090501 Bahrain GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

090501 Bahrain GP Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

Just posted our Bahrain GP edition. Unfortunately recorded just before the FIA announced the refueling ban and set their other plans more in stone.

We cover the China podium, the FIA's decision on McLaren, Donington, the GP itself and our Adrian Sutil voodoo doll, plus another GMIF1P and a throwaway Top 10 on the heels of Bernie's wishes for a black, jewish, female driver in F1.

(Apologies for the audio quality which for various reasons was even worse than usual).

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jamie
Nin13

Re: 090501 Bahrain GP Edition

Post by Nin13 »

Hey, BMWs deserved reject of the race.
I had put my money on Kubica for title and it was bad mistake but i have jumped on to Brawn GP ship....................... :D :D
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Kuwashima wrote:Unfortunately recorded just before the FIA announced the refueling ban

Looking forward to all the banter on this...
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Nice to see - or rather, hear - the national anthem mix-up from China being rectified!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Thank you for yet another great F1 rejects podcast to the site-author, the webmaster and the senior Grand Prix analyst.
Yes, I've noticed the decline in audio quality, but it doesn't rain in Bahrain during a race, so nothing would get lost in the mix on the grounds of a lower resolution. My guess is that forum traffic keeps adding up.
Wishing you lots of success with your new merchandise article. The icons on the shirts are really hilarious, but still, your potential customers would have difficulties explaining what their shirt is about, just like Max did have difficulties in explaining the situation that the shirt refers to. I'm not sure if a "Chinese F1 Idol" T-Shirt would sell better, but an HWNSNBM shirt surely would. Of course, for that you would have to get a license by the man himself ...
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Great podcasts guys!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Prodigious work rate this season guys, well done.

Sounds like it was recorded in your toilet though.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Another great podcast guys, however I must take issue with your view that Toyota lost the race rather than Button winning it. That was a truly great drive by Button, and the overtake on Hamilton (with KERS) was the absolutely critical part of the race. Something Vettel couldn't do. Anyone would think you are biased against British drivers... don't worry even if Button wins the WDC you'll have plenty to gloat about this summer with the Ashes approaching.

I have to say your honest appraisal of Webber did balance things somewhat!
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"