F1 Rejects Track Designing Competition

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
Normal32

Re: F1 Rejects Track Designing Competition

Post by Normal32 »

A expanded version of the Sitges-Terramar circuit:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7008366
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Rockingham oval turned into a literal street track.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Bleu wrote:
AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7008120

I think i got it right

It's about 1,5 km too short.

This one is the one, only just

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7008593
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

7. watka: Some nice cornes, but not too keen on some chicanes

6. This Could Be You: Like that fast section towards the hairpin but I don't like very much of the part used of actual circuit

5. Normal32: Very fast beginning, the city sections isn't my favourite though

4. Aislabie: Has the biggest percentage of existing track, which is basically good but wasn't really looking to that much of use.

3. dr-baker: Rockingham roval doesn't belong to my favourites but the road section is good.

2. AdrianBelmonte_: Layout-wise this seems good. However, it seems that the tight section is actually gravel roads!

1. UgncreativeUsergname: Nice use of city loop and surrounding roads which are partly very narrow.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

My "strategy" of making a track in ten minutes in an attempt to take the best roads has finally paid off! I did have another challenge waiting to come out, so here it is.

Anderstorp Sucks
It's the February of 2019. After mysteriously turning okay in 2016, Ericsson has become a boringly decent driver like Bottas, who after an embarrassing year at Mercedes went back to humming along at Williams. After his brilliant rookie campaign, Rosenqvist won the 2017-18 FE season, and he's got himself a drive with Force India, the only team available to an exciting rookie without sponsorship or connections. Ferrari still have the same lineup, happy to let the equally-matched Grosjean and Magnussen drag Haas up the grid until they absolutely have to pick someone new. Also, Kari suddenly got good and he's debuting with Toro Rosso this year.

This had all been sorted out by mid-late 2018, and demand for a Nordic, particularly Swedish, Grand Prix went into the mesosphere. But it's now recently been announced that 2020 will see those demands satisfied, with the return of F1 to Anderstorp! However, Anderstorp kind of sucks, so it'll be given the Mexico City treatment, and you're all doing relevant spec work.

*Use either the current home or pit straight as the new dual home/pit straight. You can lengthen it, but you have to use all of the original straight.
*Preserve at least four of the eight existing real corners as they are. Besides that, you can build whatever extensions you want and make the overall shape of the track completely different.
*I won't be too hard on this, but make sure the paddock could reasonably fit where you're putting it.
*You can't destroy any buildings unrelated to the track, but trees are inevitable, so they're okay.
*Maximum length is 7 km.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

EDIT: Due to misreading the rules, here's my second attempt (note that it is no longer on gmappedometer as it would not let me save any more) at this challenge, which is now 4.56KM long and uses 5 corners from the original track (out of thirteen overall) in a layout that probably sucks less than my first attempt, although the pit straight now has a slight kink in it so it fits properly without overlapping corners ( a bit like Oulton Park, only not as severe). I also now have elevation data, which is nice.
Last edited by This Could Be You on 20 Jan 2017, 23:20, edited 4 times in total.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Because why not try to make a new Suzuka?

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7010448
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

GMAP PEDOMETER LINK

General Info
This iteration of Anderstorp is designed around the philosophy of the back straight. In this form, it still keeps some of its fast/slow split, but with more emphasis on opening the track up to higher top speeds in areas of the track other than the end of the original back straight.

Retained corners
  • Opel - Turn 2 in the original configuration is now the opening turn here, with a re-profiled entry directly from the end of what used to be the back straight, with the corner run in reverse.
  • Hansen - Turn 3 in the original is now Turn 4 in the 2020 version.
  • Karusell - Turn 4 in the original is now Turn 5. On first entry it feels the same, but as the radius of the corner continues, it starts to bank to the right downhill, akin to the exit of Laguna Seca's Corkscrew. This allows the corner to continue and loop underneath the entry to the Karusell, utilising a tunnel, rising up again in the manner of Spa's Raidillon and spitting drivers out at what is currently the entry to Startkurvan.
  • Norra - Turn 7 in the original is now Turn 8, and run in the opposite direction. It has been re-profiled from a hard 70 degree turn into a softer left kink, seeing the drivers depart the old and enter the entirely new section of track.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AdrianBelmonte_

#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Ladies and gentlemen, an interactive track proposal for how Anderstorp Raceway will be redesigned for the upcoming 2020 Swedish Grand Prix:

Anderstorp Raceway 2020

Major notes:

- The direction of the track has been reversed to be counter-clockwise. This is primarily to fit the Karusell into the opening sequence of corners.

- Information icons will tell you the design behind their related turns when you click on them

- You can remove and add layers if you just want to see the circuit itself or get rid of the grandstands etc.

Thanks and enjoy.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7010821

Start/finish straight gets lengthened and first corner is made left-hander so it's safer regarding pit exit. After few corners long straight which has chicane before three unchanged corner. Left-hander is changed to multi-apex corner. Then one more unchanged corner and long right-hander is made even longer before final left-hander.
UncreativeUsername37

Some of you have not followed the rules, specifically the one about keeping corners. Also, I thought the F1 home straight still had the start/finish line, but racingcircuits.info and the satellite imagery are telling me I'm wrong, so I'm abandoning that and letting people start it wherever. (This'll lessen the work for the Flight Straight people in particular.) You still have to have used all of whatever straight you're putting on, though.

*This Could Be You, you've only kept two corners. The other two you think you've used you've only used part of, specifically Startkurvan and Karusell.
*Aislabie, you didn't use all of the Karusell.
*DemocalypseNow, as you say yourself, you haven't actually conserved some of the corners you've conserved. The other two are fine, but Opel and Norra have not been followed.
*dr-baker, you're fine, I just want to know where the start line is.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
This Could Be You

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:*This Could Be You, you've only kept two corners. The other two you think you've used you've only used part of, specifically Startkurvan and Karusell.

I have now revised my entry above, using five corners (4.5 if you're being picky) from the original track and a slightly less rubbish layout
Your Signature Here

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Let's try this again....

Laktar and Opel have now gone back to normal. To try and make the pit exit a little less dangerous I did an Abu-Dhabi and switched back under the track.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:*dr-baker, you're fine, I just want to know where the start line is.

My start/finish line is where the satellite image shows it to be (along the straight that isn't an airport runway).
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

Some entries were clearly better than others, but I didn't really dislike any of them. Second and third in particular were hard to separate, but the contest in general was closer than usual. Some of the explanations will be more negative than my actual opinion, but negative comments are the useful kind.

8. AdrianBelmonte_
You're just asking for start crashes with that first corner. As for the part you mostly kept, I'm not sure what you're trying to do with Läktar because the line looks so awkward, and you kept both Startkurvan and Opel in their normal form, which is a bit boring.

The part after that I like, even if it does kind of do the same corner twice again. The shape of the twice bent "straight" gives it character, and I'm usually not into that sort of thing so that's well done. The long right-hander and Depåkurvan make a really good bit together as well. If only the rest wasn't so dull.

7. dr-baker
The complex splitting the Flight Straight looks awkward, mostly because of the latter part. Plus you're splitting the Flight Straight. No one likes the chicanes in the Mistral, you know? I know the laptime can't be too short, but it would've been much better served with a full-blown extension instead of a squiggly bit. You should've taken the attitude of that other French track Dijon.

I like what you turned Startkurvan into, and the following corner is nice enough. So is the rest of the track, although it has a "national" feel, not like a place where Grands Prix are held. That describes the new feel of the track in general, really....

6. Aislabie
I like the first bit, although it looks prone to start incidents, and it's a bit too reminiscent of Shanghai for something going on the same calendar. The esses are okay but nothing special; the layout looks like a street track, and I think it'd be great if that's what it actually was.

The chicane in the north shouldn't really be there, it isn't anything special on its own and the track would flow much better without it. The exaggerated Fagnes thing you did with Startkurvan looks cool, and I like Karusell having a proper run-up. Overall, the whole track mostly needs to flow better.

5. This Could Be You
I like how the first four corners don't leave much room for error, but the non-straight straights will deprive the race of some racing. Turns 6 and 7 are good, and coming into Opel at a slower speed should make it more exciting. But from Opel to Karusell, all the corners are sort of the same 180+-degree thing, so you haven't fixed the main reason Anderstorp Sucks.

4. Bleu
Not much is changed, so there isn't much to say. The part at the start is good, although the chicane looks more like something on a training course than something enjoyable to race on. The chicane on the Flight Straight seems like it's there just to show off it can be, and it reduces the epicness of the whole thing.

Opel is a bit different, so that's better, but it's still a lot like Startkurvan, you didn't go far enough. I like Karusell suddenly tightening at the end and what you put after. Could see some different lines, plus it's an overtaking opportunity in the same way as the end of Paul Ricard.

There isn't anything majorly wrong with the track, but not anything majorly right either. You needed to be a bit more creative like you were with the beginning section.

3. watka
I like how going into the first corners of the race, one side of the track doesn't really look better. The northern part of the track does a good job of feeling natural, although it doesn't flow that well. The corners need to have a larger radius, and the chicane at the end doesn't fit the mood. I like having a good straight before Karusell and braking downhill into it, that looks seriously fun. And because you cut out the other corners that are so similar to it, Södra looks much more fun. Again, the biggest complaint is that I like the general shape of the northern part, it just needs to be faster. But overall the track is very good.

2. DemocalypseNow
I don't see turns 4 and 5 as being as fast as you imagine. Turn 6 looks modern and, well, 2020. It reminds me a bit of turn 2 at the new Hockenheim, and yes, that's supposed to be a compliment.

Turn 7 looks fun. You already realised my comments about it. Making an S-bend to Opel and then going back looks weird and unnatural, like you were forced to put it in by a mandate. Not that you were, of course. A long braking zone into Opel looks good, though. And coming to the end, as gimmicky as they are, I really like the final two corners.

So turns 3–5 are either slower than intended or drawn really poorly, and the section with Opel feels strange and unnatural and could deny some decent overtaking that should be happening. That's about it. And bonus points for the slick presentation.

1. WaffleCat
All of the corners come together well to make one memorable circuit rather than a lot of individual things linked together. Not that this isn't true of some of the others, but here they really seem to work together.

I agree that using Karusell's complex for the start looks interesting. And the first hairpin is 1) not just a generic hairpin, 2) makes for some overtaking, and 3) doesn't feel artificial whilst doing so.

Flight doesn't try to be spectacular, but it works well flow-wise. The chicane looks epic, and the corner afterwards is a good follow-up to it; it would've been easy to just stop everything and ruin the flow, but you didn't. Ove is another corner like the chicane that basically mandates taking a risk, and again it leads into another good corner. Utför reminds me of that thing at Buddh but more "classic", like it somehow feels it has history before anything's even happened on it.

Nya Södra is good. There are multiple approaches to the line into it, and it's simple but not generic. So overall, then, I'm as in love with this track as you seem to be with your fancy presentation. Which was good, by the way, you get figurative bonus points too.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Errr...wow. Thanks for the critique, UgncreativeUsergname. And now for my challenge:

Singapore Wants More

Backstory
The Singapore Grand Prix may be slowing down in interest, but Singaporean motorsport fans have a general consesus: We want more than F1. Odd, right? More than Formula 1, the biggest show on earth?

To be precise, they want an actual racetrack. One to host not only major series like MotoGP, WTCC and so on, but also a circuit for aspiring racers without sufficent funds to get a racing fix without having to migrate overseas. And they're also mad that there are plentifu, underused golf courses around, taking up valuable land for a race track.

As such, the Singapore Government has allowed for the development of a racetrack in Singapore, hoping that it won't bomb like the Changi Motorsports Hub project of way back when.

Of course, there are a few guidelines:

--Track has to be in Singapore. Duh.
-- No tracks on any public streets or parks whatsoever. And the army also want their space to play, so no tracks on Pulau Tekong or west of Lim Chu Kang Road/Jalan Bahar. Also no knockdown of any buildings.
-- Enough space for a paddock, pitlane and grandstand.
-- One layout above 3.5 km to host major racing series. Additional brownie points (though not compulsory at all) for a shorter variation for club series. That's all up to you though.
-- That "no building on roads/buildings" rule? There will obviously be the one exception: you CAN build over only ONE golf course. Again, up to your discretion, but go ahead. Just don't build over two, otherwise I'll ask you to change it.

Apart from that, go ahead and design away!
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

[LINK]

I would explain further, but I need to sleep.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Aislabie wrote:Image
[LINK]

Sorry Aisable, but look at one of my rules as stated above.

And while I'm at it, if you need clarification, unnamed dirt tracks can also be built over as well.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

WaffleCat wrote:Errr...wow. Thanks for the critique, UgncreativeUsergname. And now for my challenge:

Singapore Wants More

Backstory
The Singapore Grand Prix may be slowing down in interest, but Singaporean motorsport fans have a general consesus: We want more than F1. Odd, right? More than Formula 1, the biggest show on earth?

To be precise, they want an actual racetrack. One to host not only major series like MotoGP, WTCC and so on, but also a circuit for aspiring racers without sufficent funds to get a racing fix without having to migrate overseas. And they're also mad that there are plentifu, underused golf courses around, taking up valuable land for a race track.

As such, the Singapore Government has allowed for the development of a racetrack in Singapore, hoping that it won't bomb like the Changi Motorsports Hub project of way back when.

-- No tracks on any public streets or parks whatsoever. And the army also want their space to play, so no tracks on Pulau Tekong or west of Lim Chu Kang Road/Jalan Bahar. Also no knockdown of any buildings.
-- One layout above 3.5 km to host major racing series. Additional brownie points (though not compulsory at all) for a shorter variation for club series. That's all up to you though.
-- That "no building on roads/buildings" rule? There will obviously be the one exception: you CAN build over only ONE golf course. Again, up to your discretion, but go ahead. Just don't build over two, otherwise I'll ask you to change it.

Can Serangoon Island be used? And if so, could bridges be built to use some of the land nearby as well? (Sorry, I don't know my Singaporean geography well, or where the public parks are, purely from Gmaps...)
MCard LOLA
This Could Be You

Here is my attempt, the 3.84KM Circuit Changi, which is is a very fiddly Tilke-esque circuit, (it has 24 turns) with good transport links (it's literally right next to an airport) but a very strangely placed main straight. There is a shorter, 13-corner "National loop" which cuts off the lower part of the circuit; the adjoining track is in yellow:
I realise it looks as if the track uses Farnborough Road, but it doesn't; that's just my slightly sketchy drawing and an imprecise cursor selection (it should run just below it)
Last edited by This Could Be You on 25 Jan 2017, 23:01, edited 2 times in total.
Your Signature Here

Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

WaffleCat wrote:
Aislabie wrote:Image
[LINK]

Sorry Aisable, but look at one of my rules as stated above.

And while I'm at it, if you need clarification, unnamed dirt tracks can also be built over as well.

:shock:

I know I'll be disqualified, but could you perhaps include my submission just to let me know what kind of position I'll get disqualified from?
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

dr-baker wrote:
WaffleCat wrote:Errr...wow. Thanks for the critique, UgncreativeUsergname. And now for my challenge:

Singapore Wants More

Backstory

Can Serangoon Island be used? And if so, could bridges be built to use some of the land nearby as well? (Sorry, I don't know my Singaporean geography well, or where the public parks are, purely from Gmaps...)

Go ahead with Serangoon Island, then. And I don't mind bridges and everything. Ain't no rule saying you can't do that...

TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Might as well bother with my first entry of the season now.

http://www.mappedometer.com/?maproute=582278
The 6.226km Thompson Road Motorsports Park is a relatively fast circuit nestled between the Upper Seletar and the Upper Peirce reservoirs. It is designed to host all forms of motor racing, ranging from endurance, touring car and motorcycle racing to your regular track day events. Along with the main layout, the circuit also offers the Club Circuit (used for smaller cars and superkarts), Paddock Circuit (primarily used for national events), and the Touring Circuit (used for some national and international events where the main layout would be considered too long).

Just a quick personal note, the twisty part of the circuit between the 3km & 4km markers is part of the Club Circuit only.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
UncreativeUsername37

Stupid things I left out in the image:
Pink: Full Course ("4.55 km" refers to this layout, despite the colour)
Green: Eastern Course
Yellow: Western Course

Edit, added the start/finish lines and direction of travel in the actual image
Last edited by UncreativeUsername37 on 26 Jan 2017, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
AdrianBelmonte_

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7013793

Here's my try on Bedok District
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

The pitlane (in yellow), is also supposed to be under the ground.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7014249

There would be a club circuit variation of this track, where the track is completely contained on the island itself (not going over the bridges, obvs.), with a Becketts/Maggots-style S-bends connecting the sections between the bridges (from approx. 1.8 km to approx. 3.5 km). Paddock and pits etc. on on the island. It is all meant to be reminiscent of Montreal's Ile de Notre Dame's Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
MCard LOLA
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Singapore Wants More -- RESULTS

DQ. Aisable

Shame it's DQ'ed, because it is a really, really good circuit. I could just see myself loving turns 6 to 9, especially that triple apex turn 7 giving me tingling memories of Tokyo on MotoGP '07. My only complaint would be turns 2 to 4, being a little too stop start for my liking, but this would have easily been in my top 3. The fact that Pulau Tekong is permanently Army land is the only thing DQ'ing it. The other reason, apart from the SAF, that Tekong and that Lim Chu Kang area aren't allowed is that there's way, way, wayyyy too much green space, forcing circuits to be contrived with the somewhat limited land Singapore has on disposal.

6. Normal32

No. The only real positive about this is that yours is the only circuit to feature an oval. The main problem is that the main, full circuit doesn't deviate much from either of them. Too fast, a random as hell hairpin in the middle of it (in what looks like an insane five-way junction) and barely any turns in it. In a video game, I'd admire the novelty of such a circuit, but it's a bit…odd for the real world. Also, that helicopter-pad looking thing near the junction is actually a military aerial, which means while I should DQ you, I'll give you a pass as probably everyone in Singapore doesn't know it exists and is hard to recognise from the air above.

5. This Could Be You

A track that I like for your sheer ability to cram everything within Changi Golf Course, but not much else. There are some amazing bits to this track, I can just imagine being balls to the wall terrified from the run from turn 4 all the way to turn 10, and even the turn off to the National Loop looks brilliant. My main problem is that most fast runs end in either sharp, 90-degree turns or hairpins that you can't really overtake on thanks to preceding corners. Also, as a side note, Circuit Changi does not have good transport links. Ask anyone in Singapore if they'd want to head over to nearby Changi Village and they'd have to make plans weeks in advance, it's that remote (Singapore-wise).

4. dr_baker

Yet again, I want to like this circuit, but I just can't. Using Serangoon Island was an ingenious idea, especially with the overwater bridges, but the execution looks rather…plain? I can imagine those lovely, gorgeous, fast sweeps over the water and moves going into the tight chicane around the 4 km mark. But I can also imagine too many long, boring straights for drivers to read books on, the first turn looks too odd for overtakes, let alone a whole pack of cars piling into that one section of track. And the final sequence of turns are, and I apologise for the next sequence of words, painful to even look at.

3. UgncreativeUsergname

To choose between 3rd and second was really, really difficult. If I wanted to, I would make them equal second. But this circuit I only like slightly less than 2nd place, so it's down here. This gets some bonus points for not only razing the annoying Tanah Merah Country Club (though if you razed NSRCC I'd skin you alive), but for the Western Circuit bearing a minor resemblance to Karjala (my favourite fictional circuit in a game barring Sunset Peninula from Forza and the aforementioned Tokyo street circuit from MotoGP'07). But despite the Karjala boner, and despite being a clean, well thought out design with amazing turns - Turn 1 in particular, it only ranks a very close third.

2. AdrianBelmonte_

How coincidental that I live only a 5 minute walk away from where this track is. And it also took me five minutes to figure out if I liked this circuit or not. Mainly because you chose to mash every style of hairpin possible into this track. There's a double-apex hairpin, a wide hairpin, a sharp hairpin and a Shanghai-style chicane-hairpin combo. And that's all there is in turn 8 to 12. And….I love it. It's normally a cardinal sin to put hairpin after hairpin together (see Indy or Istanbul), but you gave those hairpins just enough space for exciting switchback battles, not to mention the sheer variety in hairpins to boot. Other parts of the track also fit perfectly where they are, meaning to say the first turn and the last, and that turn 6/7 looks amazingly deceptive to drive on. But it was those four hairpins, from turn 8 to 12, that sealed the deal for me.

1. TheFlyingCaterham

This track, as a standalone, would've been a tough, tight pick for number 2, mostly thanks to the placement of where each turn is. Each turn might not be spectacular at all, but where each turn is on the track, in whatever sequence they come in, makes the track look stunning. What makes this circuit stand out, though, are all of the alternate layouts. I can seriously imagine all of the other circuits being used, and everyone loving and having fun on each and every single layout. Superkarts winding through the twists of the Club circuit duking for position the day before a motor racing school takes over the layout. Track days telling people to be careful in the dangerous esses in the middle of the Paddock Circuit to brake on time for the northern hairpin and have fun. I can see touring cars attempting and struggling to find the right line through the tight chicane on the Touring Circuit as they seek for the fastest run down into the same northern hairpin. And finally, I can see endurance cars plowing on long into the night on the Full Circuit. My aim at the end was probably a circuit for everyone in Singapore's motorsport scene, be it casual or competitive, and your track fit the bill absolutely perfectly.

UncreativeUsername37

You know, there's still supposed to be another day for entries to come in....
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:You know, there's still supposed to be another day for entries to come in....

Sorry about that, didn't realise there was a certain day for submission deadlines.

Though with the said deadline, I don't think I'd be able to judge tracks thanks to my schedule, so pardon me.

UncreativeUsername37

WaffleCat wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:You know, there's still supposed to be another day for entries to come in....

Sorry about that, didn't realise there was a certain day for submission deadlines.

Though with the said deadline, I don't think I'd be able to judge tracks thanks to my schedule, so pardon me.

It's once two days have gone by without a new entry. Although if you really won't be around for a week or something, it would probably be better to close it up anyway.
UncreativeUsername37

Well, it's been two days, so for the sake of order, those rankings are now retroactively okay. TheFlyingCaterham, feel free to set the next challenge.
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

So I've had some fun designing some rally stages on mappedometer, but since that has already been a challenge, I'll go for the next best thing, design a super special stage (if for some reason you're not sure what counts as a super special stage the all knowing oracle explains it well). The total length of the course should be between 2-4km, and each half of the course should be roughly the same length. Any crossover point will be counted as a bridge, and if a route is made that doesn't follow a route visible on google maps I will just assume what surface the track is unless stated otherwise. Possible bonus point if you can find a place where you don't need to create any custom sections of track for your design (unless it is a pre-existing SSS course). Other than that, anything goes.

I feel like I could've explained that a lot better but meh
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:So I've had some fun designing some rally stages on mappedometer, but since that has already been a challenge, I'll go for the next best thing, design a super special stage (if for some reason you're not sure what counts as a super special stage the all knowing oracle explains it well). The total length of the course should be between 2-4km, and each half of the course should be roughly the same length. Any crossover point will be counted as a bridge, and if a route is made that doesn't follow a route visible on google maps I will just assume what surface the track is unless stated otherwise. Possible bonus point if you can find a place where you don't need to create any custom sections of track for your design (unless it is a pre-existing SSS course). Other than that, anything goes.

I feel like I could've explained that a lot better but meh

So a Race of Champions track, basically?