F1WRCR 1953 season - Post-season prize money up!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1WRCR 1953 season - Constructor entries now open!

Post by Nessafox »

ENB will purchase one new Maserati, as promised. (or at least reserve that car for me until the customer entries open)

A second car will be decided later when the budget is known, but it is likely to keep the old Maserati as a second car.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Erne, as already stated, would like to participate in the 1953 Championship with Roberto Mieres driving. We would like to build our own chassis, however we are not sure if this would be financially viable.

Also, the team have relocated from Ulster to a former WW2 hangar near Silverstone in a bid to reduce logistical costs
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pycku

Post by pycku »

if we are to choose drivers we would like (in order of preference) to sign with G. Bracco, J. Claes or L. Villoresi.

Also we are waiting for Mercedes response if they are accepting our offer. Or maybe it is up to us to confirm it at the offered price (which we immediately do).
To finish first, first you have to finish!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

O.S.C.A. are entering the chassis market, offering their OSCA 53 chassis for 25 000 pounds.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

pycku wrote:Also we are waiting for Mercedes response if they are accepting our offer. Or maybe it is up to us to confirm it at the offered price (which we immediately do).

Well, yeah. Okay with us. With the money earned, however, we will build Mercedes WM-1 chassis 1 and Mercedes UM153 engine 12.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Klon wrote:
pycku wrote:Also we are waiting for Mercedes response if they are accepting our offer. Or maybe it is up to us to confirm it at the offered price (which we immediately do).

Well, yeah. Okay with us. With the money earned, however, we will build Mercedes WM-1 chassis 1 and Mercedes UM153 engine 12.

You already have :lol:

You just need to choose which of the 6 remaining engines you'll buy.

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Erne, as already stated, would like to participate in the 1953 Championship with Roberto Mieres driving. We would like to build our own chassis, however we are not sure if this would be financially viable.

You've got £100 000. If you want to build a chassis and still have enough money to enter for most of the season, the chassis won't be competitive. Your call.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pycku

Post by pycku »

Then we reserve Mercedes engine #6
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix Racing Organisation is based in Hethel.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

tommykl wrote:
Klon wrote:With the money earned, however, we will build Mercedes WM-1 chassis 1 and Mercedes UM153 engine 12.

You already have :lol:

Well, I meant chassis 4 and whatever is the next engine number. Stop being German, that's my job. :P
takagi_for_the_win

Ok then, if its alright, we would like to go for a combined Maserati AM53 and 200F package, which should leave us with £60 000. :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Ok then, if its alright, we would like to go for a combined Maserati AM53 and 200F package, which should leave us with £60 000. :)

Maserati accepts and it might build another car for ENB to use, if ENB wishes so
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FantometteBR wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Ok then, if its alright, we would like to go for a combined Maserati AM53 and 200F package, which should leave us with £60 000. :)

Maserati accepts and it might build another car for ENB to use, if ENB wishes so

That.

@Tommykl and FantometteBR, how much would 'keeping on using my Maserati from previous year' cost me (in addition to a new car), as i don't have to buy this car for new. I assume that it will not be fair to just give it away for free, so either one or both of you can give me an answer to that.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

I prefer to wait Tommykl to answer that question to decide on that matter, since he is the series' boss, but whichever answer is good for us (the cost fo the old car would be only to bring back for us to repairs and possible upgrades)

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:
FantometteBR wrote:

That.

@Tommykl and FantometteBR, how much would 'keeping on using my Maserati from previous year' cost me (in addition to a new car), as i don't have to buy this car for new. I assume that it will not be fair to just give it away for free, so either one or both of you can give me an answer to that.

The point of making everyone build a car was to simulate some rule changes, so it won't be possible to use an old car. However, considering ENB's past success and regular numerous entries, you'll have plenty of cash to buy a decent second car without a problem.

Customer teams may now enter. No drivers necessary for now, just state where the team is based and its name. I'll hand out budgets once I get a few.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

simonracer

Post by simonracer »

The Redman Racing Team would like to enter both Nello Pagani & Stan Jones in Maseratis of some description, if possible. Although the team is technically from Australia, we are based in England.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

simonracer wrote:The Redman Racing Team would like to enter both Nello Pagani & Stan Jones in Maseratis of some description, if possible. Although the team is technically from Australia, we are based in England.

I'll need the town, but that part isn't compulsory at the moment.

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

The OSCA works team is based at Bologna.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

*Checks thread*
*Notices O.S.C.A of all people have sold more customer engines than Jaguar*
*Assumes fetal position in far corner of room wondering where he's gone wrong to deserve this*

In all seriousness, I'm starting to get really worried that I'm not gonna be able to shift these engines soon enough, which means we may need a bailout from Aston Martin.

EDIT: And as a little admin side-note, it's the JFE-2, not the JRE-2 ;)
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 18 Jul 2013, 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pycku

Post by pycku »

I'm writing just to remind customer teams that they can purchase a decent LF153 chassis at a reasonable price of just below 20 000. It is not the best chassis ever, but hey - it is possible to equip it with good engine and the total package will be about 40 000 pounds per car!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

If possible i would like to enter a team.

Anglo Racing Engineering based in London
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Asso di Fiori will enter, they are based in Bolonga.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

pycku wrote:I'm writing just to remind customer teams that they can purchase a decent LF153 chassis at a reasonable price of just below 20 000. It is not the best chassis ever, but hey - it is possible to equip it with good engine and the total package will be about 40 000 pounds per car!

Anglo Racing Engineering would like to acquire one of your chassis,

We will also acquire Jaguar JFE-2 engine 5
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Since the Alfa Romeo package is too expensive, Maria Teresa de Filippis would like to buy a Bentley Speed 3 chassis and an OSCA engine.
pycku

Post by pycku »

peteroli34 wrote:
pycku wrote:I'm writing just to remind customer teams that they can purchase a decent LF153 chassis at a reasonable price of just below 20 000. It is not the best chassis ever, but hey - it is possible to equip it with good engine and the total package will be about 40 000 pounds per car!

Anglo Racing Engineering would like to acquire one of your chassis,

We will also acquire Jaguar JFE-2 engine 5

Deal!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

peteroli34 wrote:We will also acquire Jaguar JFE-2 engine 5

Jaguar are more than happy to sell you an engine. :D
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
takagi_for_the_win

Customer entries you say? Well, Erne counts as one I guess. We're based in Silverstone, and although you don't need the info, we're running Mieres in a Maserati (I do believe you have already stated my budget in a previous post)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

BENTLEYS! BENTLEYS FOR SALE, SPIFFING! SEE PAGE 2
Well, with even O.S.C.A. getting a sale, things are getting tense in the Bentley camp....

Also, can we have confirmation on our driver offers? Did Von Brauchitsch accept our offer? Are our '52 trio returning?

pi314159 wrote:Since the Alfa Romeo package is too expensive, Maria Teresa de Filippis would like to buy a Bentley Speed 3 chassis and an OSCA engine.

Deal! British Bentley Racing Motors would like to thank Mrs de Felippis for choosing the wonderful Bentley chassis! As a welcoming gift, you receive a walnut cigar case that matches the steering wheel in our beautiful beast!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
pycku

Post by pycku »

May I have a new Customer team at my own (it wont be using Leader chassis) ?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pycku wrote:May I have a new Customer team at my own (it wont be using Leader chassis) ?

Explain your plans, and maybe I'll let you ;)

Okay, so once you've entered, I'll put your budget in the first post as fast as I can, and you can immediately start what you have to do. If you want a quick list of what you can buy:

Ferrari 550 (chassis and engine): chassis for £22 000, engine for £10 000. If both are purchased at the same time, the combined cost is £29 500 instead of £32 000. The purchase of two such packages guarantees a discount Ferrari 555 for 1954.
Alfa Romeo AR160 (chassis): £40 000 (£70 000 for 2 chassis)
Alfa Romeo ARV8 (engine): £25 000 (£45 000 for 2 engines)
Mercedes-Benz UM153 (engine): £22 000
Gordini ART-004 (engine): £30 000
Maserati AM53 (chassis) + Maserati 200F (engine): £40 000 for the combined package
Bentley Speed 3 (chassis): £20 000
Bentley 53C (chassis): £15 000
Bentley 163-1 (engine): £17 000
O.S.C.A. 53 (chassis): £25 000
O.S.C.A. 3000V8 (engine): £20 000
Jaguar JFE-2 (engine): £25 000 (price reduced to £20 000 if the engine is purchased with an Aston Martin chassis, price not yet available)
Leader LF153 (chassis): £19 500 (£38 000 for 2 chassis)
Aqua SAMC-1 (engine): £20 000
Last edited by tommykl on 18 Jul 2013, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Where's the price of my engine? Do I need to specify it? Sell the Aqua engines at 20k, please. :oops:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pycku

Post by pycku »

tommykl wrote:
pycku wrote:May I have a new Customer team at my own (it wont be using Leader chassis) ?

I mean to enter as a team from the Soviet block (haven't decided whether Russian, Bulgarian or Czechoslovakian, still). The idea is to get one of the best possible chassis with a decent engine and make some comparisons (If I am allowed).
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pycku wrote:
tommykl wrote:

I mean to enter as a team from the Soviet block (haven't decided whether Russian, Bulgarian or Czechoslovakian, still). The idea is to get one of the best possible chassis with a decent engine and make some comparisons (If I am allowed).

Okay, you get your second entry. I'd just like a small backstory if possible, so I know what kind of budget I should give.

pycku

Post by pycku »

First of all I was thinking of Skoda entering, but that would not be possible just as Customer team. Then I was thinking of "Krasnaya Zvezda" (Red star) USSR team, which is backed by the government. But that still sounds unrealistic, as this team will never buy parts (what about whole car and engine) from capitalist countries.

So here is the backstory:

People's Republic of Bulgaria is seeking for new possibilities to promote the country to tourist outside the Iron Curtain, so that new capitalist dollars enter in its economy. The minister of Economics gives the idea that Bulgarian team enters in Formula 1, so it promotes the beauty and technical progress of the country. However, USSR has condemned Formula 1 as bourgeois sport from the very beginning of the sport, so the government cannot publicly sponsor a team in F1.

The solution is given by Stefan Bogdanov - a small proprieter, whose bycicle factory is nationalized, but he remains its chairman. Officially, he enters Formula 1 with the compensation for his factory. Unofficially the money needed come from Bulgarian government.

As for the name - "Balkan Eagle" with its factory set in the city of Rousse at the Danube river.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pycku wrote:First of all I was thinking of Skoda entering, but that would not be possible just as Customer team. Then I was thinking of "Krasnaya Zvezda" (Red star) USSR team, which is backed by the government. But that still sounds unrealistic, as this team will never buy parts (what about whole car and engine) from capitalist countries.
So here is it:

People's Republic of Bulgaria is seeking for new possibilities to promote the country to tourist outside the Iron Curtain, so that new capitalist dollars enter in its economy. The minister of Economics gives the idea that Bulgarian team enters in Formula 1, so it promotes the beauty and technical progress of the country. However, USSR has condemned Formula 1 as bourgeois sport from the very beginning of the sport, so the government cannot publicly sponsor a team in F1.

The solution is given by Stefan Bogdanov - a small proprieter, whose bycicle factory is nationalized, but he remains its chairman. Officially, he enters Formula 1 with the compensation for his factory. Unofficially the money needed come from Bulgarian government.

As for the name - "Balkan Eagle" with its factory set in the city of Rousse at the Danube river.

Awesome name, and a nice £250 000 budget :)

pycku

Post by pycku »

Wow, twice as much as Leader, seems that Bulgarian government is not keeping their money :)

As for the car, Mr. Bogdanov seems to have a lot of contacts with Italians even before WWII, so he is willing to make once again business with his old friends.

As for chassis: Balkan Eagle is offering to buy 3 chassis from Alfa Romeo at the price of 100 000 pounds.
As for engine: Can Balkan Eagle buy Maserati engines without chassis ? If yes, we are offering 45 000 pounds for 3 engines. If no - we are going to offer O.S.C.A, although their engine seems a little heavier (read as better) than our plans include (However Aquas are too weak).
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

May I please enter my team, ilustarious
May we please buy an Aston Martin engine and an Aston Martin chassis please

Thank you old chap
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Alright, ENB (Ecurie Nationale Belge, or Equipe Nationale Belge, whatever you think is the most historically correct)is based in Francorchamps, Belgium

We want to buy:
Maserati AM53 (chassis) + Maserati 200F (engine)
In exchange, we ask you to give Paul Frère a works entry for the Belgian GP. (You're free to use him whenever possible, we just want to be sure he'll drive his home race in a good team)

We also want to buy:
Bentley Speed 3 (chassis) + Bentley 163-1
The condition is giving André Pilette or Jacques Swaters a works entry for the Belgian GP

If budget allows it, we also buy:
Aston Martin Whatever + Jaguar JFE-2 (engine)
The condition is giving André Pilette or Jacques Swaters a works entry for the Belgian GP

Slightly over-ambitious, but i'm not planning to race outside of Europe, and probably only Belgium, Germany, Holland and France. Whomever we buy a car from, the condition is that you run
an ENB-contracted driver for his home race. We might consider participiting in the constructors home race to show our goodwill.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

The Officine accepts the offer and the condition on Paul Frère, being our driver for the 1953 Belgian GP

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:Alright, ENB (Ecurie Nationale Belge, or Equipe Nationale Belge, whatever you think is the most historically correct)is based in Francorchamps, Belgium

We want to buy:
Maserati AM53 (chassis) + Maserati 200F (engine)
In exchange, we ask you to give Paul Frère a works entry for the Belgian GP. (You're free to use him whenever possible, we just want to be sure he'll drive his home race in a good team)

We also want to buy:
Bentley Speed 3 (chassis) + Bentley 163-1

If budget allows it, we also buy:
Aston Martin Whatever + Jaguar JFE-2 (engine)

Slightly over-ambitious, but i'm not planning to race outside of Europe, and probably only Belgium, Germany, Holland and France. Whomever we buy a car from, the condition is that you run
an ENB-contracted driver for his home race. We might consider participiting in the constructors home race to show our goodwill.

I'll make the sale right now. If the deal fails, I'll reverse the transactions. I haven't done the Jaguar purchase though, because you haven't specified which of the engines you'd like to buy.

roblomas52 wrote:May I please enter my team, ilustarious
May we please buy an Aston Martin engine and an Aston Martin chassis please

Thank you old chap

a) I don't know the team name
b) The team doesn't have a base
c) The Aston chassis hasn't even been built and isn't on sale yet
d) Aston haven't designed an engine yet

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tommykl wrote:c) The Aston chassis hasn't even been built and isn't on sale yet
d) Aston haven't designed an engine yet

MCCLEAN! Get on with it already! The Mad Uncle's got some engines he needs to flog off and my special deal requires Aston cars to be available. :|

And with that mini-rant out of the way, normal service may now resume.