F1 Rejects Podcast 2.0

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
TomWazzleshaw

Re: F1 Rejects Podcast 2.0

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

TimmyB wrote:The sessions will be 9am and 9pm (Sydney time) on Monday April 5th.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make the 9am one unless I sleep in... :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Quick update, the first 10 minutes of the podcast have been recorded and edited. At least we're part of the way there... :?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:Quick update, the first 10 minutes of the podcast have been recorded and edited. At least we're part of the way there... :?

So who's in it, just you and Adx?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

kostas22 wrote:Quick update, the first 10 minutes of the podcast have been recorded and edited. At least we're part of the way there... :?

Hurrah!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Yeah! :D
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

shinji wrote:

Nope, Enoch's in there too :D

But the next part of the recording means we'll need one or two people who are avaliable at some point tomorrow (anything after Midday GMT is good), as well as the other half Tim is organising on the other side of the world...

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:
shinji wrote:

Nope, Enoch's in there too :D

But the next part of the recording means we'll need one or two people who are avaliable at some point tomorrow (anything after Midday GMT is good), as well as the other half Tim is organising on the other side of the world...

Sign me up!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

shinji wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Nope, Enoch's in there too :D

Sign me up!

Add me to Skype (kostas22r) and make sure your mic works then...

Image Image
K-RON

Post by K-RON »

Really looking forward to the next podcast, the new format sounds interesting :mrgreen: thank you to everyone who has offered help, only recently found the podcasts but love them!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Another update; another 15 minutes has been recorded, edited and added to the podcast :mrgreen:

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:Another update; another 15 minutes has been recorded, edited and added to the podcast :mrgreen:

It sure has.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So is there a likely release date planned yet? Anticipation is rising!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Just so you guys know, I will be out of town with no internet access from Thursday evening my time (GMT +10) until Monday afternoon my time, so I can't upload it during that time and it will most likely it will go up Monday or Tuesday next week.

That is unless I can get Jamie to arise from his slumber and upload it himself.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eytl wrote:Just so you guys know, I will be out of town with no internet access from Thursday evening my time (GMT +10) until Monday afternoon my time, so I can't upload it during that time and it will most likely it will go up Monday or Tuesday next week.

Monday it is then!

Happy now dr baker? :D

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

kostas22 wrote:
eytl wrote:Just so you guys know, I will be out of town with no internet access from Thursday evening my time (GMT +10) until Monday afternoon my time, so I can't upload it during that time and it will most likely it will go up Monday or Tuesday next week.

Monday it is then!

Estatic. Over the moon. Filled with joy. Aren't you glad there's an audience? :D :P :D
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Monday it is then!

Estatic. Over the moon. Filled with joy. Aren't you glad there's an audience? :D :P :D

Depending on how it goes we may regret it actually... :?

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Either way, I'm sure I won't regret you doing it - either it will be highly informative or highly entertaining. I feel pretty sure, having read these forums since their inception, that one thing it won't be is cringeworthy...

EDIT: Of course, the best would be the usual entertainingly informative - or is this too much to be hoping for?
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Trust me Dr. Baker, we're both regretting it lol,

Kostas is probably getting the most stress from it because he's doing the editing.

I'm trying my best to put words in a particular order that might be understandable to human ears.

However Shinji, TimmyB and Wizzie have been excellent support, they've been our "question answerers" for the news and each races.
Last edited by ADx_Wales on 07 Apr 2010, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I am not doing this ever again. My brain is completely fried. Now I understand why it's so much hassle for Jamie & Enoch to do it...

Image Image
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

kostas22 wrote:I am not doing this ever again. My brain is completely fried. Now I understand why it's so much hassle for Jamie & Enoch to do it...

Be brave, man! And thank you for putting all the effort.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
kostas22 wrote:I am not doing this ever again. My brain is completely fried. Now I understand why it's so much hassle for Jamie & Enoch to do it...

Agreed indeed! Looking forward eagerly and full of anticipation, as is now clearly obvious... :D Many thanks, danke schon, muchos gracias, merci beaucoup.
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

dr-baker wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

Agreed indeed! Looking forward eagerly and full of anticipation, as is now clearly obvious... :D Many thanks, danke schon, muchos gracias, merci beaucoup.

Wow, just to say, kostas has worked hard, but you should really lower your expectations. For example, for the news section, I'm there, then I'm not for the next bit about the races. It'll sound a bit disjointed probably. It'll be interesting though.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Shinji, we did have a clever get-out clause with that, but youve just revealed the bare truth of trying to potch a podcast together :P
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Doh! Nice one Shinji... spoiling trade secrets. ;)

Pretty amusing recording session last night, kostas and ADx are doing one heck of a job though. The airwaves are barely ever silent whilst ADx_Wales is around, which makes him the perfect anchor man. :D
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

TimmyB wrote:Doh! Nice one Shinji... spoiling trade secrets. ;)

Pretty amusing recording session last night, kostas and ADx are doing one heck of a job though. The airwaves are barely ever silent whilst ADx_Wales is around, which makes him the perfect anchor man. :D

Too bad I couldn't stay up with you guys after 11:30... you know what parents can be like sometimes :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Wizzie wrote:

Too bad I couldn't stay up with you guys after 11:30... you know what parents can be like sometimes :lol:

Yeah we were all sorry about that mate. These things always take longer than you think.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

TimmyB wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Yeah we were all sorry about that mate. These things always take longer than you think.

Don't worry about it. The hour of blabbering beforehand more than made up for that :lol:
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I can't wait to hear the final result ... including how you managed to tie in the snippets I did for you :lol:

And I've told kostas22 that if it's all edited and ready to go over the weekend, email Jamie with it and he will emerge from hibernation to upload it. Otherwise the whole world will have to wait till Monday after I'm back in town.

In a weird sort of way I'm glad some of you guys are getting in on the podcasting experience so you can have a taste of what we get up to normally - not just the work involved (it normally takes us about 5-6 total - 1 hour me preparing notes, 1 hour going through the notes together, choosing music etc., 2 hours recording for about 1 hour of material (and yes, that includes out-takes), 1-2 hours for Jamie to edit and upload) but also how much of a blast we have doing it, rambling on, finding ways of preempting each other, laughing at each other's unplanned one-liners etc. etc.
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

eytl wrote:I can't wait to hear the final result ... including how you managed to tie in the snippets I did for you :lol:

And I've told kostas22 that if it's all edited and ready to go over the weekend, email Jamie with it and he will emerge from hibernation to upload it. Otherwise the whole world will have to wait till Monday after I'm back in town.

In a weird sort of way I'm glad some of you guys are getting in on the podcasting experience so you can have a taste of what we get up to normally - not just the work involved (it normally takes us about 5-6 total - 1 hour me preparing notes, 1 hour going through the notes together, choosing music etc., 2 hours recording for about 1 hour of material (and yes, that includes out-takes), 1-2 hours for Jamie to edit and upload) but also how much of a blast we have doing it, rambling on, finding ways of preempting each other, laughing at each other's unplanned one-liners etc. etc.

It's certainly been a mix of pleasure and pain so far. Unfortunately the most amusing bits haven't happened during recording and it's probably better that it stays that way considering the content. :o

One thing that's been impossible to emulate is the chemistry and mateship that you guys transmit through the podcast. I guess when you have an Australian an Irishman a Welshman and a Scotsman walk into a podcast, you're going to struggle to get the same chemistry for obvious reasons.
K-RON

Post by K-RON »

TimmyB wrote:
eytl wrote:an Australian an Irishman a Welshman and a Scotsman walk into a podcast

Good opening line for a joke :lol:
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

K-RON wrote:
TimmyB wrote:an Australian an Irishman a Welshman and a Scotsman walk into a podcast

It's gonna be a joke, that's for sure.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

thehemogoblin wrote:
K-RON wrote:
TimmyB wrote:an Australian an Irishman a Welshman and a Scotsman walk into a podcast

It's gonna be a joke, that's for sure.

...And told by an Englishman or American?
MCard LOLA
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

''the perfect anchor''

I've been called that before

Across a crowded room

I think thats what i heard
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

I've been called ''the perfect anchor'' as well. It was by two Italian-American men who had just kitted me out with concrete shoes who coincidently invited me for a boat trip on the Hudson River.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

eytl wrote:I can't wait to hear the final result ... including how you managed to tie in the snippets I did for you :lol:

Bloody hell! You guys deserve a knighthood!
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Mini-Competition

Prize: Nothing

Your Mission, should you listen to the podcast when it gets unleashed, is to spot the inadvertant poetry.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Turns out I've gone from project leader to mere bystander with this...most of the podcast was recorded without me in it :?

Image Image
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

ok then, we can always re-do the sepang recording.

I panicked ok, isnt the deadline monday?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ADx_Wales wrote:ok then, we can always re-do the sepang recording.

Who said there was a deadline? I'm relaxed... :lol:

Image Image
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

kostas22 wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:ok then, we can always re-do the sepang recording.

Who said there was a deadline? I'm relaxed... :lol:

But the masses will revolt! :evil:

So long as it is released before China, because "The Bah-stra-lasian-ese podcast" isn't a very catchy title. ;)

Edit: And for those that are interested, I believe the podcast is seriously close to complete now! 8-)