating.

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Dan B wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
Vettel
Vergne

I was recalling his comments on how he wanted to "blow Vergne out of the water" and similar. By contrast Vergne is quite chill.

If either Ricciardo or Vergne get the Red Bull drive, the other one will probably be sacked from Toro Rosso.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Hm, bye-bye Jean-Eric then? Shame, I actually liked him. But I like Ricciardo more.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Faustus wrote:If either Ricciardo or Vergne get the Red Bull drive, the other one will probably be sacked from Toro Rosso.

And then Johnny Cecotto Jr. makes his F1 debut...