GT-R WC 2016: Mod Released

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Italy Video Posted

Post by RealRacingRoots »

After viewing the race video, IBR Scuderia Alitalia (via the IRC) have confirmed that they are Appealing the 30-second penalty given to Car #28 (Roda/F-M Voeckler) for the avoidable collision with car #26 (Union Saver Corvette, Llosa/McKenna). The decision will be/has been made using RNG, with the outcomes having apropriate odds based on my glossing over of the replay.

So here are the potential new penalties on the line and the respective odds:

Penalty is Overturned -> 1-10

Penalty is Reduced to a 15 Second Penalty -> 11-34

Penalty remains Unchanged -> 35-85

Penalty is Increased to a 60 second Penalty -> 86-95

Car #28 is excluded from the results for the Round of Italy -> 96-100

And here is what the RNG says...

The penalty remains unchanged. While there is a valid argument that Llosa didn't do enough while in the chicane to prevent himself from going into the inside barriers, Roda visibly had less pressure on the Brakes throughout the braking zone and made no attempt to avoid the #26 car on entry to the first part of the chicane.

HOWEVER. That was not the first roll. This was.

The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
SeedStriker

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Italy Video Posted

Post by SeedStriker »

Well, if the first roll says something, Alitalia will be banging their heads :p

At the end, it's the stewards that decide the result of the penalty, and Union Saver Developments, for the good of the sport, agrees with the original penalty, only if Roda and Voeckler cool down for the next race and don't use out Vette's as cushons.
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: France Weekend

France Practice Session Results:

Weather: Clear and Dry

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a502/RealRacingRoots/GT-R%20WC%20Results/GTRPaulRicardPracticeResults_zpseafae580.png

Probably the cleanest session we've had so far. A lot of teams and drivers experimenting with different setup and racing lines throughout the session. Paul Ricard with the un-chicaned Mistral has split the setup philosophy between some teams, with some cars benefiting more than others. We shall see once Saturday and Sunday comes around to see who has solved the Southern France circuit.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Mantovani 2nd. WOW

aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alessandro Linari wrote:MODENA! Report to my office for 100 lashes. This is not good enough!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Seems that the setup for the second USD car was a fiasco. Mistral should be an advantage for the brutal raw power of the Vettes.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

eurobrun wrote:Mantovani 2nd. WOW

Onyx has the same feeling.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
RealRacingRoots

France Qualifying Session Results:

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a502/RealRacingRoots/GT-R%20WC%20Results/GTRPaulRicardQualifyingResults_zps5082a94b.png

(I don't know why the JLD car's class is showing the Dash..)

The Mistral straight brought the team strategists out to play. The 2-Car teams attempted to give each other the draft on the 1.8 km long straightaway, with mixed results. GP Racing locked up but never found the magic lap on the first or third sectors, nor did AeroRacing, Llosa was once again on the pace following his team-mate Riberio, but of all teams that won it out was the Chris Short squad. They stunned the field after finding themselves being tail-enders for much of the year so far, and are looking to score big in the Indies and Teams championships come race day.

But a good starting position can only do so much, money laps only earn you your meal ticket. The real money and real rewards come with race day, and what the Mistral may bring to the 30 car circus.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Australia Race Report

sportscar365.com wrote:GT-R WC Paul Ricard Notebook

***After IBR Scuderia Aitalia's appeal for the 30 second penalty given to Giovanni Roda for his contact with Ricardo Llosa came up empty for the Factory Ferrari team, team principal Alessandro Linari has gone to the CAS to attempt to get a result that would be more favourable. The 30 second penalty dropped the #28 Factory Ferrari from fourth to seventh overall and a loss of 4 points which could be crucial down the line. GTR Series Boss Terrance Carter was livid upon hearing the news of IBR's request for a CAS case, which was apparent on twitter just minutes after the news broke out.

He then went on to say in a private discussion with myself saying, "...if he (Linari) doesn't like the stewards doing what they think was the right call, he can always make his own GT series, no one is stopping him and have those stewards constantly make calls in his favour."

***There are reports coming out of the AeroKings camp that there are intense discussions being made into securing the future of the team and it's employees. After making it clear that the money that the team currently had were to run out after this round, a few interested parties have come to the table showing interest in the American squad. I talked with a representative from the team that told me that if and when a deal is sign, work would be intensified to make the car and the programme as good as it possibly can be.

EDIT: Here's the inspiration for the tweet: http://jalopnik.com/5956093/chrysler-exec-calls-donald-trump-full-of-shit-on-twitter
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: France Race Report

France Race Results:

Fastest Lap: Car 0 (Vittore Lister - van Walwijk-Tantovich) : 1:45.943

There are no penalties to report YET. Until I get to look at the full race, results are considered unofficial.

The Good

*Simply put it, what a race. The first stint was an absolute dogfight. If you were in the top 9 or 10, you could have made it to the front even if for a moment. But pit strategy ended up winning the day out for the 41 Ambrose-Milan crew who pitted early in the second round of stops which won them the day after starting from the pole. Here's a link to view my race notes to see what I mean. http://www.mediafire.com/view/fufnebuclu9910u/France_Race_notes.txt

*The Independent teams came to play today. After the factory teams showed their strength in Monza, 14 bonus points in the independents trophy were awarded in the next round. But the result doesn't tell the whole story. The 54 Chris Short team drove like men possessed in the second stint. Mantovani and Massini knew that a opportunity like this doesn't come around often enough, and they delivered one of the best single stints I have ever seen. They went for the undercut at the first round of stops and found themselves in the battle for the lead for the whole second stint, only to fall back in the second round of stops.

*The only factory car that really showed what their superior equipment can do through the duration of the race was the 26 Corvette. While the 02 and 28 squeezed in points, they were non-factors in the battle at the front after the first round of stops. The 26 ran long at both stops and nearly won the race when they (and the Vittore 0) made up time on the leading two (The AM 42 and the Rojo 32) when they were in a desperate brawl for the win.

The Bad

*One must wonder where the factory teams went wrong this weekend: set-up, driving line philosophy or otherwise. After the first round of stops, the only two factory cars that had a shout of winning were the 27 Ferrari and the 26 Corvette, and the 27 retired during the second round of stops. This was a unpredictably weak race, and no one should expect this to happen again.

*After finding what they thought was a solution to their reliability woes, Rosenforth got bitten hard by another engine failure in the back of their Zonda, who was looking very much like a contender during the early part of the race.

The Ugly

*The Paul Ricard circuit proved itself as a bit of a car breaker. The combination of some of the bumps and the duration the cars are at V-Max on the Mistral wrecked havoc on some of the cars, resulting in the retirements during the race.

*After thoroughly dominating last time out at Monza, the factory Listers were no where to be found at all. Drew up blanks in qualifying, and got caught out for a spin early on in the race and never caught up to the pack since. The change of fortune and screeching halt of any momentum the GP team had after a dominating win a Monza earned them the Reject of The Race.
GT Super Series
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

Matteo Rossi wrote:YES YES YES YES!! We've done it boys! We've done it! We are in the fight now!

Olivier Jones wrote:Matteo is a beast behind the wheel. I only did my best to keep the car together and he gets in and wins it for us. Oh man, I'm just so happy.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Looks like it was our first points! This is a good day for the #30.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Shane Sparks wrote:WHY?! WHY DID WE DO SO CRAP?

Gerald Pereria wrote:HEY! I'm the co-team boss around here,I should be demanding why we did so crap! Though,since I'm driving,I cannot blame you lot. Still,REI! WHY DID YOU AND AYA FINISH LAST?!

Fabian Rei wrote:Err......blame Aya. He main driver,but go slow in qualifying,go slow in race.I got nothing to recover!

Nestra Aya wrote:I have money.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Sigh... a bad luck for Listers means bad luck for Aurico, too. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Best In The World Newsletter wrote:Lopes out, Wade in

After a number of unsuccessful races, Catarina Lopes has officially been sacked from driving duties with Best In The World Motorsport. "While her performance as a driver in GT-R was not quite what we hoped for, we are certain that we can help Catarina to a career in motorsport," Kay Lon said, confirming that Lopes would join an engineering course at Harvard SEAS.

Her place takes Randall Wade, an American driver managed by High Performance Driver Talent Management. With Bob Lomas already confirmed as driver for next season this marks Kay Lon's second signed contract with an 18-year old driver in short time. "Seeing as I started my F1RWRS career at age 19, I am obviously gonna trust young guns to do a proper job," Lon commented on these choices, "and I am convinced that he can bring the heat to GT-R.

OOC: I guess it's just common sense that v8fan12 takes care of his driver's skills, so would you please contact him in the chat for that, RRR? ;)
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I already told RRR, but John Zimmer will be replaced by JP Laurent for the remainder of the season.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RealRacingRoots

Round of France Penalties:
Race Results are now considered official. Someone should get on updating the Points Tables on the wiki.

*Car 77 (Aeroracing Corvette) gets a 15 second penalty for an avoidable collision with car 19 (Gerald Pereria Lister), penalty is considered null and void as Car 77 retired later on in the race.

*Car 25 (Union Saver Corvette) has been handed a 15 second penalty for an avoidable collision with Car 39 (Kjellerup Ferrari)

Avoidable Collision penalty times are allocated depending on the capacity on the car reciving the collision can continue:

If the car can continue with little to no damage, the penalty will be 15 seconds.
If the car has damage that reduces pace, forces a pit stop, or necessitates/causes a retirement, the penalty will be 30 seconds or 45 depending on the severity of the contact.
A second offence will increase the overall amount of penalties a car will be getting to 45 seconds, unless the car caused a second 30 second avoidable collision penalty, in which the penalty will be 60 seconds or exclusion from the results.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

With the conclusion of the CAS being known:

*Giovanni Roda has been handed a suspended ban that will be in effect until the end of the season.

*IBR Scuderia Alitalia will be forced to pay GT-R Series Management € 250 000 in Punitive Damages.

The France Video is nearly done, as all that is left to do is commentary before it gets rendered/uploaded. The Round of Canada will start in the mean time.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

sportscar365.com wrote:AeroKings bought out by Luxray Engineering

Just days after AeroKings Racing retired with a suspension failure at the fourth round of the GT-R World Championship from Paul Ricard, France, they have announce that all of the teams intellectual properties, including the factory, equipment, and vehicles have been bought out by Asian Festival of Speed team Luxray Engineering. The Kyoto, Japan based team showed interest in entering the series after supporting the GT-R WC at their first round in Sepang, Malaysia and saw the American team's financial shortcomings as a way to enter the series even if just for the 2016 season.Team Principal Yuichi Kurosawa said in an exclusive interview that the Chrysler Viper GTS-R AeroKings used for the first four rounds of the championship has been sent to their factory in Kyoto to get upgrades to allow them to be competitive in the highly contested Independents Championship.

Also confirmed in the press release will be the two drivers that will drive for Luxray Engineering for the rest of the season, Danish SARS driver Caspar Toft and F2RWRS Tropican GP standout Chris Winter will share driving duties in the lone Chrysler Viper starting with the next round of the championship taking place at the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park in Bomanville, Ontario.

Luxray is replacing AeroKings for the remainder of the season. They will not be returning for 2017, meaning there is one grid spot already open for next season. Weather for Round 5 has been posted on the Precipitation Predicament thread. Now is the time to confirm any other driver/livery changes as practice, and maybe qualifying, will be happening before the day ends.
GT Super Series
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Expect Onyx to expand to two cars for 2017 as to keep Marisa Carrera's massive checks flowing in. Brazilian money is good, huehuehue! Of course, if the checks run out before the 2017 season begins we might be just a one car team.
RealRacingRoots

GT-R WC 2016: Canada Weekend

Canada Practice Session Results:

Weather: Overcast and Dry

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a502/RealRacingRoots/GT-R%20WC%20Results/GTRMosportPracticeResults_zps4c5ae394.png

Only one major incident to report. The 42 Ambrose Milan Ferrari ran into the back of the 19 GP Lister at turn 4. The 19 got all crossed up and slowed right down to keep it pointing in the right direction, but with the narrow nature of CTMP if left the France winners no-where to go but into the rear of the Factory Lister.

While Chris Short gave another good showing, not many questions were answered as it would appear that this is the only dry running all weekend. The biggest wet weather system of the summer is on it's way into Ontario overnight and is looking to unload quite the lot of rain over the remainder of the race weekend. So teams will be going into Saturday and Sunday with limit wet setup knowledge for one of the trickiest tracks on the calendar.
GT Super Series
Onxy Wrecked

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Canada Weekend

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

My wet weather driver in Morioka will be strong then.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

RRR, could you please change Rendall Wade to Randall Wade (correct spelling)
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
RealRacingRoots

Canada Qualifying Session Results:

Weather: Light Rain -> Overcast, no Rain -> Light Rain

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a502/RealRacingRoots/GT-R%20WC%20Results/GTRMosportQualifyingResults_zpsde5417f8.png

10 Minutes down, 5 to go. The rain stops. Teams are are finishing their first runs and the results are shocking. Chris Short Racing have a 1-2 all but locked and series front runners the 26 Union Saver Corvette are stone dead last, 1.7 seconds off the pace.

Ricardo Llosa is the first to go out on his second stint, and while others finish their first. The shape of the grid changes dramaticly. Llosa nearly stole the pole from The Rojo squad with a excellent lap with no time on the clock, only for a bobble in the last set of corners for him to lose the one tenth gap he had built up in the rest of the lap. Frankie van Nifterick and Rojo take Lamborghini's maiden pole. The lads over at Chris Short, on the heels of some new backing from British Airways and Puma, can still give them a pat on the back for a great pair of laps, they start P6 and P8.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Have a Christmas gift you lot, it's the video for Round 4 of the GT-R WC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYGVQ8SHapI
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: France Race Report

Canada Race Results:

Weather: Intermittent Rain Showers

Fastest Lap: Car 26 (Union Saver Corvette - Llosa/McKenna) : 1:11.521

There are no penalties to report YET. Until I get to look at the full race, results are considered unofficial.

The Good

*The 26 Union Saver crew were as hungry as ever. They took the lead early and tried to maintain the status quo the whole race. After the penultimate round of stops, a 7 secnod lead was what they had over the 28 IBR and the 41 Ambrose Milan teams. While that disappeared but the lead was maintained, they found themselves 8 seconds behind the eventual winner in the 41 Independent Ferrari with time not on their side. The 41 was on of the big winners through each round of pit stops and finally struck the right timing on the stops when it mattered the most. If there were five more minutes to go, there would have been a big battle on our hands for the win. The 26 was putting in fastest lap after fastest lap in the end, but it wasn't enough. Another double-15 heads the way of Ambrose-Milan but for the 41 this time around, for the first team to win two races this season.

*The Aeroracing Corvettes and the lone Rosenforth Zonda found themselves making big gains in the stops and when other cars fell to issues or accidents on track. They remained steady and consistent throughout and were rewarded with loads of points, and three bonus independent points for the 77 Corvette.

*But the team that made the biggest gains of all throughout the race was the débutante Luxray team. After starting stone dead last, much like the AeroKings car did in prior rounds, the unlikely duo of Toft and Winter made up 20 positions, and ran as high as fifth at one point in the race. They were hungry to get a good result today, and it showed with decisive passes on cars late in the race to crawl into the points. Well worthy of the Drive of the Race.

The Bad

*The IBR 28 Crew found themselves going toe to toe with the 26 Union Saver crew once again part way through the race. While a much calmer and cleaner go around compared to Italy and France, the 26 found them selves on the upper hand of the conflict once again. The 28 then found themselves in heaps of trouble with the lapped traffic that was persistent for all the front runners throughout the second half of the race. The 28 dropped out of the top 5 with more traffic and a slowing pace and wearing Pirellis, only for a unmerciful end to the race with a Gearbox failure after the last stops when plenty of points were on the table.

*The weather played chaotic role in the race. 5 Minutes after people finished their pit stops for a full fuel tank and fresh wet tires, the rain stopped. Forcing whole the field to pit for dries. This situation happened twice during the race and it jumbled up the field big time. The pit lane couldn't take the 30 car grid and there were lots of sketchy situations on and off the pit lane. There were multiple spins at The Esses and Quebec corner, including the likes of the 28 IBR, the Aurico 34 and the Vittore 0 amongst others all being caught out in a major way during the race.

The Ugly

*R.T Solvalou's fortunes continue to be more bitter than sweet. Both cars got caught out by the melle in the pit lane in the first round of stops and could not recover. The 03 was also caught out by a spinning Aurico Lister and had to pit an additional time to fix major damage to the front of the car. Something must change if the Factory Lambo squad wants to move ahead of their customer counterparts.

*Based on the pace shown in practice and qualifying, one might said that the car to look out for in the race would be the Ferrari 575. The N Tech built car proved to be a neat package around the Ontario circuit. Three of the four 575s were in the hunt early going all being in the top 10 before the first round of stops. But as the rain came, the Kun and the first Chris Short car fell by the way side with identical Electrical system failures. The engine in the Kjellerup car gave up the ghost mid way through the race and the second Chris Short car was a non-factor after the first round of stops, earning the teams using the Ferrari 575 the Reject Of The Race.
GT Super Series
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

Joey Alliot wrote:Bathplug yes!! This old sonuvab**** still has it!!

Jacques Malenfant wrote:I'm surprised we did this well considering we qualified outside the top 10. I guess we were just driving the cleanest race.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
RealRacingRoots

sportscar365.com wrote:GT-R WC North America Tour Notebook

***After their performances in the first two european races of the season, Scuderia Vittore and Chris Short Racing have both secured new investors in the time between the races in Paul Ricard and Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, which became apparent as both teams showed up to North America with new liveries on their cars. Both teams come to North America with a renewed optimism as they continue to focus on their bids for the Independent trophy.

***While it was all smiles in the Ambrose-Milan camp when Jacques Malenfant crossed the finish line to win the Round of Canada at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, the mood soon turned sour as the engine in the front of the Independent Ferrari caught fire as it entered the Andretti Straight on the slow down lap. The Frenchman was able to exit the car without injury, but the car has extensive fire damage front of the fire-wall. It will be a long week ahead for the American Squad to either attempt to repair the race-winning car or get a new car ready to go for next weekend at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
This actually happened, by the way.

***With R.T. Solvalou's poor form continuing, they have confirmed that driving duties in the 03 Factory Lamborghini have been swapped for the Round of America. German driver Stefan Kuntz will have qualifying and race starting with Englishman Darren Cardel now taking over from Kuntz part way through the race.

Now is the time to confirm any changes, do quotes and what not. I will be doing the next round in the next few days. Once I get back on schedule with Aerond's ever increasing pace, the videos will be put into production.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: America Weekend

America Practice Session Results:

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a502/RealRacingRoots/GT-R%20WC%20Results/GTRLagunaSecaPracticeResults_zps5b923313.png

The second half of a tough double header showed itself in the Practice at Laguna Seca with a few teams dealing with Reliability woes after the quick turn-around from CTMP. Ambrose-Milan did indeed get a new car built for Alliot and Malenfant, but a Fuel Leak prevented the France Winners from getting any running done until the last 10 minutes of the session. Adrian Rojo Fernandez got a puncture on his run and spun off into the sand at the start of the Rahal Straight which ended the beginning of his Home Race Weekend. Randall Wade crashed into the barriers at the top of the corkscrew, causing significant damage to the Front-Right corner of the BITW Lambo.

Good runs from the 62 Crew to get the tricky Zonda to top the session, continuing from the promise they showed in Canada.
GT Super Series
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

This only proves the Onyx team as a threat when the track is wet. Otherwise, expect mediocrity at best.
RealRacingRoots

America Qualifying Session Results:

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a502/RealRacingRoots/GT-R%20WC%20Results/GTRLagunaSecaQualifyingResults_zpsb196a993.png

The session that the Factory Teams struck back. 8 Factory cars in the top 12. Stefan Kuntz made his presence known, getting R.T Solvalou their equal best starting position for the year, but it remains a USD/IBR battle at the front.

The lone yellow flag happened when Denis van Walwijk's Lister suffered a half shaft failure on his last flying lap right as the chequered flag flew on the 15 Minute Session, preventing a bunch of people from being able to get their final flying laps done.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

America Race Results:

Fastest Lap: Car 03 (R.T. Solvalou Lamborghini - Kuntz/Cardel) : 1:16.470

The Good

*The direction Stefan Kuntz brought with his new role as lead driver for the 03 Sovalou Lamborghini paid big dividends during the two hour race. This began with pitting the earliest out of everyone at both stops by a healthy margin. That healthy margin came to be by amazing laps after they stopped, and everyone else was battling for positions before the pit-cycle began proper. It was their race to win, or lose depending on how you see it. However..

*The duo who won were able to actually navigate Lapped Traffic properly. The 03 Crew lost bucketloads of time behind the copious amounts of lapped cars, and at tricky times. With 15 minuets to go Cardel was in heaps of trouble with lapped cars, which allowed the 26 Union Saver to make up the gap that was maintained since the last round of stops. Ricardo Llosa took advantage and made the pass happen at the Corkscrew, and was able to escape in no time and make a nine second gap happen while Cardel still had two cars to get past if he wanted to close the gap. Eventually he did, but the damage was done and it would've taken a Mechanical Failure to stop Ricardo Llosa and Jordan McKenna to become the first repeat winners in the GT-R WC, which never happened. Thus earning the 26 Crew the Drive of the Race.

*The other drivers who remained on the lead lap also had good runs. They were the only drivers that weren't caught out by the insane pace at the front of the field at the first stint, and did enough throughout the race to keep in contention if the top two hit major trouble. The IBR crew did as much as they could to stem the bleeding with their main rivals winning the race, and the Rojo 32 crew were able to maintain their pace and luck throughout the duration of the race to score a victory in the independents and 2 bonus points with getting a upper hand in the drag race across the line against the 27 Ferrari.

The Bad

*After a jam up that was caused when the 42 Ambrose-Milan Ferrari got spun in the opening stint of the race, the field got split into two packs. First to P12, and the rest of the pack. It quickly became apparent that the rest of the field simply could not keep up with the pace at the front of the field. By the time the first pit-stop window opened up, the leaders were hot on the back of the pack and already lapped a few cars that had dropped off the back of the hypothetical peloton. The pace of the 03 after the stops sealed the fate of many to be stuck lap(s) down for the duration of the race. The chaos caused by it was felt from the winner down, with a few cars being punted off by the leaders who were getting impatient with the waffling of the lapped cars not letting the leaders go through. It did cause some crashes, with some cars having to pit to fix the damage, with others being able to continue with minimal damage.

The Ugly

*Reliability struck many of the teams hard right at the end of the race. The Mantovani/Massini crew were on the fast track to a ninth place and their first points for finishing in the top ten when a rear brake failure at turn 9 spun them into the outside sand-trap and out of the race. Both Aeroracing crews suffered similar failures, with both cars suffering nasty spills once they too suffered brake failures within a lap of each other. Others also suffered failures, including the 62 Zonda, who showed much promise since Friday.

*The cars that fell off the back of the Peloton were the focal point of the first major crash of the race. Which saw the Luxray Viper take a nasty shunt up the rear of the car from the Puyo-Puyo/Vittore Lister. The Viper was out on the spot, but the Lister could continue with major damage to the pits, smoke billowing out of the 67 car. While most of the damage was fixed, clearly the car wasn't in fit condition to continue as the car broke down soon after it exited the pits. This potentially dangerous circumstance, whereas the PP/V crew left the car in a unsafe manner to go back on track earns them a $25,000 fine and the Reject Of The Race.
GT Super Series
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

A small change for the second USD Vette: KL Shultz will be lead driver from now on. While Ribeiro recovered from (almost) second-to-last into the 14th, his lack of qualy pace hurts
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Engine failure... Plumes of white smoke I presume.
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Mid-Season Rush

Germany Practice Session Results:

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a502/RealRacingRoots/GT-R%20WC%20Results/GTRNorisringPracticeResults_zps3c5e8811.png

With the chaos of the F2R, F3R and F1RD's practice sessions earlier in the day, the lone GTR Practice session was cut down to a 50 minute session in order to fit it into the tight schedule of the German GP weekend.

The Factory continues to show their strength as we return to Europe. The driver swap in the 25 car appeared to have worked, but not everyone got their top times in at the concrete canyons of the Norisring. The 15 Rojo and the Gulf 6 had similar crashes during the 50-minute session with the both of them slamming into the exit wall at Scholler S doing substantial damage to both cars.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Germany Qualifying Session Results:

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a502/RealRacingRoots/GT-R%20WC%20Results/GTRNorisringQualifyingResults_zps31cd6670.png

30 drivers all hungry to get their fast lap in a time-strapped, massively cramped circuit actually proved to be a pretty clean session all around. Gerald Pereria in his Lister topped the times for the second day in a row, and will get that clear space in front of him once the green lights go on tomorrow.

Of course, there were lots of issues with cars on in and out laps. Antonio Fazio and Saeed Al Faisal were the most vocal complaining that their best shots at good laps were squandered by slow cars on the out-lap at T1.

Two incidents of note coming out of the session. Frankie van Nifertick suffered a puncture on their out lap at the beginning of the session, he was able to make it back to the pit lane with no incident. The other incident came with Gio Roda braked way too late for T1 and found himself on the escape road. With the nature of 29 other cars storming down the 1.4 mile circuit, there was little to no chance that he was going to get back on track without causing a mess, so he parked the 28 Ferrari in the escape road for the remainder of the session and waiting for the session to end before returning to the pit lane.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Germany Race Results:

Fastest Lap: Car 20 (GP Lister - Aya/Rei) : 0:48.840

The Good

*The driver swap worked wonders for the 03 crew, so when the Union Saver crew swapped roles for the 25 car, their result one bettered that of the Factory Lamborghini from their run at Laguna Seca, and here at The Norisring as well. While they were quiet for the first two thirds in the race, remaining on the lead lap and within striking distance of the 28 and 03 cars, their late second and final pit stop got them the lead but not without a fight on their hands. They kept their cool with the constant pressure from behind and made it two in a row for the factory Corvette squad. After a weak first half of the year, they turn it around in a big way, earning them the Drive of the Race.

*Nestra Aya has been prominently the weakest of all of the factory drivers when it comes to qualifying. But this Saturday proved to be a turn-around for the Pan-Asia side the Factory Lister team. While their American counter parts had the better of them on Friday and Saturday, Aya and Rei finished better than their team boss and got their best finish of the year to boot.

*The independent runners were quiet today. They were constantly busy with attempting to not get in the way of the factory cars and their pace at the front. Pit strategy won the day for the Aurico squad, who had a Indy 1-2 on the cards for a while. This finish does them a lot of good with both of their driver pairs on the outskirts of the top 5 in the Independent's championship.

The Bad

*The factory teams once again showed their strength at The Norisring. While seven of them finished in the top 10, the other three suffered with mechanical woes. Both Zondas blew up as per the norm as Rosenforth continue to struggle with the complex Pagani, but the other victim could prove to be major in the championship once we go to Asia. Ricardo Llosa was circulating comfortably in the top 10 among the scrum with the top independent cars when the suspension in his Factory Corvette lets go leaving him stranded on track. If he and Jordan McKenna were to lose the championship by a few points, this would be a race they would point to saying how it could have been oh so different.

*If the Independent cars weren't just circulating around, they were being lapped or tripped up by other cars. The Onyx Saleen, The Puyo-Puyo Lister, and the Kun Ferrari were all part of a early crash at the Scholler S, and there were plenty of cars that were spun around by others at the last corner. It was a game of space and awareness, and people not having either of those became a factor for the front runners during the race.

The Ugly

*The chase was on in the final laps. KL Schultz and Gio Roda couldn't be separated after the last round of pit stops. One wrong move through lapped cars and the victory would go to the IBR 28 crew as they attempt to do as much damage as possible with their main rivals in the 26 Union Saver retiring early in the race. It's the last lap, three chances left to make the pass happen. Then, the unthinkable. A huge plume of smoke and flames come out of the front of the Factory Ferrari 550. Gio Roda's engine lets go with half a lap to go and a win in his grasp. All that ground they were suppose to make up on Llosa and McKenna, quite literally, goes up in smoke.

*If you're going to complain about being blocked by slower cars in qualfying, you better back that up in the race. The 02 RTS Crew did, finishing a well earned 8th place after starting P20. The other person who was vocal after qualifying, Saeed Al Faisal, wasn't. He and Davidson trundled around at the back of the field the whole day, only really gaining positions when others dropped out. If you complain about Monkeyman on Saturday and drive like one on Sunday, that will earn you the Reject Of The Race.
GT Super Series
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

And worse yet, the Onyx car wasn't just crashed, but bowed out to yet another mechanical failure in the gearbox. The crash only revealed the situation that the gearbox was going to break anyways and might have explained the poor pace in qualifying. Either way, starting 26th and finishing 29th isn't exactly what we saw even in the dry earlier in the season which leaves implications of mechanical issues in the Onyx Saleen.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

endurance-info.com wrote:Lerby quits Kjellerup

Kjellererup Motorsport have announced that Jasper Lerby has left the GT lineup, and will be replaced by Chiara Rossi for the rest of the season. Lerby said: "I'm sorry that I have to leave GT-R, but with my touring car commitments, it's simply too much. There are too many clashes between the series, and so I have decided to focus on my RTCC and RSTC plans."

Chiara Rossi is an experienced sportscar racer. In early 2016, she joined Écurie Prenois' short-lived Siemens Ausdauer Rejects Series programm after several seasons in LMP and GT racing.

RealRacingRoots, I've sent Rossis driver ratings.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

J.O.U.R.N.A.L wrote:Pennzoil steps down as Aurico Autosport's title sponsor

In light of the team's legal and financial struggle after being expelled from F3RWRS, a news has broke that Pennzoil has decided to withdraw it's title sponsorship from the GT-R and IndyCar operations of Aurico Autosport. A spokesman for Pennzoil stated that "It is with a big regret we have to scale down our sponsorship from Aurico Autosport. We have been their partners since few years ago, both as a sponsor and technical one. Our association with Aurico Autosport also provided one of the most iconic liveries in GT-R WC history. Unfortunately, due to some legal circumstances, we have to withdraw our title sponsorship from [Aurico Autosport]. However, we shall remain committed to be the lubricant provider for Aurico Autosport".

The Aurico Autosport management declined to comment on this issue, although they stated that a new livery for both GT-R WC and IndyCar is in the works.

So yes, the Pennzoil logos are now gone from the car... except for ones in the rear bumper and ones near the headlights. What is yellow in the car's body is now white, the Pennzoil text in the side of the car is now a barcode, and the Pennzoil logo in the hood is replaced with Aurico Autosport's QR code:

:ugeek:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport