F1 Rejects World Championship - Round 5 - Spain

Archive for the three above subforums
MinardiFan95

F1 Rejects World Championship - Round 5 - Spain

Post by MinardiFan95 »

The 5th race of the 2010 F1 Rejects Championship is at the Circuit de Catalunya in Spain. This track is one of the tracks used for winter testing and it is one of the hardest tracks to overtake on. Weather forecast for the race is sunny all weekend.

Entry List
GP4

Driver, Car
kostas22, Prost AP04
Wizzie, Minardi PS01
eytl, Arrows A22
redbulljack14, Jaguar R2
LucaPacchiarini, Sauber C20
Enforcer, Jordan EJ11

F106

Driver, Car

kostas22, Super Aguri SA05
Shadaza, Scuderia Toro Rosso STR1
ADx_Wales, Midland M16
Sauber010, BMW Sauber F1.06
MinardiFan95, Red Bull RB2
shinji, Honda RA106
danardif1, Williams FW28

F1 Challenge '99-02 (Season '99)

Driver, Car

f1-gast, BAR 01
Sullivangate, Minardi M01
Ferrim, Arrows A20
dragonsteincole, Prost AP02
AndreaModa, Sauber C18
Shadaza, Stewart SF-3
Nuppiz, Jordan 199
watka, Williams FW21

Rules
F106
Opponent AI: Your choice
Race Length: 30%
Damage: On
Fuel Use & Tyre Wear: Scaled
Component Failure: On
Weather: Sunny
Penalties: On
Allowed Driving Aids: Stability Control, Anti Lock Brakes, Automatic Gearbox
Allowed Setup Options: Tyres, Fuel, Gear ratios, front and rear wing settings

Grand Prix 4 (PC)
Opposition Difficulty: Your choice
Damage: On
Faliures: All On
Allowed Aids: Auto Gearbox, Traction Control, Steering Help, Launch Control

F1 Challenge '99-02:
Opposition Difficulty: 100%
Damage: 100%
Failures: Time Scaled
Allowed Aids: Auto Gearbox, Traction Control, Steering Help, Stability Control

Other Rules
No shortcutting
No wall-riding
Try to keep at least two wheels on the track at all times and avoid contact with AI cars.
You must qualify for the race.

1st: 10, 2nd: 6, 3rd: 4, 4th: 3, 5th: 2, 6th: 1

Deadline
The deadline for submission of results is 23:59 (GMT) Sunday 28th of March. To submit results, please email me (MinardiFan95) before the deadline with the following details filled in:

Driver:
Fastest Lap:
Pit Stops:
Total Race Time:
ROTR (European GP):
IIDOTR (European GP):
This is a cool spot.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Rejects World Championship - Round 5 - Spain

Post by shinji »

I probably won't get this done, going to Boston for a week tomorrow.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I'm Benetton by the way, not Williams. I'm also assuming that tyre wear and fuel use is also time scaled?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

watka wrote:I'm Benetton by the way, not Williams. I'm also assuming that tyre wear and fuel use is also time scaled?

If you want so, then yes. Because we're driving 30% of the original race length, then 3X fuel and tyre wear would be the best.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
danardif1

Post by danardif1 »

Results entered now...

I had a good race, but it was hard work keeping the concentration up!!

EDIT: noticed that others have put a little race report... I'll try from what I remember

Having made it into Q3 with the 2nd fastest time, I was confident that my Danardi-run Williams could maybe get a top 5 slot... I couldn't get any decent pace with fuel onboard and came up last in Q3 in 10th :(

Getting round to the start, I made a blinding getaway and was up to 5th by the first corner, just being squeezed out of 4th by Button's Honda... Held on to the front pack well through the first half of the lap, and then got a great exit out of T7/8 and was right on Button's tail through Campsa, before jumping him AND Alonso into the hairpin :D (last of the last brakers here!!). Held on to third ok for the first stint, but started to wear the tyres out (I was on the softs) by halfway, managing to keep them together well enough to get to my stop with the quicker guys still behind me. Unfortunately that was to change as Alonso was stopping after me and then jumped me two laps later :(

After that it was quite comfortable, having a 5 second gap to Button, and keeping Alonso in sight til the finish!
Last edited by danardif1 on 28 Mar 2010, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
KAMUI KOBAYASHI

After some more irreverant F1 debate? Join http://www.f1-nation.ning.com!
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

NIPPO-ITALIAN WILDCARDS
race report
Barcelona

The Barcelona track sucks.Qualified 11th, had a rocket start and I was 6th after the first corner. Then I overtook a Williams in the first hairpin (turn 3) and a Jordan (turn 4) becoming fourth! The Barcelona track sucks.
After a few laps, Trulli slipstreamed past me in the straight, so I was 5th. The Barcelona track sucks.
Barrichello tried to repeat that move but failed going wide. I also punted him a bit. The Barcelona track sucks.
After a while, Montoya passed me in the same spot, but I managed to keep contact with him and repassed him on turn 3. The Barcelona track sucks.
On lap 12, I did a mistake in the first chicane and Montoya passed me again. Sixth. The Barcelona track sucks.
After a few laps, Barrichello tried to make a move on me and this time he managed to keep it on the road. I was out of the point zone... The Barcelona track sucks.
In the last laps I spun two times because I was fed up racing in this awful piece of track. The Barcelona track sucks.
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Press release from Zoran-Stoddart Alliance GP

Unfortunately, Barcelona not go well for us. We took 2 cars to track for Ashley Watkinson and Chanoch Nissany but had many troubles. For Watkinson, his car would not works because of broken electronicals. That is a grand shame because Ashley has not had much driving time in an F1 car. Nissany's car started but he had one accident at fast chicane and we have no spares to do fixes. We still think car can be fast, but we will have to wait to next race to discover. In the time between, we will look at the problems and design our colour scheme to put Mr Stoddart's and Mr Stefanovic's companies on the car. Both European and AMCO are very successful companies, and this team is proud to be linked with them. Good luck to other teams this weekend.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Hans Heyer-Esque Grand Prix Engineering Press Release, 28th March 2010
"We are incredibly happy that we finally managed to enter a race. The technical and transport problems are a thing of the past, so we could finally start a race - and on the same venue where we first appeared in the winter tests! Our driver Nick Nurmester had a fantastic race; at the start of the race he could jump up to 7th from 14th in the grid, and started to harass Barrichello for 6th place. Then Nurmester managed to out-brake Barrichello at the Seat corner, putting him up to 6th. After a few attemps at overtaking Coulthard, Nurmester decided that he won't start taking too big risks and using too much fuel and tyres, so he backed down and concentrated on defending his current position instead. Which was succesful: despite the huge pressure applied by Barrichello, he could stay in 6th place for the rest of the race (excluding temporary loss of positions during pit stops). This is a very good base for the next race."
Last edited by Nuppiz on 28 Mar 2010, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

A bit late at night for a full race report, but I had a fun little battle at the start with JPM. Ended up pushing him into the dirt on the 3rd corner. :twisted:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

PRESS RELEASE
For the first time this season DCTWRFSAMF1SRT not only finished a race, but score points too.
Using the aincent A23 chassis, rebranded as an SA06, Kostas could only make it as far as Q2 in qualifying, starting the race from 15th place, a reasonable grid slot considering the equipment at his disposal.
However a good start off the line saw him up to 12th by Turn 1 and hounding the Williamses for 10th immediately. A crazy move around the outside of Seat gave him 11th place, and a similarly unconventional move on Rosberg gave him 10th not much later, outbraking the German around the outside of La Caixa and running alongside him up the hill to take the place on the inside of Banc de Sabadell.
Two idenitcal moves followed in the next two laps to pass Montoya and Ralf Schumacher, promoting him to 8th. On Lap 4 he did it again against Barrichello, but Rubens managed to get back past at Elf on Lap 5 as the SA06 suffered from huge drag issues.
The aggressive start had taken its told however - 4 laps left before the end of the first stint and the tyres had been destroyed. Montoya caught up to the back of Kostas' SA06 and decided the best way to pass was by spinning the plucky Brit out instead of just passing him like Barrichello had. He dropped down to 14th as a result.
However he peaked as high as 6th before his first and only stop - where many others were two stopping instead. After everyone's pit stops were complete he was up to 9th, and closing down on Ralf Schumacher for the final points position.
However that fight would eventually become for 7th rather than 8th, after Trulli had an engine failure. The oil slick left behind at Seat almost caused Kostas to spin out, but despite a huge sideways moment he was able to continue.
On the penultimate lap Kostas had finally caught Ralf and was putting him under huge pressure. He lost time through Sector 1 on the last lap, but gained it all back through Sector 2 and was ready to make one last attack for 7th.
Schumacher made a small error going through Campsa - and this was the jump Kostas needed. He caught the German's slipstream going down towards La Caixa, but Ralf blocked the inside line and once again Kostas took to the outside. However, like so many times previously, he held on around the outside and got a run up towards Banc de Sabadell, braking very late and hanging Schumacher out to dry on the outside. He had no answer, and Kostas came across the line in a triumphant 7th place.

"Considering the season so far, this was a great result for us," said an elated Kostas. "I think in qualifying we had a shot at making Q3, but it just wasn't to be I guess. Still, there was a chance of scoring a Top 5 finish considering that Juan-Pablo [Montoya] spun me out but what can you do? 2 points is still a good result for us, considering this is the first time we've even managed a full race distance. Two DNFs and two DNS's was a bad start to the season, and despite having by far the oldest and most underdeveloped car today this weekend, we still managed a decent result."

His newsest team-mate Yuji Ide failed to finish at all, after crashing into the back of Nick Heidfeld at the start and ending both of their races on the spot.

However there is bad news - the team has pulled out of the GP4 class to focus solely on its F106 campaign, to try and attain the best results possible.
--END PRESS RELEASE--
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Results:

F106

1st. danardif1 (Williams):25.44.185
2nd. MinardiFan95 (Cosworthless/Red Bull): 27:08.266
3rd. kostas22 (DeCrasheris TWR Super Aguri Motorsport F1 Super Reject Team/Super Aguri): 27:56.871

GP4

1st. Enforcer (Enforcer Race Engineering/Jordan): 27:12.108
2nd. Wizzie (MRT/Minardi): 27:24.393
3rd. LucaPacchiarini (Nippo-Italian Wildcards): 28:15.370

F1C 99-02
1st. Nuppiz (Hans Heyer-esque Grand Prix Engineering/Jordan): 27:59.234

ROTR (European GP)
1st. kostas22, 2nd. Those who failed to race at all, =2nd. Mika Hakkinen, =2nd. Juan Pablo Montoya

IIDOTR (European GP)
1st. Enforcer, 2nd. Sauber010, =2nd. Wizzie, =2nd. Scott Speed
This is a cool spot.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

MinardiFan95 wrote:GP4

Damn Enforcer that difficulty increase helped you. You beat me fair and square this round (I only have myself to blame for my loss here... Hakkinen lost me the race last time for punting me off at the first Chicane at the Nurburgring).

Oh and when will we get an updated championship picture?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

MinardiFan95 wrote:ROTR (European GP)
1st. kostas22, 2nd. Those who failed to race at all, =2nd. Mika Hakkinen, =2nd. Juan Pablo Montoya

I've won every ROTR so far, right?

ROTY here I come :mrgreen:

Image Image
danardif1

Post by danardif1 »

MinardiFan95 wrote:Results:

F106

1st. danardif1 (Williams):25.44.185
2nd. MinardiFan95 (Cosworthless/Red Bull): 27:08.266
3rd. kostas22 (DeCrasheris TWR Super Aguri Motorsport F1 Super Reject Team/Super Aguri): 27:56.871

GP4

F1C 99-02
1st. Nuppiz (Hans Heyer-esque Grand Prix Engineering/Jordan): 27:59.234

ROTR (European GP)

IIDOTR (European GP)
1st. Enforcer, 2nd. Sauber010, =2nd. Wizzie, =2nd. Scott Speed

I can't believe my time was that much quicker than my rivals!!! I thought the pace of the race was really high (Massa who won was setting 1.14/low 15's all race!), especially in hard, but that quick!?! Kudos to me is all I can say :P
KAMUI KOBAYASHI

After some more irreverant F1 debate? Join http://www.f1-nation.ning.com!
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Standings:
GP4
1st. Wizzie, 42 points
2nd. Enforcer, 38 points
3rd. LucaPacchiarini, 8 points

F106
1st. MinardiFan95, 34 points
2nd. shinji, 24 points
3rd. danardif1, 10 points
=3rd. Sauber010, 10 points
5th. kostas22, 4 points

F1 Challenge
1st. dragonsteincole, 20 points
2nd. AndreaModa, 16 points
3rd. Nuppiz, 10 points

Constructors Championship
1st. MRT, 42 points
2nd. Enforcer Race Engineering, 38 points
3rd. Cosworthless GP, 34 points
4th.Super Atomic Rocket-Powered Nippony Happy 'Randy Newman-themed' Rodeo Nakano Grand Prix, 24 points
5th. DSC Motorsports, 20 points
6th. Scuderia Life-less, 16 points
7th. Kamui-Kobayashi's-Memorial-Pay-Driver-Grand-Prix, 10 points
=7th. Hans Heyer-esque Grand Prix Engineering, 10 points
=7th. danardif1, 10 points
10th. Nippo-Italian Wildcards, 8 points
11th. DeCrasheris TWR Super Aguri Motorsport F1 Super Reject Team, 4 points
This is a cool spot.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Damn I better start lifting my game... Enforcer is catching me
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

MinardiFan95 wrote:Standings:
11th. DeCrasheris TWR Super Aguri Motorsport F1 Super Reject Team, 4 points

HELL YEAH! LAST PLACE! :mrgreen:

Image Image
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Wizzie wrote:Damn Enforcer that difficulty increase helped you. You beat me fair and square this round (I only have myself to blame for my loss here... Hakkinen lost me the race last time for punting me off at the first Chicane at the Nurburgring).

Oh and when will we get an updated championship picture?

I did have my set-up from pre-season testing to start the 'weekend' with for Spain too though. I didn't have it at the Nuburgring, and won't have it on the next one.