F1 Dreams

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: F1 Dreams

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I've forgotten most of the F1-related dream I had last night, but what I can remember is Aston Martin, Jaguar and Cooper all returning to F1, and just to make things confusing they all had the same British Racing Green livery. The Cooper was quite distinctive though, being a biofuel-powered T51!
#FreeGonzo
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

In the morning, I dreamt I was watching the British GP again and as IRL it was raining. Hamilton and Rosberg spun and got beached and Vettel crashed exiting the pit-lane. I guessed Raikkonen was now leading... but then I woke up. :(
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

good_Ralf wrote:In the morning, I dreamt I was watching the British GP again and as IRL it was raining. Hamilton and Rosberg spun and got beached and Vettel crashed exiting the pit-lane. I guessed Raikkonen was now leading... but then I woke up. :(

The dream ends when Will Stevens wins the race
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
wmetcalf7 4

Post by wmetcalf7 4 »

A few nights ago I finally had an F1-related dream (I rarely have one, even though I know quite a bit about F1 for my age), yet it was.... Probably a bit too disturbing for a family forum. Trust me, it's disgusting, and I'll just say this: It involves Nico Hulkenberg in a battle in a GT race at some random track. He spins, and I'm just gonna leave it there because after that it gets pretty disturbing. :roll: :badoer:
#GetWellWickens
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

wmetcalf7 4 wrote: It involves Nico Hulkenberg in a battle in a GT race at some random track. He spins, and I'm just gonna leave it there because after that it gets pretty disturbing. :roll: :badoer:

Errr…he got rear ended? Another driver mounted on top of his wing? Something was ejected from his cockpit that smothered another driver in the face? Combo of all three? Must have been quite a hefty bang if it isn't suitable for this forum.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

WaffleCat wrote:
wmetcalf7 4 wrote: It involves Nico Hulkenberg in a battle in a GT race at some random track. He spins, and I'm just gonna leave it there because after that it gets pretty disturbing. :roll: :badoer:

Errr…he got rear ended? Another driver mounted on top of his wing? Something was ejected from his cockpit that smothered another driver in the face? Combo of all three? Must have been quite a hefty bang if it isn't suitable for this forum.

Was Nutella involved.... ?
Waris

Post by Waris »

A few nights ago I dreamed that a new American team with a red car entered F1. The team name was something like "Red Force India" (clearly I must've been confusing Haas, Forza Rossa and Force India). Now, the interesting thing was that one of the drivers was Juan Pablo Montoya, making his return to F1 after a 10-year absence, and the other seat was shared between three drivers, two of which were British drivers of not much notability, and the other was none other than TAKUMA SATO.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Waris

Post by Waris »

Well, this is only tangentially related to F1, but the other night I dreamed that my friend whom I've known since early childhood had died, and that a new hotel was being opened next to my mother's house by these two guys, one of whom was gay and apparently thought André Lotterer was hot.

(I have the craziest dreams)
Bobby Doorknobs

Dreamt last night about a radical overhaul of the calendar for next year, although the only bit I remember was the addition of a Faroe Islands Grand Prix.

I also remembered a dream I had several months ago, where for the Spanish Grand Prix, all the drivers had to drive Alfettas. It was awesome :D
#FreeGonzo
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

I was driving for Renault with Alonso in 2003. However I actually didn't drive, my dream is was just me in the paddock and talking to the engineers.

I forget which GP it was though.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Simtek wrote:I also remembered a dream I had several months ago, where for the Spanish Grand Prix, all the drivers had to drive Alfettas. It was awesome :D

The 1950 racing cars or the saloon cars from the 70s? (Both would be awesome, imho).
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Bobby Doorknobs

novitopoli wrote:
Simtek wrote:I also remembered a dream I had several months ago, where for the Spanish Grand Prix, all the drivers had to drive Alfettas. It was awesome :D

The 1950 racing cars or the saloon cars from the 70s? (Both would be awesome, imho).

The 1950 cars, but yeah, the saloon cars would also be awesome :)
#FreeGonzo
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I did have a dream about the 2015 Honda having a BAR-esque livery of white and red. Perhaps I do miss half the liveries been white after all.

Could Honda get away with that livery again, even without the tobacco sponsors?
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:I did have a dream about the 2015 Honda having a BAR-esque livery of white and red. Perhaps I do miss half the liveries been white after all.

I reckon that's possible...

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

dr-baker wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:I did have a dream about the 2015 Honda having a BAR-esque livery of white and red. Perhaps I do miss half the liveries been white after all.

I reckon that's possible...

[big image]

Wow that livery on the 1960s car looks fantastic. The simple white with the Japanese red circle and the logo on the front. Less is more, I guess. I'd like to see the teams right now do simple bright liveries as well as Ferrari.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Bobby Doorknobs

Last night I dreamt that Maldonado replaced Merhi at Manor, with Vergne taking the Reverend's place at Lotus, and that it was announced that Vandoorne would not be getting a drive in F1 next season.
#FreeGonzo
Waris

Post by Waris »

Recently I dreamed that it was 2004 and Giorgio Pantano won a race in the Jordan. Trulli was 2nd. I don't remember who was 3rd. After that, Pantano was touted as a great talent for the future, but he was dropped at the end of the season and from 2005 onwards everything was exactly the same as in reality.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Waris wrote:Recently I dreamed that it was 2004 and Giorgio Pantano won a race in the Jordan. Trulli was 2nd. I don't remember who was 3rd. After that, Pantano was touted as a great talent for the future, but he was dropped at the end of the season and from 2005 onwards everything was exactly the same as in reality.

I think that might have been an F1 04 (ie. the game) race you were imagining. After all, on career mode, there was often the possibility of retiring from a race early then hearing "GIANMARIA BRUNI...HAS WON THE RACE, HE'S FINISHED!"
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AdrianBelmonte_

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:2015 USA Grand Prix, last lap, Will Stevens starts his final lap at the time that Taylor Swift "does a Pelé" and waves the checkered flag for Stevens, not only that, later, after Hamilton crossed the line, Taylor accidentally dropped the flag to the track

At least i predicted the winner lol
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

Last night I dreamt that a Grand Prix was being held in some unnamed Mediterranean town on a very tight, hilly and uneven street circuit - it looked like it was being held on the set of the 1960's film The Battle of Algiers. Between the treacherous nature of the track and some rain over practice and qualifying, most teams had wrecked a couple of cars over the weekend and as a result teams were allowed to start with whatever cars they could borrow. There were a sprinking of F2 and F3 cars and a Formula Ford or two throughout the starting grid, but the strangest substitutions were Daniel Ricciardo's 1990's off-white Renault 5 and Sergio Perez on a Vespa.

There was a 1980's level of attrition in the race, thanks to a wet, uneven surface and unforgiving walls, and Ricciardo was running in third place until two laps from the end when the (unknown) front runner ran out of fuel and Rosberg (in second) spun straight into a shopfront. I was somehow in the middle of an enthusiastic crowd thronging the start/finish straight as Ricciardo took the chequered flag and Perez came in at about 6th on his Vespa (nobody seemed to care about the other finishers).
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

More_Blue_Flags wrote:Last night I dreamt that a Grand Prix was being held in some unnamed Mediterranean town on a very tight, hilly and uneven street circuit - it looked like it was being held on the set of the 1960's film The Battle of Algiers. Between the treacherous nature of the track and some rain over practice and qualifying, most teams had wrecked a couple of cars over the weekend and as a result teams were allowed to start with whatever cars they could borrow. There were a sprinking of F2 and F3 cars and a Formula Ford or two throughout the starting grid, but the strangest substitutions were Daniel Ricciardo's 1990's off-white Renault 5 and Sergio Perez on a Vespa.

There was a 1980's level of attrition in the race, thanks to a wet, uneven surface and unforgiving walls, and Ricciardo was running in third place until two laps from the end when the (unknown) front runner ran out of fuel and Rosberg (in second) spun straight into a shopfront. I was somehow in the middle of an enthusiastic crowd thronging the start/finish straight as Ricciardo took the chequered flag and Perez came in at about 6th on his Vespa (nobody seemed to care about the other finishers).

Sounds like too much gmap-pedometer....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:too much gmap-pedometer....

That is absolutely impossible. There's no such thing as "too much gmap-pedometer".
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

tommykl wrote:

That is absolutely impossible. There's no such thing as "too much gmap-pedometer".

There is indeed such a thing, because it makes unwashed plebians think they have any idea how to design a track.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Klon wrote:
tommykl wrote:

There is indeed such a thing, because it makes unwashed plebians think they have any idea how to design a track.

You don't need runoff after a 1-km straight. The Walls Are Curved, they won't hurt anyone!
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
MorbidelliObese

Post by MorbidelliObese »

Had two dreams in successive days.

In the first, the FIA introduced a rule where teams were given so many "tokens" for team changes made in the off-season, not technical changes but things like driver, engine supplier, lead team personnel changes, sponsor additions, etc. and if they had reached their limit of tokens then the changes could not be made. Weird of course but seemed weirdly realistic in an F1 sort of way.

In the second I was at a race in the late 70s/early 80s (not sure of the year), and pointed to two yellow cars near the back of the starting grid before the start and said "those ATS's look sh*t", at which point I turned around to find Gunter Schmid had been stood behind me listening to me the whole time, and he went on to shout at me really, really loudly. I'm not even going to try and work out the meaning behind that one...
Darling fascist bully boy, give me some more money you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Not strictly F1 related, but I had a racing-related dream the other night!

Background: Earlier this year I did a race experience at Mallala Motor Sport Park. I got to drive 6 laps of the track in a pseudo V8 supercar, with Todd Hazlewood, an up and coming young Aussie driver instructing me. During the drive he said he was really impressed how quickly I picked it up (must have been all those hours on Live For Speed and iRacing...).

The dream: Todd Hazlewood was promoted to a full-time drive in the V8 Supercars championship. I happened to be attending the Bathurst 1000 and was in the paddock, then next minute they were strapping me into his car saying something about his co-driver pulling out. Unfortunately I only lasted about 4 corners in practice before burying it into the wall, but we still somehow qualified in 3rd place. Todd was pretty reluctant to let me start the race (with good reason!) but as we did the track-walk I stupidly convinced him to let me start. And then I woke up.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Bobby Doorknobs

Here's a properly weird one: I dreamt that Jim Clark had just died. No, I hadn't gone back in time to 1968, he had reached the age of 80 before passing away. According to the photographs, he had grown a beard too. Naturally, I questioned the event on account of the fact that he was surely already gone nearly 48 years, but I was only met with confusion from those who would have been around when Jimmy was destroying the competition, which only served to confirm the fact that I was indeed in a parallel universe.
#FreeGonzo
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Having just witnessed the new Red Bull circa 11pm last night (followed by a lengthy drive home from York), it was almost inveitable I found myself dreaming about F1 tests. In that, I was actually there, in the pits, watching the new cars go by. For some odd reason, many of them resembled LMP1 cars with the cockpits cut off and minus the headlights - the huge full-length shark fins were back in force and the front wing was a lot chunkier than we get now.

Weirdly, one of the teams testing was Caterham, who'd made a proper eyesore to rival their previous effort in 2014. They'd picked a Marlboro-era McLaren-esque livery, only with their usual dark green in place of the red, and with a few gold details round the white/green boundary. The nose, though - it resembled the 2010 Sauber only with the top surface completely flat and perfectly level, and then, well beyond the front wing, abruptly flattened sideways (think FootworkFA12) and curved sharply downwards, like a cheese knife hanging off the front of the car. And it seemed to be working - they were recording lap times that put them firmly in the midfield.

Then I woke up, and both Caterham and the Stilton Special were no more.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

I had a dream last night that Vitaly Petrov was replacing one of the Renault drivers, replacing Pastor Maldonado. When I woke up I remembered that Maldonado wasn't even driving this year.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Waris

Post by Waris »

I dreamed that Alfa Romeo re-entered F1. Their car had a paintjob similar to this year's Ferrari, with white parts and the Italian flag stripes. Also, Ford was entering F1 as a works team, by bringing back Stewart-Ford, which was funny because now the new Stewart was running against Red Bull, which was the old Stewart.
AdrianBelmonte_

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:2015 USA Grand Prix, last lap, Will Stevens starts his final lap at the time that Taylor Swift "does a Pelé" and waves the checkered flag for Stevens, not only that, later, after Hamilton crossed the line, Taylor accidentally dropped the flag to the track

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12520/ ... ed-in-2016

Tay-Tay will be in USA GP, there's still hope...
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:

At the very least, she'll Shake It Off...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AdrianBelmonte_

Ataxia wrote:
AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:

At the very least, she'll Shake It Off...

#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Waris

Post by Waris »

I dreamed AGAIN that Stewart-Ford returned to F1, this time by taking over Red Bull. Interestingly the cars were not white but blue, not like the Red Bull blue but more like the blue from the old Stewart, except without the tartan.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Is F1 so dreary at the moment (thinking of the initial reaction to the Malaysian Grand Prix thread) that nobody dreams about it any more? Let my brainwrongs of last night serve as a warning of how much more dull it could be.

So...

I was wandering through a white-walled, neon-lit museum - think something like the Science Museum "enhanced" by the kind of people who wander the streets of Soho at night - when something caught my eye, a multi-floor section where the walls were black, there were no neon lights and the heading was "The World's Most Boring Formula One Team".

Intrigued, I left the neon lights and investigated. The museum told the story of the Trade Formula One team, a bunch of forgotten Americans who had competed for two years without ever threatening to do anything exciting or (presumably) trouble the scoreboard - the exhibit made no reference to their results. Their first season car (the TJ-01) on show was a very conservative design from the turn of the century, with an almost completely white livery with black wings and the very occasional flash of red and grey - think BAR-Honda (2002-06 era) pared back to its absolute minimum - and sponsors were conspicuous by their absence, there was just a "Trade" logo and a number (64, oddly) in the Stop font, the one concession to anything remotely dynamic going on in the team (Forti used this font in 1995, but it was quite hard to tell with the numbers 21 and 22 and them never getting any airtime!)

The exhibit said that Allan McNish had been one of the drivers in the first season and explicitly quoted him as saying "ah, well, why not" when asked why he signed for Trade after his one season with Toyota, but no others were revealed - neither was an engine supplier, maybe they were embarrassed to be associated with a team that made Toyota's "designed by committee" philosophy look like Hesketh Racing in comparison. There was a small wind tunnel model present, painted all in black, very few pictures of anyone associated with the team, and there was just one picture of the car on the track in testing. They'd shunned any kind of launch party for their first car and preferred to hit the track straight away with nobody looking, at a time when even Minardi would have some kind of event even though they couldn't afford it.

All along, the captions on the exhibits of the team's intentionally dull-as-ditchwater paraphernalia was explicitly discouraging us all from looking at it. For every fact it gave us, it was followed with something along the lines of "This is so boring! Why are you wasting your time looking at this? Go and find something else!" and yet here I was, absolutely fascinated by this boring team because I wanted to find out why they were so boring, because I'd expected an American team to be run by a huge, cigar-chomping Donald Trump type figure rather than (what I'd assumed to be) a team of accountants in pavement grey suits - there was no mention of a team principal anywhere.

What to make of all this? "Think how badly it could have gone for Haas"...
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:neither was an engine supplier, maybe they were embarrassed to be associated with a team that made Toyota's "designed by committee" philosophy look like Hesketh Racing in comparison.

Maybe it was a Cosworth - owned by an American firm (Ford) yet independent, and boring as it was a customer unit that so many small, independent teams have previously used, therefore meaning this team was not anything special and just like all the others. And being an independent engine supplier would explain the lack of engine decals on the body work. Or am I overthinking this?

dinizintheoven wrote:... because I'd expected an American team to be run by a huge, cigar-chomping Donald Trump type figure rather than (what I'd assumed to be) a team of accountants in pavement grey suits - there was no mention of a team principal anywhere.

Shame on you for not mentioning the demi-deity of all that is American F1, the one-and-only, omniscient, omnipotent, future World Driver's Champion and winning Constructor, DON PENTECOST!!!!!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:Shame on you for not mentioning the demi-deity of all that is American F1, the one-and-only, omniscient, omnipotent, future World Driver's Champion and winning Constructor, DON PENTECOST!!!!!!!

Seeing as this was either 2003-04 or 2004-05 (depending on whether or not Allan McNish took the Renault test drive), that lunatic was still in a shack in Scottsdale polishing his attack knives and his arsenal of guns and dreaming himself of the glory days of motorbike racing when he'd one day be THA OLDEST CHAMPEEN OF MOTO-GP, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF THA F.I.M. Y'ALL, ON A BIKE I DONE MADE MUHSELF FROM BITS AND PIECES OF TRUE AMERICAN HARLEY-DAVIDSONS (AND DON'T Y'ALL TELL NOBODY I DONE TOOK THA ENGINE FROM A SOO-ZUCKY). FOR 'MERICUH, LADY LIBERTY, GEORGE DUBYA BUSH AND JESUS, Y'ALL!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Shame on you for not mentioning the demi-deity of all that is American F1, the one-and-only, omniscient, omnipotent, future World Driver's Champion and winning Constructor, DON PENTECOST!!!!!!!

Seeing as this was either 2003-04 or 2004-05 (depending on whether or not Allan McNish took the Renault test drive), that lunatic was still in a shack in Scottsdale polishing his attack knives and his arsenal of guns and dreaming himself of the glory days of motorbike racing when he'd one day be THA OLDEST CHAMPEEN OF MOTO-GP, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF THA F.I.M. Y'ALL, ON A BIKE I DONE MADE MUHSELF FROM BITS AND PIECES OF TRUE AMERICAN HARLEY-DAVIDSONS (AND DON'T Y'ALL TELL NOBODY I DONE TOOK THA ENGINE FROM A SOO-ZUCKY). FOR 'MERICUH, LADY LIBERTY, GEORGE DUBYA BUSH AND JESUS, Y'ALL!

Now THAT I would pay to see!
MCard LOLA
AdrianBelmonte_

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:

There's a part 2 on this dream, cause i dreamed about her wearing a dress made of HALOS during her gig

A la this

#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Waris

Post by Waris »

I dreamed that Max Verstappen won a race by being the only driver to make no pit stop at all. Ah, too bad that isn't possible in real life...