Alt-1954 - Season Review up!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DemocalypseNow

Re: TMLW/FantBR/Wizz/ASpd/Shdz/takagi/RDD/Lndner/WCat/Bisc/L

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Renzo will elect not to run the Bentley-Jaguar after all and cancel the deal.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
roblo97

Re: TMLW/FantBR/Wizz/ASpeed/Shadaza/takagi/RDD/Lndner/WCat/L

Post by roblo97 »

Vukovich can Drive Hamilton's car
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: TMLW/FantBR/Wizz/ASpd/Shdz/takagi/RDD/Lndner/WCat/Bisc/L

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione wrote:Renzo will elect not to run the Bentley-Jaguar after all and cancel the deal.
In which case the car is available for anyone to hire at the mere cost of transportation. Now I heard someone was in the market for a Speed 3...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Shadaza

Re: TMLW/FantBR/Wizzie/ASpeed/Shadaza/takagi/RDD/Londoner/WC

Post by Shadaza »

If it is not too late, please fix all damage on the Ultimate cars.
Message me on Discord.
FantometteBR

Re: TMLW/FantBR/Wizzie/AeroSpeed/takagi/RDD/Londoner/WCat -

Post by FantometteBR »

Maserati will fix all the damage in the chassis AM53 3 at time to run the race
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Why do I suddenly need to repair chassis 3? It wasn't on the list post-race, and has been out of action since Britain, when I specifically said I'd give up on it. Parnell should be entered in the same combination Schell used.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Jaguar will pay for the repair of engine 1, and half the repair costs for engine 14
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I will repair everything I need to
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Nuppiz wrote:
Biscione wrote:Renzo will elect not to run the Bentley-Jaguar after all and cancel the deal.
In which case the car is available for anyone to hire at the mere cost of transportation. Now I heard someone was in the market for a Speed 3...

The Bardahl Oil Company would like to lease the car for Sebring for 1954 AAA championship leader Jimmy Bryan. We'd also like to talk to Bentley to lease a second Speed 3 for Chuck Stevenson since Vukovich decided that DNQing for RRAC would be a better idea, which will be combined with the remaining Jaguar engine available (JFE-2 11) for the event
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wizzie wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

The Bardahl Oil Company would like to lease the car for Sebring for 1954 AAA championship leader Jimmy Bryan. We'd also like to talk to Bentley to lease a second Speed 3 for Chuck Stevenson since Vukovich decided that DNQing for RRAC would be a better idea, which will be combined with the remaining Jaguar engine available (JFE-2 11) for the event

Funny, I thought Bardahl were leasing a pair of Ferraris for Sebring... :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Considering how many of the wretched things you've gone through this year, you're probably better off keeping them as spares :P

Now that you mention it though, I did agree to lease a pair of them at some point... I think :lol:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Wizzie wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Considering how many of the wretched things you've gone through this year, you're probably better off keeping them as spares :P

Now that you mention it though, I did agree to lease a pair of them at some point... I think :lol:

In the meantime, you still haven't officially entered Bardahl, so do it, and do it quickly :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Re: Alt-1954 Aerospeed/takagi/Londoner/WaffleCat - IN HERE N

Post by Londoner »

HRA will repair the damaged chassis of David Hampshire.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
takagi_for_the_win

Re: Alt-1954 Aerospeed/takagi_ftw/WaffleCat - IN HERE NOW!

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Would it be possible to whack the working engine into the working chassis? If so, than we'll enter Mieres only. If not possible, we'll repair both the engine and chassis and enter both drivers.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
tommykl

Re: Alt-1954 Aerospeed/takagi_ftw/WaffleCat - IN HERE NOW!

Post by tommykl »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Would it be possible to whack the working engine into the working chassis? If so, than we'll enter Mieres only. If not possible, we'll repair both the engine and chassis and enter both drivers.

It is indeed possible :)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt-1954 Aerospeed/WaffleCat - IN HERE NOW!

Post by Hermann95 »

Loyer would like to replace Kling with Hawthorn for Sebring.
tommykl

Re: Alt-1954 - Sebring in preparation

Post by tommykl »

Right then, the deadline has been passed, which means that Trintignant and Macklin have been pulled from the entry list, leaving 33 entries.

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

After talking with Tommy in the chatroom, he gave permission for me to enter a new team for the 1954 Italian Grand Prix.

Trod van Hoff Racing
Trod van Hoff is a baron with a dream, a dream of making his name famous in the whole word. With all of his power (you can't have too much power) and connections, he finally got his big chance of making his dream come true: when in 1954, he got an entrie accepted for the 1954 Italian Grand Prix. With the help of a team of young enginners, led by veteran designer Rudolf Uhlenhaut, who reportedly got paid 5000 of the baron's money to design car. The baron then got in contact with german driver, Fritz Riess, who saw a chance of breaking into the big boys league and accepted the invite imediatelly. The team was ready: they we're ready for the big guns. The team is based in the city of Wiesbaden, working on a small workshop inside the baron's mansion, in Germany.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Miguel98 wrote:After talking with Tommy in the chatroom, he gave permission for me to enter a new team for the 1954 Italian Grand Prix.

Trod van Hoff Racing
Trod van Hoff is a baron with a dream, a dream of making his name famous in the whole word. With all of his power (you can't have too much power) and connections, he finally got his big chance of making his dream come true: when in 1954, he got an entrie accepted for the 1954 Italian Grand Prix. With the help of a team of young enginners, led by veteran designer Rudolf Uhlenhaut, who reportedly got paid 5000 of the baron's money to design car. The baron then got in contact with german driver, Fritz Riess, who saw a chance of breaking into the big boys league and accepted the invite imediatelly. The team was ready: they we're ready for the big guns. The team is based in the city of Wiesbaden, working on a small workshop inside the baron's mansion, in Germany.

The O.S.C.A. 156s is a top-level engine available for 17 500, which is the cheapest of all similarily competetive engines available.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

In the news
August 22nd - France opposed to German rearmament

August 22nd - Louison Bobet wins World Road Cycling championship

August 24th - Brazilian president Getulio Vargas resigns and commits suicide

August 30th - French Parliament refuses European Defence Community

September 2nd - Populist China attacks Nationalist China's Quemoy Islands

September 4th - 10 000 POWs released by Viêt-minh; 40 000 POWs dead in the camps

September 4th - American fighter plane shot down over Siberia

September 4th - France agrees to talks over Tunisian internal autonomy

September 4th 1954, United States Grand Prix qualifying

There are now only two races left in the 1954 Formula One season, and what a championship it's been. In seven races, there have been six different winners, and none of them is the championship leader. Sitting on six consecutive second places, 1952 champion Bira is set to take a second world title, while the only driver now capable of stopping him is his own teammate, Dries van der Lof, who is the only multiple race winner of the season with victories at Silverstone and the Nürburgring. The constructors' and entrants' titles are also up for grabs, with JAMR only having a 13-point lead over ART.

To secure the title here, here is what Bira must do.

-Win the race;
-Finish on the podium and hope that van der Lof does not win;
-Finish in the top five and hope that van der Lof does not finish in the top two;
-Finish in the top six and hope that van der Lof does not finish on the podium;
-Hope that van der Lof does not finish in the top four.

For the third time, Formula One heads to Sebring for the United States Grand Prix. 33 drivers will compete for the 32 grid spots, making for a very tense battle at the rear.

2. Cliff Bergere (Cliff Bergere) - Mercedes WM-1 chassis 1, Bentley 84-1 engine 1
4. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo SpA) - Alfa Romeo AR160 chassis 1, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 1
6. André Pilette (Alfa Romeo SpA) - Alfa Romeo AR160 chassis 3, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 3
8. Peter Whitehead (Alfa Romeo SpA) - Alfa Romeo AR160 chassis 2, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 2
10. Louis Chiron (Leader) - Leader LF153 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 4
12. Mike Hawthorn (Loyer Racing) - Loyer LR101 chassis 1, Ferrari 555 engine 8
14. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix Racing Organisation) - Phoenix PRO-2 chassis 1, Mercedes UM153 engine 11
16. Tony Bettenhausen (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 11, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 1
18. Dries van der Lof (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 3, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 3
20. B. Bira (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 2, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 2
22. Robert Manzon (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 1, Gordini ART-004 engine 1
24. Consalvo Sanesi (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 2, Gordini ART-004 engine 2
26. Peter Collins (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 3, Gordini ART-004 engine 3
28. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 4, Gordini ART-004 engine 4
30. Maria Teresa de Filippis (BRUNEL) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 4, Bentley 163-1 engine 7
32. Troy Ruttman (Asso di Fiori) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 5, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 8
34. Luigi Villoresi (Asso di Fiori) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 10, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 10
36. Reg Parnell (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 555 chassis 9, Ferrari 555 engine 3
38. Dorino Serafini (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 555 chassis 10, Ferrari 555 engine 2
40. Jack Brabham (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 555 chassis 1, Ferrari 555 engine 5
42. Roberto Mieres (Erne Racing Development) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 8, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 15
44. Umberto Maglioli (Scuderia Ambrosiana) - Ambrosiana A-003 chassis 1, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 5
46. Porfirio Rubirosa (Scuderia Ambrosiana) - Ambrosiana A-003 chassis 2, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 6
48. Bill Vukovich (Royal Racing Automobile Company) - Bentley 53C chassis 2, Mercedes UM153 engine 12
50. David Hampshire (Hampshire Racing Alliance) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 5, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 4
52. Paul Frère (Officine Alfieri Maserati) - Maserati AM53 chassis 1, Maserati AM53 engine 1
54. Ron Flockhart (Officine Alfieri Maserati) - Maserati AM53 chassis 2, Maserati AM53 engine 2
56. Edgar Barth (Team Ultimate) - Ultimate chassis 002a, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 5
58. Jean Behra (Team Ultimate) - Ultimate chassis 002b, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 6
60. Giannino Marzotto (Officine Renzo) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 5, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 7
62. Toulo de Graffenried (Officine Renzo) - Ferrari 555 chassis 7, Ferrari 555 engine 11
64. John Fitch (F.H. Warden Competition) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 6, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 5
66. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes-Benz Team Europe) - Mercedes WM-2 chassis 1, Mercedes UM153 engine 5

-As in 1953, American veteran Cliff Bergere makes an appearance in an old Mercedes with an underpowered Bentley engine.
-After the failure of the Mercedes works team, a single car will be entered for Ecclestone until the end of the year while waiting for a potential buyer.
-As planned, Scuderia Anglo-Italia will not make an appearance in Sebring, despite faint rumours of two independent entries from the Bentley side of the team which didn't materialise.
-After years of underperforming, Stirling Moss has finally been sacked by the works Alfa Romeo team, with Belgian ace André Pilette taking the drive for the last two races. Pilette already drove an Alfa Romeo for ENB in 1951.
-For budget reasons, Loyer will only field a single car for the ever-improving Mike Hawthorn. Kling was originially supposed to drive the car but was replaced at the last second.
-JAMR have been reduced to three cars instead of the usual four as Maurice Trintignant's chassis couldn't be repaired in time to make the trip to Florida.
-Reatherson will also have to skip Sebring after failing to repair Macklin's chassis.
-Anglo Racing Engineering will also skip this round due to budget issues.
-BRUNEL, meanwhile, make their second entry of the season, entering de Filippis like they did last year.
-With Parnell having recovered from his injury, he returns to Ferrari, as does Dorino Serafini, back from his "exile" at Renzo, and Ferrari return to their usual three-car formation, with now de facto team leader Brabham in the third car.
-Erne were faced with a heavy setback after both cars were damaged in Germany. However, in a good display of pragmatism, the working parts of both cars were put together and shipped to Sebring for the race.
-Despite their financial woes, RRAC send the Bentley-Merc to Sebring, giving a drive to Indy 500 winner Bill Vukovich.
-David Hampshire finally repaired the damage his car received in Switzerland and makes his way to Sebring.
-Both Ultimates have also been repaired. The high-stakes US Grand Prix is a golden opportunity to bring some much-needed cash into the team's bank account.
-F.H. Warden Competition originally planned to enter two cars, then none, then finally a single car for home hero John Fitch. This may be their last shot at making a race this season.
-With Serafini returning to Ferrari, de Graffenried comes back to Renzo to drive the Ferrari alongside Marzotto in the O.S.C.A.
-Rennkollektiv EMW and Assasti Millanti join other small outfits on the sidelines due to recurring financial trouble.

Miguel98 wrote:After talking with Tommy in the chatroom, he gave permission for me to enter a new team for the 1954 Italian Grand Prix.

Trod van Hoff Racing

You get £125 000. You now need to name your chassis, state how much you want to invest in it and buy an engine.

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

The Baron is willing to spend 80000 in building the chassis, while the engine, since there have been contacts with O.S.C.A., the team will buy one O.S.C.A. 156 for 17 500. The car will be named the TVHR100.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Germany in preparation

Post by DanielPT »

This wrote:Defenitely there is. It is my plan to help Belgian drivers break trough, and i don't have the budget to run them all at the same time in my own team. It's obvious that Pilette is just too good to just drive around in the lower midfield, plus this will give Gendebien and Bianchi more opportunity!

Edit: does that means i get Moss back in return? :lol:

Why not? Yes, yes you can! :)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Here's qualifying performance.

Ascari - 114
Brabham - 114
Sanesi - 113
Pilette - 110
Serafini - 107
Chiron - 105
Frère - 105
de Graffenried - 105
Ruttman - 104
Villoresi - 104
Barth - 104
Flockhart - 103
Rubirosa - 102
Maglioli - 101
Farina - 101
Hawthorn - 101
Bira - 101
Hampshire - 101
Fitch - 101
Manzon - 100
Whitehead - 100
Behra - 99
Bergere - 98
Ramos - 98
Mieres - 98
Vukovich - 98
Marzotto - 95
Collins - 94
Parnell - 93
Ecclestone - 91
van der Lof - 87
Bettenhausen - 86
de Filippis - 86

So, SanesiPolesLol.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tommykl wrote:So, SanesiPolesLol.

And probably FrèreDNQlol. But judging by his performance, he might outqualify somebody this time!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

This wrote:
tommykl wrote:So, SanesiPolesLol.

And probably FrèreDNQlol. But judging by his performance, he might outqualify somebody this time!

Yeah, Vukovich maybe! :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Qualifying
1. Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) - 3:30.23
2. Jack Brabham (Ferrari) - 3:32.42
3. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo) - 3:32.77
4. B. Bira (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 3:33.51
5. Dorino Serafini (Ferrari) - 3:34.06
6. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Gordini) - 3:34.39
7. Peter Whitehead (Alfa Romeo) - 3:34.41
8. Robert Manzon (Gordini) - 3:35.07
9. Peter Collins (Gordini) - 3:35.55
10. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix-Mercedes) - 3:35.63
11. André Pilette (Alfa Romeo) - 3:36.16
12. Dries van der Lof (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 3:36.73
13. Tony Bettenhausen (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 3:37.00
14. Reg Parnell (Ferrari) - 3:37.34
15. Troy Ruttman (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 3:38.07
16. Porfirio Rubirosa (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) - 3:38.49
17. Edgar Barth (Ultimate-O.S.C.A.) - 3:39.35
18. Toulo de Graffenried (Ferrari) - 3:39.48
19. Luigi Villoresi (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 3:40.36
20. David Hampshire (Bentley) - 3:42.23
21. Giannino Marzotto (O.S.C.A.) - 3:42.38
22. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes) - 3:43.52
23. Roberto Mieres (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 3:43.66
24. Umberto Maglioli (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) - 3:44.34
25. John Fitch (Bentley) - 3:44.71
26. Jean Behra (Ultimate-O.S.C.A.) - 3:45.72
27. Mike Hawthorn (Loyer-Ferrari) - 3:45.81
28. Louis Chiron (Leader-O.S.C.A.) - 3:46.48
29. Maria Teresa de Filippis (O.S.C.A.-Bentley) - 3:48.60
30. Ron Flockhart (Maserati) - 3:48.81
31. Paul Frère (Maserati) - 3:49.68
32. Bill Vukovich (Bentley-Mercedes) - 3:50.37
33. Cliff Bergere (Mercedes-Bentley) - 3:55.02

And it was neither Frère nor Vukovich who failed to qualify, but instead Cliff Bergere, who was over 25 seconds behind the pole sitter! This means that both Maseratis and the RRAC car will start the race! Meanwhile, Consalvo Sanesi takes the ninth pole position of his career.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Race performances

Maglioli 32
Whitehead 22
Sanesi 21
van der Lof 21
Marzotto 21
Collins 17
Rubirosa 10
Villoresi 10
Pilette 9
Bettenhausen 9
Flockhart 8
Parnell 5
Mieres 5
Ramos 3
Vukovich 3
Hampshire 2
Chiron 1
Brabham -2
Frère -2
Serafini -5
de Graffenried -5
Bira -6
Farina -9
Ecclestone -9
Manzon -10
Ascari -13
Barth -16
de Filippis -16
Behra -17
Ruttman -18
Fitch -22
Hawthorn -22

Due to the searing heat of Florida in the Summer, there will be many, many retirements. Only 10 cars are expected to finish, and in the 22 retirements, there will be four engine failures and five accidents: 1 Cat. 5 crash, 1 Cat. 4 crash, 2 Cat. 3 crashes and 1 Cat. 1 crash.

HawkAussie

Re: Alt-1954 - Sebring qualifying up!

Post by HawkAussie »

We are going to spend 10,000 euros on upgrading the chassis for one last dash in Italy.
Officially Retired
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

HawkAussie wrote:We are going to spend 10,000 euros on upgrading the chassis for one last dash in Italy.

A chassis upgrade is £6 250...

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

September 5th 1954, United States Grand Prix

Giuseppe Farina got the early lead from Sanesi and Brabham. On lap 2, the race was already in full swing when Dorino Serafini slid off the circuit at high speed and collided head on with an earth bank. The car was badly damaged, but Serafini got out of the car unaided, although in visible pain. On the very next lap, the race for the championship got all the more interesting as Bira defended too hard against André Pilette and took himself out of the race. Pilette continued briefly, but the accident punctured his tyre and forced him to retire. Bernie Ecclestone's engine gave up at the same time, leaving 28 drivers only four laps in.

Farina took the lead again on lap 5, but a different race ended on the following lap. Dries van der Lof's gearbox let go, handing the world championship to B. Bira for the second time. JAMR's race was completely ended two laps later when Bettenhausen's suspension failed. At the very front, Sanesi retook the lead from Farina on lap 10. The drivers were then reduced to 24 when Peter Collins' steering failed and the Brit stopped his Gordini in the runoff. Marzotto then span on oil and joined him in the runoff. On the very next lap, Ascari's oil line failed and Edgar Barth's engine failed, leaving 22 drivers after just 13 laps. In the meantime, Sanesi decided to set a token fastest lap.

The race for the win lost some of its fighting spirit when Farina's gearbox expired, as did Ron Flockhart's clutch. On lap 18, it was Louis Chiron's gearbox that overheated. Two laps later, Brabham's clutch overheated as well, out of third place. The race took a turn for the worse on lap 22 when John Fitch slid on oil at high speed and collided with a supporting pole for the spectator bridge. The car was bent around the pole, and Fitch was taken to hospital, conscious but it serious condition.

But the retirements didn't end there, as Roberto Mieres' engine overheated at the same time as Mike Hawthorn's clutch, leaving 15 drivers, then 13 on lap 27 when Robert Manzon had an oil leak. The oil flew into Parnell's face, causing him to crash. The oil burned his face, but he appeared to be otherwise injured. Manzon and Parnell were fourth and fifth, meaning that with 15 laps left, Sanesi led from Ramos, Whitehead, Villoresi, Rubirosa and Hampshire. Ramos then crashed out, elevating Rubirosa to third place after passing Villoresi and Maglioli to the final points place, which he did not keep as de Graffenried passed him on lap 33, but he took it again three laps later!

Ambrosiana would have to rely on Maglioli for points now, as Porfirio Rubirosa retired from a safe third place with yet another gearbox failure, just four laps from the end! Immediately, Maglioli took over and tried to pass Hampshire for what was now fourth place, but he came just short. On the final lap, Jean Behra's brakes failed out of ninth place, leaving ten cars to cross the finish line. Sanesi took his fourth career victory, with Whitehead taking a relieving second place ahead of Luigi Villoresi, who scored Asso di Fiori's first podium of the season. David Hampshire secured a very popular fourth place from Umberto Maglioli and Renzo's Toulo de Graffenried.

1. Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) 2:37:40.92
2. Peter Whitehead (Alfa Romeo) +1:27.99
3. Luigi Villoresi (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +3 laps
4. David Hampshire (Bentley) +4 laps
5. Umberto Maglioli (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) +4 laps
6. Toulo de Graffenried (Ferrari) +4 laps
7. Troy Ruttman (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +4 laps
8. Maria Teresa de Filippis (O.S.C.A.-Bentley) +5 laps
9. Porfirio Rubirosa (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) +5 laps/Gearbox
10. Jean Behra (Ultimate-O.S.C.A.) +6 laps/Brakes
11. Paul Frère (Maserati) +6 laps
12. Bill Vukovich (Bentley-Mercedes) +6 laps
Ret. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Gordini) +12 laps/Accident
Ret. Robert Manzon (Gordini) +16 laps/Oil leak
Ret. Reg Parnell (Ferrari) +17 laps/Accident
Ret. Roberto Mieres (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +20 laps/Engine
Ret. Mike Hawthorn (Loyer-Ferrari) +21 laps/Clutch
Ret. John Fitch (Bentley) +22 laps/Accident
Ret. Jack Brabham (Ferrari) +23 laps/Clutch
Ret. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo) +26 laps/Gearbox
Ret. Louis Chiron (Leader-O.S.C.A.) +26 laps/Gearbox
Ret. Ron Flockhart (Maserati) +27 laps/Clutch
Ret. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix-Mercedes) +30 laps/Oil line
Ret. Edgar Barth (Ultimate-O.S.C.A.) +30 laps/Engine
Ret. Giannino Marzotto (O.S.C.A.) +31 laps/Spin
Ret. Peter Collins (Gordini) +32 laps/Steering
Ret. Tony Bettenhausen (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +35 laps/Suspension
Ret. Dries van der Lof (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +37 laps/Gearbox
Ret. André Pilette (Alfa Romeo) +39 laps/Puncture
Ret. B. Bira (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +40 laps/Collision
Ret. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes) +40 laps/Engine
Ret. Dorino Serafini (Ferrari) +41 laps/Accident

Fastest lap: Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) - 3:36.24

Championship standings
Drivers

1. B. Bira - 36 (WORLD CHAMPION)
2. Dries van der Lof - 24
3. Hernando da Silva Ramos - 17
4. Jack Brabham - 14
5. Consalvo Sanesi - 13
6. Tony Bettenhausen - 12 (1 win, 1 4th, 5 Rets)
=. Robert Manzon - 12 (1 win, 1 4th, 5 Rets)
8. Giuseppe Farina - 11
9. José Froilan Gonzalez - 9
10. Porfirio Rubirosa - 7 (1 3rd, 1 4th)
11. Peter Collins - 7 (1 3rd, 1 5th)
12. Dorino Serafini - 7 (2 4ths)
13. Peter Whitehead - 6
14. Luigi Villoresi - 4 (1 3rd, 1 11th)
15. Reg Parnell - 4 (1 3rd, 3 Rets)
16. David Hampshire - 4 (1 4th)
17. Toulo de Graffenried - 3 (1 5th, 1 6th, 1 7th)
18. Maurice Trintignant - 3 (1 5th, 1 6th, 5 Rets)
19. Stirling Moss - 2 (1 5th, 2 7ths)
20. Maria Teresa de Filippis - 2 (1 5th, 1 8th)
21. Umberto Maglioli - 2 (1 5th, 1 DNQ)
22. Tony Gaze - 1

Constructors
1. Aston Martin-Jaguar - 51
2. Gordini - 43
3. Ferrari - 20
4. Alfa Romeo - 19
5. O.S.C.A.-Bentley - 9 (1 2nd)
6. Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo - 9 (1 3rd)
7. Bentley - 4
8. O.S.C.A. - 3

Entrants
1. Jaguar Aston Martin Racing - 47
2. Alexander Racing Team - 43
3. Alfa Romeo SpA - 19 (1 win, 1 2nd)
4. Scuderia Ferrari - 19 (1 win, 1 3rd)
5. Scuderia Anglo-Italia - 9 (1 2nd)
6. Scuderia Ambrosiana - 9 (1 3rd)
7. Asso di Fiori - 5
8. Hampshire Racing Alliance - 4
9. Maria Teresa de Filippis - 2 (1 5th)
10. Officine Renzo - 2 (2 6ths)

Post-race report coming soon.

tommykl

Re: Alt-1954 - We have a champion!

Post by tommykl »

Post-race report
Injuries

Three drivers were injured during the United States Grand Prix.
-Dorino Serafini broke his right ankle in his accident and while he will be able to walk in a cast, he will not be cleared to drive in Monza, and his recovery is expected to last two months.
-Reg Parnell suffered minor burns to his face and hands from Robert Manzon's oil and will need to rest for a week, but is cleared to race in Italy, provided he wears suitable bandaging.
-John Fitch did not suffer any internal injuries during his major accident, but both of his legs were shattered upon impact, as was his pelvis. He also suffered damage to his spine, and while he is expected to be able to walk again, recovery is expected to take a few years.

Damage
Ramos' chassis (G-953 chassis 4) - £13 422
Parnell's chassis (555 chassis 9) - £12 279
Mieres' engine (JFE-2 engine 15) - £11 325
Fitch's chassis (Speed 4 chassis 6) - £20 277
Barth's engine (156s engine 5) - £19 971
Marzotto's chassis (F154 chassis 5) - £3 649
Bira's chassis (AM-04 chassis 2) - £857
Ecclestone's engine (UM153 engine 5) - £18 189
Serafini's chassis (555 chassis 10) - £15 746

Prize money (distance)
Consalvo Sanesi - £2 000
Peter Whitehead - £2 000
Luigi Villoresi - £1 929
David Hampshire - £1 905
Umberto Maglioli - £1 905
Toulo de Graffenried - £1 905
Troy Ruttman - £1 905
Maria Teresa de Filippis - £1 881
Porfirio Rubirosa - £1 881
Jean Behra - £1 857
Paul Frère - £1 857
Bill Vukovich - £1 857
Hernando da Silva Ramos - £1 714
Robert Manzon - £1 619
Reg Parnell - £1 595
Roberto Mieres - £1 524
Mike Hawthorn - £1 500
John Fitch - £1 476
Jack Brabham - £1 452
Giuseppe Farina - £1 381
Louis Chiron - £1 381
Ron Flockhart - £1 357
Alberto Ascari - £1 286
Edgar Barth - £1 286
Giannino Marzotto - £1 262
Peter Collins - £1 238
Tony Bettenhausen - £1 167
Dries van der Lof - £1 119
André Pilette - £1 071
B. Bira - £1 048
Bernie Ecclestone - £1 048
Dorino Serafini - £1 023
Cliff Bergere - £500

Prize money (position)
Consalvo Sanesi - £49 500
Peter Whitehead - £45 000
Luigi Villoresi - £41 500
David Hampshire - £38 000
Umberto Maglioli - £34 500
Toulo de Graffenried - £31 000
Troy Ruttman - £28 500
Maria Teresa de Filippis - £26 000
Porfirio Rubirosa - £23 500
Jean Behra - £21 000
Paul Frère - £18 500
Bill Vukovich - £17 000
Hernando da Silva Ramos - £15 500
Robert Manzon - £14 000
Reg Parnell - £12 500
Roberto Mieres - £11 000
Mike Hawthorn - £10 000
John Fitch - £9 000
Jack Brabham - £8 000
Giuseppe Farina - £7 000
Louis Chiron - £6 000
Ron Flockhart - £5 500
Alberto Ascari - £5 000
Edgar Barth - £4 500
Giannino Marzotto - £4 000
Peter Collins - £3 500
Tony Bettenhausen - £3 000
Dries van der Lof - £2 500
André Pilette - £2 000
B. Bira - £1 500
Bernie Ecclestone - £1 000
Dorino Serafini - £500

Budgets have been updated.

Also, it's that time of year again.
It's time to vote on the calendar for 1955.

-You can state up to 10 circuits you wish to see on the calendar.
-You are allowed to come up with your own street circuit.
-Both of the above statements are dependent on whether or not your proposal is reasonable, which is up to me to decide :P
-The calendar will feature between 8 and 11 rounds, the number of which will depend on how many votes each circuit receives.
-When the races are known, there will be a secondary vote relating to the order of the races.
-Voting closes whenever I see fit.

Without further ado, it's time to vote for circuits! :)

FantometteBR

Re: Alt-1954 - We have a champion/Vote for the 1955 calendar

Post by FantometteBR »

My list (the order is irrelevant)

-Monza
-Buenos Aires
-Nurburgring
-Silverstone
-Spa-Francochamps
-Zandvoort
-Aintree
-Pedralbes
-Sebring
-Pescara
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Vote tally
1. Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Italian GP) - 14
2. Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Belgian GP) - 12
3. Circuit Park Zandvoort (Dutch GP) - 12
4. Nürburgring Nordschleife (German GP) - 11
5. Anfa Street Circuit (Moroccan GP) - 10
6. Migalovo Airfield (Soviet GP) - 10
7. Silverstone Circuit (British GP) - 9
8. Holyroodhouse Street Circuit (Scottish GP) - 7
9. Circuito de Monsanto (Portuguese GP) - 7
10. Circuit de Monte Carlo (Monaco GP) - 7

11. Reims-Gueux (French GP) - 6
12. Aintree Motor Racing Circuit (English GP) - 5
13. El Gezirah Park Circuit (Egyptian GP) - 4
14. Indianapolis Motor Speedway (Indy 500) - 3
15. Sebring International Raceway (United States GP) - 3
16. Watkins Glen (US GP East) - 3
17. Autódromo 17 de Octubre (Argentine GP) - 2
18. Bernauer Autobahnschleife (East German GP) - 2
19. Ardmore Airport (New Zealand GP) - 2
20. Kristianstad (Swedish GP) - 2
21. Dundrod Circuit (Ulster GP) - 2
22. Circuit de Pedralbes (Spanish GP) - 1
23. Pescara Circuit (Pescara GP) - 1
24. Favorita Park (Sicilian GP) - 1
25. Autodromo di Pergusa (Sicilian GP) - 1
26. Circuit de Linas-Montlhéry (Paris GP) - 1
27. Cumberland Airfield (US GP South) - 1
28. Roskildering (Danish GP) - 1
29. Opatija (Yugoslav GP) - 1
30. Thruxton Circuit (Hampshire GP) - 1
31. Road America (US GP North) - 1
32. Windsor Field (Bahamian GP) - 1
33. Mount Panorama Circuit (Australian GP) - 1
34. Rouen-les-Essarts (Norman GP) - 1

Circuits currently making the calendar are in bold.
Circuits which would require a secondary vote are in italic.
Last edited by tommykl on 12 Sep 2014, 18:46, edited 10 times in total.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I'm voting Francorchamps, Nürburgring, Monza and Zandvoort, and don't care much about the others, as theres no budget for us to do more than that anyway. :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Renzo wish to make the following propositions;

[Fictional proposal] 1955 Scottish Grand Prix
A modified version of my previously mentioned street circuit elsewhere in F1R, changed to account for roads that didn't exist back in 1955 according to Ordnance Survey maps from the period (the National Library was finally useful for something! :P). This is an opportunity to blast through a spectacular city settting, with elevated sections running criss-cross with other parts of track below. The Queen herself will have prime seats, with cars going past her residence at Holyroodhouse.

Route,

1955 Gran Premio di Sicilia
This is an event Renzo feels to be crucial to the World Championship. Sicily is a heartland of world motorsport, host to the famous Targa Florio race. We have considered multiple venues to host this event;

Location One - Favorita Park, Palermo
Favorita Park is our favourite location for the track - primarily because our team's base is located in this very place! This track was previously used to host the Targa Florio in the late 30s, so already has an esteemed history.

We want to combined the two previous layouts into a single, longer track, utilising both Viale Degli Aranci and Viale del Fante.

Location Two - Autodromo di Pergusa
An alternative, a racing circut instead of a street track, is the Autodromo di Pergusa

1955 Grand Prix de Maroc
We also propose a return to Casablanca, and to be more specific, the Anfa circuit. To be truly known as a world championship, we must visit other continents, however Morocco's close proximity to the Mediterranean countries of Europe makes it an inexpensive addition to the calendar.

Other races we want to see on the calendar;
Spa-Francorchamps
Monza
Aintree
Zandvoort
Linas-Montlhéry
Migalovo Circuit, Kalinin
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 11 Sep 2014, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Bernie C. Ecclestone, having been charged to vote for Mercedes, will vote for the following races:

Kalinin Grand Prix - Migalovo Circuit
A race in the Soviet Union is bound to get Soviet engineering into Formula One, opening all teams chances of access to new potential technologies. Oh, yeah, understanding your fellow humans, promoting world peace, blah-di-blah-di-blah...

Argentinian Grand Prix - Autódromo 17 de Octubre

British Grand Prix - Aintree Motor Racing Circuit

Eygpt Grand Prix - El Gezirah Park Circuit

German Grand Prix - Bernauer Schleife

Indianapolis 500 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Scottish Grand Prix - Holyroodhouse Street Circuit (biscione's proposal)

New Zealand Grand Prix - Ardmore Circuit

Portugese Grand Prix - Circuito de Monsanto

Ulster Grand Prix - Dundrod Circuit
Last edited by Klon on 11 Sep 2014, 17:47, edited 2 times in total.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

The Baron decides to enter the voting and chooses:

Portuguese Grand Prix - Monsanto

Italian Grand Prix - Autodromo Nationale Monza

Belgium Grand Prix - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

Indianapolis 500 - Indianapolis

British Grand Prix - Silverstone

Morocco Grand Prix - Anfa Circuit

Scottish Grand Prix - Holyroodhouse Street Circuit

United States Grand Prix - Cumberland

Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort

Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

A little part of the audience would like to vote for the following tracks :

Soviet GP : Migalovo Airfield
Portuguese GP : Circuito de Monsanto
East German GP : Bernauer Autobahnschleife
Scottish GP : Holyroodhouse Street Circuit
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Nile Grand Prix - El Gezirah Park Circuit
Belgium Grand Prix - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
French Grand Prix - Reims
Indianapolis 500 - Indianapolis
British Grand Prix - Silverstone
Morocco Grand Prix - Anfa Circuit
Scottish Grand Prix - Holyroodhouse Street Circuit
Danish Grand Prix - Roskilde
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Morrocan Grand Prix - Ain Diab
Swedish Grand Prix - Kristianstad
Belguim Grand Prix - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Yugoslav Grand Prix - Opatija
German Grand Prix - Nurburgring
British Grand Prix - Thruxton
Portuguese Grand Prix - Monsanto
US Grand Prix - Road America
Grand Prix of the Bahamas - Windsor Field

In other news Gordini will repair all damage
Last edited by Peteroli34 on 11 Sep 2014, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.