Your Reject of the Race - Australia!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Pointrox

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Australia!

Post by Pointrox »

I'm slightly bored by Nick Heidfeld, of course :D
But I'll also consider Rubens Barrichello for premature ending of his quali performance.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Well if I remember correctly on his last hot lap Heidfeld was held up by one of the Virgins who in turn was held up but one of the HRTs trundling around the track miles off the pace so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. However no such benefit will be given to Rubens Barrichello for making a rookie error which shouldn't happen from someone of his experience.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

As of qualifying, I'm debating between Rubens Barrichello, Nick Heidfeld, Felipe Massa and the glorious HRT
I like the way Snrub thinks!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Captain Hammer wrote:
Klon wrote:You were too late.

Actually, Bob was too quick. It was decided last year that these threads should not be created until after FP3 at the earliest, the reason being to prevent a useless thread cluttering the forum and to allow the drivers time to actually do something Reject-worthy. Judging by the time-stamps on Bob's post, he created it within two minutes of Chandhok crashing, which meant he made it in the first five minutes of FP1. Which is way too soon.

OK, point made, let's move on. Maybe some newcomers to the forum aren't aware of the convention from previous years.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

eytl wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:
Klon wrote:You were too late.

Actually, Bob was too quick. It was decided last year that these threads should not be created until after FP3 at the earliest, the reason being to prevent a useless thread cluttering the forum and to allow the drivers time to actually do something Reject-worthy. Judging by the time-stamps on Bob's post, he created it within two minutes of Chandhok crashing, which meant he made it in the first five minutes of FP1. Which is way too soon.

OK, point made, let's move on. Maybe some newcomers to the forum aren't aware of the convention from previous years.

Still a bloody silly argument. Who cares WHO starts the thread (outside dear Cappin himself) as long as someone does?

Oh and on topic: my preliminary nominees are Heidfeld for being totally outclassed by Petrov and Rubinho for making a silly mistake on Q2.
No, I am not nominating HRT simply because that wasn't rejectful, it was expected.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Right now, I really can't see any other option than Heid Nickfeld. I mean, Hick Neidfeld. I mean, Nick Heidfeld. Sure, he may have held his own against Kubica at BMW, but his stocks have to be shot now that he was destroyed by Petrov in qualifying, who himself was destroyed by Kubica last year. There is the possibility that this was just a one-off, but it's still not good, performances like this was how Liuzzi lost his job and pretty much doomed his career last year.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Heidfeld had problems, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'll go for Hispania. Turning up with last year's front noses, and not even close to getting over the 107% cutoff.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Happy that the guys outside 107% are not allowed to start. I'd say that it's an extremely large margin. Yes, we may love rejects, but DNQ is rejectful in itself. They should be allowed to not qualify, like Lola, Yoong or Pacific back on the day. I would have nominated the race stewards if they had allowed the HRTs to start.

I'm tempted to nominate the not so-new teams as a whole. Virgin have not made the "real" 107% of pole time, which is 1:29.376, and Lotus have made it by the smallest of margins. I'm aware that the track gets rubbered in as the session progresses, but it's clear that Vettel could have gone faster than 1:25.2 in Q1 and therefore this 107% is actually bigger than 107%.

Still, people like Heidfeld and Barrichello are well placed for tomorrow.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Right now, I really can't see any other option than Heid Nickfeld. I mean, Hick Neidfeld. I mean, Nick Heidfeld. Sure, he may have held his own against Kubica at BMW, but his stocks have to be shot now that he was destroyed by Petrov in qualifying, who himself was destroyed by Kubica last year. There is the possibility that this was just a one-off, but it's still not good, performances like this was how Liuzzi lost his job and pretty much doomed his career last year.

Sounds like he may have had legitimate car problems, though.
AussieV8

Post by AussieV8 »

After not seeing much of the HRT's during practice today, and then seeing them woefully attempting to negotiate the corners in Q1 without getting close to the 107% time, I think it has to be HRT ;)
muttley

Post by muttley »

Felipe Massa made it at the last lap in Q1 and spun his car immediately after leaving the pits in Q3. I wonder what he must be going through in his mind.
resir014

Post by resir014 »

HRT.

Nuff said.
Phoenix wrote:"Read F1 Rejects, it never lies"

resir01 | A F1RWRS reject that nobody knows.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/resir014
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

The 107% rule was just re-introduced to ridicule the backmarkers and keep them out of F1 in the long run. That was a mean behaviour by the regulators. Goes to show why it's called the Piranha Club after all. Anyway, HRT debuting their car at Melbourne were not expected to make the 107% cut. And I don't want to waste this event's award on a rule that was designed to attract it. The real contenders shall not go unnoticed. Hence, my nominee so far is Veteran Drivers: Barrichello? Parked it. Heidfeld? Parked it, too. Schumacher? Well, P11 probably isn't exactly what he would have wished for. Webber? Beaten by his teammate. And yes, you could include Liuzzi and Karthikeyan in this argumentation as well because they are not exactly like young guns either are they?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Well, the award is really Reject of the Race, so we should wait until tomorrow for the final verdict... :)
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

muttley wrote:Felipe Massa made it at the last lap in Q1 and spun his car immediately after leaving the pits in Q3. I wonder what he must be going through in his mind.

That Robert Kubica will replace him at Ferrari next year?
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Captain Hammer wrote:
Bob wrote:Well someone had to!

And that someone is me. It's long been established that this is my baby. Mine!

For that reason, you are now crowned Reject of the Race for Melbourne. Don't do it again.

It's. Not. Yours.

Stop it.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Personally, I think the most rejectful thing I've seen so far this weekend is Barrichello's spin. He just let the car drift onto the grass, it was like he had his eyes closed!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Herr Sutil... nuff said....
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I nominate the doubters who thought Virgin wouldn't make it, only for both MVR-02s to not only qualify comfortably, but for Timo Glock to be just half a second behind Jarno Trulli.

I also nominate Australia for thinking Webber ever stood a chance against Vettel. And me, for so totally messing up my laundry schedule that I only have red to wear for qualifying and the race, in direct contradiction to my don't-wear-anything-that-could-make-people-think-you-support-Ferrari rule.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
GroupLotusRenault

Post by GroupLotusRenault »

It has to be HRT, they could of done so much better and doing no practice. Sounds like they might not make it past the fly away races with performances like that :!:
Engineering Student

"Is it because im Black" Lewis Hamilton 2011 Monaco GP No its because you dont ram people off the track.

Eric Bollouir- "the arrogence of the english" Says the one who runs a English team based in England
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Actually, they're running the 2010 wing because the 2011-spec front end failed a crash test. This has compromised their aerodynamics, but Liuzzi was still only 1.7 seconds off the 107% margin. It's entirely conceivable that he, at least, will be able to qualify on a regular basis when they finally get a new front wing.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

You cant say Hispania were reject of the race because they failed to qualify for it...
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Heidfeld had problems, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'll go for Hispania. Turning up with last year's front noses, and not even close to getting over the 107% cutoff.

He did indeed. I would say Vettel IF he screws up for any reason.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

ADx_Wales wrote:You cant say Hispania were reject of the race because they failed to qualify for it...

When an entire team hasn't DNQed on merit in more than a decade, I think it's fair to say.
Instant Mash

Post by Instant Mash »

I think I'm gonna have to say HRT... :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Rubens!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Barrichello and his turn 3 antics.
- He spun in turn 3 in Q2
- He left the track in turn 3 in lap 1
- He just hit Rosberg and spun... in turn 3!

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

DRS

Formula Catflap doesnt work. Especially when you limit it to one piece of track whenever the moon turns orange.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Barrichello, Webber and Heidfeld.
Last edited by Dj_bereta on 27 Mar 2011, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Keeping my vote as Nick Heidfeld ghastly qualifying and a truly anonymous race
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Barrichello
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I'm going to nominate Williams for Barrichello returning to 1993 while Maldonaldo's car broke down after a few laps. Dishonourable mention to Nick Heidfeld for being well and truely thrashed by Petrov
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
GroupLotusRenault

Post by GroupLotusRenault »

Quick Nick- for being so damm slow
Rubens- seems that he has past it now
HRT- Pretty obvious :lol:
DRS- Failing to make the racing any better
Engineering Student

"Is it because im Black" Lewis Hamilton 2011 Monaco GP No its because you dont ram people off the track.

Eric Bollouir- "the arrogence of the english" Says the one who runs a English team based in England
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

So many options. Well, we could go HRT for not qualifying at all, but I expected that. I don't really want to nominate Barrichello or Heidfeld, since I just don't want to. So I'm gonna go with the DRS, for providing us with two passes all race. Wow...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Keirdre

Post by Keirdre »

You can't give DRS RotR - it helped with two passes. Heidfeld did absolutely nothing, and his Russian team mate scored a podium.

Heidfeld for RotR!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

DRS, HEI, HRT, BAR and MSC.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, there is no denying that Rubens Barrichello had a pretty poor weekend. Although you might note he had a successful race before the incident with Rosberg. Nick Heidfeld was out of his depth as well. It's going to be either one of them.
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

1. Barrichello for ruining his and Rosberg's race with one ridiculously stupid move
2. Heidfeld. What was that?

Honourable mention for Massa for being passed by a guy who had a drive-through penalty.
Libertango

Post by Libertango »

DRS : complicated and useless
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

1ST Hispania Racing
Why did they even bother turning up this weekend?

2ND Nick Heidfeld
Absolute waste of space. Should have just given up for good at the end of 2009. Without attrition taking out various drivers he would have pretty much finished where he started.

3RD Williams
Rubens drove like a rookie all weekend, Maldonado was plain average, reliability troubles...their pre-season optimism as usual has amounted to absolutely zilch.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image