F1 Rejects at TV Tropes

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Alianora La Canta

F1 Rejects at TV Tropes

Post by Alianora La Canta »

I was having a look through TV Tropes this evening looking up narrative themes that crop up in video games (despite the site name, at least 70% of the examples used aren't actually TV shows) and stumbled on a page about Formula 1. Given that most of the TV examples seem to be sci-fi, fantasy or at the very least fictional, I was surprised. So you can imagine my amazement when I saw the following sentence at the end of the summary section:

"There is a website dedicated to covering the F1 moments, drivers, and teams that were all So Bad Its Horrible. It can be found here."

And where did the here go? To F1 Rejects' home page!

The only site providers to be mentioned on there are ITV and the BBC, and neither got a direct link. Perhaps Wikipedia should rethink its idea of F1 Rejects not having notability...
Collieafc

Re: F1 Rejects at TV Tropes

Post by Collieafc »

I noticed it too, a few weeks ago. We were the most referenced and hinted at site in the whole entry! :D
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Some brilliant phrases on there:

Most of the commercial dealings are controlled by a billionaire short bloke with a mop top haircut called Bernie Ecclestone.

The current champion is Jenson Button, driving for Brawn GP, a Briton whose girlfriend (as the papers never hesitate to point out) models lingerie.

Nelson Piquet, Brazilian 3-time champion- known for playing practical jokes.

Is "playing a practical joke" what PK Jnr. thought he was doing at Singapore turn 17?
Currently there is something that you might call if you were a headline writer "Fota Lota Botha",

technical rule changes are often a cue for fans to say They Changed It Now It Sucks.

Other famous tracks still in use are Monza (Italy), Silverstone/Donnington if they sort the issues/Silverstone again (UK),
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

The current champion is Jenson Button, driving for Brawn GP, a Briton whose girlfriend (as the papers never hesitate to point out) models lingerie.

I mut be the only person in the world who didn't know this! The German commentators I listen to always mention her name, but never her profession. That's what you get for not reading the
shinji wrote:'news for stupid people'
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

P_Friesacher wrote:

I mut be the only person in the world who didn't know this! The German commentators I listen to always mention her name, but never her profession. That's what you get for not reading the
shinji wrote:'news for stupid people'

Must admit I didn't really know it myself, but knew she was Japanese/of Japanese descent...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

The best F1 joker will always be Gerhard Berger. Nelson Piquet is just a hood by comparison.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:The best F1 joker will always be Gerhard Berger. Nelson Piquet is just a hood by comparison.

If you look in a dictionary, you'll see the second definition for 'awesome' is Gerhard Berger, just below HWNSNBM...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Waris

Post by Waris »

Well, Formula One is so weird, unpredictable, fantastical and on occasion dumb, that it's almost the same as fiction anyway. :lol:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

digipen13 wrote:Lol @ Waris.
Well, I find F1 that way too. =)

Spum!?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

That's got to be the most realistic spambot yet. For a second I almost thought it was human (albeit a rather unintelligent one, but still, I've seen people post even worse stuff on the internet than that).
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

It's a spammer. Just look at his/her/its sig.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I would have missed that had you guys not said anything.

Which reminds me: please click the report button when you see spam. It makes it a lot quicker to find it.