Stefan GP progress

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Stefan GP progress

Post by Klon »

rffp wrote:BTW, Ralf is out of the picture.
I just read that he will be a commentator for 2010. Anyone knows for what station he will be commenting?

I demand a source for this outrageous rumour. :D
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

CarlosFerreira wrote:

I think it makes sense. It's a good idea to substitute the team with a structure, contracts with suppliers (including Ferrari engines, unlike the lesser Cossie-powered newbies), a structure, buildings, proven record, Peter Sauber and contracts for 2 drivers, plus BMW's implicit backing and a car which has rolled and demonstrated performance for the Serbian guy who rent a bit of TTE's old facilities. Bernie and Jean would love that. Serious.

Sauber are on the grid. You cannot attend test sessions without an invite, and you cannot get an invite without having a grid entry.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Stefangp

Post by Stefangp »

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/9494.html

Mr. Stefanoivc expects...the stories are buliding up.

Something interesting I read here http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/ is James' suggestion that if Mike (Mr. Photocopy 2007) Coughlan is working for Stefan GP, then both McLaren and Ferrari will block Stefan GP's entry onto the 2010 grid.

Myself, writing a blog about the exploits of the Serbian team, do feel a little uncomfortable when I see the smiling face of 2007 spy-scandal.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

Bob Varsha brought up an interesting point on SpeedTV Sunday night.......

The FIA can't give an entry spot to StefanGP, without first consulting Prodrive, Lola, etc, etc....Those teams who were granted alternate spots. If they were to do so, those teams could, and most likely would, sue the FIA.....
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Fitch wrote:The FIA can't give an entry spot to StefanGP, without first consulting Prodrive, Lola, etc, etc....Those teams who were granted alternate spots. If they were to do so, those teams could, and most likely would, sue the FIA.....

Varsha is overlooking two key points:

1) None of those teams raised objections to Lotus being fast-tracked into the championship.

2) Stefan GP are the only team to have a car. Prodrive, Lola and so on ended their F1 projects months ago.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
coops

Post by coops »

I just read that he will be a commentator for 2010.

I hope its not for a pay-per-view channel, you'd ask for a refund on that one,

"The F1 commentary started off great and I was expecting great things but as the race went on Mr Schumacher seemed to speak less and less until it was as if he was no longer watching the race"
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I just read that he will be a commentator for 2010.

Hmm... I wonder how long it'll take before he has a go at Michael or about half the grid for that matter :lol:
And now for some reason I'm thanking HWNSNBM that we get the Beeb international feed :twisted:

Anyways back on topic and am I correct in saying that Toyota left abit of dough for Stefan when they bailed out and if so how much?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I have done some research on the topic of Ralf Schumacher, and this is the result: Mercedes, his DTM marquee, has announced Ralf Schumacher for "expert commentary" for Mercedes' guests in Bahrain - this only qualifies of course, if he is still a Mercedes employee at that time. Therefore, he is not necessarily out of the running, but now the likelyness of him getting a cockpit has fallen below my imaginary 10-%-border. Well, I guess it's for the better, we still don't know if Stefan GP is up to anything good and he still has unfinished buisness with DTM. And Villeneuve is not a disappointing alternative... ;)
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Captain Hammer wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

I think it makes sense. It's a good idea to substitute the team with a structure, contracts with suppliers (including Ferrari engines, unlike the lesser Cossie-powered newbies), a structure, buildings, proven record, Peter Sauber and contracts for 2 drivers, plus BMW's implicit backing and a car which has rolled and demonstrated performance for the Serbian guy who rent a bit of TTE's old facilities. Bernie and Jean would love that. Serious.

Sauber are on the grid. You cannot attend test sessions without an invite, and you cannot get an invite without having a grid entry.

What my post needs, Captain, is a bit of html code. I should have added <ironic></ironic> to my ramble, and save of both from this slight mishap.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:I think it makes sense. It's a good idea to substitute the team with a structure, contracts with suppliers (including Ferrari engines, unlike the lesser Cossie-powered newbies), a structure, buildings, proven record, Peter Sauber and contracts for 2 drivers, plus BMW's implicit backing and a car which has rolled and demonstrated performance for the Serbian guy who rent a bit of TTE's old facilities. Bernie and Jean would love that. Serious.

What my post needs, Captain, is a bit of html code. I should have added <ironic></ironic> to my ramble, and save of both from this slight mishap.

You're having an off week.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

One thing Being SERIOUSLY Overlooked about StefanGP..........

They have a car or rather they have A car.....ONE CAR............They have the parts to build a second car, but to be able to throw it together and get it to Bahrain for the race would be next to impossible and take a miracle. Plus, should they be able to pull off such a miracle, they would have no spares, NONE at ALL.....So when Kazuki throws it into the tire barrier in first practice they're done.....
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Fitch wrote:One thing Being SERIOUSLY Overlooked about StefanGP..........

They have a car or rather they have A car.....ONE CAR............They have the parts to build a second car, but to be able to throw it together and get it to Bahrain for the race would be next to impossible and take a miracle. Plus, should they be able to pull off such a miracle, they would have no spares, NONE at ALL.....So when Kazuki throws it into the tire barrier in first practice they're done.....

Spot on, I think they were hoping that USF1 or Campos would fold with a decent amount of time to spare before the first race so that they could get the Toyota bods working on a second car and spares. They have the facilities to build another car, but nowhere near enough time anymore.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
coops

Post by coops »

All the scrabbling about trying to get a car to the grid is hardly the stuff of F1 Legend is it? F1 Reject Legend for sure but putting that to one side for now is this really what we want for F1?
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
Stefangp

Post by Stefangp »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8536567.stm

Quote:

"Sources have told BBC Sport that hopefuls Stefan Grand Prix will almost certainly be given the slot vacated by US F1."

Who these sources are, we don't know due to the British media's insistence of hiding behind the confidentiality of the leaks.

"Time is running out/ Let's Roll." Neil Young
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

watka wrote:

Spot on, I think they were hoping that USF1 or Campos would fold with a decent amount of time to spare before the first race so that they could get the Toyota bods working on a second car and spares. They have the facilities to build another car, but nowhere near enough time anymore.

There's always the NASCAR alternative, just patch it up with some "200 MPH" (duct) tape
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

CarlosFerreira wrote:What my post needs, Captain, is a bit of html code. I should have added <ironic></ironic> to my ramble, and save of both from this slight mishap.

Actually, I was aiming at fjackdaw and missed removing your stuff.

They have a car or rather they have A car.....ONE CAR............They have the parts to build a second car, but to be able to throw it together and get it to Bahrain for the race would be next to impossible and take a miracle. Plus, hould they be able to pull off such a miracle, they would have no spares, NONE at ALL.....So when Kazuki throws it into the tire barrier in first practice they're done.....

Yes, they have one car, which is more than USF1 has.
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

Captain Hammer wrote:Actually, I was aiming at fjackdaw and missed removing your stuff.

What were you trying to say to fjackdaw, then? I thought his point was just that the article was disjointed rambling nonsense, and not a comment on its (daft) conclusions on Sauber's grid status, SGP's inablilty to test or the 'The Dog Ate my Homework' teams.
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Stefangp wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8536567.stm

Quote:

"Sources have told BBC Sport that hopefuls Stefan Grand Prix will almost certainly be given the slot vacated by US F1."

Who these sources are, we don't know due to the British media's insistence of hiding behind the confidentiality of the leaks.

"Time is running out/ Let's Roll." Neil Young

There's more to the picture than meets the eye
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Waris

Post by Waris »

coops wrote:All the scrabbling about trying to get a car to the grid is hardly the stuff of F1 Legend is it? F1 Reject Legend for sure but putting that to one side for now is this really what we want for F1?

Yes.

Also, apparently Stefanovic has said that the second car will be ready on Wednesday.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Waris wrote:
coops wrote:All the scrabbling about trying to get a car to the grid is hardly the stuff of F1 Legend is it? F1 Reject Legend for sure but putting that to one side for now is this really what we want for F1?

Yes.

Also, apparently Stefanovic has said that the second car will be ready on Wednesday.

Isn't Wednesday the day all the cars and equipment gets shipped by Bernie's transport to Bahrain?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

But I thought Stefan already had their equipment in Bahrain? Would they be assembling said car and shipping only the car as everything else is already there? Can they assemble said car *in* Bahrain? In a back alley somewhere?
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Jordan wrote:But I thought Stefan already had their equipment in Bahrain? Would they be assembling said car and shipping only the car as everything else is already there? Can they assemble said car *in* Bahrain? In a back alley somewhere?

If there is indeed a Stefan-sent box in Bahrain, it probably contains socks. Maybe a new box will contain the pairs?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
mario

Post by mario »

Jordan wrote:But I thought Stefan already had their equipment in Bahrain? Would they be assembling said car and shipping only the car as everything else is already there? Can they assemble said car *in* Bahrain? In a back alley somewhere?

Stefan GP claims to have sent equipment to Bahrein (and also claims to have made preparations to ship equipment to the next few races as well). Then again, just because he has sent equipment there, it doesn't mean that it'll actually be allowed into the paddock area. After all, Super Aguri turned up with equipment for what they hoped to be their last race, only for FOM to turn them away at the circuit.
Besides, the normal practise is for the teams to take their equipment and parts to the circuit a couple of days before the first practise session, and then build the cars at the circuit. That way, the FIA can request parts from the teams for random scruitineering before an event (as a random example, the rear wing from Sauber, or an engine from Renault) and test them during the free practise sessions (on top of the other random inspections that occur during the race weekend itself).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

CarlosFerreira wrote:

If there is indeed a Stefan-sent box in Bahrain, it probably contains socks. Maybe a new box will contain the pairs?

I wouldn't mind a pair of mismatched Stefan GP socks, it's kind of fitting, really.
mario

Post by mario »

CarlosFerreira wrote:

Looks like you are right to be dubious after all, if this particular article is right. http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/20 ... n-bahrain/
According to this journalist, the freight which Stefan claimes to have sent to Bahrein has, according to the circuit owners, not turned up at the circuit, with some suggesting that Stefan may not have sent anything at all. However, even if we were to assume that the freight is still stuck with the customs authorities, it seems that the FIA has already made it explicitely clear to the circuit owners that Stefan GP “will not be racing in Bahrain”, and will bar Stefan and his team from the circuit.
So, it looks like it is game over for Stefan, assuming that he had a car to drive in the first place - USF1 have seemingly rejected his offers, and the FIA are making it clear that they will not tolerate any attempt to go behind their backs.
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

mario wrote:Looks like you are right to be dubious after all, if this particular article is right. http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/20 ... n-bahrain/
According to this journalist, the freight which Stefan claimes to have sent to Bahrein has, according to the circuit owners, not turned up at the circuit, with some suggesting that Stefan may not have sent anything at all. However, even if we were to assume that the freight is still stuck with the customs authorities, it seems that the FIA has already made it explicitely clear to the circuit owners that Stefan GP “will not be racing in Bahrain”, and will bar Stefan and his team from the circuit.
So, it looks like it is game over for Stefan, assuming that he had a car to drive in the first place - USF1 have seemingly rejected his offers, and the FIA are making it clear that they will not tolerate any attempt to go behind their backs.

I may yet bite my own tongue, of course; but I honestly never thought StefanGP was in any way a race outfit. All you see is a balding chap wearing a jumper, of a pic of a few people around a table, or a Toyota-painted car. My biggest doubt is how does TTE allow this to go on? Their name is on the line here as well, and people are actually saying that Toyota is supporting Stefan, which does not sound the slightest bit true.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
rffp

Post by rffp »

A Brazilian journalist published saturday (Feb.27) in his blog (http://blog-do-ico.blogspot.com/) the following story:

Stefan GP has sent spare parts to Bahrein, but the Toyota purchased car remains in Cologne since the Serb team wannabe has not yet paid Toyota! Stefanovic has agreed to only pay the Japanese if he is granted a slot in the F-1 grid, which makes me wonder if the whole Portimão test was nothing but a charade.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

rffp wrote:A Brazilian journalist published saturday (Feb.27) in his blog (http://blog-do-ico.blogspot.com/) the following story:

Stefan GP has sent spare parts to Bahrein, but the Toyota purchased car remains in Cologne since the Serb team wannabe has not yet paid Toyota! Stefanovic has agreed to only pay the Japanese if he is granted a slot in the F-1 grid, which makes me wonder if the whole Portimão test was nothing but a charade.

Getting warmer now...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

rffp wrote:A Brazilian journalist published saturday (Feb.27) in his blog (http://blog-do-ico.blogspot.com/) the following story:

There's no reasonto believe Portimao was a charade. Not paying until he gets an entry makes a lot of sense; only an idiot (read: USF1) would do otherwise.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Eddie Jordan reckons Stefan will get in...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 544246.stm

Not sure he really knows what he's talking about, mind you.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Jynister

Post by Jynister »

I used to doubt Eddie, and I remember him saying Schumacher will return to F1 and at the time I thought he was just being a crazy old man. But he was right.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Eddie Jordan does, from time to time, seem to have a rather prophetic quality
Waris

Post by Waris »

Well, it looks like Eddie Jordan was - for the moment - wrong, but I fully expect Zoran Stefanovic to not be let down at all by this bad news and push on with his outfit, in his trademark cheerful fighting spirit, to be on the grid in 2011, presumably supported by Toyota, with the car they have now modified to fit whatever ungodly regulation changes they think up for 2-- oh wait, Jean Todt's the president of the FIA now, so I guess we won't see horrible regulation changes like that anymore. ^_^
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
karsten

Post by karsten »

I'm tne only one thinking that if SGP doesn't enter this year they'll have 00% chanches in 2011?
Missing the good old Minardi! T_T
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

I'm the only one who thinks that their attempts are all for nothing because they didn't put their name down in the first place, even when Prost fell by the wayside Phoenix/DART's attempts to get in reeked of exactly the same issues.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

It's looking grim at the moment for Stefan GP as they are not on the current entry list, but how could they, given the fact that this list was published only to remove USF1. I'd say they are not lost yet, whilst the FIA is checking their business.

To be honest, if they don't make it in this year, I don't expect them to try next year running one year old Toyotas.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

karsten wrote:I'm tne only one thinking that if SGP doesn't enter this year they'll have 00% chanches in 2011?

Nope, I agree with that.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Yannick wrote:It's looking grim at the moment for Stefan GP as they are not on the current entry list, but how could they, given the fact that this list was published only to remove USF1. I'd say they are not lost yet, whilst the FIA is checking their business.

To be honest, if they don't make it in this year, I don't expect them to try next year running one year old Toyotas.

Well the list also included Sauber when the last one didn't. It also shows Campos' name change so I think it's all over for Stefan GP if his aim really was to make the grid. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong though :P
Jordan

The truth about Stefan comes out...?

Post by Jordan »

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/332472/Stefan_GP_finances_unveiled/

Now, call me crazy, but i'm sure i'd seen some people standing up in this forum, long ago, and make bold claims that Stefan wasn't what it appeared. Well...guess you're right :lol:

Now, with that being said, they *did* appear to have a car, at least one driver, and were on the verge of signing another. So they seemed pretty legit for an illegitimate team
mario

Post by mario »

Apologies for bringing this up again, but it looks as if Stefan might actually be a much more questionable character then first appears, looking at this article over at F1Technical: http://www.f1technical.net/news/14333
For all Stefan's bold claims, it appears that his "military technology" company is in fact nothing more then a shell company. Somebody has gone through the Serbian company registry, where all the details about the company are registered. The company, a limited liability firm, was founded with the grand sum of €500 as it's starting capital on the 14th March 2008. Revenues for 2009 are recorded as being €3,315, yielding a net profit of €42.70.
Looks like Stefan might have pulled a Qadbak on Toyota - the difference being that at least he got something out of Toyota (even if it is just spare parts). And it's no wonder that the FIA is refusing to allow Stefan GP to attend any races...