1981 Alternate F1 - Piquet and Shadow are champions!

Archive for the three above subforums
pi314159

Re: 1981 F1 - sign up for tests

Post by pi314159 »

Budgets are updated for all teams and engine manufacturers.

All teams except Surtees have submitted testing plans. An updated entry list is on page 6. Surtees are going to miss the pre-season tests.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
pi314159

Re: 1981 F1 - sign up for tests

Post by pi314159 »

1981 Pre-Season Testing: Imola

The 1981 season kicked off with the first of the four official pre-season tests, held at Imola. 13 teams were present with 25 drivers. Arrows driver Laffite set the fastest time. Arrows, Ligier, Shadow and Brabham formed the top group, Ferrari were slightly behind. The midfield was far behind those 5 teams, with times between 3 and 5 seconds off Laffite. The works teams Renault and Alfa Romeo were nowhere near the pace, casting further doubt over the future of these teams. ATS-Wolf, the team created as a merger of last year's backmarker teams, were 22nd and 23rd, beating the Alfas.

1. Jacques Laffite (Arrows A4) 1:32.226
2. Didier Pironi (Ligier JS17) +0.086
3. Jody Scheckter (Shadow DN13) +0.127
4. Keke Rosberg (Brabham BT50) +0.147
5. Stefan Johansson (Brabham BT50) +0.305
6. Emerson Fittipaldi (Arrows A4) +0.514
7. Nelson Piquet (Shadow DN13) +0.632
8. Alan Jones (Ligier JS17) +0.674
9. Gilles Villeneuve (Ferrari 126CK) +0.705
10. Mario Andretti (Ferrari 126CK) +1.501
11. Ronnie Peterson (Osella FA1B) +2.863
12. Derek Daly (Project Four JP4-2) +3.268
13. Kevin Cogan (Project Four JP4-2) +3.346
14. Riccardo Patrese (Osella FA1B) +3.365
15. Arie Luyendyk (Theodore TY01) +3.519
16. Michele Alboreto (Boro 005) +4.506
17. Derek Warwick (March 811) +4.749
18. Teo Fabi (March 811) +4.765
19. Christian Danner (Boro 005) +5.031
20. Alain Prost (Renault RE30) +5.450
21. Danny Ongais (Renault RE30) +6.072
22. Jochen Mass (ATS-Wolf D4) +7.490
23. Piercarlo Ghinzani (ATS-Wolf D4) +7.883
24. Nigel Mansell (Alfa Romeo 181) +7.900
25. Slim Borgudd (Alfa Romeo 181) +8.784
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1981 F1 - Pre-season tests in progress

Post by Wallio »

Most of the engine manufacturers are broke and will see little or no development, and two factories might not see out the season. Plus a number of teams are in heavy debt before the season has even started. Looks like 1981 will be one of the last years of this game. Hate to say I told you so.....
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Wallio wrote:Most of the engine manufacturers are broke and will see little or no development, and two factories might not see out the season. Plus a number of teams are in heavy debt before the season has even started. Looks like 1981 will be one of the last years of this game. Hate to say I told you so.....

I don't think it will go this far. Of course all the regulation changes are pretty hard for the budgets but there will be more than enough Teams around next season.
A few teams are really taking risks with their debts and a few have just minor debts which could be gone mid season.
Looking at the pace of Renault and Alfa i don't think that those two manufacturers will survive this season...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Oh boy, Alfa Romeo. Can't even outperform a BRM-powered car :lol:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

1981 Pre-Season Testing: Jarama

1. Tom Pryce (McLaren M30) 1:13.322
2. James Hunt (McLaren M30) +0.711
3. Patrick Tambay (Toleman TG181) +1.708
4. Carlos Reutemann (Ensign N181) +2.470
5. John Watson (Toleman TG181) +2.673
6. Jo Gartner (Ensign N181) +2.829
7. Alain Prost (Renault RE30) +3.849
8. Jean-Pierre Jarier (Tyrrell 011) +4.452
9. Nigel Mansell (Alfa Romeo 181) +4.870
10. Jean-Pierre Jabouille (Tyrrell 011) +4.980
11. Satoru Nakajima (Alfa Romeo 181) +5.979
12. Eliseo Salazar (Renault RE30) +6.052
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Ted Toleman wrote:VERY pleased with what I saw today. This season is the foundation for something great and I have no doubt we will be a top team in the future.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

1981 Pre-Season Tests: Le Castellet

1. Keke Rosberg (Brabham BT50) 1:35.506
2. Stefan Johansson (Brabham BT50) +0.597
3. Jacques Laffite (Arrows A4) +0.681
4. Emerson Fittipaldi (Arrows A4) +0.820
5. Niki Lauda (Lotus 87) +1.456
6. Mario Andretti (Ferrari 126CK) +1.573
7. Gilles Villeneuve (Ferrari 126CK) +1.735
8. Chico Serra (Lotus 87) +1.850
9. Elio de Angelis (Williams FW07C) +2.194
10. Thierry Boutsen (Williams FW07C) +2.835
11. Riccardo Patrese (Osella FA1B) +3.644
12. Carlos Reutemann (Ensign N181) +3.671
13. Ronnie Peterson (Osella FA1B) +3.699
14. Derek Daly (Project Four JP4-2) +3.761
15. Kevin Cogan (Project Four JP4-2) +3.764
16. Patrick Tambay (Toleman TG181) +3.944
17. John Watson (Toleman TG181) +4.045
18. Arie Luyendyk (Theodore TY01) +4.226
19. Clay Regazzoni (Rebaque HR102) +4.321
20. Manfred Winkelhock (Ensign N181) +4.495
21. Rene Arnoux (Boro 005) +4.636
22. Andrea de Cesaris (Rebaque HR102) +4.809
23. Johnny Cecotto (Boro 005) +5.201
24. Jean-Pierre Jabouille (Tyrrell 011) +5.206
25. Jean-Pierre Jarier (Tyrrell 011) +5.560
26. Derek Warwick (March 811) +5.671
27. Richard Dallest (March 811) +6.218

1981 Pre-Season Tests: Sebring

1. Didier Pironi (Ligier JS17) 2:04.411
2. Tom Pryce (McLaren M30) +0.323
3. Alan Jones (Ligier JS17) +0.326
4. Nelson Piquet (Shadow DN13) +0.443
5. James Hunt (McLaren M30) +0.830
6. Jody Scheckter (Shadow DN13) +1.370
7. Niki Lauda (Lotus 87) +1.816
8. Chico Serra (Lotus 87) +2.372
9. Elio de Angelis (Williams FW07C) +3.092
10. Thierry Boutsen (Williams FW07C) +3.330
11. Clay Regazzoni (Rebaque HR102) +4.716
12. Andrea de Cesaris (Rebaque HR102) +4.981
13. Jochen Mass (ATS-Wolf D4) +9.716
14. Piercarlo Ghinzani (ATS-Wolf D4) +9.765
Phoenix

Re: 1981 F1 - Pre-season tests up!

Post by Phoenix »

Not bad, I'd say Lotus is solid midfield now and points are very much achievable. With hard work, we could aim at higher things.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Toleman would like to upgrade top speed, grip and reliability prior to the United States Grand Prix, if possible.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Season preview:

MARLBORO MCLAREN INTERNATIONAL
The defending teams and drivers champions are once again the favourites for the both titles, but it looks like they'll have some stronger opposition this year. Unhappy with BMW despite the success of the last two years, the team has switched to Matra power for 1981. The team has kept multiple world champions James Hunt and Tom Pryce, and also the Marlboro sponsorship. With the largest budget of all teams, they should have an advantage as the season continues, although Ligier appears to have the slightly better car at the moment.
Verdict: 9.5/10

PARMALAT ARROWS RACING TEAM
Arrows have been McLaren's main challengers over the past years, and once again look strong. They have signed double world champion Emerson Fittipaldi to drive, and kept their number 1 driver Jacques Laffite. Arrows once again signed with Renault for engines, which despite the sometimes chaotic management seems to have built a powerful engine. With a good budget, they should be able to challenge McLaren for the full season.

EQUIPE LIGIER GITANES
Ligier’s 1980 strategy was confusing. At first it appeared that they had stopped the development of the car to focus on 1981, but then, they introduced a massive ground effect upgrade around mid-season, which suddenly made them the fastest car in the field. For 1981 they have built a fast car, maybe the best one. They kept the highly talented Didier Pironi, and also signed Alan Jones, who finally joins a top team. Ligier should be competing for wins from the start of the season, the only question remains if they are able to match the development speed of McLaren, Arrows and Brabham.
Verdict: 9/10

ELF SHADOW RACING TEAM
Celebrating its first win last season, Shadow continued to make rapid progress, turning a lower midfield team into one of the best in just one and a half years. Shadow have signed two new drivers for this year, with multiple race winner Jody Scheckter, and talented Brazilian Nelson Piquet, who finally gets the top team he deserves. Shadow were another team that left BMW, this year they are powered by Ferrari. Similar to Ligier, they have a very fast car, but not quite the budget of the other title contenders.
Verdict: 9/10

TAG RACING TEAM (BRABHAM)
Brabham are, alongside Arrows, expected to be among the main title contenders. Keke Rosberg has been kept, while Stefan Johansson has switched cockpits with Scheckter. Brabham were setting fast times in pre-season testing, and also have the budget to keep developing the car. This could become their best season since their last championship in 1967.

SCUDERIA FERRARI SPA BETA
Ferrari have struggled to be competitive over the last years, and this doesn’t appear to have changed. They are still near the front of the grid, but unable to directly challenge the top teams. Their drivers Gilles Villeneuve and Mario Andretti definitely aren’t to blame for this situation, but rather the team’s inability to come up with a fast and reliable chassis. Another upper midfield season can be expected.
Verdict: 7/10

WILLIAMS RACING TEAM
Williams’ lack of a title sponsor appears to have severely compromised their development for 1981. They have kept ahead of the midfield teams, but were unable to stay close to the top teams, and appear to have fallen behind Ferrari and Lotus as well. At least they have signed a very talented driver with Elio de Angelis, who could get them the occasional podium in case many top drivers retire.
Verdict: 6/10

ESSEX OSELLA SQUADRA CORSE
Osella surprisingly were an upper midfield team in their first season, thanks to sponsorship from Lavazza and support from Ferrari. This year, they again appear to be upper midfield, with Patrese and Ronnie Peterson driving, who returns after recovering from serious injury at the Monaco GP.
Verdict: 7/10

JPS PROJECT FOUR RACING
In the first year in Formula One, Project Four already scored points. For 1981, they are expected to remain in midfield, as they probably were a bit too conservative with their new chassis. Derek Daly has been kept. If Kevin Cogan will be an improvement over the disappointing John Watson remains to be seen.

RAGNO MARCH GRAND PRIX TEAM
The 4th place at Germany was a fluke. Apart from that, March spent the entire 1980 season in the lower midfield. That’s where they can be expected to remain, after the pre-season tests. At least the team’s finances have been stabilized, so they can be expected to outperform their direct rivals when it comes to car development. They will be on the grid more often than not, but they will need another fluke result for points.
Verdict: 4.5/10

SKOL ENSIGN RACING
They are where they used to be for the last few years – upper midfield. Carlos Reutemann could be good for the occasional points finish, while the second seat is shared by paying drivers Jo Gartner and Manfred Winkelhock.

TEAM ALFA ROMEO
Pre-season testing has shown: This car is a disaster. Almost 10 seconds off the pace, and fighting with the ATS-Wolf drivers, it became clear that this project is underfunded. After Alfa Romeo cut the manufacturer support, and the team failed to come up with other sponsors, the construction of the car was seriously hampered by a lack of money. Nothing is to be expected from them this year, but poor Nigel Mansell is stuck with them.
Verdict: 0/10

CANDY TYRRELL RACING TEAM
The decline of Tyrrell continues. 1981 seems to be more of the same for them, being close to the DNQ zone. Money isn’t the problem, but a far too conservative car design will prevent any large gains for Tyrrell. Jabouille and Jarier are decent drivers, and should be able to qualify the car.
Verdict: 3/10

EQUIPE RENAULT
Another works team which is far behind the expectations. Nowhere as bad as Alfa Romeo, but still underfunded and uncompetitive, Renault only finished 14th in the previous season, and don’t look like improving. Alain Prost should be able to qualify for most races, but that can’t be said about the pay drivers sharing the second car.
Verdict: 2.5/10

DENIM TEAM LOTUS
1980 was a year to forget for Lotus, but all the time they were already working on 1981. Double world champion Niki Lauda is still driving for them, their second driver is Chico Serra. The car? Similar to Ferrari, the team is somewhere between the title contenders and the midfield, and could be regular points scorers.
Verdict: 8/10

GUINNESS BORO
The small Dutch team somehow has managed to stay in F1 for the 6th year now, and they’re making progress. Desperate for customers, BMW have made Boro their works team. They built a good car, considering the small budget they have to work with, and Rene Arnoux should be able to qualify the car more regularly than in 1980. Also, for the first time, they can afford to have a paid driver in one car for most of the season.

TEAM SURTEES
They didn’t turn up for the pre-season tests, but are expected to be present at the first race of the season. The team had no money left to build a decent car, and neither the BRM engine nor the Avon tyres will make it any better.
Verdict 0.5/10

WARSTEINER TEAM REBAQUE
Hector Rebaque’s team is going into its 3rd season. It didn’t have a lot of success so far, but didn’t do too bad either, often qualifying for the races. For 1981, they have signed Andrea de Cesaris and Clay Regazzoni to drive the cars. The test times imply that they are going to remain where they were in 1980: Sometimes qualifying and sometimes not.
Verdict: 5/10

SAUDIA ATS WOLF
At the end of 1980, ATS, Wolf and Kauhsen all were in major problems, and it didn’t look as if any of the three teams would make it into 1981. However, the Kauhsen management took over ATS, and Walter Wolf supplied the money needed to survive until the end of the year. The car is not exactly fast, and the BRM engine is underpowered but fragile, but alone the fact that this team is still existing and competing is an achievement.
Verdict: 3.5/10

TALBOT TOLEMAN MOTORSPORT
Formula 2 team Toleman is starting into its first Formula 1 season, and it’s looking promising for them. The car is powered by Hart engines, who made the step to Formula 1 alongside Toleman. Patrick Tambay, who was surprisingly dropped by Shadow, has been signed as their driver. Testing results have been encouraging, the car seems to be capable of upper midfield results.
Verdict: 8/10

ROTHMANS THEODORE RACING
Theodore is the other one of the new teams for 1981, and has also only one full-season entry. Arie Luyendyk is driving the Cosworth-powered car, which appears to be good enough for the midfield.
Verdict: 6.5/10
Samster

Post by Samster »

So glad this season is finally starting, this looks to be Boro's most competitive season yet, top 15 in the constructors is a realistic aim for us. :)
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Frank Williams wrote:At the moment it looks like we couldn't improve at all since last season. The new car is not as fast as we hoped. The pre-season was a bit of a pain for us, failing to secure a major sponsor and all the troubles with the switch to the Renault engines but at least i can say that the team won't start into the season with a big dept. With Elio(De Angelis) with have a really good driver in our car who hopefully can secure us a few points, which should keep us in the top 8 of the constructors championship.
Last edited by Hermann95 on 26 Aug 2014, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

This wrote:Then it's settled, ATS will change to BRM.
Heyer will drive in Germany, Pilette in the UK , Hayje in Netherlands and Austria, Neve in Spain, France, Monaco and Belgium, Rothengatter in all other races. So no Jochen mass.

By this, i've reached the goal to keep ATS afloat. I still consider selling the team, but first i want to see how things evolve. I strongly suggest Alfa Romeo to sign Jochen Mass, he's good ;)

If this series survives this season, BMW would be interested in the purchase of ATS.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Wallio wrote:
This wrote:Then it's settled, ATS will change to BRM.
Heyer will drive in Germany, Pilette in the UK , Hayje in Netherlands and Austria, Neve in Spain, France, Monaco and Belgium, Rothengatter in all other races. So no Jochen mass.

By this, i've reached the goal to keep ATS afloat. I still consider selling the team, but first i want to see how things evolve. I strongly suggest Alfa Romeo to sign Jochen Mass, he's good ;)

If this series survives this season, BMW would be interested in the purchase of ATS.

I'll keep that offer in mind. BMW would make the most sense for the ATS/Kauhsen employees and their families, to keep their income garantueed. But if someone else offers a ridiculously higher amount of money, i will consider that too.
pycku

Post by pycku »

Arrows statement

We are eager to see what the new era in Formula 1 will bring. Arrows have a strong car and our aim still remains challenging Mclaren for the championship. Our minimum program is top 3 at the end of the season. We are happy that we kept Jacques although some more lucrative offers were on the table. Additionally Emerson returns, thus forming the lineup that won the championship some years ago. As for Renault - we had some problems, but we have a strong relationship and we will work together as a family to recover from that situatuion. We will certainly honour our deal and everyone in the team is sure this is the right choice. We believe Mclaren and Ligier are the teams to beat and we are more than ready to make them sweat in order provide good run for their money. However, we respect our competitors and expect a fair battle for the titles.

Last but not least, we would like to welcome the new teams on the grid. Formula 1 is a tough business and only few survive, but everyone deserves their chance.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Autosport wrote:
Zolder confirmed for Belgian GP

FISA has confirmed that the 1981 Belgian Grand Prix will be held at Zolder, which will alternate with Spa-Francorchamps in the future. 28 cars are planned to start the race. The venue of the second United States Grand Prix is still undecided, but most likely to be either Sebring or Mid-Ohio.

In other news, the US Grand Prix will be run tomorrow, 10 PM CEST.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Pre-qualifying for the first four races:

All Races: Toleman, Theodore, ATS-Wolf, Rebaque, Surtees, Boro
All except Argentina: Lotus
Long Beach only: Renault
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

1981 United States West Grand Prix - Pre-qualifying:

As expected, both Lotus pass pre-qualifying, as well as Tambay in the Toleman. The other places are taken by Luyendyk in the Theodore, and the two Boros of Arnoux and Cecotto. Rebaque and Renault will be disappointed that both cars are out in pre-qualifying. But once Lotus and Toleman leave PQ, it should become easier for them as well.

1. Niki Lauda (Lotus 87) 1:20.957
2. Chico Serra (Lotus 87) +1.001
3. Patrick Tambay (Toleman TG181) +1.179
4. Arie Luyendyk (Theodore TY01) +2.324
5. Rene Arnoux (Boro 005) +2.748
6. Johnny Cecotto (Boro 005) +2.962
7. Clay Regazzoni (Rebaque HR102) +3.203
8. Alain Prost (Renault RE30) +3.404
9. Andrea de Cesaris (Rebaque HR102) +3.465
10. Brett Lunger (ATS-Wolf D4) +5.455
11. Danny Ongais (Renault RE30) +5.875
12. Huub Rothengatter (ATS-Wolf D4) +6.224
13. Brian Henton (Surtees TS22) +9.169
14. Siegfried Stohr (Surtees TS22) +9.598

1981 United States West Grand Prix - Qualifying:
1. Didier Pironi (Ligier JS17) 1:19.117
2. Alan Jones (Ligier JS17) +0.273
3. Nelson Piquet (Shadow DN13) +0.344
4. Niki Lauda (Lotus 87) +0.440
5. Jacques Laffite (Arrows A4) +0.489
6. Jody Scheckter (Shadow DN13) +0.673
7. Tom Pryce (McLaren M30) +0.765
8. Gilles Villeneuve (Ferrari 126CK) +0.827
9. Emerson Fittipaldi (Arrows A4) +1.021
10. Mario Andretti (Ferrari 126CK) +1.245
11. Elio de Angelis (Williams FW07C) +1.385
12. James Hunt (McLaren M30) +1.387
13. Stefan Johansson (Brabham BT50) +1.405
14. Keke Rosberg (Brabham BT50) +1.655
15. Thierry Boutsen (Williams FW07C) +2.300
16. Chico Serra (Lotus 87) +2.430
17. Patrick Tambay (Toleman TG181) +0:3.007
18. Arie Luyendyk (Theodore TY01) +3.146
19. Carlos Reutemann (Ensign N181) +3.150
20. Ronnie Peterson (Osella FA1B) +3.165
21. Rene Arnoux (Boro 005) +3.319
22. Derek Daly (Project Four JP4-2) +3.423
23. Riccardo Patrese (Osella FA1B) +3.580
24. Jo Gartner (Ensign N181) +3.668
25. Kevin Cogan (Project Four JP4-2) +3.837
26. Teo Fabi (March 811) +4.720
27. Johnny Cecotto (Boro 005) +4.888
28. Jean-Pierre Jabouille (Tyrrell 011) +4.940
29. Derek Warwick (March 811) +5.138
30. Jean-Pierre Jarier (Tyrrell 011) +5.145
31. Nigel Mansell (Alfa Romeo 181) +5.346
32. Satoru Nakajima (Alfa Romeo 181) +7.344
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1981 F1 - US West pre-qualifying

Post by Nessafox »

We're... not last :shock:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mmm, not too shabby...Arie's doing a fine job.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So Osella sucked pretty badly :(
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
andrew

Post by andrew »

This wrote:We're... not last :shock:

WoHoo go on ex team of mine!
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Just to let all Ferrari customers know, we have requested a reliability upgrade to try to fix the engine problems that occurred at Long Beach. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

1981 United States West Grand Prix - Race:

1. Nelson Piquet (Shadow-Ferrari) 80 Laps
2. Niki Lauda (Lotus-Cosworth) +9.770
3. James Hunt (McLaren-Matra) +20.718
4. Jacques Laffite (Arrows-Renault) +31.019
5. Chico Serra (Lotus-Cosworth) +1 Lap
6. Stefan Johansson (Brabham-Matra) +2 Laps / Engine
7. Patrick Tambay (Toleman-Hart) +2 Laps
8. Thierry Boutsen (Williams-Renault) +2 Laps
9. Kevin Cogan (Project Four-Matra) +3 Laps
10. Derek Daly (Project Four-Matra) +3 Laps
11. René Arnoux (Boro-BMW) +3 Laps
Ret. Arie Luyendyk (Theodore-Cosworth) +11 Laps / Gearbox
Ret. Didier Pironi (Ligier-Ferrari) +16 Laps / Engine
Ret. Teo Fabi (March-Cosworth) +17 Laps / Suspension
Ret. Alan Jones (Ligier-Ferrari) +18 Laps / Engine
Ret. Mario Andretti (Ferrari) +21 Laps / Suspension
Ret. Carlos Reutemann (Ensign-Ferrari) +23 Laps / Electrics
Ret. Keke Rosberg (Brabham-Matra) +26 Laps / Transmission
Ret. Jo Gartner (Ensign-Ferrari) +34 Laps / Engine
Ret. Tom Pryce (McLaren-Matra) +35 Laps / Suspendion
Ret. Emerson Fittipaldi (Arrows-Renault) +48 Laps / Electrics
Ret. Gilles Villeneuve (Ferrari) +49 Laps / Engine
Ret. Elio de Angelis (Williams-Renault) +52 Laps / Engine
Ret. Riccardo Patrese (Osella-Ferrari) +61 Laps / Accident
Ret. Jody Scheckter (Shadow-Ferrari) +68 Laps / Electrics
Ret. Ronnie Peterson (Osella-Ferrari) +70 Laps / Accident

Fastest Lap: Nelson Piquet (Shadow-Ferrari)
pycku

Re: 1981 F1 - US West Grand Prix up

Post by pycku »

Not the best race for us, but still we have got some valuable points. Next time we will attack the podium finishes.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Boro will offer Michele Alboreto a couple of races at Imola and Zolder with a chance of more based on performance. The deal is unpaid for now but he may receive some money after the midseason payout.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

McLaren will buy 3 grip upgrades.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Salamander wrote:McLaren will buy 3 grip upgrades.

Osella shall follow suit.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

--------EDIT: PastaMaths --------------
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 30 Aug 2014, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Theodore will purchase a grip upgrade and a reliability upgrade.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Brabham will purchase 3 grip upgrades along with 1 reliability upgrade, if we can still purchase rel upgrades.

The rules state you can only buy three upgrades per weekend! I don't know about the rel question though.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Biscione wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Brabham will purchase 3 grip upgrades along with 1 reliability upgrade, if we can still purchase rel upgrades.

The rules state you can only buy three upgrades per weekend! I don't know about the rel question though.

Very well.

The offending employee has been fired, and instead, Brabham will join McLaren in purchasing 3 grip upgrades.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Tyrrell will buy a grip update
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Samster wrote:Boro will offer Michele Alboreto a couple of races at Imola and Zolder with a chance of more based on performance. The deal is unpaid for now but he may receive some money after the midseason payout.

Alboreto accepts the offer.

All upgrades are added and budgets are updated.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

1981 Brazilian Grand Prix - Pre-Qualifying:

1. Niki Lauda (Lotus 87) 1:36.826
2. Chico Serra (Lotus 87) +0.681
3. Clay Regazzoni (Rebaque HR102) +2.158
4. Andrea de Cesaris (Rebaque HR102) +2.186
5. Arie Luyendyk (Theodore TY01) +2.233
6. Patrick Tambay (Toleman TG181) +2.321
7. Rene Arnoux (Boro 005) +2.586
8. Johnny Cecotto (Boro 005) +4.041
9. Huub Rothengatter (ATS-Wolf D4) +6.086
10. Piercarlo Ghinzani (ATS-Wolf D4) +6.279
11. Brian Henton (Surtees TS22) +10.681
12. Siegfried Stohr (Surtees TS22) +11.525
Phoenix

Re: 1981 F1 - Brazil Pre-Qualifying

Post by Phoenix »

Regarding upgrades... if you buy 3 in the same weekend, do they all cost 25.000 or is the total amount to pay 150.000?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Phoenix wrote:Regarding upgrades... if you buy 3 in the same weekend, do they all cost 25.000 or is the total amount to pay 150.000?

The total amount is 150 000 (25 000 + 50 000 + 75 000)
pycku

Post by pycku »

Arrows will buy one reliability and 3 grip upgrades.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

1981 Brazilian Grand Prix - Qualifying:

Long Beach winner Nelson Piquet takes pole, while Pironi takes 2nd. The much improved McLarens are third and fourth. Brabham and Arrows had a disappointing qualifying. Osella also improved, qualifying 16th and 17th, beating the Williams of Thierry Boutsen. While Rebaque make their first start of the season, Alfa Romeo and Renault again fail to get a car on the grid.

1. Nelson Piquet (Shadow DN13) 1:34.846
2. Didier Pironi (Ligier JS17) +0.202
3. Tom Pryce (McLaren M30) +0.481
4. James Hunt (McLaren M30) +0.490
5. Alan Jones (Ligier JS17) +0.908
6. Jody Scheckter (Shadow DN13) +0.982
7. Stefan Johansson (Brabham BT50) +1.058
8. Jacques Laffite (Arrows A4) +1.098
9. Keke Rosberg (Brabham BT50) +1.213
10. Niki Lauda (Lotus 87) +1.447
11. Emerson Fittipaldi (Arrows A4) +1.596
12. Gilles Villeneuve (Ferrari 126CK) +1.690
13. Elio de Angelis (Williams FW07C) +2.186
14. Mario Andretti (Ferrari 126CK) +2.334
15. Chico Serra (Lotus 87) +2.724
16. Riccardo Patrese (Osella FA1B) +3.471
17. Ronnie Peterson (Osella FA1B) +3.500
18. Thierry Boutsen (Williams FW07C) +3.521
19. Clay Regazzoni (Rebaque HR102) +3.542
20. Andrea de Cesaris (Rebaque HR102) +4.036
21. Carlos Reutemann (Ensign N181) +4.054
22. Patrick Tambay (Toleman TG181) +4.058
23. Derek Daly (Project Four JP4-2) +4.298
24. Arie Luyendyk (Theodore TY01) +4.436
25. Jo Gartner (Ensign N181) +4.497
26. Kevin Cogan (Project Four JP4-2) +4.544
27. Teo Fabi (March 811) +5.713
28. Jean-Pierre Jarier (Tyrrell 011) +6.166
29. Alain Prost (Renault RE30) +6.191
30. Derek Warwick (March 811) +6.242
31. Jean-Pierre Jabouille (Tyrrell 011) +6.258
32. Danny Ongais (Renault RE30) +7.401
33. Nigel Mansell (Alfa Romeo 181) +9.038
34. Satoru Nakajima (Alfa Romeo 181) +9.572