The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Gerudo Dragon

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

shinji wrote:Poor you, having to go to a Grand Prix at a picturesque historic venue. My heart bleeds.

Have a bit of gratitude. You clearly have no idea how fortunate you are to have that kind of opportunity, and how many thousands of motorsport fans would give anything to be in your position.
Hey, I love the circuit and for the most part I don't mind going, I just wish the main race was something fun like Indycar, not a sport that I've pretty much given up on.
Trump 2016
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Dark77 wrote:
shinji wrote:Poor you, having to go to a Grand Prix at a picturesque historic venue. My heart bleeds.

Have a bit of gratitude. You clearly have no idea how fortunate you are to have that kind of opportunity, and how many thousands of motorsport fans would give anything to be in your position.
Hey, I love the circuit and for the most part I don't mind going, I just wish the main race was something fun like Indycar, not a sport that I've pretty much given up on.

The quality of the race is irrelevant as a spectator at the track, it's all about the sounds and the smells and the sensation of speed going past your face. Could be a complete procession and it shouldn't matter.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

shinji wrote:
Dark77 wrote:From the 25th-27th of August I'll unfortunately be dragged to the Belgian round of VETTELWINSLOL, yay. :roll:

Atleast I have GP2 to look forward to.

Poor you, having to go to a Grand Prix at a picturesque historic venue. My heart bleeds.

Diddums, you having to watch Vettel. I would love to go to the Belgian gp for the heretage, overpriced chips and to get s**tfaced on Stella, but mainly to stand at Eau Rouge and say " I was there" to my children and grandchildren.
Also having been to the 2009 British GP at Silverstone, If you are camping, you may not get much sleep although since I was young at the time, I slept through it all.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

shinji wrote:
Dark77 wrote:

The quality of the race is irrelevant as a spectator at the track, it's all about the sounds and the smells and the sensation of speed going past your face. Could be a complete procession and it shouldn't matter.

Indeed. Having been there more than once, I can safely say that the atmosphere is much more important than the actual racing. That, and the fricadelles are brilliant. Try them. TRY. THEM.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Sleep at a Grand Prix weekend? Pfft, pull a 72-hour stint ;)

I have a friend who has been to loads of European cities on a weekend break and stays awake for the entire trip. He's quite lucky to have been to so many places and has loads of memories from it. It's cheap to do and you quite literally, get to see the world.

I'm rambling but whatever...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

tommykl wrote:Indeed. Having been there more than once, I can safely say that the atmosphere is much more important than the actual racing. That, and the fricadelles are brilliant. Try them. TRY. THEM.

Deep fried eh? Sounds like it would go down a storm in Scotland...

I had hoped so much to go to Spa or Monza this year, but I simply haven't the money. Doesn't look like I will in time for next year either. Can't even afford Silverstone.

I'd rather go to a 24 hour race though. Need to stay awake? Down some Vodka & Red Bull and party until sunrise! Anybody who makes noise complaints clearly doesn't understand the point of enduros :mrgreen:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

roblomas52 wrote:
shinji wrote:
Dark77 wrote:From the 25th-27th of August I'll unfortunately be dragged to the Belgian round of VETTELWINSLOL, yay. :roll:

Poor you, having to go to a Grand Prix at a picturesque historic venue. My heart bleeds.

Diddums, you having to watch Vettel. I would love to go to the Belgian gp for the heretage, overpriced chips and to get s**tfaced on Stella, but mainly to stand at Eau Rouge and say " I was there" to my children and grandchildren.
Also having been to the 2009 British GP at Silverstone, If you are camping, you may not get much sleep although since I was young at the time, I slept through it all.

Don't ever again call it 'Chips'! Don't even try to call it 'French Fries'! Call it 'frites' (French) or 'Frieten' (Dutch)! :evil: This is my national pride you're talking about! (but you are right that they are overpriced)
Anyway, Dark77, Francorchamps is not about the racing, it's about the beer and the cuisine. Which is outside of the circuit, but rather in the surrounding villages. Perhaps you should go to visit the Stavelot Museum (featuring an original Kauhsen from 1978!) Also, Francorchamps is about camping in the woods, drinking rare abbey ales and have a barbeque, with the sound of racing cars in the background. For the hell of it, you could even go fishing in the Eau Rouge river :lol:

tommykl wrote:Indeed. Having been there more than once, I can safely say that the atmosphere is much more important than the actual racing. That, and the fricadelles are brilliant. Try them. TRY. THEM.

There are actually quite a few local discussions about what a Fricadelle actually is. There's 2 entirely different types of meat claiming that name, having differences from village to village :lol:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

The amount of comments like this about Vettel are making me wonder if we should just give Vettel all the remaining race wins to put me out of my misery.

Really now? I cringe. It is highly unlikely to see Vettel win the rest of the races. I don't even think he will win at Spa or Monza. Truly.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

go_Rubens wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

The amount of comments like this about Vettel are making me wonder if we should just give Vettel all the remaining race wins to put me out of my misery.

Really now? I cringe. It is highly unlikely to see Vettel win the rest of the races. I don't even think he will win at Spa or Monza. Truly.

Well considering Red Bull were only the 3rd best car in Hungary, the 2nd best in Germany and equal best in Silverstone. I wouldn't give it to Vettel yet!
Message me on Discord.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I've previously watched F1 at Silverstone and Monza, Belgium and Monaco would be the next two on my to-visit list. Bernie, take note. See any connections? European? Classic tracks?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

dr-baker wrote:I've previously watched F1 at Silverstone and Monza, Belgium and Monaco would be the next two on my to-visit list. Bernie, take note. See any connections? European? Classic tracks?

I bet he doesn't. He probably doesn't care :x
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I've previously watched F1 at Silverstone and Monza, Belgium and Monaco would be the next two on my to-visit list. Bernie, take note. See any connections? European? Classic tracks?

I bet he doesn't. He probably doesn't care :x

Maybe he might if I married one of his daughters? Maybe I could meet her by viewing her Belgravia pad and stealing her heart?...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

dr-baker wrote:Maybe he might if I married one of his daughters? Maybe I could meet her by viewing her Belgravia pad and stealing her heart?...

Your just looking for any excuse, aren't you Baker? :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Maybe he might if I married one of his daughters? Maybe I could meet her by viewing her Belgravia pad and stealing her heart?...

Your just looking for any excuse, aren't you Baker? :P

Hasn't worked yet though has it? ;)
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Jocke1 wrote:
good_Ralf wrote: including Malmo

Bring a gun. Loaded.

good_Ralf wrote:Posting from an Apple store in Malmo. Jocke1 I'm fine.

Well that's good to hear. What kind of firearm did you bring along?
I find a Colt Single Action Army revolver or a Glock 17 semi-automatic pistol to be best for visits to Malmö.
How many times have you had to defend yourself so far? No one coming up to you trying to mug you yet?

There has been much focus on crime, gangs and shootings. Malmö seems to be a dangerous city and the people of Malmö seems to live with life on stake.

Top Ten Most Dangerous Cities in Europe

12 Tips on Malmö Warnings or Dangers - Stay Safe! - Virtual Tourist

northern europe's most dangerous city

Rosengård, Malmö ranked the worlds thirteenth most dangerous city.

2009–10 Malmö shootings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malm%C3%B6_shootings

The local police warned against panic, pointing out that the risk for any individual of being shot was very low. At the same time, they cautioned people of ethnic minorities to avoid lonely places after dark, which was when the attacks had been taking place.
:roll:
-*:-
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Jocke1 wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:
good_Ralf wrote: including Malmo

Bring a gun. Loaded.

good_Ralf wrote:Posting from an Apple store in Malmo. Jocke1 I'm fine.

Well that's good to hear. What kind of firearm did you bring along?
I find a Colt Single Action Army revolver or a Glock 17 semi-automatic pistol to be best for visits to Malmö.
How many times have you had to defend yourself so far? No one coming up to you trying to mug you yet?

There has been much focus on crime, gangs and shootings. Malmö seems to be a dangerous city and the people of Malmö seems to live with life on stake.

Top Ten Most Dangerous Cities in Europe

12 Tips on Malmö Warnings or Dangers - Stay Safe! - Virtual Tourist

northern europe's most dangerous city

Rosengård, Malmö ranked the worlds thirteenth most dangerous city.

2009–10 Malmö shootings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malm%C3%B6_shootings

The local police warned against panic, pointing out that the risk for any individual of being shot was very low. At the same time, they cautioned people of ethnic minorities to avoid lonely places after dark, which was when the attacks had been taking place.
:roll:

Mate, if I went to Malmö, I would bring a Glock 18 fully automatic pistol and an AK-47 so I am prepared for anything.
Makes me wonder if they should have hosted this years Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Will it be chips or jacket spuds, will it be salad or frozen peas?
Will it be mushrooms, fried onion rings, you'll have to wait and see...

This wrote:Don't ever again call it 'Chips'! Don't even try to call it 'French Fries'! Call it 'frites' (French) or 'Frieten' (Dutch)!

We hope it's chips, it's chips, we hope it's chips, it's chips....

Some years ago there were emails circulating about people in the US being drugged and having their kidneys stolen and sold on the black market. I think we have a suspect.

Jocke1 wrote:Well that's good to hear. What kind of firearm did you bring along?

Come off it. This is F1 Rejects. If you're going to carry a gun in Malmö or anywhere else, then while a Glock is sort of acceptable, surely the only true choice is a Beretta. Colt and Smith & Wesson are right out.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

dinizintheoven wrote:Will it be chips or jacket spuds, will it be salad or frozen peas?

This wrote:Don't ever again call it 'Chips'! Don't even try to call it 'French Fries'! Call it 'frites' (French) or 'Frieten' (Dutch)!

I'll have chips if you're offering.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:

Some years ago there were emails circulating about people in the US being drugged and having their kidneys stolen and sold on the black market. I think we have a suspect.

Dammit. I've been rumbled... :?
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

FullMetalJack wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:Will it be chips or jacket spuds, will it be salad or frozen peas?

I'm having chips with my tea right now ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

roblomas52 wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:

Image Image

I can't say that's a combination I'd enjoy.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:

Image Image

I'll say, that tea's too milky...;)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ataxia wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:[I'm having chips with my tea right now ;)

Image Image

I'll say, that tea's too milky...;)

1. i had burger and chips for my tea
2. i normally have 90%tea and 10% milk when i make a cuppa
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

An important announcement

Right, this isn't easy so apologies if I ramble on.

As most of you know by now, I had testicular cancer not so long ago and after an operation and regular check-up's I thought I might be in the clear but the cancer has come back and it's a more aggressive kind. I've already began to pack all my things away and have handed in my notice at work because I'll be going into a specialist centre at Macmillan cancer support. I've also made a final payment on my monthly direct debits including Sky, broadband and my phones so I'll be offline for a considerable amount of time, if I return after all this.

I'll be moving out of my flat sometime tomorrow and going into London in the evening so if anything needs to be sorted out in the PMMF thread then please put a post up in the relevant thread and I'll sort it out before tomorrow. Im not sure what the waiting process is for the RWRS teams but I'd like the next member in line to take over my Kingfisher teams and to do whatever they want with them. As for all my other teams in other series, well I'm immediately pulling out of them so whether happens to my teams then so be it. Any questions about anything don't hesitate to ask but I'll be offline from Sunday afternoon onwards

So yeah, that's it really. shite happens eh...
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

AdrianSutil wrote:An important announcement

As most of you know by now, I had testicular cancer not so long ago and after an operation and regular check-up's I thought I might be in the clear but the cancer has come back and it's a more aggressive kind. I've already began to pack all my things away and have handed in my notice at work because I'll be going into a specialist centre at Macmillan cancer support. I've also made a final payment on my monthly direct debits including Sky, broadband and my phones so I'll be offline for a considerable amount of time, if I return after all this.

I'll be moving out of my flat sometime tomorrow and going into London in the evening so if anything needs to be sorted out in the PMMF thread then please put a post up in the relevant thread and I'll sort it out before tomorrow. Im not sure what the waiting process is for the RWRS teams but I'd like the next member in line to take over my Kingfisher teams and to do whatever they want with them. As for all my other teams in other series, well I'm immediately pulling out of them so whether happens to my teams then so be it. Any questions about anything don't hesitate to ask but I'll be offline from Sunday afternoon onwards

Really sorry about that mate, you will be in very good care and make the most of it.
I was genuinely shocked when I herd that mate and I wish you all the best
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Mate, that's bad news, and not what I was expecting :(

I hope you manage to overcome the cancer again, this time for good, and one day soon return to post on F1 Rejects. Good luck to you and I hope you make it through.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ignore me
Last edited by roblo97 on 17 Aug 2013, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

That's awful, I'm very sorry how this has gone for you. :(

You're in a specialist centre, so you'll be in good hands. Keep up the fight, my friend, and I hope to see you again.

I wish you all the best.

roblomas52 wrote:I would like to take over kingfisher in the RWS series's if that is ok

I really hope this is a joke...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Just promise as soon as you've finished fighting back yet again, you don't forget about us! Come back and say hello again once you've finished round 2 :)

Image Image
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ataxia wrote:

roblomas52 wrote:I would like to take over kingfisher in the RWS series's if that is ok

Look, I've apologised now, I never meant it that way and I wanted to be helpful.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

roblomas52 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Look, I've apologised now, I never meant it that way and I wanted to be helpful.

You have to understood what it looked like to everyone else though.

You're an innocent bystander, while someone is getting beaten up on the street by a thug. When the thug flees, you go over to the victim and steal his wallet.

That's pretty much what it looked like. Hence the moral outcry that followed. Good intentions have to be tempered with some common sense and perspective.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So sorry to hear this. Hoping that there is still time on your side. Kingfisher to return in 2017??? ;)
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

So sorry to hear about this. Hope you beat it again.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Well we all do hope you get over the cancer and you return back to the forums. Best of luck with the treatment.

Hopefully who ever takes over the Kingfisher teams, does so in a way that when you do return you can retake them over again. Hopefully your two F1RWRS drivers can make you proud and get a pole or a podium or two.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Get well soon, AdrianSutil
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

*Post edited. It contained a lot of info which might be upsetting.*
Last edited by AdrianSutil on 17 Aug 2013, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Best of luck with everything
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Oh my god, that is truly awful to hear man :(

From what my great-uncle said, the guys and girls at Macmillan at brilliant, so you'll be in good hands there :) Hope you beat it again, I'll be thinking about you :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I'm sorry to hear that man. Good luck with the treatment.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

That's just terrible. :( Best of luck with the treatment, and hopefully you'll be back soon as. It won't be quite the same without you.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.