Hispania Racing Team (former Campos) News

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Fitch

Hispania Racing Team (former Campos) News

Post by Fitch »

It appears, per the Team, that Campos will not be at ANY of the Official Winter Tests.........

And, they have stated that Bahrain, for them, will be a Test session and NOT a Race..........Quickly, someone call Lola and MasterCard, someone is vying REALLY Hard to takeover their Spot in Formula 1 Rejectdom..
Last edited by CarlosFerreira on 05 Mar 2010, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editted thread title
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
dr-baker

Re: Campos News

Post by dr-baker »

Fitch wrote:It appears, per the Team, that Campos will not be at ANY of the Official Winter Tests.........

And, they have stated that Bahrain, for them, will be a Test session and NOT a Race..........Quickly, someone call Lola and MasterCard, someone is vying REALLY Hard to takeover their Spot in Formula 1 Rejectdom..

Don't call Lola or Mastercard, call Ghostbusters, sorry, I mean Stefan GP !!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

dr-baker wrote:
Fitch wrote:It appears, per the Team, that Campos will not be at ANY of the Official Winter Tests.........

Don't call Lola or Mastercard, call Ghostbusters, sorry, I mean Stefan GP !!!

And, hence, in 10 years, me!

Come on Stefan!

Anyway, yes, rather disappointing show from Campos!
Last edited by shinji on 26 Jan 2010, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Looks like Campos may have overtaken USF1 for the title of most rejectworthy new entry...
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Very Lolesque... isn't it?

I was about to use the Whole Spanish Press to say somothing crude about it, but the true seems to be far over the fantasy here...
Winners have lots of friends, losers have good friends.
UPRC

Post by UPRC »

Disappointing.

I guess that we'll be seeing very little of Bruno Senna this year.
BATracer GP2 Liveries
Dozens of original liveries for use with the GP2 carset.

(There's even an F1 Rejects livery!)
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

That is really bad news for them.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:

I was about to use the Whole Spanish Press to say somothing crude about it, but the true seems to be far over the fantasy here...

Ah, so you're the undercover man that can't use his real user name to say what he thinks...
Anyway, Campos will only last 5 races. This is my prediction. Shame for Senna and whoever turns out to be the 2nd driver.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Phoenix wrote:
Popi_Larrauri wrote:

Ah, so you're the undercover man that can't use his real user name to say what he thinks...

Well, it was intended (and it is) a way to post things in a comic (or intended as comic) in order to avoid fights defending-attacking something (in this particular case, the spanish press reliability). And there wasn't another meaning in it... It was created as pure fun and I guess that it was taken as fun by the rest. If not, particularly in the case of the Captain (which was the ultimate target of the joke and the one with the highest right to complain), I haven't received bad feedback about it (not that get any cheers from him neither :cry:, thing that would have rocked).

Even more, I do like Sabina and Serrat (quiet a fan of both of them). My despise for Alejandro Sanz is real, though.

I'm capable of saying things with my user name, in fact, I'm confessing being the author of the joke, not that you have taken notice by another way. Mostly because the whole thing it's now empty since I got no more to say and, somehow, spanish press it's not saying nothing remotely nonsense that after a couple of months turns to be the true written in marble.

Unnecesary to say, if someone would just felt unconformtable and would have made it clear, the whole thing would just had been stopped.

Being said all of this, I quit the job. :mrgreen:

I hope you have not taken as offensive.

Cheers.

PS: I was about to create a user with HWHNSNBM and USF1 media, both discarded, the first for blasfemy the second because they are doing it better and funnier by themselves (I couln't find a nosecone at home). :lol:
mario

Post by mario »

At the moment, this does almost sound like Lola-Mastercard, take two.
Fragile financial backing, an inexperienced team, a new car which will not be tested until the first race weekend (if this story is true) - at the very least, reliability is going to be such an unknown quantity that they are going to struggle to get all of their parts to meet the lifetime requirements. Hell, USF1 are being slated, yet at least they are actually planning on turning up to at least some of the group tests (probably the last test at Jerez).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Ouch!
So they seem to be very cash-strapped after the budget cap didn't come into existence, but under the assumption of which they had applied for the season ... F1 is indeed a waste of money. I mean, those Campos people are all trained professionals and very much unlike the MasterCard Lola, they have a car that has seen a wind tunnel and they did not rush anything.

It's hard to imagine that ProDrive, Lola, Stefan and N Technology were not let in by Max because of having less sponsorship than Campos. When they were let in, was it under the condition they would settle in the back row? That is not fair.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

Yannick wrote:Ouch!
So they seem to be very cash-strapped after the budget cap didn't come into existence, but under the assumption of which they had applied for the season ... F1 is indeed a waste of money. I mean, those Campos people are all trained professionals and very much unlike the MasterCard Lola, they have a car that has seen a wind tunnel and they did not rush anything.

It's hard to imagine that ProDrive, Lola, Stefan and N Technology were not let in by Max because of having less sponsorship than Campos. When they were let in, was it under the condition they would settle in the back row? That is not fair.

Oh, I mean Lolesque in the way we can expect drivers finding lost downforce in corners and gigantic drag in straits (except for Campos design has met a wind tunnel) and dismal time laps in first qualyfing session, with no previous shakedown.

And it's true. I do agree these guys had found themselves betrayed by the FIA itself. rules where very different when they started. In the middle was that "technical help", thing that we haven't heard a word of it since.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Yannick wrote:It's hard to imagine that ProDrive, Lola, Stefan and N Technology were not let in by Max because of having less sponsorship than Campos. When they were let in, was it under the condition they would settle in the back row? That is not fair.

1) Because FOTA were dragging their feet on the issue, it was assumed that the budget cap would be in place for 2010, and so the new teams were chosen with that in mind.
2) Adrian Campos has done an Alain Prost and grossly over-estimated the corporate interest in sponsoring a team in Spain and Brazi. Spain might be F1-mad, but they don't care for much outside Alonso.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Gilles27

Post by Gilles27 »

Captain Hammer wrote:2) Adrian Campos has done an Alain Prost and grossly over-estimated the corporate interest in sponsoring a team in Spain and Brazi. Spain might be F1-mad, but they don't care for much outside Alonso.

Don't worry. When they'll find loads of sponsors when they announce Luis Pérez-Sala as their 2nd driver!
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.
rffp

Post by rffp »

In 2006, FIA chose Prodrive as a 2008 new entrant and they forfeited that entry since they had a whole concept that was legally questionable.
Now 2 out of the 3 teams chosen for 2010 new entrants, before BMW left Sauber hung out to dry, are passing out their hats in order to make it to Bahrein?
Who the hell is selecting these new teams? FIA should seriously review their standards.

Anyway, it is disturbing to see so many teams in financial dire straits. The manufacturers have lost their space, but that vacuum is being filled by teams unfit to the task ahead of them.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

It's not just Lola. If you want a more recent example, remember Super Aguri. They also didn't do any pre-season testing and used the races for testing. It doesn't work! I'm sorry that the Senna name will be associated with a mobile chicane, because that's what happens when races are used for testing. This is very shameful.
Gilles27

Post by Gilles27 »

Looks like they might be sold before the first race! Surely some kind of record? http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39818

A1 GP boss Tony Teixeira has admitted that he is in talks with Campos Meta with regards buying a stake in the Spanish outfit, while revealing that any possible deal has to involve his own series.

While there is a serious question mark over the future of Campos Meta - one of four new teams due to enter the sport this season - the future for A1 GP appears even more troubled, with most races on the provisional calendar cancelled and the official website out of action.

In a telephone interview with Reuters, Teixeira has admitted that he is in talks with Campos Meta, which has already signed Bruno Senna.

"I am talking to Campos, but I'm not the only one," said Teixeira. "There's more than one group talking to Campos and for us it has got to be part of an A1 deal It's all for A1. My ambition is to bring A1 into F1."

Despite the FIA's due diligence there has been a question mark over Campos Meta and US F1 for some time, with Bernie Ecclestone admitting scepticism as to whether they'll make it to the grid in time for Bahrain if at all. However, both teams say that despite problems they are on track.

Teixeira claims that he is looking at using Campos' role in F1 to promote A1 GP, admitting that title sponsorship of the Spanish team is not out of the question.

The future of A1 GP remains unclear, and while there was already a certain attitude towards the self-styled 'World Cup of Motorsport', this worsened following the last minute cancellation of the opening race in Australia.

The future of the series, which has provided some great racing but also suffered a series of PR own goals, remains in doubt with asset management company RAB Capital thought to be looking at a rescue package.

Teixeira, owner and CEO of the oil, diamonds and gold trade company Energem, has previously shown interest in a number of F1 teams including Force India and Honda. However, while recently linked with Campos, Pitpass sources claim that the Portuguese-South African's name "popped up" when due diligence was carried out on Genii Capital, the Luxembourg investment company that bought a large slice of the Renault F1 team last year.

Whatever happens, the fact that at least one team looks likely to be bought out just six weeks before the season kicks off is highly worrying. Especially in light of the comments made by Ecclestone - a man who has seen it all before - and Martin Whitmarsh.
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.
rffp

Post by rffp »

Let me understand.
A team with no financial resources to make it into F-1 wants to be entry door for drivers coming from a series which is virtually bankrupt...
Interesting.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

rffp wrote:In 2006, FIA chose Prodrive as a 2008 new entrant and they forfeited that entry since they had a whole concept that was legally questionable.
Now 2 out of the 3 teams chosen for 2010 new entrants, before BMW left Sauber hung out to dry, are passing out their hats in order to make it to Bahrein?
Who the hell is selecting these new teams? FIA should seriously review their standards.

Anyway, it is disturbing to see so many teams in financial dire straits. The manufacturers have lost their space, but that vacuum is being filled by teams unfit to the task ahead of them.

I think we are overlooking an important fact. European Union economy have been shocked this month with worries about some countries capabilities to afford their national debt. The main issue is Greece, but close second are Spain and Ireland. This means the obvious for the economy, spreading fear about the possible outcome of the world finanacial crisis that hit Spain in a particularly strong fashion.

It's not just that Spanish population is only interested in Alonso. I think they are intereseted in all of them , particularly in Campos, the fact is that there no more money to place there, since gigantic corporations are not all over the place and, even if they have the money, they have good reasons to keep it under the matress until they star to feel there is a clear horizon in economic terms.
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

I will have to start playing clown music during their pitstops like I did with Super Aguri at this rate.
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Popi_Larrauri wrote:Very Lolesque... isn't it?

Well, it was intended (and it is) a way to post things in a comic (or intended as comic) in order to avoid fights defending-attacking something (in this particular case, the spanish press reliability). And there wasn't another meaning in it... It was created as pure fun and I guess that it was taken as fun by the rest. If not, particularly in the case of the Captain (which was the ultimate target of the joke and the one with the highest right to complain), I haven't received bad feedback about it (not that get any cheers from him neither :cry:, thing that would have rocked).

Even more, I do like Sabina and Serrat (quiet a fan of both of them). My despise for Alejandro Sanz is real, though.

I'm capable of saying things with my user name, in fact, I'm confessing being the author of the joke, not that you have taken notice by another way. Mostly because the whole thing it's now empty since I got no more to say and, somehow, spanish press it's not saying nothing remotely nonsense that after a couple of months turns to be the true written in marble.

Unnecesary to say, if someone would just felt unconformtable and would have made it clear, the whole thing would just had been stopped.

Being said all of this, I quit the job. :mrgreen:

I hope you have not taken as offensive.

Cheers.

PS: I was about to create a user with HWHNSNBM and USF1 media, both discarded, the first for blasfemy the second because they are doing it better and funnier by themselves (I couln't find a nosecone at home). :lol:

Oh, no, don't worry about that. I was just joking a bit, you know...I'm not offended at all. And I hate Alejandro Sanz and all those kind of singers much more than you, that is for sure :lol:
Popi_Larrauri wrote:I think we are overlooking an important fact. European Union economy have been shocked this month with worries about some countries capabilities to afford their national debt. The main issue is Greece, but close second are Spain and Ireland. This means the obvious for the economy, spreading fear about the possible outcome of the world finanacial crisis that hit Spain in a particularly strong fashion.

It's not just that Spanish population is only interested in Alonso. I think they are intereseted in all of them , particularly in Campos, the fact is that there no more money to place there, since gigantic corporations are not all over the place and, even if they have the money, they have good reasons to keep it under the matress until they star to feel there is a clear horizon in economic terms.

They can still find some foreign backing, I hope. However, it's clear that the first races will be crusher time for Campos. They should try to make an impression, even if the car's untried, or they won't survive until season's end.
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

[quote="Phoenix"]Oh, no, don't worry about that. I was just joking a bit, you know...I'm not offended at all. And I hate Alejandro Sanz and all those kind of singers much more than you, that is for sure :lol:

Todo bien. Aclarando por las dudas. ;)
CasinoSquare

Post by CasinoSquare »

For me the A1GP link makes this a cast-iron Reject Team, whether they make the grid or not. Only having a second spanish driver of the quality of Alex Soler-Roig (showing my age now..) would better it.
EuroBrun at HWNSNBM's home GrandPrix - perhaps his boyhood inspiration?
mario

Post by mario »

Yannick wrote:Ouch!

Part of the reason why they weren't let in was the fact that they were teaming up with the manufacturer teams (e.g. Prodrive wanted to run a Mercedes engine, and refused point blank to switch to Cosworth when asked). Bear in mind that the new team entries were submitted when FOTA was threatening to break away - what the FIA wanted was a non-manufacturer engine supplier so the new teams would not be at the mercy of the manufacturer teams.

I know that I was a bit harsh in my comments, but at the moment I haven't seen Campos doing that much to increase my confidence that they will actually do anything apart from fail abysmally. True, I will admit that the failure of the cost cap was a problem for them, but it is not the only reason why they are struggling - after all, the Virgin Racing team only has a budget of around £45 million, and yet they are doing fine. It sounds to me more like Adrian Campos simply underestimated what it would cost and overestimated the interest from sponsors.
Honestly, though, I cannot see Bernie taking kindly to this move - why would he want a team run by the manager of a rival open wheeler series to take part?
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Popi_Larrauri wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Oh, no, don't worry about that. I was just joking a bit, you know...I'm not offended at all. And I hate Alejandro Sanz and all those kind of singers much more than you, that is for sure :lol:

Todo bien. Aclarando por las dudas. ;)

Me parece perfecto :D
CasinoSquare wrote:For me the A1GP link makes this a cast-iron Reject Team, whether they make the grid or not. Only having a second spanish driver of the quality of Alex Soler-Roig (showing my age now..) would better it.

Alex Soler-Roig? They need Juan Jover! :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Juan Jover needs an F1 Rejects profile! By the way, does Juan Jover sound similar to the English phrase "won over"? :?:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Popi_Larrauri

Post by Popi_Larrauri »

dr-baker wrote:Juan Jover needs an F1 Rejects profile! By the way, does Juan Jover sound similar to the English phrase "won over"? :?:

Nope... sort of in the distance... but the correct answer is no.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

dr-baker wrote:Juan Jover needs an F1 Rejects profile! By the way, does Juan Jover sound similar to the English phrase "won over"? :?:

Spanish and A1GP interests... remember Robbie Kerr? He'll now be Juan Kerr!
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
TeamTipper

Post by TeamTipper »

Using the racing as testing???? Campos are mad and I bet wont make it on to the F1 grid at all.
Bruno Senna once again wont make it on the F1 grid as last year with brawn gp (one wonders if he could of done more than barrichello)
Why bother entering if you dont have the budget or at least a good backing e.g Manor has virgin Lotus Air Asia USF1 Youtube.
Like alot of people have said on this page why the FIA let this team in with no backing?
Personally Stefan GP wont be a good replacement.
This British team could be the best replacement:
RML Ray Mallock Ltd. They built the Chevrolt works team in the WTCC and run a few cars in the BTCC. They won the BTCC with Nissan in 1999 and 1995 with Vauxhall. They did try for this year but pulled out as the Cost Cutting Cap didnt get though. RML have also said they are still considering a entry into Formula One in the future. Good team with history.
Just had a thought. Why dont RML build the cars for Campos?
Mechanical Engineering Student
Bias view of F1
Forti F1 Fan
TeamTipper for 2011 entry lol
HWSNBM as my No.1 driver
Formula One Rejects as my main sponsor
elho

Post by elho »

if the fia wanted a spanish team, the correct choice was Epsilon Euskadi: they already had a own shop; they already built a le mans prototype. they had lot more experience than the campos team.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

elho wrote:if the fia wanted a spanish team, the correct choice was Epsilon Euskadi

But they didn't choose the team on the basis of its nationality.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Captain Hammer wrote:
elho wrote:if the fia wanted a spanish team, the correct choice was Epsilon Euskadi

But they didn't choose the team on the basis of its nationality.

They choose it on Cossie power and having an FIA insider assisting the team (Playboy Virgin Manor).
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
TeamTipper

Post by TeamTipper »

How did the FIA choose the new teams in the first place?
I checked the history of Epsilon Euskadi and they have good history including engineer Sergio Rinland who has worked in F1 and designed the BTCC Peugeots 307.
Campos was the wrong choice even with their pass history. And what makes their entry a waste is that they might not confirm their second driver until the eve of the first F1 race... They will be on the back of the grid all the time.
Mechanical Engineering Student
Bias view of F1
Forti F1 Fan
TeamTipper for 2011 entry lol
HWSNBM as my No.1 driver
Formula One Rejects as my main sponsor
karsten

Post by karsten »

i still hope for a buyout from Dallara! that would be sweet and give them a chance! :ugeek:
Missing the good old Minardi! T_T
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

TeamTipper wrote:I checked the history of Epsilon Euskadi and they have good history including engineer Sergio Rinland who has worked in F1 and designed the BTCC Peugeots 307.

Sergio worked for Sauber as the chief designer at one point didn't he?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

karsten wrote:i still hope for a buyout from Dallara! that would be sweet and give them a chance! :ugeek:

It won't happen.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Captain Hammer wrote:
karsten wrote:i still hope for a buyout from Dallara! that would be sweet and give them a chance! :ugeek:

It won't happen.

I'm with the Captain on this one (Although I do hope that it does happen at the same time). I mean Dallara already have enough to do with supplying other catagories with cars as it is.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Wizzie wrote:I'm with the Captain on this one (Although I do hope that it does happen at the same time). I mean Dallara already have enough to do with supplying other catagories with cars as it is.

Not to mention the fact that they've shown no interest in fielding a team. If Campos are bought outright, the buyer will most likely be Zoran Stefanovic or Tony Teixeria.
rffp

Post by rffp »

I foresee that the F1 Rejects guys will have a hard time by the end of the year writing profiles for USF1, Campos, Bruno Senna and José M. Lopez.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

rffp wrote:I foresee that the F1 Rejects guys will have a hard time by the end of the year writing profiles for USF1, Campos, Bruno Senna and José M. Lopez.

Quick. Create the templetes on the F1 rejects wiki now! :lol:
On topic though and personally I can't see Campos or USF1 lasting the season (USF1 would be lucky just to make the grid at Bahrain :lol: ) And all of a sudden the second seat at Renault looks like a much better prospect than it really is...