F1 Rejects Podcast 2.0

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
DemocalypseNow

F1 Rejects Podcast 2.0

Post by DemocalypseNow »

With Jenoch taking a sabbatical from F1 Rejects, we've been left without a fresh supply of Podcasts. Disaster!

However, this idea of a group podcast involving the forum members (and hopefully some apperances by Enoch at least) seems to have gathered some interest, and I'm willing to help put it into action.
All it will require from you guys is to install Skype (free) and have a microphone handy (usually built into all laptops/netbooks, can be picked up for a fiver on eBay as well), plus some spare time and F1 knowledge (or lack of it, who knows, an Arnold Rimmer type would probably make the podcast funnier :lol:).

All I need you guys to do is add yourself to the list if you're interested in contributing and the times which you can do it. I hope to have a Bahstralaysian edition organised and ready to make about a week from now!

CONTRIBUTORS
kostas22 - 6pm GMT onwards (please try and figure out your times in GMT so it's easier for me to plan out! For example, Eastern US time right now is -4 GMT, UK +1, etc).
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Re: F1 Rejects Podcast 2.0

Post by eytl »

You guys go for it! It'll be interesting to see how many people you can cobble together!

Alternatively, if it becomes too difficult to coordinate too many people togther, I have a podcast idea which would nonetheless include contributions from forum members, without the need for everyone to be online at the same time. I'll run it past Jamie first. Stay tuned.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Ehm, kostas, it should GMT+1 for you. Daylight Savings Time is on...

[edit] ok, I see that you have UK+1, sorry for the unnecessary nitpicking

I'd love to play the Arnold Rimmer type, I can also practise my fake-weegie accent ;)
rffp

Post by rffp »

I can contribute too if desired. Since the IndyCar opener was here, I could talk a minute or two about it.
However, I can only be available from 7 PM local time - I believe it will be 11 PM GMT.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Since I'm in so many different timezones and work such odd hours anyway, I'm pretty much available whenever you need me. Of course, with my workload I'm also available pretty at no time since I'm always working.

Nevertheless, give me a few days advance warning and I can probably squeeze in being a part of the podcast. I can't guarantee I won't be answering e-mails at the same time though...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

rffp wrote:I can contribute too if desired. Since the IndyCar opener was here, I could talk a minute or two about it.
However, I can only be available from 7 PM local time - I believe it will be 11 PM GMT.

That's actually 10PM GMT. Close though.

Speaking of which, I just had an idea...every podcast has a guest host, just to try and A) Keep some sort of order and B) So everyone gets a turn and can't complain :lol:

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'll be available from 11AM to 9PM GMT for this week and the next, since I'm off college. After that, though, I won't be available Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays. The rest of the week is free for me, though.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

Is there much of a delay in Skype in relation to sending speech across the world?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Only by a few milliseconds. I've tried it myself in the past, and there is no obvious lag whatsoever.

Image Image
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

MaxZero wrote:Is there much of a delay in Skype in relation to sending speech across the world?

None. I regularily use it to chat with Americans.

Oh, and sign me in. I'm GMT +2 (I think, UTC +2) and I'd say my F1 knowledge qualifies, been following since 94
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

DonTirri wrote:
MaxZero wrote:Is there much of a delay in Skype in relation to sending speech across the world?

Oh, and sign me in. I'm GMT +2 (I think, UTC +2) and I'd say my F1 knowledge qualifies, been following since 94

GMT = UTC, for future reference everyone. Maybe should have said that in the first place :oops:

And mario, where are you, maybe you could at least help us grasp some of the more technical parts of F1?

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I do not possess a microphone and have not signed up to Skype quite yet, so look forward to being a member of the intended audience. Good luck with the project - I do miss the F1 Rejects podcasts.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Count me in Kostas, gives me another excuse to be flamed at.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

Aha! great idea, although I'd rather be part of the audience for now ;) :mrgreen:
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
muttley

Post by muttley »

I'd say 19:00 GMT, though I'll be probably working 16/7 for a couple of weeks after Easter... :(
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

I'll take the lazy option for now and listen to everyone talk, doing A Levels isn't conducive to appearing on chaotic (possibly) podcasts. Nonetheless I look forward very much to this, with the brains on this site it should be a blast.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

May as well count me in. I've been told I've got a good radio voice, so yeah. That really doesn't matter.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I don't have i microphone, my sister has, but she lives in another country (but not for long) maybe i can use hers when she is back, but that won't be before middle of may.

is it possible to do something 'live from the circuit where the grand prix is held'?
Last edited by Nessafox on 30 Mar 2010, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Providing theres a GP that has at least 1 corner in Scotland, one in Wales and one in Australia......
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

A new podcast deserves a new intro. And I've already made one :D

I think you'll be pleasantly suprised at what it is...(and no, it's not The Chain, that would just be cliched).

Image Image
rffp

Post by rffp »

kostas22 wrote:
DonTirri wrote:

GMT = UTC, for future reference everyone. Maybe should have said that in the first place :oops:

And mario, where are you, maybe you could at least help us grasp some of the more technical parts of F1?

Care to be the first host? :-)
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

ADx_Wales wrote:Providing theres a GP that has at least 1 corner in Scotland, one in Wales and one in Australia......

i mean when someone is going to a GP
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

rffp wrote:
kostas22 wrote:
DonTirri wrote:Oh, and sign me in. I'm GMT +2 (I think, UTC +2) and I'd say my F1 knowledge qualifies, been following since 94

Care to be the first host? :-)

I changed my mind, simply because it's more reliable to have the same person hosting it and there are no worries about dropouts.
It will be me & Mr Unfunny himself ADx_Wales, hopefully with Enoch making some appearances at times.
The theory was good but in practise it had too many ways to go wrong...you're all still invited however, and once we get more of the planning sorted you'll know what you're all doing!

Image Image
Waris

Post by Waris »

I think this is a good idea; however, watch out and don't put too many people on one podcast. With more than about 4 people, podcasts tend to get cluttered because people tend to speak at the same time, and also too long because everyone wants to say something. I'd suggest keeping it to about 3 or 4 people, with two hosts and rotating guests for each episode.

Also, I suggest using your real names on the podcast. It adds more realism and... uh... coziness? I guess... :lol:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

I'll let you guys sort this out for now. I don't know how busy I'm going to be this term. We'll see later.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Count me in guys!

I look forward to speaking in an F1 Rejects Podcast (for a second time ;) ). We need as many Aussies as possible to analyse Webber's Melbourne meltdown.

Available weekdays 7:30 - 14:00 GMT or
Saturday 00:00 - 14:00 GMT

Looking forward to it.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

shinji wrote:May as well count me in. I've been told I've got a good radio voice, so yeah. That really doesn't matter.

I've been told I have a face for radio. We'll see how my schedule works out since I tend to work weekends.

eytl wrote:Alternatively, if it becomes too difficult to coordinate too many people togther, I have a podcast idea which would nonetheless include contributions from forum members, without the need for everyone to be online at the same time. I'll run it past Jamie first. Stay tuned.

I'm tuned and patiently waiting this.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Waris wrote:I think this is a good idea; however, watch out and don't put too many people on one podcast. With more than about 4 people, podcasts tend to get cluttered because people tend to speak at the same time, and also too long because everyone wants to say something. I'd suggest keeping it to about 3 or 4 people, with two hosts and rotating guests for each episode.

Also, I suggest using your real names on the podcast. It adds more realism and... uh... coziness? I guess... :lol:

I agree, 3 or 4 people per podcast is probably wise. I'll sit this one out, I 'd like to see what you come up with first. For future reference, I'm available GMT 6.30-9 (UK 7.30-10) on weekdays (other than Tuesday) and pretty much any time at weekends.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

RejectSteve wrote:
eytl wrote:Alternatively, if it becomes too difficult to coordinate too many people togther, I have a podcast idea which would nonetheless include contributions from forum members, without the need for everyone to be online at the same time. I'll run it past Jamie first. Stay tuned.

Originally I was going to suggest that I record the podcast by myself by doing the news sections, but invite people to record and send to me 30s to 1min clips where you can rant about anything and everything about the two GPs we've had so far this year, and I'd piece it all together. Maybe down the track that idea could still be a goer. In the meantime, kostas22 and ADx_wales have taken the initiative and have started organising their own podcast, so we'll let them do that for now.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

eytl wrote:
RejectSteve wrote:

Originally I was going to suggest that I record the podcast by myself by doing the news sections, but invite people to record and send to me 30s to 1min clips where you can rant about anything and everything about the two GPs we've had so far this year, and I'd piece it all together. Maybe down the track that idea could still be a goer. In the meantime, kostas22 and ADx_wales have taken the initiative and have started organising their own podcast, so we'll let them do that for now.

That's definitely a good idea to Enoch, there's a phone in radio show that I listen to and one part of the show they do is play back the answer phone messages, which are usually hilarious.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

It's gonna be grand! I'm not contributing for now but look forward to enjoying the end result. It's a pleasure to watch it bloom! :D
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I'm definitely interested in contributing, I'm in school 8:00 to 16:00 GMT, after that really any time Monday to Friday, weekends I'm easy.

Still not sure what this is though.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Also, something I probably should've mentioned earlier, I don't have a webcam at home, so I'll need to get to an internet cafe and set up a Skype account as well. But apart from that, I should be okay.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Also, something I probably should've mentioned earlier, I don't have a webcam at home, so I'll need to get to an internet cafe and set up a Skype account as well. But apart from that, I should be okay.

You don't need a webcam, just a microphone.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Seeing as there's people who want to contribute that are in dramatically differing time-zones, kostas22 and I have communicated and there will now be 2 seperate Skype sessions covering different subjects of the podcast.

So, unless plans change, I'll be hosting an Australian time-zone Skype session Monday April 5th to cover the Australian GP for the podcast.

Anyone who has the equipment, knowledge and mental state to participate in this session is asked to post here and note their preferred times (remember that it's a public holiday!).

kostas22 and ADx_wales are in charge of the 'main event'.

Cheers guys.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I'm avaliable for any time between 00:00 GMT to 13:30 GMT for the next two or so weeks (Gotta love school holidays) and on Saturdays. On Sundays between 00:00GMT and 12:00GMT but on weekdays Ill find it hard...

Better go get skype for this :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
rffp

Post by rffp »

Still interested in the podcast, and I already got Skype.
Available on week days after 10:00 PM GMT.
Weekends, I am free.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I don't have standard operation hours, and don't have Skype on this computer yet. Since my short-term memory is well, shot, I'll basically have to ask ADx_wales when its happening over MSN to hop in. :lol:

Also, I like Enoch's idea about the 30s-1m clip of F1 Rejects listeners ranting and raving about Bahrain and sending them in to him. I'd be willing to contribute to that.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Sounds interesting, however I won't be able to take part at the moment as I don't have a microphone.
This is a cool spot.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Ok guys, here we go, I'm offering 2 chances to record your thoughts for the new podcast.

The sessions will be 9am and 9pm (Sydney time) on Monday April 5th.

My Skype user name is zz.tim.bendall (although now that i've posted that on a forum it may need to change soon ;) )

If you've got a mic and a Skype account then you're welcome to participate.

Discussion will only be of the Australian GP (although if there's time maybe we'll discuss Malaysia too, why not!). It was originally planned to have only Australians for this one but I'm opening it up to anybody who's interested.

Looking forward to it!