Most Forgettable Drivers

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: Most Forgettable Drivers

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

dr-baker wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Anyone remember Nicolas Kiesa?

Me neither.

I remember his win in Monaco. In F3000... Thanks only to Bjorn Wirdheim!

Ahh thats right. I remember Wirdheim pissing away a certain race win, but forgot who was the beneficiary.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I already have a hard time remembering Lucas Di Grassi or Charles Pic.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I certainly remember Lucas di Grassi, with him being up the sharp end of Formula E - ditto his successor, Jérôme d'Ambrosio. However, it's a good point on Charles Pic - if asked to name all the Caterham-Marussia-HRT drivers who have passed through Formula E at some stage, Charles Pic is the one I'd have been most likely to miss.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:I certainly remember Lucas di Grassi, with him being up the sharp end of Formula E - ditto his successor, Jérôme d'Ambrosio. However, it's a good point on Charles Pic - if asked to name all the Caterham-Marussia-HRT drivers who have passed through Formula E at some stage, Charles Pic is the one I'd have been most likely to miss.

But I remember him because of his punny surname!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:I certainly remember Lucas di Grassi, with him being up the sharp end of Formula E - ditto his successor, Jérôme d'Ambrosio. However, it's a good point on Charles Pic - if asked to name all the Caterham-Marussia-HRT drivers who have passed through Formula E at some stage, Charles Pic is the one I'd have been most likely to miss.

But I remember him because of his punny surname!

But that doesnt distinguish him from other race drivers like Arthur Pic. In both cases no-one remembered they ever drove in F1. In the second case, it never even happened.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Two seasons on from his last Grand Prix start, I already find it very easy to forget that Adrian Sutil was ever an F1 driver.
Out of the current crop of drivers, I think Esteban Gutiérrez is quite forgettable.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Waris wrote:Out of the current crop of drivers, I think Esteban Gutiérrez is quite forgettable.

Even this year, I forget that he is on the grid, and when I do remember, I forget whether he drives for Haas or Sauber...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

dr-baker wrote:
Waris wrote:Out of the current crop of drivers, I think Esteban Gutiérrez is quite forgettable.

Even this year, I forget that he is on the grid, and when I do remember, I forget whether he drives for Haas or Sauber...

The only reason I don't forget him is that he drives for Haas.
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I had forgotten all about Julian Bailey
EuroBrun

Post by EuroBrun »

In May I attended the Minardi Day at Imola, the great Tarso Marques was there. I had forgotten all about him, but looking thru his races it surprised me how well he did in the 2 GPs he had in 1996 :chilton:
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Indycar note : How did Milka Duno actually get a ride?
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Dexter249 wrote:Indycar note : How did Milka Duno actually get a ride?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
#FreeGonzo
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Simtek wrote:
Dexter249 wrote:Indycar note : How did Milka Duno actually get a ride?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

She is also a former model in her home country of Venezuela. Before you dismiss that, don't forget that Danica Patrick featured in Sports Illustrated...

Oh and according to her Wikipedia entry, "Duno holds master's degrees in Organizational Development, Naval Architecture, Maritime Business, and Marine Biology."
MCard LOLA
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

As shown in the Unusual Stats thread, I managed to completely forget that Honda was still in F1.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Was talking F1 with a friend, and he mentioned some Roberto guy who apparently raced in F1, all of last year in fact! My memory certainly needed jogging for a few seconds...
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Mjyys

Post by Mjyys »

Kazuki Nakajima, Volker Weidler, Ralph Firman, Nicolas Kiesa and both Manor drivers from last year.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Franco Forini. Two DNFs, one DNQ in 1987 for Osella. Completely forgot who he was.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

novitopoli wrote:Franco Forini. Two DNFs, one DNQ in 1987 for Osella. Completely forgot who he was.

How can you forget dat 'stache though?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:
novitopoli wrote:Franco Forini. Two DNFs, one DNQ in 1987 for Osella. Completely forgot who he was.

How can you forget dat 'stache though?

He stole that 'tache from Damon Hill's dad!
MCard LOLA
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

Its not even been a full year and I've already forgotten that Roberto Mehri existed.
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
SuzukiSwift

Post by SuzukiSwift »

Dartanian wrote:Its not even been a full year and I've already forgotten that Roberto Mehri existed.

Oh yeah...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Dartanian wrote:Its not even been a full year and I've already forgotten that Roberto Mehri existed.

They don't call it a "Mehri-go-round" for nothing :vergne:

Awaits ban
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I'm not suggesting we need a separate thread for this (please nobody start a separate thread for this) but I was reading an article about Ferrari and it referenced previous Team Principle Marco Mattiacci and, for the life of me, I couldn't remember him. It took me a while to recall him as that little bloke who was running the race team for about half an hour some time ago. In my head it went from Domenicalli to Arrivabene so forgettable was he.
Just For One Day...
andrew

Post by andrew »

I was watching some f1 reviews the other day, and found out that Robert Doornbos (sp) drive for Red Bull in 3 races.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I seem to remember there being a round on Pointless where the question was to name any of Red Bull's F1 drivers.

Robert Doornbos was pointless - as were Christian Klien and Vitantonio Liuzzi. I remembered all three of those.

The episode was old enough that Daniil Kvyat hadn't signed for them yet.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

CoopsII wrote:I'm not suggesting we need a separate thread for this (please nobody start a separate thread for this) but I was reading an article about Ferrari and it referenced previous Team Principle Marco Mattiacci and, for the life of me, I couldn't remember him. It took me a while to recall him as that little bloke who was running the race team for about half an hour some time ago. In my head it went from Domenicalli to Arrivabene so forgettable was he.

I'm sure he would want it that way. :pantano:
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Do you remember when the rumours were true and Ross Brawn made that incredible comeback out of retirement to lead Ferrari once again on the road to greatness? :badoer:
AlliotsUsualAccident

Post by AlliotsUsualAccident »

Apologies if previously discussed, but would like to throw these names up for discussion:
Jean-Marc Gounon
Gaston Mazzacane
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

Mazzacane I remember pretty well, I even remember that he drove for Minardi in 2000 partnering Gené. I don't remember the Prost drive though.
Gounon I dont remember at all besides "mid-90's"
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:Apologies if previously discussed, but would like to throw these names up for discussion:
Jean-Marc Gounon
Gaston Mazzacane

you're on the wrong site
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
AlliotsUsualAccident wrote:Apologies if previously discussed, but would like to throw these names up for discussion:
Jean-Marc Gounon
Gaston Mazzacane

you're on the wrong site

To be fair, he's got a point about Gounon. Being forgettable despite having driven for Minardi and Simtek. That's quite an achievement...
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

Felipe Massa... oh hang on a minute.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Spectoremg wrote:Felipe Massa... oh hang on a minute.

Felipe Nasr on the other hand... ;)
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just read on Autosport about Gianmaria Bruni leaving a GT Ferrari squad, and I knew he had been an F1 driver, but I had forgotten that it had been for the legendary Minardi team.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:Just read on Autosport about Gianmaria Bruni leaving a GT Ferrari squad, and I knew he had been an F1 driver, but I had forgotten that it had been for the legendary Minardi team.

How can you forget the team mate of none other than HWNSNBM? :chilton:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Nuppiz wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Just read on Autosport about Gianmaria Bruni leaving a GT Ferrari squad, and I knew he had been an F1 driver, but I had forgotten that it had been for the legendary Minardi team.

How can you forget the team mate of none other than HWNSNBM? :chilton:

Because all of my focus was on HWNSNBM himself? D'uh? :facepalm:
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Being in that close proximity to HWNSNBM tends to tamper with your existence some what.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

You know who else drove that year? Only the very driver in my avatar
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

When I saw about the death of John Surtees, I took a look at the list of drivers who drove for his team and saw of one Luiz Bueno, a Brazilian who made only one start at his home Grand Prix at Interlagos back in 1973, which was the first F1 championship race in Brazil. He finished 12th (and last), 4 laps behind the winner and fellow countryman Emerson Fittipaldi.
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
The Chicane

Post by The Chicane »

Anyone remember Stephen South? He drove for McLaren in 1980.
RENAULT CLASSIC (1977 - 2017)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 : Drivers' titles
12 : Constructors' titles