Rantbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
girry

Re: Rantbox

Post by girry »

Blind bias combined with colored glasses is the most common 'reason' for bias against Alonso, denigrating him without any logical basis is not especially rare amongst Kimi-fans..

I've said it before here but I shall repeat; hating a driver with passion is idiotic, regardless of the driver, and it has a massive positive effect in your enjoyment of an F1 race if you simply stop hating. Done that myself and I can only recommend it.
when you're dead people start listening
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

giraurd wrote:Blind bias combined with colored glasses is the most common 'reason' for bias against Alonso, denigrating him without any logical basis is not especially rare amongst Kimi-fans..

I've said it before here but I shall repeat; hating a driver with passion is idiotic, regardless of the driver, and it has a massive positive effect in your enjoyment of an F1 race if you simply stop hating. Done that myself and I can only recommend it.

The only driver who honestly deserves that kind of attitude is clearly the guy in the #2 car. He's the biggest piece of dog shite since Stalin, as classless as Hamilton only he doesn't make you laugh with his dickery. Should be banned permanently.

There is no #2 car. That's the joke.

andrew2209 wrote:The reason why there hasn't been a full wet race for a while is the wet tyres had a small operating window between "no standing water" and "we need oars"

That and just bad luck with timing when the rain actually hits... but I don't like how the FIA pusses out and brings out safety cars during rain.

watka wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:F1.com is saying that there will be full monsoon rain for the race...

So in other words, it's going to be bone dry race day. :roll:

There will be monsoon rain. The race will be delayed until the track is appropriate for intermediates, then the first five laps will take place behind the safety car.

And then it will get red flagged and then there'll be no race. Its bound to happen at some point.

Wet-weather driving really is becoming a foreign skill to F1. The sad thing is that NASCAR actually has rain tires for road courses, but has only needed them like three times. Yes. I WENT THERE.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

giraurd wrote:I've said it before here but I shall repeat; hating a driver with passion is idiotic, regardless of the driver, and it has a massive positive effect in your enjoyment of an F1 race if you simply stop hating. Done that myself and I can only recommend it.

What is that driver is Nelson Piquet Jr or Johnny Cecotto Jnr?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

watka wrote:
giraurd wrote:I've said it before here but I shall repeat; hating a driver with passion is idiotic, regardless of the driver, and it has a massive positive effect in your enjoyment of an F1 race if you simply stop hating. Done that myself and I can only recommend it.

What is that driver is Nelson Piquet Jr or Johnny Cecotto Jnr?

Sir. Why are you hating on honorable rejects?

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Cynon wrote:
watka wrote:

What if that driver is Nelson Piquet Jr or Johnny Cecotto Jnr?

Sir. Why are you hating on honorable rejects?

Just asking the question whether its OK to hate on drivers who use their cars as weapons.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I don't think Ceccotto counts because to use your car as a weapon you have to do it intentionally. He is just... special.

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=533&start=3480#p295380

THE BIG QUESTION :roll:

See what I mean? I want to know how many people have voted. Is it twenty people?
Twenty thousand people? It matters.
The poll becomes pretty useless, to me at least, when you only get to see half of the information.
-*:-
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Jocke1 wrote:http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=533&start=3480#p295380

See what I mean? I want to know how many people have voted. Is it twenty people?
The poll becomes pretty useless, to me at least, when you only get to see half of the information.

I've just done the maths and I'm fairly sure that 96 people have voted (either that or its over 5000). Quite low really. I've got the spreadsheet if you want it... :geek:
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Unless its in NASCAR because then it just means the PR machine worked. :D

And Dario, Ashley Judd has made me hate him forever, despite how badly it ended for him. Otherwise though I agree.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Jocke1 wrote:http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=533&start=3480#p295380

The last option should be Don't Know/Don't Care :P
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

watka wrote: I've got the spreadsheet if you want it...

Maybe we should send it to Bernie?
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Rob Smedley needs to be Massa's engineer again. I know the media milked the relationship slightly, but it's still awful he's actually in Williams but not on the radio.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I'm unhappy with certain members taking a dig at my lifestyle. I'm not like others here. I take things to heart and am offended really easily. I had no problem in revealing things like a love for MDH and banana milkshake but if your going to make fun of it then I don't see why I should bother. Also why give me a shortened name which makes me feel like I'm 7? It's annoying so stop it.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I'm unhappy with certain members taking a dig at my lifestyle. I'm not like others here. I take things to heart and am offended really easily. I had no problem in revealing things like a love for MDH and banana milkshake but if your going to make fun of it then I don't see why I should bother. Also why give me a shortened name which makes me feel like I'm 7? It's annoying so stop it.

Pretty sure this was a dig...nay, a whinge at me. I'll just leave this here and let you get on with your day.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:It's annoying so stop it.

Get over it.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I think weird, passive-aggressive drama is my favourite thing about these forums now.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

shinji wrote:I think weird, passive-aggressive drama is my favourite thing about these forums now.

Online testosterone is worse than real life testosterone.
Just For One Day...
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

CoopsII wrote:
shinji wrote:I think weird, passive-aggressive drama is my favourite thing about these forums now.

I disagree. Fight me.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

CoopsII wrote:

...but you still look like a toolshed regardless...

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

I disagree. Fight me.

How about a sarcastic meme instead?
Just For One Day...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Some of you will have seen this today: https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formul ... 7--f1.html

What a load of utter rubbish. That's the cheapest thing F1's thought of for a long time; appealing to the lowest common denominator. Eurgh.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Ataxia wrote:Some of you will have seen this today: https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formul ... 7--f1.html

What a load of utter rubbish. That's the cheapest thing F1's thought of for a long time; appealing to the lowest common denominator. Eurgh.

This reminds me a lot of motorsport-total.com's april fool joke article:

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 40101.html
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ataxia wrote:Some of you will have seen this today: https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formul ... 7--f1.html

You know why Super GT (and some other series) has weight ballast system? To make the race exciting. :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:

You know why Super GT (and some other series) has weight ballast system? To make the race exciting. :roll:

...and how is that relevant to this article?

The whole thing is ridiculous. I support DRS, I think that it's currently the best solution we've got at the moment, and I stuck by double points at its introduction because I saw some positive aspects that I felt were under-represented. However this...vanity crap is some of the most low-effort, paint-over-the-cracks nonsense I've seen. It's almost as if the FIA had held a focus group in a primary school for hyperactive kids.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Those new set of ideas are as exciting as playing dungeons with both Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone in drag.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DanielPT wrote:Those new set of ideas are as exciting as playing dungeons with both Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone in drag.

Eeeewwwwww.... :?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

DanielPT wrote:Those new set of ideas are as exciting as playing dungeons with both Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone in drag.

You just traumatised me for life. My childhood is now officially ruined! (altough i'm already 27)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Good grief, I want to watch something that's still remotely sports (admittedly it has been a very thin connection for a long time), not a ruddy circus! Sure, let's allow cars to run at dangerously low ride heights just to have a better show. Who cares if someone gets critically injured because of it?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:Good grief, I want to watch something that's still remotely sports (admittedly it has been a very thin connection for a long time), not a ruddy circus! Sure, let's allow cars to run at dangerously low ride heights just to have a better show. Who cares if someone gets critically injured because of it?

There is one obvious solution to this, which takes this to the opposite extreme, that appears to be called entertainment in the USA - Monster Truck Formula One! Massive amount of ground clearance!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
mario

Post by mario »

Ataxia wrote:
FMecha wrote:

...and how is that relevant to this article?

The whole thing is ridiculous. I support DRS, I think that it's currently the best solution we've got at the moment, and I stuck by double points at its introduction because I saw some positive aspects that I felt were under-represented. However this...vanity crap is some of the most low-effort, paint-over-the-cracks nonsense I've seen. It's almost as if the FIA had held a focus group in a primary school for hyperactive kids.

I guess that it is perhaps a reference to the fact that other series are also prone to using artificial measures to make races more interesting to watch via adjusting the performance of the cars, not by introducing gimmicks that are all about the visual display and have no actual impact on performance.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I wish. I am getting small hints here and there that more than a few people here have some issues about my conduct, but none are willing to come forward and explain. It's quite frustrating, because the same thing will continue and it will only get worse. I'm waiting for someone to come forward and explain their gripes, but no explanation is forthcoming. So I'll just continue winding people up unintentionally instead.

Or is someone finally willing to speak up?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:

I wish. I am getting small hints here and there that more than a few people here have some issues about my conduct, but none are willing to come forward and explain. It's quite frustrating, because the same thing will continue and it will only get worse. I'm waiting for someone to come forward and explain their gripes, but no explanation is forthcoming. So I'll just continue winding people up unintentionally instead.

Some people feel you are really everywhere, and this presence make them feel uncomfortable and insecure. They probably feel like you're pushing things in a certain direction, simply because whenever something heads a certain direction, your name is in it somewhere, even if you didn't do anything, you always seem to be involved in some way or another. That's how it looks to others. I think it's nothing more than that, except for a few people who just can't stand you. But name me 10 forumites that aren't hated by someone at least?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

This wrote:
Biscione wrote:

Some people feel you are really everywhere, and this presence make them feel uncomfortable and insecure. They probably feel like you're pushing things in a certain direction, simply because whenever something heads a certain direction, your name is in it somewhere, even if you didn't do anything, you always seem to be involved in some way or another. That's how it looks to others. I think it's nothing more than that, except for a few people who just can't stand you. But name me 10 forumites that aren't hated by someone at least?

I'm universally loved if it helps matters. :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
This wrote:Some people feel you are really everywhere, and this presence make them feel uncomfortable and insecure. They probably feel like you're pushing things in a certain direction, simply because whenever something heads a certain direction, your name is in it somewhere, even if you didn't do anything, you always seem to be involved in some way or another. That's how it looks to others. I think it's nothing more than that, except for a few people who just can't stand you. But name me 10 forumites that aren't hated by someone at least?

I'm universally loved if it helps matters. :P

It's a shame Faustus has all those haters, though. :P

Really, we pretty much all like each other, as far as I can tell.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

This wrote: But name me 10 forumites that aren't hated by someone at least?

GrahamS
Flinn
Augusto Gabaldoni
Victor2K
gihdora
Saksith
twdilbeck
SimonM
Jackman
Mac Attack
Scott Speed
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Jocke1 wrote:
This wrote: But name me 10 forumites that aren't hated by someone at least?

GrahamS
Flinn
Augusto Gabaldoni
Victor2K
gihdora
Saksith
twdilbeck
SimonM
Jackman
Mac Attack
Scott Speed

Legends, every one of them.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Biscione wrote:Or is someone finally willing to speak up?

To be honest, I dont know who you are, have you changed your name? Because thats a good way to avoid some heat :D
Just For One Day...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Biscione wrote:

I have problems with some of the things you have said or done, but obviously I am not articulate enough to state that properly.

There is only one forum member I truly dislike, and contrary to popular belief it isn't Biscotti over there. Thankfully said member doesn't show up here much anymore
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:There is only one forum member I truly dislike, and contrary to popular belief it isn't Biscotti over there. Thankfully said member doesn't show up here much anymore

It's me isn't it, DON'T TRY TO DENY IT WE ALL KNOW