Stefan GP progress

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
BigG80

Re: Stefan GP progress

Post by BigG80 »

Captain Hammer wrote:Reports are beginning to emerge suggesting that Campos owes so much to Dallara that Dallara have put the intelectual property rights on the car up for sale and Stefan have purcased them - it doesn't guarantee them a place on the grid, but it would mean Campos is dead.

However, I'm not going to go beleiving these reports just yet.

Stefanovich has also been spotted* hanging around the back of the garages in Valencia with bags of money attempting to buy a few more team's cars.

Formula One is dead.

Long live Formula Stefan!

*In my head.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

This is silly. Stefan has support from Toyota, which, for a new team, is fantastic. They shouldn't be interested in the Dallara designs for Campos. Perhaps Epsilon Euskadi maybe though...
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Phoenix wrote:This is silly. Stefan has support from Toyota, which, for a new team, is fantastic. They shouldn't be interested in the Dallara designs for Campos. Perhaps Epsilon Euskadi maybe though...

They could be doing it to force Campos to give up early. This would give Stefan GP more preparation time and possibly a second driver in Senna. Besides there are bound to be a few features of the Dallara chassis that are better than the Toyota one.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Tealy said it, if Stefan buy the rights to the Campos chassis, then Campos no longer have a car at all. Thus, it becomes impossible for them to be on the grid. It's not a matter of Stefan just buying up chassis, it's a calculated move to remove your biggest obstacle to putting YOUR car on the grid. SGP is banking on the fact that Campos, most likely, won't announce they're failure to make Bahrain until literally the day before first practice. They will then say, "Oh look, you have a gird opening, and we have our cars here. Why don't you let us race?"
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Bernie is giving the team more support, and thinks Ralf could be a good choice for a driver!

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/8107.html
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Ed24 wrote:Bernie is giving the team more support, and thinks Ralf could be a good choice for a driver!

No! Not Ralf! :evil:
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

The more I read about this the more I think it might be a front for an Ecclestone GP team, or at least one funded by him. Without a backer of his stature this whole venture just doesn't stack, but when you see who is involved - Coughlan, Ryan, Kolles etc it seems there's some clout somewhere...
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Henrique wrote:
Ed24 wrote:Bernie is giving the team more support, and thinks Ralf could be a good choice for a driver!

No! Not Ralf! :evil:

Yes! Of Course Ralf! :twisted:
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

rumours about a certain canadian driver.... :shock:

...and no, it's not Allen Berg....
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Bruno Spengler!!!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

WeirdKerr wrote:Bruno Spengler!!!

Nah, it's gotta be Paul Tracy.

Anyway, this is all brilliant news for Stefan, they're removing one of their main rivals from the grid if they've nabbed the Dallara rights, and also secured themselves a future beyond 2010 (I'd gather they're own in-house chassis designers are a little short on experience!). Regarding Campos, I think Bernie is waiting for them to make the first move. Basically, if they announce the day before Bahrain that they can't make it, then Bernie can sue their asses off, and claim that they've disgraced the sport, even if all along he knows they can't make it and could do something about it himself.

One question though, where the hell if Stefan getting all this money from?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

LucaPacchiarini wrote:rumours about a certain canadian driver.... :shock:

Paul Tracy finally making his GP debut?

E: Why didn't the forum software warn me about another poster before me? Watka had the same joke I've got. :?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Where is he getting his money from?

Given Qadbak and Genii Capital's recent involvements, perhaps the question should be- does he have any real money?

Another question- why was USF1's grid slot approved above Stefan GP's anyway?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Andrew Ranger?
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

I don't think this team is an Ecclestone front. Bernie simply sees some sort of financial sense in backing Stefan GP over Campos. Still, it is a mark of approval for Stefan GP so it must be doing something right...

(Incidentally, I love the sense of humour this team has. Anyone who dares put "Phil, pick up your coat" at the end of a press release where Phil was complimented is clearly not going to be a PR drone, which is good news for F1).
karsten

Post by karsten »

please not the dull ROFTL schumacher on the AWESOME stefanGP! they deserve at least a senna along with nakajima!
Missing the good old Minardi! T_T
madcat

Post by madcat »

Will the drivers be expected to wear a black v-neck jumper over the overalls ("a la" Stefan)? It could be his trademark...
As i looked at my naked body in the mirror, i thought to myself,
"I'm going to get thrown out of Ikea any minute.".
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

I love the idea of a new F1 entrepeneur, desperate to get his team into F1 whatever it takes, banging his fist down on the table and shouting at Dave Brown and co. "Get me Ralf Schumacher! I don't care how much it costs!"
Last edited by Paul Hayes on 04 Feb 2010, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Paul Hayes wrote:I love the idea of a new F1 entrepeneur, desperate to get his team into F1 whatever it takes, banging his fist down on the table and shouting at Dave Brown and co. "Get me Ralf Scumacher! I don't care how much it costs!"

Sounds exactly like Toyota.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Paul Hayes wrote:I love the idea of a new F1 entrepeneur, desperate to get his team into F1 whatever it takes, banging his fist down on the table and shouting at Dave Brown and co. "Get me Ralf Scumacher! I don't care how much it costs!"

And I love the fact that the H was left out of SCUMacher's name... :oops:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
rffp

Post by rffp »

thehemogoblin wrote:

Andrew Ranger?

Robert Wickens?
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
danardif1

Post by danardif1 »

Jacques Villeneuve Sr. ?
KAMUI KOBAYASHI

After some more irreverant F1 debate? Join http://www.f1-nation.ning.com!
rffp

Post by rffp »

danardif1 wrote:Jacques Villeneuve Sr. ?

Even better: Maryeve Dufault! :D
Last edited by rffp on 04 Feb 2010, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

That Bernie is saying Ralf is a bad sign. Come on, Bernie, have some imagination! Surely having a Senna in the team would be better publicity than a boring driver who was never a patch on his brother.
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

James Hinchcliffe?
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Bryan Adams?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

LionZoo wrote:Bryan Adams?

Bryan Adams?!?!?! Next thing you know, someone will be suggesting Celine Dion! :shock:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

dr-baker wrote:Bryan Adams?!?!?! Next thing you know, someone will be suggesting Celine Dion! :shock:

It's not like Stefanovich's heart wouldn't go on, if it's the price of getting to the Bahrain grid.
rffp

Post by rffp »

Bad news for Stefan GP:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81275

Although seeing is believing and vice-versa.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

rffp wrote:Bad news for Stefan GP:

Personally, much as I like the idea of Stefan GP, I hope the two existing teams make it to the grid on time, partly because I can imagine the crushing disappointment for Lopez and/or Senna to have their dream snatched away, and partly because there'll be less risk of Ralf.
rffp

Post by rffp »

fjackdaw wrote:

Personally, much as I like the idea of Stefan GP, I hope the two existing teams make it to the grid on time, partly because I can imagine the crushing disappointment for Lopez and/or Senna to have their dream snatched away, and partly because there'll be less risk of Ralf.

Lopez was pulled out of the motor netherworld, so he won't lose much, but Senna would be a shame indeed.
The drivers considered for SGP are scary: Nakajima, Villeneuve, Ralf and Piquet Jr. God help us all!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

rffp wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:

Lopez was pulled out of the motor netherworld, so he won't lose much, but Senna would be a shame indeed.
The drivers considered for SGP are scary: Nakajima, Villeneuve, Ralf and Piquet Jr. God help us all!

Arguably, Lopez has the most to lose for the very fact that he was pulled from the netherworld - he'll likely never get an opportunity to be an obscure Formula 1 driver. Senna at least has the name and is well regarded. I like the idea of people like Ralph Firman or Gaston Mazzacane trudging about in a higher category than they seem to belong, it's a bit like finding Willy Wonka's golden ticket. (Has any F1 driver ever looked more like a mid-field BTCC driver than Ralph Firman?)

Wow, Stefan is planning to have an even blander line-up than Lotus!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just been reading about religion and superstition in Serbia on the BBC website and found it interesting although it didn't really have anything to do with Stefan GP directly. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8496801.stm?lsm)

The thing from it that I found most amusing:

Above all, though, beware of the draught. Ladies who expose their stomachs to cold air will end up with frozen ovaries and never be able to have children.

Sit next to an open window and you'll have an eternally stiff neck. Even at the height of summer, you see older Serbs frantically closing windows on public buses.

There is even a Serbian saying: many have died from draughts, but nobody has died from a bad smell.
MCard LOLA
razta

Post by razta »

Waris

Post by Waris »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm fairly sure Stefan GP will be on the grid eventually, if not this year, then in 2011 or beyond.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

dr-baker wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

And I love the fact that the H was left out of SCUMacher's name... :oops:

Not intentionally, I promise. I have now corrected my original post!

Bloody keyboard...
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

rffp wrote:
fjackdaw wrote:

I think I've suddenly lost all the desire I had to see Stefan on the grid...
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Phoenix wrote:Lopez was pulled out of the motor netherworld, so he won't lose much, but Senna would be a shame indeed.

I think I've suddenly lost all the desire I had to see Stefan on the grid...[/quote]

That's exactly how I felt when I read that list too! Zzzz...
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Ralf wasn't good enough 5 years ago, he's not going to be good enough now. Or exciting.

If Stefan GP get on the grid, I'd rather they picked some monied up no hoper, or a random rookie than Ralf
XurizManson

Post by XurizManson »

Ralf or whatever, i can´t wait to see their livery!