F1 Dreams

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Re: F1 Dreams

Post by WeirdKerr »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:How odd last night i dreamt that i was watching the 3rd race of the season and the mercedes won but there was a mix up with the commentary feeds or something so we had some strange commentary team......

Which* one of Mercedes drivers won the race?

I've just remembered a dream that I had an year ago!
Before Barhain grand prix cancellation, in january, I dreamt of Schumacher winning that grand prix. In my dream I was not at home and I was afraid to arrive home too late to watch the race, then I went in a bar and watched the race there.

ummm that* was all a bit vague.......
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

From what I can remember from my dream last night/this morning, I was watching Sebastian Vettel drive a lap of a street circuit around Oulton Broad (an area of Lowestoft in East Anglia) in a car with the front half in Red Bull livery, and the rear half in the awful 2009 Renault livery. Having seen him take pole position with a 1:20 lap, I wandered off, only to bump into Nigel Mansell getting out of a sickly green Vauxhall Vectra. He said hello and we had a small chat. Figure that one out :?

(I didn't get to sleep until 2AM, and had been to a pub gig to watch my mate's band earlier. And it was snowing...)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
JeanDenisAlcatraz

Post by JeanDenisAlcatraz »

Double post.
Last edited by JeanDenisAlcatraz on 06 Feb 2012, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
JeanDenisAlcatraz

Post by JeanDenisAlcatraz »

East Londoner wrote:From what I can remember from my dream last night/this morning, I was watching Sebastian Vettel drive a lap of a street circuit around Oulton Broad (an area of Lowestoft in East Anglia) in a car with the front half in Red Bull livery, and the rear half in the awful 2009 Renault livery. Having seen him take pole position with a 1:20 lap, I wandered off, only to bump into Nigel Mansell getting out of a sickly green Vauxhall Vectra. He said hello and we had a small chat. Figure that one out :?

(I didn't get to sleep until 2AM, and had been to a pub gig to watch my mate's band earlier. And it was snowing...)

Having been to Oulton Broad on a boating trip, that would be incredible.

Lovely part of the world. European GP to East Anglia? :D
whatisdeletrazdoing

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

So I fell asleep watching Saving Private Ryan while watching YouTube videos of the new car launches, and this happened in my dream.

It was the Canadian Grand Prix and Schumacher led from the start with Rosberg close behind in a Tiger Tank finished in the Silver colors of Mercedes. However, Schumacher spun at the final chicane and Rosberg went Through the wall of champions to avoid him. Rosberg then lost the lead because of a 30 lap pit stop to change the super soft pirelli tank treads. Alonso then takes the lead, who by the way had to shave his eyebrows as part of weight shedding measures. Christian Horner shoots Alonso's tires using a carbon fiber sniper rifle designed by Adrian Newey, handing the lead to Vettel, who is driving Webber's car after a crash in practice. Webber is forced to drive one of those mini coopers with the huge red bull can on top of it. Vettel wins with Kovalinen and Grrrssjjnn finishing the podium, but Hekki and Rmmmnnn are disqualified because they drove each others car after getting confused on what team they drove for, thus giving second to Karthikein driving his NASCAR Truck and third to the safety car.

And that's what goes on in the mind of the average 16 year old American.
Last edited by whatisdeletrazdoing on 06 Feb 2012, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmaokoen/ Lego F1 Cars
CarlosFerreira wrote:I am vaguely annoyed by Vettel.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

whatisdeletrazdoing wrote:So I fell asleep watching Saving Private Ryan while watching YouTube videos of the new car launches, and this happened in my dream.

It was the Canadian Grand Prix and Schumacher led from the start with Rosberg close behind in a Tiger Tank finished in the Silver colors of Mercedes. However, Schumacher spun at the final chicane and Rosberg went [b]Through[b] the wall of champions to avoid him. Rosberg then lost the lead because of a 30 lap pit stop to change the super soft pirelli tank treads. Alonso then takes the lead, who by the way had to shave his eyebrows as part of weight shedding measures. Christian Horner shoots Alonso's tires using a carbon fiber sniper rifle designed by Adrian Newey, handing the lead to Vettel, who is driving Webber's car after a crash in practice. Webber is forced to drive one of those mini coopers with the huge red bull can on top of it. Vettel wins with Kovalinen and Grrrssjjnn finishing the podium, but Hekki and Rmmmnnn are disqualified because they drove each others car after getting confused on what team they drove for, thus giving second to Karthikein driving his NASCAR Truck and third to the safety car.

Are illegal substances legal in your area? :lol:
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

whatisdeletrazdoing wrote:So I fell asleep watching Saving Private Ryan while watching YouTube videos of the new car launches, and this happened in my dream.

It was the Canadian Grand Prix and Schumacher led from the start with Rosberg close behind in a Tiger Tank finished in the Silver colors of Mercedes. However, Schumacher spun at the final chicane and Rosberg went [b]Through[b] the wall of champions to avoid him. Rosberg then lost the lead because of a 30 lap pit stop to change the super soft pirelli tank treads. Alonso then takes the lead, who by the way had to shave his eyebrows as part of weight shedding measures. Christian Horner shoots Alonso's tires using a carbon fiber sniper rifle designed by Adrian Newey, handing the lead to Vettel, who is driving Webber's car after a crash in practice. Webber is forced to drive one of those mini coopers with the huge red bull can on top of it. Vettel wins with Kovalinen and Grrrssjjnn finishing the podium, but Hekki and Rmmmnnn are disqualified because they drove each others car after getting confused on what team they drove for, thus giving second to Karthikein driving his NASCAR Truck and third to the safety car.

This could almost make a good idea for a movie. The Dirty Dozen: F1 Edition.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

DOSBoot wrote:This could almost make a good idea for a movie. The Dirty Dozen: F1 Edition.

I'd go to the cinema to watch it.
Hell, I'd even buy a collector's edition DVD/BD/whatever :D
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

A large amount of my formula 1 dreams involve the designs of the cars having changed to such an extent that they no longer look like Formula 1 cars (no cracks about the new dropped nose, please!) - they end up looking like sports cars or even bubble cars, often with a range of different types of car throughout the field. I always feel this spoils it, as it's no longer really formula 1. I also rarely dream about actual drivers - the field is normally made up of newbie drivers I don't recognise.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Last night I had a weird dream about Alonso: in my dream it was April 2010, I was in my living room and I was watching qualifying on TV, seeing Alonso taking pole position with a Ferrari in Imola. :o
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Not to long ago, I had a dream that I was watching some race with Webber leading a race that could give him the drivers championship, only for him to crash and Vettel to take the win instead.

Something like this was going through my mind when I woke up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWLBljvEG-M

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I had one of these last night. I was seeing the start of a new season on TV - for some reason the race was in India. Biggest surprise were the HRT in the midfield. From the beginning of the race, there is not much I can remember, except an awful lot of retirements with technical issues, one of them a Sauber, Timo Glock's Virgin, a Force India and a Ferrari, I believe Fernando Alonso. The pitstops arise and due to stopping latest, Karthikeyan takes the lead and I start to believe he could stay there after his stop. The pitstop is botched however, and he comes out ninth, just behind De La Rosa. Meanwhile, another car retires, I can't remember that one and the announcers explain why HRT are so good (something about teams being forced to use a new material for the electronics)...
Pedestrian

Post by Pedestrian »

I had my first F1 related dream of the year last night. It was a bad dream because I missed the Australian GP (I had forgotten the hour of the race) and had to find out the results from the sports news, but allso a good dream because the winner was a driver I support: Jenson Button.
Allso, the cars looked a bit strange. Most had flattened, but not stepped, noses and Williams had brought a new rear wing "one-curve" exactly like the one from the first Eifelland car.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Last night I had a Formula 1 related dream: I was watching a race on TV, I was at my present age but in the dream it was 1999, and Verstappen won the race driving a 1995 Simtek. :o

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Last night I had a Formula 1 related dream: I was watching a race on TV, I was at my present age but in the dream it was 1999, and Verstappen won the race driving a 1995 Simtek. :o

If it was 1999, it could well have been the 1999 European Grand Prix, only with an even crazier result. Please tell me Luca Badoer got into the points in your dream :(
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

East Londoner wrote:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Last night I had a Formula 1 related dream: I was watching a race on TV, I was at my present age but in the dream it was 1999, and Verstappen won the race driving a 1995 Simtek. :o

If it was 1999, it could well have been the 1999 European Grand Prix, only with an even crazier result. Please tell me Luca Badoer got into the points in your dream :(

I don't remember nothing but what I said about Verstappen. I don't know which other drivers were into the points.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
East Londoner wrote:

I don't remember nothing but what I said about Verstappen. I don't know which other drivers were into the points.

So let's assume he did then, but in either 5th or 6th so he remains an eligible reject!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Just had a dream last night that I was watching the Valencia GP on TV. Kamui Kobayashi had pole position in the Sauber. The race was just about to start when I accidentally changed the channel, and I couldn't find the right station to get back to. After which, I woke up.

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DOSBoot wrote:Just had a dream last night that I was watching the Valencia GP on TV. Kamui Kobayashi had pole position in the Sauber. The race was just about to start when I accidentally changed the channel, and I couldn't find the right station to get back to. After which, I woke up.

Should have got Sky :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

dr-baker wrote:So let's assume he did then, but in either 5th or 6th so he remains an eligible reject!

Okay. I would have been pleased to see him in the points. ;)

wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

I had a dream where Alonso won at Brazil, Massa was 2nd with his 2008 car, 3rd was Jos Verstappen in the '94 Benetton, 4th was Maldonado, and 5th was Slim Borgudd ( :shock: )
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
Waris

Post by Waris »

Had I told you lot about that dream with Schumacher in the Spezia car yet?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Waris wrote:Had I told you lot about that dream with Schumacher in the Spezia car yet?

Doesn't ring a bell...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Last night I dreamt of Schumacher announcing his retirement from Formula 1 at the end of 2012. I hope it doesn't happen. :-)

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Last night I dreamt of Schumacher announcing his retirement from Formula 1 at the end of 2012. I hope it doesn't happen. :-)

Honestly I thought he was going to retire after last season... but it wasn't in a dream, just a silly prediction. I wouldn't be surprised if he did retire after this season, but it would still be very sad...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Last night I dreamt of Schumacher announcing his retirement from Formula 1 at the end of 2012. I hope it doesn't happen. :-)

*crosses fingers*
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I hate disagreeing with women, or even ladies, but I hope it DOES happen. He hasn't exactly disgraced himself since his return (barring trying to drive Rubens into the Hungarian pit wall 18 months ago) but he hasn't exactly set the world alight either. He is more than capable of getting the car into the points, yet unable to score a podium, even less a win. I envisage more of the same this year. If that happens, what do Mercedes gain from keeping him on? What does Schumacher gain from staying on, other than the joy of racing? Personally, if he wishes to continue on racing, I think he should either join Mercedes's DTM team or join Audi in sportscar racing - returning to his pre-F1 roots...
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I don't think he will retire at the end of this year.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:

I hate disagreeing with women, or even ladies, but I hope it DOES happen. He hasn't exactly disgraced himself since his return (barring trying to drive Rubens into the Hungarian pit wall 18 months ago) but he hasn't exactly set the world alight either. He is more than capable of getting the car into the points, yet unable to score a podium, even less a win. I envisage more of the same this year. If that happens, what do Mercedes gain from keeping him on? What does Schumacher gain from staying on, other than the joy of racing? Personally, if he wishes to continue on racing, I think he should either join Mercedes's DTM team or join Audi in sportscar racing - returning to his pre-F1 roots...

You're just milking your title for all it's worth now aren't you? :lol:

Then again, I do agree with you to an extent. That extent being he's still got some great drives left in him (Japan 2010, Canada 2011 and Belgium 2011 come to mind) while at the same time he does have races where he can't help but be a muppet (I think it was Turkey last year where he pretty much spent all race hitting and being overtaken by anything that moved)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie, what is with your obsession with calling everyone muppets :mrgreen:

Although most of the time they are acting like muppets.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:Wizzie, what is with your obsession with calling everyone muppets :mrgreen:

Although most of the time they are acting like muppets.

I honestly don't know really. :lol:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

dr-baker wrote:I hate disagreeing with women, or even ladies, but I hope it DOES happen. He hasn't exactly disgraced himself since his return (barring trying to drive Rubens into the Hungarian pit wall 18 months ago) but he hasn't exactly set the world alight either. He is more than capable of getting the car into the points, yet unable to score a podium, even less a win. I envisage more of the same this year. If that happens, what do Mercedes gain from keeping him on? What does Schumacher gain from staying on, other than the joy of racing? Personally, if he wishes to continue on racing, I think he should either join Mercedes's DTM team or join Audi in sportscar racing - returning to his pre-F1 roots...

You're right, Schumacher's result are not the same that were in the past. The reason why I hope to see him in Formula 1 again is that in my opinion there are some drivers who have to leave Formula 1 because of their age, but some of them (Barrichello too) deserve more to stay in F1 than some other new drivers...

Don't worry: I'm a girl, but it doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with me! ;)

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I had a dream where Wayne Rooney joined al-Qaeda, bombed Old Trafford while myself and several hundred random racing drivers were standing on the pitch enclosed in a giant Star Trek-esque forcefield. Sebastian Loeb then talked to me in French so I didn't understand a word he said and swiftly drove off in his old Citroen C4 being chased by an army of black tanks with massive Ford logos plastered all over them. His C4 then morphed into a Scuderia Toro Rosso STR2 which then crossed the finish line at Silverstone to win the British Grand Prix, with Djibril Cisse second driving a Peugeot 406 and myself in third place driving the Lotus T127.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

kostas22 wrote:I had a dream where Wayne Rooney joined al-Qaeda, bombed Old Trafford while myself and several hundred random racing drivers were standing on the pitch enclosed in a giant Star Trek-esque forcefield. Sebastian Loeb then talked to me in French so I didn't understand a word he said and swiftly drove off in his old Citroen C4 being chased by an army of black tanks with massive Ford logos plastered all over them. His C4 then morphed into a Scuderia Toro Rosso STR2 which then crossed the finish line at Silverstone to win the British Grand Prix, with Djibril Cisse second driving a Peugeot 406 and myself in third place driving the Lotus T127.

That....

Is very bizarre.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

kostas22 wrote:I had a dream where Wayne Rooney joined al-Qaeda, bombed Old Trafford while myself and several hundred random racing drivers were standing on the pitch enclosed in a giant Star Trek-esque forcefield. Sebastian Loeb then talked to me in French so I didn't understand a word he said and swiftly drove off in his old Citroen C4 being chased by an army of black tanks with massive Ford logos plastered all over them. His C4 then morphed into a Scuderia Toro Rosso STR2 which then crossed the finish line at Silverstone to win the British Grand Prix, with Djibril Cisse second driving a Peugeot 406 and myself in third place driving the Lotus T127.

You must have an awesome imagination....... :P
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Cisse didn't get injured by any chance did he? But that's quite a bizarre dream...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Don't worry: I'm a girl, but it doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with me! ;)

You hear that dr-baker? You don't have to think about disagreeing with people, this is a place to discuss opinions.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

redbulljack14 wrote:
Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:Don't worry: I'm a girl, but it doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with me! ;)

You hear that dr-baker? You don't have to think about disagreeing with people, this is a place to discuss opinions.

I love you guys (and girls!!!). :P
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

dr-baker wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

I love you guys and girls!!!. :P

We already know that. :lol:

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

eurobrun wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I love you guys and girls!!!. :P

We already know that. :lol:

He just doesn't love my virtual drivers. :lol:
I like the way Snrub thinks!