rFAF1 1980: SEASON OVER

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: rFAF1 1980 - Upgrades, Nominate Test drivers

Post by Nessafox »

FMecha wrote:Tyrrell will file a complaint with the FISA because we view Renault's engine discount for ACF members violates antitrust laws. :roll:

Hereby, Tyrrell encourages teams not aligned to ACF or SOFA to immediately boycott Renault. :evil:

UIT supports your complaints. We think Renault is blackmailing teams in return for political support, and we strongly believe that every team has the right to its own opinion and should not be played against each other.
That's why teams should run Hart-engines and Avon-tyres! You don't need any discount, because they are affordable in the first place!
Also we think SOFA are cowards because they refuse to have an opinion until the damage is already done.

Oh and we would like to offer Nigel Mansell to Brabham as Piquet's replacement. We've seen pictures of the crash and it looked bad, we're glad that Nelson survived! We should absolutely make F1 a lot safer!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jean-Luc Knighte wrote:I would like to offer my condolences on behalf of myself and the entirety of FISA to Nelson Piquet and his family. FISA have launched a committee to evaluate the safety of Formula One, with the aim to make the sport safer for all. I will sayfor definite that although FISA are naturally concerned by the accident, we will not be making any knee-jerk reactions as a result.

Renault will fully support this committee, and will assist in any way possible.

This wrote:
FMecha wrote:Tyrrell will file a complaint with the FISA because we view Renault's engine discount for ACF members violates antitrust laws. :roll:

Hereby, Tyrrell encourages teams not aligned to ACF or SOFA to immediately boycott Renault. :evil:

UIT supports your complaints. We think Renault is blackmailing teams in return for political support, and we strongly believe that every team has the right to its own opinion and should not be played against each other.

Renault agrees that every team should have the right to it's opinion and that they should not be played against each other, which is why we are trying to unite all teams under the ACF banner so we can all present a united front and have an open forum for discussion. The discount for ACF members is simply a way to incentivise that. We have no interest in influencing the actual political beliefs of other teams, because doing so will only weaken the sport, something Renault has absolutely no interest in.

We would also like to remind Tyrrell that their proposed Renault boycott would accomplish precisely nothing, as the only teams that have dealings with Renault are our customers, and of course, should they join this boycott, they will be in breach of contract, as well as without an engine supplier for the next race. We also fail to see how such a discount could breach antitrust laws, given that it only applies to Renault customers who were not already a member of the ACF. We also strongly condemn the statement made by the UIT accusing Renault of blackmail, and request that the organisation retract that slanderous accusation or face a libel suit.

Regardless, should FISA find that the ACF discount is in some way unacceptable, we will respectfully withdraw it.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

We are very saddened by Piquet's accident and we are calling to remove track status of Silverstone until they can think of something to fix the barriers and the fast nature of the track.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

So you're blackmailing us to stop accusing you of blackmailing? Genius :lol:
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

This wrote:So you're blackmailing us to stop accusing you of blackmailing? Genius :lol:

It's not blackmail. A libel suit is wholly justified given that you accused Renault of blackmail. Therefore, I'm still not blackmailing anyone. So, you gonna retract that statement or what?
Everything's great.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I'll come up with a statement after I figure out who Brabham's team principal is. I will say now however, that since he didn't beat Perkins he'd probably have been sacked on the spot anyway.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
This wrote:So you're blackmailing us to stop accusing you of blackmailing? Genius :lol:

It's not blackmail. A libel suit is wholly justified given that you accused Renault of blackmail. Therefore, I'm still not blackmailing anyone. So, you gonna retract that statement or what?

We will rest this case, due to lack of proof. But i can make a different accusation, and that is the Elite character of the ACF, as ACF refuses membership from teams tied to UIT, but UIT does accept membership from all teams. Therefore UIT requests the right for RAM and Ensign (and Tyrrell) to be full member of the ACF, whilst also being member of UIT or the Tyrrellclub. Not that RAM or Tyrrell are likely to ever join ACF, but if Ensign wishes to be part of all organisations, they should have the right to do so. Idem Ditto for Sofa teams.
Remember that if RAM, Ensign or Tyrrell make a request for Renault-engines, you will have to offer them the same contract terms as you do with any ACF members, or else, we will have proof that your motives are political.

This wrote:We also accept bribe money if you put this in a private message ;) This message never actually existed, therefore it is in a quote.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Edward Restov wrote:Firstly, I would like to express my condolences to Nelson and his family, and wish for his speedy recovery. Nelson is a driver who I have been a long-time admirer, and was heavily linked to join our team at one stage. Regardless, it is a shame that the sport has lost one of it's brightest stars in such needless circumstances. A driver of his undoubted ability and personality was good for the image of our sport, and he put his life and soul into it, only to be repaid like that.

Secondly, I would like to kindly point out to those at the UIT that they are speaking utter bollocks by claiming that Renault are influencing, politically or otherwise, their 'satellite' teams, of which Restov are one. Needless to say, I find that notion insulting on a personal level, and unprofessional and bad for the image of the sport.

I would also like to reiterate my support for Renault as an engine supplier. Despite my team's engine problems during the course of the season, we have found Renault to be a highly professional and motivated company. I have no doubt that their highly skilled engineers will not see the light of day until the cause of Nelson's crash has been identified. Also, having heard that a certain rival engine supplier has been calling for Renault to withdraw, I would like to point out that I am fully behind Renault, and wholly deplore the actions of said rival supplier; namely, using an unfortunate accident to try and eliminate one of their competitors.

Finally, I would like to encourage all fellow team principals to put aside their differences and rally to force the president of FISA, Mr. Knighte, to enforce stricter safety requirements for the cars design. Over the past 8 years, the speed of Formula 1 cars has risen sharply, while safety has taken very much a back seat. I would therefore propose that all team principals come together and try to draw up a minimum safety requirement that will hopefully see accidents like Nelsons eradicated from the sport.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
the Masked Lapwing

Don Rennis wrote:Words cannot describe how I feel right now. We have lost a very bright young talent and an integral member of the team in Nelson, and our condolences must go to Piquet and his family. It'll be a long recovery but maybe one day, we can have him on board in some sort of management position.

It was an a horrendous accident, and it is just that; an accident. We are not placing blame on everyone and we are more than willing to assist Renault, FISA and the ACF in any investigation resulting from this accident. We know that we are under time constraints to name a replacement but now is simply not the time to do so. He or she will be named in due course but again, for now, all our thoughts are with Nelson.

There, Rennis is Brabham's principal now, so thanks to Wizzie for writing that for me. I change it next season when I sort out my plans. I'll name a driver soon, once I figure out who it will be.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

MUGELLO TEST / NO RESTRICITONS / WEATHER CONDITIONS: SUNNY AND HOT

Emerson Fittipaldi and Merzario topped the timesheets, but this was a thankfully injury-free test and interesting test for all involved around a sunny Mugello. As expected, the four Merzario cars were the fastest out on track, to the delight of a few of the team's hardcore fans dressed in the team's unique shad of pale blue. Michele Alboreto impressed, setting a time faster than experienced hand Andretti, and Guidetti again proved his competence behind the wheel. However, reliability was a factor - although Andretti managed to rack up 96 laps, Fittipaldi and Alboreto's afternoons were both ended early by Lamborghini engine failure.

Audi will be pleased with their pace, just 1.1 seconds off of the fastest time, and a second clear of the rest, but again reliability reared its ugly head for the German manufacturer team. Stommelen and Lauda both had their race simulations cut short by engine failure.

Of the chasing pack, Takagi's Tyrrell set the fastest time in a good sssion for the British team who managed to rack up 185 laps across both cars. For Wolf, Clarke was fast but unreliable, and Giacomelli was slower but managed to pull 66 laps out of the Renault engine, whereas O'Connell and Ghinzani were virtually inseparable. JLD won't be happy with their relative pace but will take comfort in the rumour floating around the paddock that Mugello was a track not suited to their car's characteristics. Arrows's session was hampered by accidents, Depault crashed into Patrese, Cheever put two wheels on the grass and ended up in the wall, whereas Kunz' day was eneded by a DFV engine failure.

Of the rookies present in today's test, Gottschalk ste the fastest time, but with no team mate to compare his time to and a better car than fellow debutante Kunz, it is ahrd to tell who had the better relative performance. Kunz kept himself honest against his two team mates, being just 4 tenths slower than Cheever.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: rFAF1 1980 - Mugello Test Posted

MONZA TEST / NO RESTRICTIONS / WEATHER: SUNNY

1. Gilles Villeneuve (CAN) / Ferrari / 32 Laps / 1:39.115 / +00:00.000
2. Keke Rosberg (FIN) / Ferrari / 41 Laps / 1:39.223 / +00:00.108
3. Rene Arnoux (FRA) / Ferrari /40 Laps / 1:39.929 / +00:00.814

Ferrari will be leaving Monza with mixed feelings. On the plus side, Villeneuve's fastest time was just 2 tenths of a second slower than his 1979 pole time, Rosberg impressed again, and Arnoux managed t keep up this time. However, two engine failures ended Villeneuve's and Arnoux's day early, with Rosberg suffering severe suspension failure after a ride trough the gravel as a result of sliding off at Parabloica on Arnoux's oil.

ASSEN TEST / NO RESTRICTIONS / WEATHER: SUNNY

1. Jan Lammers (NED) / RAM-Hart / 40 laps / 1:58.009 / +00:00.000
2. Huub Rothengatter (NED) / RAM-Hart / 53 laps / 2:00.146 / +00:02.137

Jan Lammers was on the pace at Assen, but then no one really expected Rothengatter to get close to Lammers after all. The Hart engine proved reliable for a brand new engine, with Lammers managing only 40 laps before the engine failed and Rothengatter's smoother (slower) driving style allowing him and extra 13 laps.
Aerospeed

Re: rFAF1 1980 - ALL TESTS UPLOADED

Post by Aerospeed »

Is it possible to have a large upgrade in engine reliability?
Trulli bad puns...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

JeremyMcClean wrote:Is it possible to have a large upgrade in engine reliability?

Unofrtunately not, it's still one upgrade per race weekend :)
pycku

Post by pycku »

Holy s**t, we are in the middle of nowhere. After this test, we have no other option but to keep Ricardo at least for one more race. Kunz is officially promoted as our third driver, while we need at least one more test to see if Cheever and Depault have anything more that will get them a regular driver status. So far, they are just test drivers. 3 test drivers in 1980, who could imagine that :D
To finish first, first you have to finish!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

TMLW, you have until 00:01 GMT Saturday 13th March to nominate Piquet's replacement, otherwise I'll run a RNG with a host of different drivers :)
the Masked Lapwing

pasta_maldonado wrote:TMLW, you have until 00:01 GMT Saturday 13th March to nominate Piquet's replacement, otherwise I'll run a RNG with a host of different drivers :)

Peter Brock. Time taken: 20 minutes :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:TMLW, you have until 00:01 GMT Saturday 13th March to nominate Piquet's replacement, otherwise I'll run a RNG with a host of different drivers :)

Peter Brock. Time taken: 20 minutes :lol:

Acknowledged. And with that,

1980 SWISS GRAND PRIX COMMENTARY IS NOW LIVE FROM THE F1REJECTS CHATROOM http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23F1Rejects
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Damnit! The first race we get for ages and I missed it!!!!!! Ugh!!!!!!
Trump 2016
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: rFAF1 1980 - SWISS GP RESULTS

1980 Swiss Grand Prix / Dijon-Prenois / Weather:Sunny / 18th May 1980

Pre-Race

Australian Touring Car star Peter Brock is to have his first competitive Formula One outing this weekend, replacing Nelson Piquet, who had his career cut short by a horrific testing accident at Silverstone last week. The pressure is on for Brock to support his teammate Larry Perkins, who is left to spearhead Brabham's charge for the title.

Andrea de Cesaris is back in Formula One replacing the banned Roberto Horford at Alfa Romeo. de Cesaris' previous spell in F1 was at Arrows midway through 1979, replacing the injured Riccardo Patrese

RAM are to debut their new Hart engines this weekend, the first competitive outing for the turbo units

Jeremy-Etienne Vockler is to debut for Shadow in place of the under-performing Brian Henton. The Frenchman impressed at a test outing for Renault, and is said to have impressed seniour figures at Renault.

Qualifying

Jody Scheckter took pole for Williams for the first time since South Africa. The Hondas looked fast around the high speed Dijon circuit, with Callum McAllister lining up alongisde him. Newboy Peter Brock wasn't far off his team mate or the overall pace, with Ed Kevin showing a new turn of speed, but Lotus won't be happy with the outcome of qualifying. Alan Jones was blocked by the Rebaque of Padraig O'Connell, ending up 10th on the grid, and Harvey Jones was blocked by Andrea de Cesaris in the normally aspirated Alfa, setting the 15th fastest time. Gilles Villeneuve managed to drag the Ferrari to 12th, the highest starting position all year for the team, with Voeckler also impressing. Deyan Rangelov set the 20th fastest time and will start from the highest position in his career in what will be his second start. Also making his second start of 1980 is Thomas Nurmester, the Briton out to prove he's the Dijon DemiGod after setting the 25th fastest time. At the back of the grid, ALain Prost dragged the lumpy Alfa onto the grid, ahead of Brancatelli, and Marc Surer who will start in last place. Although a position familiar to him, he never thought he'd start from the back in the Audi! It as a bad day for Audi, with Lauda racking up the team's first DNQ, along with the other non-qualifiers of O'Connell, Daly, Patrese, Mansell, Pironi, Giacomelli, de Cesaris, Stohr, and Lammers. The debut of the new Hart engine proved problematic for RAM, denying Mansell and Lammers from making the start.

Race / 68 Laps

Positives

Alan Jones (Drive of the Race) - Alan Jones has been on top, top from of late, and this stunning drive at Dijon proved that he really wants this championship. Despite starting 10th on the grid, he was already up to 4th by lap 5, and battled with Scheckter, the two Brabhams and Kevin for the lead. Jones managed to hold his own in the melee that the leading pack were in for the next 20 laps, and helped by Harvey also carving his way through the field, were strong contenders for the lead. When Scheckter's engine failed after pitting for a new front wing on lap 26, Alan found himself in the lead. Although Harvey, Perkins, Brock, and Kevin challenging for the lead and taking it over the next 42 laps, Alan was the man in front when the chequered flag fell to take his second victory in a row and the fastest lap to boot.

Peter Brock (Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race) - Multiple touring car champion? Check. Lack of single seater experience? Check. Lack of testingg? Lack of European experience? Competitive team-mate? All check. And somehow, Peter Brock managed to finish 4th, after spells of leading the race and fighting for the lead! It's been an impressive weekend for the debutant, who looked right at home fighting against the established big guns at the front of the pack despite questionable experience. He'll be wanting to carry this form over to Cleveland for sure.

Ed Kevin - The Leinsterman showed his race winning spirit for the first time in 1980, to the delight of the Ligier team and the travelling Irish faithfuls. He qualified in 4th position in a car which is lacking downforce, and proceeded to fight for the lead during the race, taking spells in the lead of the race. Ultimately, he couldn't hold out against the Lotuses however, and finished a respectable 3rd just half a second behind Alan Jones, and one place better than his 1979 result.

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - Another debutant, the young Frenchman impressed again on home soil with a comfortable 5th place finish. He showed strong pace compared to Stefan Bellof, the pair being close on track throughout the race, with Jeremy-Etienne just pipping Bellof to the line. This man looks to have bright things ahead of him, and was even quoted as saying "I hope for a lage family, who all love racing just like me". Only time will tell what will become of his career or if he will get his wish

NEGATIVES

Alfa Romeo (Reject of the Race) It's been a poor weekend for Alfa Romeo. First, Andrea de Cesaris blocks Harvey and DNQs, with Alain Prost just abou scraping onto the grid. Prost was on track for another steady finish for Alfa, but his engine failed, and Thomas Nurmester and Osella were also robbed of a great result by engine failure. Although this was the first engine failures for Alfa all year, at a race where the works team were on track for a decent result and where the customer team were enjoying their second start, it wasn't a good time

Williams - Williams seemed to be on track for a good race. Front row lock out, encouraging pace, and a poor session for Lotus. However, things went sour quickly after just one lap. Callum McAllister was a solid 2nd behind Scheckter, when his brakes failed approaching turn 1. McAllister managed to touch the brakes before they failed, although that didn't stop him form skating over the gravel before hitting the armco at 70 mph. He managed to extract himself from the car, before hobbling over the to the barrier, where he was met by the medical team. He suffered sprained ankles and a nasty gash to his right leg, which will force him to sit out from the United States Grand Prix. Scheckter was fighting for the lead, and looked set to provide some happiness for the Williams team with at least a podium finish. But on lap 23, whilst fighting for the lead, he outbraked himself into turn 1 and slid into the back of Brock's Brabham, destroying his front wing. After a lengthy pitstop for a new one, his engine exploded not long after leaving the pits, presumably after being cooked waiting for 50 seconds.

Wolf - Walter Wolf Racing have been pretty abysmal this year, and the Swiss GP saw a continuation of thir poor fortunes. Giacomelli racked up another DNQ in qualifying, leaving Davey Clarke as the sole representative in the race. Although Clarke again showed encouraging pace, ahead of the JLDs, retiring came calling in the first 3rd of the race. With Wolf yet to record a finish, it's looking increasingly likely that they'll have to go through pre-qualifying next year.

The Numbers Game

1 - The number of rear wing failures Carlos Reutemann thought braking for turn 1 would be easy on lap 28. It wasn't, as his rear wing made a bid for freedom. Luckily, the catch fencing stopped his out of control car.

4 - Lotus victories this year Harvey has 1 whilst Alan has 3

7 - The number of times Williams have failed to finish in their last 8 starts

STANDINGS

Driver's Championship

The Lotus 1-2 mean that Alan Jones moves 6 points clear of Harvey Jones, and 15 clear of Callum McAllister.

1. Alan Jones - 37
2. Harvey Jones - 31
3. Callum McAllister - 22
4. Larry Perkins - 18
5. Jody Scheckter - 12
= Nelson Piquet - 12
7. Edward Kevin - 11
8. Jacques Laffite - 8
= Mario Andretti - 8
= Jean-Pierre Jabouille - 8
11. Stefan Bellof - 6
12. Carlos Reutemann - 4
= Guilliame Gauthier - 4
14. Rene Arnoux - 3
= Peter Brock - 3
= Padraig O'Connell - 3
17. Jan Lammers - 2
= Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 2
= Thomas Nurmester - 2

Constructor's Championship

1. Lotus-Renault -64
2. Williams-Honda - 34
3. Brabham-Renault - 33
4. Ligier-Talbot - 19
= Renault - 14
6. Shadow-Ford - 8
7. Merzario-Lamborghini - 7
8. McLaren-Ford - 4
9. Ferrari - 3
= Rebaque-Ford - 3
10. RAM-Ferrari - 2
= Osella-Alfa - 2

Williams will need to nominate a replacement for Callum McAllister. Alternatively, you can choose to run just one car if you so wish
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier would be willing to fill in for Williams.
Everything's great.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

If Giacomelli fails to qualify again, he's getting the sack. :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

We might run Keke at a race if Gilles' race performance continues. Before I forget, are we in an upgrade window now?
Trulli bad puns...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Hiroshi Takagi wrote:That's close enough into points zone for today... I need to push harder.

Also, there are talks that Tyrrell might merge their now-dormant CA with UIT and join them. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
the Masked Lapwing

Australian touring car legends work brilliantly here. Who knew? :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FMecha wrote:
Hiroshi Takagi wrote:That's close enough into points zone for today... I need to push harder.

Also, there are talks that Tyrrell might merge their now-dormant CA with UIT and join them. :)

If you decide in favour of that, we need a new name, like 'Independent Constructors Assembly' (whatever it is, it must feature the word 'independent' for me, and probably 'constructors' for you)

If possible, i'll go for a medium top speed engine for the Hart, as it needs some development.
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

AUTOSPORT - You heard it here first or it never happened!

Lauda Walks out of Audi

Niki Lauda has quit Audi, leaving the team immediatly! There have been rumours for the last couple of races questioning the Austrian's commitment, but today these rumours were answered. The two time Champion gave out the following statement...

"As of today, I will be an F1 driver no more. My reasons are clear and simple, I have spent too much of my short life putting my neck on the line for the quest of victory. When I was young, it seemed worth it, but after Germany 1976, I had to think twice before getting back into a car again. Championships, victory and money justified my reason to return back to the sport and I was awarded with another Championship in 1977. However in recent years, I have had no Victories and no Championships - just money. I was tempted to quit F1 for good, but Audi's plan gave me faith that I could capture victories again. However this has not been the case and I will admit that after my friend Nelson Piquet's accident - my heart is just not in it anymore. I decided to not Qualify on purpose for the Swiss Grand Prix as I wish to take no further part in F1 racing. It has served me well, but I have also seen it kill many of my friends, nearly kill me and now cripple another friend. I have some growing up to do now."

Critics have been left unconvinced over Lauda's claim that he purposely DNQ'd as he has been out-paced by his younger, lesser experienced team-mate in recent races.

What is clear though is that Audi's big investment have left them high and dry. With no big name within the team - will the German manufactor continue in F1 past 1980? Or will they go down in the record books as being another expensive flop in F1?

Audi are dissapointed in Niki Lauda's decission to retire from F1 when we are not even halfway into our first season of a brand new project, but at the same time, we fully respect his decission also.

Audi will release a further statement within the next 48 hours confirming Lauda's replacement.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Ron Dennis wrote:While Malboro Team McLaren have dipped in the performances,the team are no doubt pleased at Guillame Gauthier's race,having given an impressive amount of pace to the faltering automobile.However,the team is in shock of Derek Daly's horrifying qualifying performances,and strongly encourages Mr Daly to perform better,otherwise he runs the risk of getting laid off.

Teddy Mayer wrote:Bloody hell.All that twaddle comes out from your photocopier mouth and you miss the BLOODY MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT! Anyway,the announcement is that Guillame Gauthier has been given permission by McLaren to join Williams only for the US Grand prix,should they choose him to drive for them.This means that test driver Derek Warwick shall move up to the second seat in McLaren.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
pycku

Post by pycku »

That's it! Patrese is out and Kunz replaces him for the remaining of the season. We want medium engine torque upgrade.

PS. And well done for Rangelov. It was about time he shows to the world the potential he has. I wish him good luck in next races, too.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

Audi can confirm that Jochen Mass will take over Niki Lauda's seat for the immediate future. :)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

JJMonty wrote:Audi can confirm that Jochen Mass will take over Niki Lauda's seat for the immediate future. :)

Jochen Mass? Well, good luck with that. You'll need it.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

This wrote:
FMecha wrote:Also, there are talks that Tyrrell might merge their now-dormant CA with UIT and join them. :)

If you decide in favour of that, we need a new name, like 'Independent Constructors Assembly' (whatever it is, it must feature the word 'independent' for me, and probably 'constructors' for you)

That's the deal, yes. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

JJMonty wrote:Audi can confirm that Jochen Mass will take over Niki Lauda's seat for the immediate future. :)

Lauda has left Audi - what can I say? My short term choices are Mass or Rolf Stommelen :/

(Read the Auto Sport quote a couple of posts up :P )
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

JJMonty wrote:

Lauda has left Audi - what can I say? My short term choices are Mass or Rolf Stommelen :/

(Read the Auto Sport quote a couple of posts up :P )

Oh, I'm aware, but I'd hire Stommelen long before Mass, myself.
Everything's great.
JJMonty

Post by JJMonty »

Stommelen will race for Audi at some point this year - He would just like some more practice first to become familiar with the car as he has had very limited running so far this year. :)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

----EDIT: RACE WAS PLANNED FOR TONIGHT BUT WOULD CLASH WITH SAMMY JONES INTERVIEW, POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-----
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:----EDIT: RACE WAS PLANNED FOR TONIGHT BUT WOULD CLASH WITH SAMMY JONES INTERVIEW, POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-----

Aww, I was looking forward to Gauthier's long-awaited first victory. :(

Damn you Sammy Jones! Image
Everything's great.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

pasta_maldonado wrote:----EDIT: RACE WAS PLANNED FOR TONIGHT BUT WOULD CLASH WITH SAMMY JONES INTERVIEW, POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-----

Aww, I was looking forward to Gauthier's long-awaited first victory. :(

Damn you Sammy Jones! Image

Hahaha thanks for this, because I'd completely forgotten about that!! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Damn you Sammy Jones! Image

If I hadn't already reached my character limit this would be getting sigged...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala wrote:

:lol:
Everything's great.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Stramala wrote:

Why not link to an external html file with Alitalia's success? That saves space, especially since your sig won't become viable either way if your big talk even remotely is valid and you win more titles.