My Name Is Luca, I Live On The Second Floor

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
coops

My Name Is Luca, I Live On The Second Floor

Post by coops »

Just a question about whether Luca Badoers F1 rejects profile will be updated to reflect last seasons effort?

Still gutted about that by the way. I told everyone in the office that he'd make Kimi look stupid.
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
dr-baker

Re: My Name Is Luca, I Live On The Second Floor

Post by dr-baker »

Well, there's been a wait of over a year for the most recent profile, so Badoer's profile will probably be updated sometime in the next 10 years....
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

It's the current goings-on that the site author and the webmaster are most concerned. I know from my own experience that taking an active part in an online community such as this forum can drain quite an amount of time out of a person's pockets.

So maybe we should have a poll about what the majority of readers and listeners want:

either
-more new driver and team profiles and less podcasts
or
-keep it like it is with podcasts for each race or at least two races and one new profile every year

Dear moderators, what do you think about promoting such a poll in the podcast?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

If I could have my say now, it's podcasts that would get my vote...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:If I could have my say now, it's podcasts that would get my vote...

Ditto here
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
coops

Post by coops »

Yannick wrote:It's the current goings-on that the site author and the webmaster are most concerned.

Just to be clear, I wasnt complaining about Badoers profile not being updated just curious.
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

coops wrote:
Yannick wrote:It's the current goings-on that the site author and the webmaster are most concerned.

Just to be clear, I wasnt complaining about Badoers profile not being updated just curious.

Coops, may I direct you here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=803&start=0

That idea is running kind of late (rejectfully so!), but some of us have set-up an open wiki, to try and produce a Tarquini Profile, maybe some others later on. Really, all help is appreciated. How about you follow the links there are see if you can give us a hand?

Once more, the invitation applies to every forum member, plus family and friends. The more, the merrier. :D

Thanks!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
coops wrote:

Coops, may I direct you here:

http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 03&start=0

That idea is running kind of late (rejectfully so!), but some of us have set-up an open wiki, to try and produce a Tarquini Profile, maybe some others later on. Really, all help is appreciated. How about you follow the links there are see if you can give us a hand?

Once more, the invitation applies to every forum member, plus family and friends. The more, the merrier. :D

Thanks!

[camp voice]Oh you.[/camp voice]
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

shinji wrote:[camp voice]Oh you.[/camp voice]

Well, ya know... :roll:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Poor Wiki needs some attention, but shite's been hectic at least for me...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Just written up something quickly for Badoer, 10 minutes.
It's not much but it's a start...
http://f1rejects.wikispaces.com/Luca+Badoer+%28updated%29
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

kostas22 wrote:Just written up something quickly for Badoer, 10 minutes.

I also threw a bit in there, mainly about his embarassing pit exit at the Valencia GP.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Once again it's time for me to come out and shout "mea culpa, mea culpa!" at the top of my lungs.

I would like to do an update for Luca Badoer, and also for Ricardo Londono. And I would also like to get around to working more on Ongais.

My second child is also due to be born pretty much any day over the next three or four weeks! :D That means I will have two under the age of two :shock:, plus a job and other hobbies, and still only 24 hours in a day!

So this year there may have to be a shake-up in terms of reviews and podcasts, so that there's a sustainable and even level of new material across the site, but we'll see how it goes. As a matter of interest for you guys, normally a podcast takes about 3-4 hours preparation and recording plus 1-2 hours editing by Kuwashima, a review takes me around 3 hours again, and a well-researched profile would take weeks.

This is also why the Wiki idea is much appreciated at the moment!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

etyl, your efforts are very much appreciated and obviously your wife and kids ought to be your priority, but your attempts at peace and quiet by contributing to the podcasts and reviews will be welcome. :D
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:

I also threw a bit in there, mainly about his embarassing pit exit at the Valencia GP.

Err...I'm not trying to deter you or anything, but maybe I should tidy your stuff up a bit, considering I actually speak English and all :lol:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

You should also mention this gem:

2003, presentation of the new Ferrari car, on tv: Jean Todt (probably drunk, I don't know), repeatedly tells the cameraman that "Luca is slow because he looks at the girls while driving"
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

kostas22 wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

Err...I'm not trying to deter you or anything, but maybe I should tidy your stuff up a bit, considering I actually speak English and all :lol:

You're welcome, I just threw some stuff together and didn't really care about the grammar there. :)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"