Only in a game.....

Archive for the three above subforums
Shizuka

Re: Only in a game.....

Post by Shizuka »

I flew into the air in EA's F1 2000 in Monaco.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This isn't really an F1 game, but this morning, by brother started a Forza 4 career and started off with a Citroën C1. He took the Citroën, painted it in a ghastly shade of metallic purple, and promptly spent all the money he earned on making the car as quick as he could. He eventually got the car up to an S rating, making it pretty much undriveable on a road course for some time, since he started with engine upgrades, making the car way too powerful for its skinny tyres.

Conclusion: only in a game can a Citroën C1 go at 289 km/h.

He also did the same to a Citroën DS3 (free upgrades for brand loyalty, y'see), and got it up to 300 km/h.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Pfft. I got a 106 S16 (Basically the GTI) in Gran Turismo 4 tuned to 224mph
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Oh GPM2, its glitches are so lovable.

Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

shinji wrote:Oh GPM2, its glitches are so lovable.

It's 2005 USGP all over again. :?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
shinji wrote:Oh GPM2, its glitches are so lovable.

It's 2005 USGP all over again. :?

Except this time, the Jordan beat the Ferrari :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I clearly wasn't driving as Arnoux.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

redbulljack14 wrote:Image

And all I've got to say to that is bullsh*t
Trulli bad puns...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:Image

And all I've got to say to that is bullsh*t

shite, deleted the wrong photo off my Imageshack. Anyone who didn't see, Arnoux won a 20% race at Jacarepagua in 1989. I was Jonathan Palmer.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

FMecha wrote:I got the GPM2 2010 edition and got this... :shock:

HULKENBERG WINS! WILLIAMS WINS AGAIN FOR FIRST TIME SINCE 2004! (sorry, can't resist)

By the way, I controlled Williams. ;)

And then, what happened around two year later (as of mod setting)/around a year later (as of original posting date) in reality? Williams wins again since 2004, courtesy of Maldonado! Incidental! :lol: (Grammar fixed from original)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Apologies for the mortal sin of filming the TV. This happens when you set up your car just right and speed down towards Ascari.

Also this works quite well.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Only in a game driver A, who's fighting with driver B for the championship; moves from Team 1 to Team 2 with 4 races to go. Only for driver B to move to Team 1 to replace driver A; and in their first race in their new teams, Driver A goes off the track and at the same moment he's collected by driver C, who drove for Team 2 in the feeder category before being fired, and is now driving for Team 3, as a substitute to Driver B!!!!
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Aerond wrote:Only in a game driver A, who's fighting with driver B for the championship; moves from Team 1 to Team 2 with 4 races to go. Only for driver B to move to Team 1 to replace driver A; and in their first race in their new teams, Driver A goes off the track and at the same moment he's collected by driver C, who drove for Team 2 in the feeder category before being fired, and is now driving for Team 3, as a substitute to Driver B!!!!

Why does this sound familiar to me? :lol:
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Captain Hammer wrote:I was playing F1 05 - bought it second-hand yesterday to keep me entertained these holidays, it's very challenging - and while doing a race at Sepang, Takuma Sato won, Christian Albers was second and Ralf Schumacher was third.

I also learned that Formula One drivers do not accelerate from the Mercedes Arena to the next left-hander at the Nurburgring. Both the AI and the driving aids see that you basically coast along for some strange reason. Turn the driving aids off, and you can pick up three seconds per lap.

Sato back in '05 was actually a podium finisher so that isn't too unrealistic. It's Albers in second where it goes wrong.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:I was playing F1 05 - bought it second-hand yesterday to keep me entertained these holidays, it's very challenging - and while doing a race at Sepang, Takuma Sato won, Christian Albers was second and Ralf Schumacher was third.

I also learned that Formula One drivers do not accelerate from the Mercedes Arena to the next left-hander at the Nurburgring. Both the AI and the driving aids see that you basically coast along for some strange reason. Turn the driving aids off, and you can pick up three seconds per lap.

Sato back in '05 was actually a podium finisher so that isn't too unrealistic. It's Albers in second where it goes wrong.

You surely mean 2004, when he was 3rd at Indy. In fact, in 2005 he only scored one point, which put him behind such luminaries as Christijan Albers, Patrick Friesacher, Narain Karthikeyan and Tiago Monteiro.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Phoenix wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:

You surely mean 2004, when he was 3rd at Indy. In fact, in 2005 he only scored one point, which put him behind such luminaries as Christijan Albers, Patrick Friesacher, Narain Karthikeyan and Tiago Monteiro.

Primarily because he developed a knack of crashing into pretty much anything that moved. Again. :roll: :lol:

On the Bahrain circuit in F1 06, the AI teams coast around turns 9 and 10, whereas I can go around that section pretty much flat out, breaking much later for turn 10. I usually end up winning races there by a ridiculous margin...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

I once did a 100% distance race at Spa in F1 2012 on hard difficulty. I qualified 14th as Hulkenburg, and by turn one, I was 8th. But, Kobayashi qualified 8th, was 4th by turn one, and had took the lead from Webber on lap 5. And he drove away. I think he had a 20 sec lead at the end. Perez was out of the points. I got as high as 2nd, then fell back to 6th.

So the top three were Kobayashi, Webber, and Alonso. And now Kamui is out a drive.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Phoenix wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:

Sadly, the 05 game has performance based on the previous year's races. By the time F1 2006 came out, Sato was a backmarker.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Took the NR2003 Indycars to Silverstone (the pre-Arena layout), and the entire field was running 1:20 second laps in race trim. In qualifying, they ran 1:17s...

...coming into the first corner, two cars decided to go HURR DURR and cause a crash so massive it looked like Romain Grosjean's family day out.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Cynon wrote:Took the NR2003 Indycars to Silverstone (the pre-Arena layout), and the entire field was running 1:20 second laps in race trim. In qualifying, they ran 1:17s...

...coming into the first corner, two cars decided to go HURR DURR and cause a crash so massive it looked like Romain Grosjean's family day out.

I didn't know Maldonado and Grosjean were ever in IndyCar.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Cynon wrote:Took the NR2003 Indycars to Silverstone (the pre-Arena layout), and the entire field was running 1:20 second laps in race trim. In qualifying, they ran 1:17s...

I didn't know Maldonado and Grosjean were ever in IndyCar.

They weren't... But Grosjean like drivers have appeared in IndyCar.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Drunken results here:
Trulli bad puns...
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

From rFactor's F1 2001 mod...

"Thunder" is a team made up by me, and yes, that is the Alan Morrison from BTCC
Trump 2016
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

On F1 2009 on PSP, at Monza, the top 3 were the magnificent trio of... Timo Glock, Sebastian Buemi and Sebastian Bourdais!! What makes it even better is that both Brawns and Red Bulls finished the race as well, rather than it being a race of attrition
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:On F1 2009 on PSP, at Monza, the top 3 were the magnificent trio of... Timo Glock, Sebastian Buemi and Sebastian Bourdais!! What makes it even better is that both Brawns and Red Bulls finished the race as well, rather than it being a race of attrition

Who were you driving as?? 8-)
Trulli bad puns...
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:On F1 2009 on PSP, at Monza, the top 3 were the magnificent trio of... Timo Glock, Sebastian Buemi and Sebastian Bourdais!! What makes it even better is that both Brawns and Red Bulls finished the race as well, rather than it being a race of attrition

Who were you driving as?? 8-)

Raikonnen. I could've finished second in that race, but I went for the win instead (I was 26 points down on Button at the start of the race, so its understandable) and I lost it at the Parabolica with 2 laps left.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

In Canada in GP4,I ran a 75% distance race in the rain.After the first set of pitstops,the marshals,for some strange reason,refused to come out to push retired cars off the track.Here's the end result...

-Mika Hakkinen derping into the pitwall,thus blocking the pit lane for quite a while.
-Giancarlo Fisichella,having had a suspension failure,was laid out on the straight before the final chicane.He was promptly t-boned by Rubens Barrichello,running 3rd at the time.
-Enrique Bernoldi,Tomas Enge,Eddie Irvine and Jenson Button blocking the entire track at the hairpin.

In another race,in the dry,Bernoldi was running third for most of the race,and due to a spin out and clever pit strategy,found himself in the lead defending from Hakkinen with 2 laps left.However,he spun out at the Variante Alta and lost his rear wing.He still finished 4th,though.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
UncreativeUsername37

I was playing F1 Challenge once, a 100% race at the 1999 Nürburgring playing as Barrichello. Fisichella was leading Ralf Schumacher at the front with Minardi in 4th and 7th, which was weird enough. Then all within a couple laps of each other, Fisichella spun, Ralf had a puncture, and Badoer (in 4th)'s gearbox failed; this leading to Herbert of all people being the winner, with Trulli in second, me in third after not being able to pass him, and Gené finishing in 6th.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I was playing F1 Challenge once, a 100% race at the 1999 Nürburgring playing as Barrichello. Fisichella was leading Ralf Schumacher at the front with Minardi in 4th and 7th, which was weird enough. Then all within a couple laps of each other, Fisichella spun, Ralf had a puncture, and Badoer (in 4th)'s gearbox failed; this leading to Herbert of all people being the winner, with Trulli in second, me in third after not being able to pass him, and Gené finishing in 6th.

Seriously? Sounds a bit like real life to me!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Currently playing a full season of Formula One 2006, as David Coulthard, on hard difficulty, 100% distance. This is what's happened so far.

Bahrain - Crashed in Q1, and I couldn't be bothered to go out and do another lap, so I started 22nd. Despite a really poor set-up (and the RB2 being absolute garbage), I dragged the car to 10th, about 10 seconds behind Ralf Schumacher with 15 laps to go, when Jenson Button's engine exploded when he was running in 4th place. Having realised I could steal a point, I started lapping about two seconds quicker than Ralf, and passed him with three laps to go, hampered by the draconian penalties you get in F12006 for going slightly off-track. Still, 8th isn't bad.

Malaysia - Qualified 8th fastest, and I had somehow got up to 6th place, all pitstops completed, when the heavens opened with 20 laps to go. In F12006 (at least for me), your performance and race pace falls off a cliff compared to the AI. I was losing over six seconds a lap, before I spun off deliberately with 18 laps to go, and a big fat DNF. And by crashing during a pitstop period (everyone was going onto inters), Barrichello who was leading very comfortably at the time, ended up 12th, Albers in the bathplugging MIDLAND finished 3rd, and Liuzzi in the equally crap Toro Rosso was 4th. Reject glitches.

Australia - Qualified 12th, was up to 6th by turn 3, which is where I stayed for a while until I muscled my way past Ralf at the first pitstop. Button was leading, Schumacher 2nd, Fisichella 3rd and Raikkonen was 4th. Behind me was Montoya, and Alonso (who started 22nd having set no time). Settled in for a long afternoon, when I realised that my pace was on par with Raikkonen in the vastly superior McLaren, and incredibly I managed to jump him at the final pitstop, for 4th. No chance of catching the other three though. I was a few seconds ahead of Kimi and Alonso when disaster struck on the final lap, when I tried to lap my team mate Klien on the run into turn 1. The AI backed off ON THE RACING LINE, and bam, I had no front wing, he was out, and I had to hold off two vastly superior cars in a car with no front end for an entire lap. Which I did by forcing Alonso off the road at turn 13 when he tried to go around the outside. :lol:

San Marino - I'm an absolute demon at Imola. Took pole by nearly two seconds over Mark Webber. Heidfeld in the godawful BMW (BMW are utter shite in this game) was 4th, and I just drove off into the distance, nearly lapping the entire field when, once again, the heavens opened with 30 laps to go. It was lucky that I had such a big lead, because Alonso was a minute and a half behind when it started raining, and he was four seconds behind when the chequered flag fell.

Europe - Qualified 7th, but I went for a two-stopper. Which worked to absolute perfection as I stole the lead from Raikkonen with 15 laps to go. However, the bathplugging AI struck again when I tried to lap Albers on the penultimate lap going into the first corner. He backed off, I had nowhere to go, and I had to tiptoe around with no front wing, whilst he was out. Still managed to win by over 15 seconds though. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

OK, some really messed up stuff in my current run through the 2010 Mod of GPM2:

*Race winners being Robert Kubica (the first race!), Mark Webber, Felipe Massa, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel and Michael Schumacher
*Webber winning four of the first six races and comfortably leading the championship
*Massa second right now, Kubica was second for the longest time
*Virgin (my team) with 13 points, Lotus (new team) with 13 points, HRT with 1 point (the first race, only 10 cars finished!)
*Sauber with 7 points in 11th place :lol:
*McLaren with 31 points in 6th! :o
*Mercedes with 190 in 3rd! :shock:
*Sutil ending up being injured and Paul Di Resta, subbing in his place, has so far two front row starting positon, plus a podium finish (2nd)
*Lewis Hamilton being completely useless (7 points thus far)
*Nico Hulkenburg, while doing a good job at Williams, then signs a contract with Virgin for a season with no motives to leave Williams at all :D
Trulli bad puns...
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I haven't come across many glitches when I play games but this one I found on YouTube is quite funny. It is @ 49:45.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I did a full race on F1 2012 at Barcelona as Pérez on hard difficulty.

Things I achieved:

Pole :shock:

Third Place :lol:

Alonso won the race. I held the lead for 30 laps and he and KAMUI KOBAYASHI passed me. So both Saubers were on the Podium :D

I also did a race as Bruno Senna on Monaco and won that as well.

In Career Mode in a Marussia at Monaco (hard difficulty), I qualified 19th. I was running 2nd on merit chasing down Maldonado in the lead when I crashed out of the race as the only retirement. The team was disappointed :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Julien

Post by Julien »

That's why I don't play Codemasters' F1 series. It is just ridiculous... I'm not saying that it will stay the same forever, but so far, F1C or F1GP2-3-4 are far better than anything the new series could offer. Including fair challenge.
UncreativeUsername37

Julien wrote:That's why I don't play Codemasters' F1 series. It is just ridiculous... I'm not saying that it will stay the same forever, but so far, F1C or F1GP2-3-4 are far better than anything the new series could offer. Including fair challenge.

1996: GP2
1998: GPL
2002: GP4
2003: F1C
The peak era of racing simulators, so it seems...
Julien

Post by Julien »

You forget about 2000: GP3 The first simulator with dynamic weather. It was epic :D
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Julien wrote:You forget about 2000: GP3 The first simulator with dynamic weather. It was epic :D

GP3 and GP4 were epic. The physics in GP4 was about as realistic as it gets and I think it is safe to say that GP4 may be the best F1 simulator of all time.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

go_Rubens wrote:
Julien wrote:You forget about 2000: GP3 The first simulator with dynamic weather. It was epic :D

GP3 and GP4 were epic. The physics in GP4 was about as realistic as it gets and I think it is safe to say that GP4 may be the best F1 simulator of all time.

While I agree that GP4 was a good game, rFactor and rFactor 2 have the most realistic game physics hands down, with I racing in second.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Julien

Post by Julien »

I still prefer F1 Challenge above any of those.
rFactor has no real weather simulation, plus AI is eve more awkward than F1C's.
GP4 has limited modability, it can't support more than 22 cars and 17 races.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

This on rFactor

Last year I watched a video where in a wet race at Spa in F1 2011, AI Heidfeld led out of Eau Rouge. Someone commented with "Glitch: Heidfeld leading" :lol:
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.