F1RWRS: 2016 SEASON -ROTY Voting, Page 27-

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DemocalypseNow

Re: F1RWRS: 2016 SEASON - Monaco GP P23. Race LIVE

Post by DemocalypseNow »

L'Equipe wrote:Voeckler in line for PORE drive?

French pay-driver Benoit Voeckler is rumoured to be on the verge of signing a deal to race for Plus One Racing Engineering for the rest of the season, replacing the outgoing Barii Mori.

To read more, subscribe to L'EquipeWeb+ today.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

RejectSport.com/F1RWRS wrote:
A PORE deal: McKane signs for Kingfisher

Following the latest debacle at Kamaha Racing, team founder Barii Mori has been forced to step back into the Kamaha cockpit after both of race drivers - Nathan McKane and Tomo Kazama- walked out on the team after the Monaco Grand Prix. This left a free seat at Kingfisher PORE, which after some negotiation, will be filled by McKane. McKane was set to take a step down to F2RWRS to compete with AeroRacing Engineering, but having been denied entry by the F2RWRS comission, he was left looking for a seat in RWRS' premier category.

"It's a great pleasure to welcome Nathan to the team" said Luke Knight, Kingfisher Team Principle "The chance to sign a F1 World Champion is not one to be taken lightly - these kind of deals only come up once in a while, and you have to act decisively. The line-up we currently have looks like we'll be seeing a positive end to 2016 after an emotional start, Neuberg drove fantastically to keep the car on the road at the Principality to score a point, and with Nathan on board more points are definitely achievable."

When asked about Mori leaving the team, Knight said: "It's a shame, definitely. There was a misunderstanding at the beginning of the year, but once we had that worked out, the team was really getting settled in to the season. I can understand why he's gone, but I don't think he'll get very far in the Kamaha!"

There was speculation that French pay driver Benoit Voeckler had landed the drive, but this was dismissed by Knight. "We did receive an offer from Voeckler, and to be honest we were interested in hiring him, but Nathan coming onto the market changed the shape of the situation."

Kingfisher are currently 11th in the Constructor's championship with 3 points, and lie just one point behind Holden Racing Team, and 3 behind Sunshine Daihatsu.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

So he gets rumoured from a F2RWRS drive to a F1RWRS drive? Seems legit
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Kamaha crisis deepens!
Full report exclusive with Autosport

Nathan McKane leaves Kamaha
Nathan McKane after failing to prequalify the car, packed his bags and caught the first plane home and announced that he was quitting to the press. Barii Mori heard about McKane quitting when a journalist asked him about it just before the race. Mori laughed it off at the time, saying "That must be a joke as we were preparing to offer McKane a contract for the 2017 season", however after the race and after a few phone calls, Mori was heard to say, "If I get my hands on McKane, I will rip his bollocks off, grill them over an Audi engine then force fed Mckane it.". Mori is furious but we managed to calm him down and talk to him. "It is a bad day to have got out of bed.", he added.

Tomo Kazama walks out for Spa
Later in the day he heard that Tomo Kazama had refused to race in Spa angrily saying that the car was rubbish. He whoever did manage to speak to Kazama and Mori said "Tomo would be back right after Spa but she did not want to see the car before then otherwise she will attack it with a large hammer. Understandable when you've gone from F3RWRS to F2RWRS to DNPQing a car several times."

Shinji Zanmai resigns in shame
If that was not enough for the Kamaha team, team principal and ex race engineer for Barii Mori said that the teams failings were his fault and resigned. He was announced as the team principal of the Katayama Formula Nippon team and took 3 key members of personel with him. Mori said "Shinji came up tome after the race and told me what happened and that he was sorry but he would have to resign, I told him he did not have to but he insisted, however when members of the engineering and a mechanic also quit and I did get suspicious, the fact all of them are now employed by Katayama Formula Nippon team makes me angry, they could have said something."

Barii Mori returns
With the team having no drivers, Mori quit Kingfisher and returned to Kamaha to both manage and be lead driver for the team. "Looks like I will have to try and stop the ship from sinking. I thought I left the team in good hands, team principal that took a team from nothing to race winners and someone I knew personally for a long time and two drivers that had bags of talent and still I have nothing to show for it. I would like to thank Kingfisher and wish them all the best in the future.", he added, "It is going to be difficult for Kamaha to survive in 2017 but we are going to try our hardest to make sure we survive and reform."

Hagane Shizuka and Marko Jantscher to race for team

Supersub Hagane Shizuak comes back to help Mori to qualify the car for the 100th spa race with the FRWRS comission forcing Mori to use Marko Jantscher to race for a couple of races when it does not clash with F2RWRS comittments. "I need a good driver to help me get the car out of prequalifying and Hagane is the only driver on the market tha will be able to. The comission wanted me to use Marko Jantscher so I did not break my five driver limit but with Jantscher second in the F2RWRS championship it was unfeasable for him to race in both races so we came to a compromise."

FRWRS commission fines team
However, because Revolution would be over their two driver change limit, the commission have fined Revolution however Kamaha have agreed to pay the fine as it was not Revolutions fault. "I think we do have special circumstances, all our driver changes are enforced, it is not like I had much choice in the matter in having to replace my drivers. The original rules came in because teams were changing drivers to replace them with pay or better drivers but we had no choices. The commission said we could be fined or skip Spa. However it is the 100th race and Kamaha have been in the F1RWRS championship since the start wih Prospec so we believe we should be here. They agreed not to fine us but hey would fine Revolution if we used Hagane, as we need Hagane I have no choice but to pay the fine. However we still think it is mean and against the spirit of the rules."

McKane to drive for Kingfisher?
In breaking news we hear that McKane after failing to get into F2RWRS due to his experience and declined an offer from Prince Falik to race in IFRC with the Falik Arrows team has signed with Kingfisher for the rest of the season. Mori screamed, "WHAT? KINGFISHER? I'LL RIP HIS....", we didn't catch the rest as we left the room to let Mori calm down. Once he did he added, "I am going to complain to the F1RWRS commission about this and see if we can get Kingfisher to pay half our fine as it was McKane that caused us to be fined in the first place."
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Due to his escapades in the F2RWRS race at Monaco, Jean-Vincent Albertini has been banned for the next two F2RWRS races with immediate effect. Since these bans also carry over to the F1RWRS, it means that Autodynamics must find a replacement for Albertini for the next two races (Belgium and Mexico).
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Well, Eurobrun must find a replacement soon because I intend to do the race tomorrow
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

F1RWRS 2016 - ROUND 12 - Belgium GP - Spa

Weather Report

Pre-Q: Rain
Qualifying: Dry
Race: Light Rain

PRE-QUALIFYING

1.Renaldo Jimenez (Mecha) -- 2.00.671
2.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 2.00.788 (+0.117)
3.Jari Kekkonen (Boxtel) -- 2.01.513 (+0.842)
4.Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- 2.01.516 (+0.845)

5.Miko Fakkinen (Revolution) -- 2.01.634 (+0.963)
6.Barii Mori (Kamaha) -- 2.01.928 (+1.257)
7.Martyn Rietacher (Prospec) -- 2.02.200 (+1.529)
8.Thomas de Bock (Gillet) -- 2.02.485 (+1.814)
9.Calvin Brooks (Dofasco) -- 2.02.611 (+1.940)
10.Danny van Rijkens (CR) -- 2.03.050 (+2.379)
11.David Neuberg (Kingfisher) -- 2.03.294 (+2.623)
12.Alexey Buyvolov (Dofasco) -- 2.03.616 (+2.945)
13.Nathan McKane (Kingfisher) -- 2.03.732 (+3.061)
14.Michael Cameron (Simpson) -- 2.03.809 (+3.138)
15.Andrea Battani (Boxtel) -- 2.03.929 (+3.258)
16.Nathan Scott (Mecha) -- 2.04.296 (+3.625)

17.Brucie Kibbutz (CR) -- 2.04.606 (+3.935)
18.Ashley Watkinson (Prospec) -- 2.05.017 (+4.346)
19.Shinobu Katayama (Revolution) -- 2.05.903 (+5.232)
20.Du Lei (Simpson) -- No time

*Kamaha will skip Pre-Qualifying at Round 13

QUALIFYING

1.Martin McFry (Foxdale) -- 1.51.813
2.Mirko Bosevic (Arrowtech) -- 1.52.495 (+0.682)
3.Rhys Davies (Jones) -- 1.52.545 (+0.732)
4.Mark Dagnall (MRT) -- 1.52.585 (+0.772)
5.Nathanael Spencer (Alitalia) -- 1.52.747 (+0.934)
6.Douglas Mann (HRT) -- 1.52.819 (+1.006)
7.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- 1.53.108 (+1.295)
8.Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- 1.53.153 (+1.340)
9.Barii Mori (Kamaha) -- 1.53.383 (+1.570)
10.Pippa Mann (Aeroracing) -- 1.53.428 (+1.615)
11.Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- 1.53.668 (+1.855)
12.Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- 1.53.670 (+1.857)
13.Ron Mignolet (Alitalia) -- 1.53.677 (+1.864)
14.Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- 1.54.000 (+2.187)
15.Frank Zimmer (HRT) -- 1.54.189 (+2.376)
16.Hansuke Shioya (Gauthier) -- 1.54.392 (+2.579)
17.Andrea Battani (Boxtel) -- 1.54.429 (+2.616)
18.Fredo Mestolio (Jones) -- 1.54.712 (+2.899)
19.Jesus Plaza (Gauthier) -- 1.54.794 (+2.981)
20.Nathan Scott (Mecha) -- 1.54.800 (+2.987)
21.Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- 1.54.877 (+3.064)
22.Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- 1.55.034 (+3.221)
23.Renaldo Jimenez (Mecha) -- 1.55.078 (+3.265)
24.Thomas de Bock (Gillet) -- 1.55.119 (+3.306)
25.James Davies (Sunshine) -- 1.55.160 (+3.347)
26.Jari Kekkonen (Boxtel) -- 1.55.238 (+3.425)

* Autodynamics were not allowed to participate because they didn't enter a second driver
** Autodynamics will race in Pre-Qualifying at Race 13

RACE

1.Rhys Davies (Jones) -- 1h 33m 14.756
2.Kay Lon (Aeroracing) -- +2.028
3.Mirko Bosevic (Arrowtech) -- +29.409
4.Douglas Mann (HRT) -- +39.623
5.Pippa Mann (Aeroracing) -- +1.26.368
6.Ron Mignolet (Alitalia) -- +1.40.433
7.Frank Zimmer (HRT) -- +1 Lap
Philippe Nicolas (Arrowtech) -- Transmission
Hagane Shizuka (Kamaha) -- Loose Wheel
Martin McFry (Foxdale) -- Throttle
Ben Fleet (Foxdale) -- Transmission
Nathanael Spencer (Alitalia) -- Accident
Nathan Scott (Mecha) -- Throttle
Barii Mori (Kamaha) -- Transmission
Mark Dagnall (MRT) -- Brakes
Hansuke Shioya (Gauthier) -- Accident
Daniel Martins (Sunshine) -- Accident
Jean-Luc Schiller (MRT) -- Accident
Jesus Plaza (Gauthier) -- Accident
Thomas de Bock (Gillet) -- Accident
Andrea Battani (Boxtel) -- Accident
Fredo Mestolio (Jones) -- Accident
Renaldo Jimenez (Mecha) -- Accident
Jari Kekkonen (Boxtel) -- Accident
Aurelien Moll (Gillet) -- Accident
James Davies (Sunshine) -- Accident

FASTEST LAP: Mark Dagnall (MRT) -- 1.57.320
ROTR: Mark Dagnall -- Spun off, wore his breaks in his quest for gaining time, then breaks wore and smashed the car against the wall...
DOTR: Douglas Mann -- The only man of the top runners not to make a single mistake
Last edited by Aerond on 26 Jan 2014, 23:01, edited 3 times in total.
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: F1RWRS: 2016 SEASON - Belgium GP P24. Eurobrun needed

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Meh, just chuck Fakkinen in the car for the next race.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Meh, just chuck Fakkinen in the car for the next race.

Fakkinen has already been appointed by Revolution for this race
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I can lend you Marie Simon then, she's a paydriver too.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

If Klon can find a replacement, Danny van Rijkens is very interested in the Autodynamics seat.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

AndreaModa wrote:If Klon can find a replacement, Danny van Rijkens is very interested in the Autodynamics seat.

I would be interested, but Klon has the final say in that
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS: 2016 SEASON - Belgium GP P24. Race Results Up!

Post by Aerond »

The F1RWRS Commission has handed Kamaha a 100cr. fine for overriding their Driver Limit during the last weekend at Spa.

The Commission has decided not to take Kamaha representatives allegations to avoid the fine because the commission feels the Kamaha team, despite having their two main drivers being absent from races at one point or another due to race bans, didn't take all the possible measures to avoid overriding the 4 driver limit imposed by the Commission. Also, the Commission has noticed in the Kamaha team an unwillingness to stick to the rulebook, this not being the first time this season they try to impose their own vision of the rules, rather than stick to what it's written in the rulebook.

Kamaha is deducted 100 credits, so they have 60 left
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I'm not accepting that penalty, because it involves my driver too.
Split the penalty in half please. (And yes, Revolution will pay that 50.)

Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

No, Revolution will also be fined 100 credits if you put Shizuka back on the car, because she would be in for a 3rd stint in the car when the rules allow only for two.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Okay, then he stays out.

Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Shizuka wrote:Okay, then he stays out.

Please make sure to keep the wiki updated with whatever changes you make. Thanks!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:I'm absolutely delighted for Rhys to finally break his win duck of 2016 and further cement his place at the top of the championship. Aside from the ridiculous first lap incident that denied Fredo the chance at a decent race, I'm really happy with our performance. The car had excellent pace and aside from Dagnall's MRT was the fastest out there which isn't something I've been able to say for a long time.

Rhys' spin towards the end of the race was a mishap, but also testament to the structural integrity of our car, highlighting the importance of good manufacturing of the highest standard. For us at Jones Racing Group, that's just part of what we do. For everyone else, it's a second thought which they act on after their star driver has had a massive accident. We build reliability and safety into our cars and then work on making them as fast as possible. It's a no-brainer.

Danny van Rijkens wrote:I'm growing tired of this useless CR car. I'm being held back in pre-qualifying by a crap teammate and I want a chance to prove my worth in races. Who is prepared to give me a chance in a better car? Anyone?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alessandro Linari wrote:As per usual, Sammy Jones has his head firmly lodged far up his rectum to even have a chance of noticing the rest of the world. Maybe he wouldn't be treated with such disdain by every human being on earth if he stopped pretending like there was anything special about himself. Your engines have blown up less, that's the only difference. And you have Ford to thank for that, before you start trying to claim credit for yourself - which no doubt you would, given the chance.

Asshat.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

AndreaModa, I think Salamander might be interested in giving van Rijkens a chance in Gauthier
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Bosevic proves he's fast, but The Fox is a bit furious
Mirko Bosevic has had a great couple of races, racing in podium positions in Monaco and Belgium. Unlike Monaco, where Bosevic spun out with a handful of laps to go, Bosevic held on to third place despite having spun while in the lead. "Although his pace has been good," said The Fox after the race, "but he needs to learn to keep the car on the track and to not spoil great results." Rumours have been swirling about the possibility of Bosevic being replaced for 2017, but The Fox would not comment on the rumours. "We're taking the season one race at a time. We're putting our best efforts into getting the most results that we can out of this fantastic season."
Trulli bad puns...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sammy Jones wrote:Bawww sounds like Linari needs his nap time again. No of course he's not bitter about blowing the best chance at winning a title his team will ever have, and I'm sure he's not bitter about his decidedly average drivers, awful chassis and gutless engines. Bitter? Linari? Never...

And Salamander, in light of Aerond's tip-off I'd be very interested in placing van Rijkens at your team if there's space available! :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Shizuka stays at Kamaha, Katayama sidelined.

After a disappointing race for Kamaha where both drivers retired, there was more bad news for Kamaha as the FRWRS commission fined them 100CR for breaching the 4 driver limit. Kamaha had argued that they had to beacuse they had no other drivers they could use as Prince Falik said that Jantscher needs to stay sharp for his F2RWRS drive as he still had a chance of winning the championship. Revolution were told if Hagane Shizuka raced for the team again they would also be fined. So Barii Mori has agreed to race in place of the disappointing Shinobu Katayama with Miko Fäkkinen impressing enough to be offer a drive for the rest of the season and Hagane Shizuka will stay at Kamaha to race alongside Tomo Kazama who has calmed down and returned to the team. Mori said he was disappointed that he could not use Jantscher again otherwise he would get another fine.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:And Salamander, in light of Aerond's tip-off I'd be very interested in placing van Rijkens at your team if there's space available! :)

I'm certainly interested in taking on van Rijkens for the 2017 season. I could also pencil him in for the last 4 races of this season alongside either Benoit Voeckler or Gregor Pascal, if that interests you.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Both Mann siblings in the top-6? :D
Both Foxdales DNFing? :(
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

What F1RWRS really needs more of is some beauty shots...

ArrowTech-Acuri Autosport AT-06-Gillet

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Salamander wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:And Salamander, in light of Aerond's tip-off I'd be very interested in placing van Rijkens at your team if there's space available! :)

I'm certainly interested in taking on van Rijkens for the 2017 season. I could also pencil him in for the last 4 races of this season alongside either Benoit Voeckler or Gregor Pascal, if that interests you.

Last four races of the year sounds fantastic, and a drive for 2017 if that's okay with you, that would be lovely. I know there's a fair while to go yet though before 2017 so don't feel the need to commit to that just yet but I'll definitely take you up on the offer of the last four races!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Last four races of the year sounds fantastic, and a drive for 2017 if that's okay with you, that would be lovely. I know there's a fair while to go yet though before 2017 so don't feel the need to commit to that just yet but I'll definitely take you up on the offer of the last four races!

Excellent, welcome aboard! :)
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Van Rijkens ditches CR to link up with Gauthier

South African F1RWRS driver Danny van Rijkens has expressed his delight at securing a drive at the Gauthier team for the final four rounds of the 2016 season. Having driven for CR up until this point, van Rijkens has become increasingly critical of the team following its decision to close at the end of the year and a slide in performance that has left the team mired in pre-qualifying.

Now though, the young South African switches to Gauthier, a new team for the 2016 that has demonstrated good pace, and scored a sensational second place at the Canadian GP. With Danny no longer facing the prospect of pre-qualifying, he told reporters of his excitement at being able to make the start of the race for the first time in months:

"I'm so happy Gauthier have taken this chance on me, I really hope I can pay Mr Gauthier off with some good performances in these four races and improve my chances of securing a seat somewhere in 2017. The team have indicated that there may be an opening for me which is really great to hear at such a professional team like this, but I know that many things change in the off-season and for the time being I'm keeping my options open. I can't wait to get back on the grid and in the thick of the action and hopefully score points for Gauthier!"

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

pasta_maldonado wrote:What F1RWRS really needs more of is some beauty shots...

ArrowTech-Acuri Autosport AT-06-Gillet

Amazing job!!! :D :D

Edit- woops....
Last edited by Aerospeed on 28 Jan 2014, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Trulli bad puns...
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

If the post has eight images, most of which take up my entire screen's height just on their own, don't quote the entire thing. augghh
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Hansuke Shioya and Jesus Plaza are looking for drives for the last four races
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Aerond wrote:Hansuke Shioya and Jesus Plaza are looking for drives for the last four races

Would Shioya settle for a test driver role?
Trulli bad puns...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Just noticed something.

Way way back in September, there was a discussion in the F1RTA that, to avoid people being left uninformed due to driver deals only being confirmed on the IRC and/or wiki, every deal would also have to be announced on the forum. While I don't see an official verdict being decided upon, there was a general consensus that the sytem should be adopted. And for the most part it has been, especially in the IFRC (not wanting to brag or anything :P ).

But, as regards to the recent Autodynamics DSQ case, Miko Fäkkinen's move to Revolution (or rather, him resuming driving duties again) was not confirmed on the forum by either party (Phoenix or Shizuka). It was done entirely through IRC and wiki, and while Aerond accepts wiki confirmations it's against the aforementioned consensus. Admittedly, RonDenisDeletraz could've avoide all the fuss by checking the fact from the wiki which would've taken he no more time than typing the post where he asked for Fäkkinen.

What's done is done and I don't see why anyone should be penalized for that. But in the future, could everyone adhere to this principle?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

As response to van Rijkens leaving the team, Darren Older Jr. once again returns to the team he just cannot quit. :mrgreen:
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Nuppiz wrote:But, as regards to the recent Autodynamics DSQ case, Miko Fäkkinen's move to Revolution (or rather, him resuming driving duties again) was not confirmed on the forum by either party (Phoenix or Shizuka).

I thought SuperAguri will confirm it, as it was his idea all along. :oops:

RonDenisDeletraz

Yeah, I had absolutely no idea that Fakkinen had already found employment at Revolution. I don't check the wiki that often due to it being a bit temperamental on mobile. (I didn't have any access to a computer from last Wednesday to Monday). I will remember to check there more often in future but I am strongly in favour of a "forum or it didn't happen" rule.

And IRC is useless unless you have time to be online very regularly, and it has a culture of elitism and a mistrust towards anyone not in the inner circle of PMMF involvement.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:And IRC is useless unless you have time to be online very regularly, and it has a culture of elitism and a mistrust towards anyone not in the inner circle of PMMF involvement.

Not true. If anything, you're displaying mistrust towards anyone who uses the chatroom simply because you don't have the time to be on it. It's a shame we can't have you and AndreaModa with us more often, but that doesn't give you the right to be demeaning towards us simply because we choose to discuss things there.

I completely agree the Fakkinen move should have been announced via the forum, but equally you could have had a couple of names lined up just on the off-chance one wasn't available. Anyway, we'll let by-gones be by-gones, and you've now got time to get a driver for Round 13. If F2 wasn't running, I'd offer you one of my fellas, but I need their total dedication to the F2RWRS championship...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Anyway, there's race this weekend, and I need confirmation before Pre-Q starts of who will replace Albertini if you don't want to face another DSQ
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ataxia wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:And IRC is useless unless you have time to be online very regularly, and it has a culture of elitism and a mistrust towards anyone not in the inner circle of PMMF involvement.

Not true. If anything, you're displaying mistrust towards anyone who uses the chatroom simply because you don't have the time to be on it. It's a shame we can't have you and AndreaModa with us more often, but that doesn't give you the right to be demeaning towards us simply because we choose to discuss things there.

Agreed. For all that's been said, and I know in the past, at certain points last year I had a lot to say on the whole matter, this is a step over the mark. What I said last year was wrong, and I've allowed myself time to reflect on it all and come back more balanced on the whole thing. If you feel the way I did RDD then perhaps it would be wise to do the same. A bit of time away from all of this is a great way to let things slide and start over when you come back.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_