The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
The Dutch Bear

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by The Dutch Bear »

Hound55 wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:

Now nothing will ever seem exciting again :(

Oh. My. God. :shock:

Wow, that must be the closest finish in Indy history, maybe even in racing history. :shock: :shock: :D
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

The Dutch Bear wrote: maybe even in racing history. :shock: :shock: :D

I think Monza '71 was closer.
-*:-
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Wow, what a finish for the Freedom 100 in IMS for the Indylights! 3-wide on the last two corners, and then, from fourth, Peter Dempsey stole the show by inches!! Let's hope that the 500 has this kind of racing prowess.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:

No. Monza was won by 0.01 seconds, with the top-four seperated by 0.18 seconds. The Freedom 100 was won by 0.0026 seconds, with the top-four seperated by 0.0443 seconds. This won, hands down.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
nome66

Post by nome66 »

math. math wins
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

nome66 wrote:Maths. Maths wins.

Yes. Yes, it does.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

dr-baker wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:

No. Monza was won by 0.01 seconds, with the top-four seperated by 0.18 seconds. The Freedom 100 was won by 0.0026 seconds, with the top-four seperated by 0.0443 seconds. This won, hands down.

I think I have found one that might keep this one from closest. The 2003 Carolina Dodge Dealers 400 had a margin of 0.002 seconds. Given how NASCAR timing and scoring works, that means it was between 0.00151 and 0.00250 seconds.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:I think Monza '71 was closer.

I think I have found one that might keep this one from closest. The 2003 Carolina Dodge Dealers 400 had a margin of 0.002 seconds. Given how NASCAR timing and scoring works, that means it was between 0.00151 and 0.00250 seconds.

The 2011 Aaron's 499 had a similar margin of victory. It was also 4-wide at the line, with 5th-8th also 4-wide.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Indy 500 2013

Pippa Mann running second during the first round of pit stops behind James Jakes, and with Simona third, it's a female 2-3 (albeit with them yet to stop)!
MCard LOLA
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

And Ed Carpenter almost bins in Yellow flag.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
tkcom

Post by tkcom »

Taku out.

That's it. I'm going to bed.

Edit: Dammit!
Last edited by tkcom on 26 May 2013, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
girry

Post by girry »

False alarm! Taku still in.
when you're dead people start listening
nome66

Post by nome66 »

TAKUS NOT OUT. he spun it, but he did not hit anything and he has it refired. he shall continue onward!

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Not a good day for the English ladies. Pippa's out (shame she didn't quite get to lead a lap :( ) and Katherine Legge is currently 5 laps down, having been 6 or 7 down at one point. And Simona and Ana Beatriz are currently the last two on the lead lap - lap 71.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sorry for double post, but has the Indy 500 hit the record for most lead changes in one race yet?

EDIT: Record for most lead changes in one Indy 500 has well and truly been broken! And a quarter of the race still to go...
MCard LOLA
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Go Tony!!!1 You can do it!!!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

TOOOOOOOONYY WILL WINSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
macherone

Post by macherone »

Tony Kanaan, amazing.

Muñoz almost as amazing: what a restart! Maybe he could won if Dario didn't crash.
The child has grown, the dream is gone
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

TONYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable finish to the race. He'll be finally be able to retire in peace. :)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I would give ROTR for Ganassi. For a team that has won often it was a big disappointment that no one of them was a real contender at any time.

Honorary mentions to Sebastien Bourdais and AJ Allmendinger's seatbelts.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I give my ROTR to Sebastien Bourdais. Crashing in the pits its pretty reject :lol:
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Dj_bereta wrote:I give my ROTR to Sebastien Bourdais. Crashing in the pits its pretty reject :lol:

I give it to Sebastien Bourdais, myself. He drove like he was dazed.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

ROTR has to be Dario Franchitti. Nowhere in the last 150 laps, and ruined what could've been an awesome finish by crashing.
Everything's great.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

I forget to say but, believe or not, Brazilian TV coverage cuts Tony celebration because they are late to transmits one match of "campeonato brasileiro" (the main championship of Brazilian soccer), that aren't too important (first round of 38...) and the same match that was transmitted in another channel, in the same time.

At least there's youtube for save me.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

wikipedia wrote:The average speed of the race - 187.433 mph (301.644 km/h) - was the fastest Indianapolis 500, breaking the record set in 1990 by Arie Luyendyk.

with wikipedia and the broadcast team stating this, it has to be true. HOORAY FOR TONY GEORGE AND INDYCZAR FINALLY BEATING CART AT SOMETHING

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

nome66 wrote:
wikipedia wrote:The average speed of the race - 187.433 mph (301.644 km/h) - was the fastest Indianapolis 500, breaking the record set in 1990 by Arie Luyendyk.

with wikipedia and the broadcast team stating this, it has to be true. HOORAY FOR TONY GEORGE AND INDYCZAR FINALLY BEATING CART AT SOMETHING

Thought it was 200 something by Luyendyk?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

nome66 wrote:

Though it took a CART driver to do it. :P

JeremyMcClean wrote:
nome66 wrote:

Lap record, yes. Race record, no.
Everything's great.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I've been away for a few days, and I just watched the race on tape. Fantastic race! When Franchitti crashed, making me give him ROTR, I was surprisingly emotional, given that I can be like a certain Räikkönen!

Muñoz was incredible. Second for a rookie is one of the better rookie runs at Indy in a while, (except Hildebrand).

I was going for Carpenter, but he was anonymous forwards the end.

Overall, I enjoyed the Indy race and the number of lead changes was astounding! This will keep me watching the race, even if it is an oval!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

TK finally wins at Indy? I'm down with that :D

Certainly makes up for 2007 which, by all rights, he should have taken comfortably.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:I give my ROTR to Sebastien Bourdais. Crashing in the pits its pretty reject :lol:

Bourdais actually ran a pretty good race until he crashed out like a dumbass. That was really, REALLY painful to watch for me, so I'd give it to him too, but...

I'd like to mention that by lap 20 or so, Katherine Legge had moved from 33rd to 24th and got no mention at all. It's a shame she threw it away by hitting the wall, but at least, unlike both of the Dragon Racing drivers, Legge's error didn't throw the entire race away.

Saavedra made a really boneheaded late pass on ... I think Pippa Mann, but it might have been Bourdais, and put himself in the wall, again proving that he has no business in IndyCar... he's like what Romain Grosjean would be if he wasn't fast.

Which means, in the battle between Katherine Legge and Dragon Racing at the Indy 500, the winner is Katherine Legge, because she made the finish. If she didn't hit the wall, I don't doubt that Legge might have wound up 10th-20th.

Bet Jay Penske regrets sacking her now, doesn't he? :twisted:
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
nome66 wrote:

The 200 somethings of Luyendyk that still stand are qualifying and fastest practice lap at Indianapolis. These cars are not capable of matching Luyendyk's times in 1996.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

IndyCar said that they're aiming to beat Luyendyk's lap records in the future.

:D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
deCrasheris

Post by deCrasheris »

Cynon wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:

Bourdais actually ran a pretty good race until he crashed out like a dumbass. That was really, REALLY painful to watch for me, so I'd give it to him too, but...

I'd like to mention that by lap 20 or so, Katherine Legge had moved from 33rd to 24th and got no mention at all. It's a shame she threw it away by hitting the wall, but at least, unlike both of the Dragon Racing drivers, Legge's error didn't throw the entire race away.

Saavedra made a really boneheaded late pass on ... I think Pippa Mann, but it might have been Bourdais, and put himself in the wall, again proving that he has no business in IndyCar... he's like what Romain Grosjean would be if he wasn't fast.

Which means, in the battle between Katherine Legge and Dragon Racing at the Indy 500, the winner is Katherine Legge, because she made the finish. If she didn't hit the wall, I don't doubt that Legge might have wound up 10th-20th.

Bet Jay Penske regrets sacking her now, doesn't he? :twisted:

That was Pippa who Saavedra tried that move on and had the inevitable consequence of putting himself in the wall.
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978-2011
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Awesome race, seemed noone wanted to lead for the first 170 laps... Good job TK!

I'd give ROTR to Bordais because that's not a mistake I'd expect from him and it was very lolworthy.

Saavedra's crash was more rejectful but he seem's to crash that often that so I don't consider him a ROTR when he puts it in the wall. Speaking of which,to me Saavedra seems to be currently the most rejectful driver in a top tier racing series...
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

johnnyCarwash wrote:Awesome race, seemed noone wanted to lead for the first 170 laps... Good job TK!

I'd give ROTR to Bordais because that's not a mistake I'd expect from him and it was very lolworthy.

Saavedra's crash was more rejectful but he seem's to crash that often that so I don't consider him a ROTR when he puts it in the wall. Speaking of which,to me Saavedra seems to be currently the most rejectful driver in a top tier racing series...

Now that I think of it, Bourdais's crash was rejectful. But I nominated Franchitti for crashing in a way that affected the outcome of the race, which means crashing with three to go.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Dario tasting the concrete and Kanaan winning? This pleases me. :D
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

go_Rubens wrote:
johnnyCarwash wrote:Awesome race, seemed noone wanted to lead for the first 170 laps... Good job TK!

Now that I think of it, Bourdais's crash was rejectful. But I nominated Franchitti for crashing in a way that affected the outcome of the race, which means crashing with three to go.

Not only that, but Franchitti was completely anonymous all day long. He was never a factor for the win - a thoroughly embarrassing effort for someone with 3 Indy 500 wins under his belt.
Everything's great.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Cynon wrote:IndyCar said that they're aiming to beat Luyendyk's lap records in the future.

:D

You and I both know they are full of shite.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
nome66

Post by nome66 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

Not only that, but Franchitti was completely anonymous all day long. He was never a factor for the win - a thoroughly embarrassing effort for someone with 3 Indy 500 wins under his belt.

he was a factor, and then the green flag dropped

andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

ROTR:Dario Franchitti-ruined another exciting finish by bringing out the yellow flag.