2011 Silly Season

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Captain Hammer

2011 Silly Season

Post by Captain Hammer »

It might only be Monaco, but already rumours are thick on the ground as to who is going where. So far, we've had:

Kubica to Ferrari.
Massa to Sauber.
Massa to Red Bull
Massa to ART Grand Prix.
Raikkonen to Red Bull.
Webber to Ferrari.
Webber to retire.

And, doubtless, countless more, each with a variety of truthiness to them. So, early as it is, it's time to discuss.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Phoenix

Re: 2011 Silly Season

Post by Phoenix »

Kubica to Ferrari: maybe, as long as Massa underperforms. Otherwise, he'll have to wait.
Massa to Sauber: again, it depends on much how he will perform. Only with massive underachievements we will see him heading there though.
Massa to Red Bull: NO! I seriously doubt it.
Massa to ART Grand Prix: are you kidding me?
Raikkönen to Red Bull: one never knows. I think Dietrich Mateschitz wouldn't have any doubt about kicking off Mark Webber to put Raikkönen if opportunity arises.
Webber to Ferrari: erm, NO?
Webber to retire: not now. He'll last a couple more seasons at least I think.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

I find that the rumours regarding Massa leaving Ferrari are odd. OK, the man is struggling to keep up with Alonso - but isn't that the normal policy in Ferrari? To have a nice #2 to follow a breathtakingly quick leader?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

CarlosFerreira wrote:I find that the rumours regarding Massa leaving Ferrari are odd. OK, the man is struggling to keep up with Alonso - but isn't that the normal policy in Ferrari? To have a nice #2 to follow a breathtakingly quick leader?

Yeah, but does Felipe Massa have a #2 attitude? Absolutely not. He wanted to take the fight to Alonso all the time. Think that sits well in the prancing horse?

:lol:
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
coops

Post by coops »

CarlosFerreira wrote: isn't that the normal policy in Ferrari? To have a nice #2 to follow a breathtakingly quick leader?

Oh aye? When does he start turning up then? :lol:
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

coops wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote: isn't that the normal policy in Ferrari? To have a nice #2 to follow a breathtakingly quick leader?

Come on, thus year's car is another dog. Ferrari still haven't come to grips with the new rules, that's all. Old Nando is blisteringly quick, and exposing Felipe - and Raikkonen, if I may say so - as competent but not absolutely top level performers. :geek:

Cynon wrote:Yeah, but does Felipe Massa have a #2 attitude? Absolutely not. He wanted to take the fight to Alonso all the time. Think that sits well in the prancing horse?

:lol:

They never do. Remember Barrichello, and how every year he would say - and, worryingly, believe! - that he could take the fight to Schuey, only to be found wanting.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
coops wrote:

Come on, thus year's car is another dog. Ferrari still haven't come to grips with the new rules, that's all. Old Nando is blisteringly quick, and exposing Felipe - and Raikkonen, if I may say so - as competent but not absolutely top level performers. :geek:

Let's not fool ourselves. Ferrari has come with a great car this season. Let's not forget that McLaren is also quite a way back off the Red Bull, yet nobody said the McLaren was a dog, which it isn't.
coops

Post by coops »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Come on, thus year's car is another dog. Ferrari still haven't come to grips with the new rules, that's all. Old Nando is blisteringly quick, and exposing Felipe - and Raikkonen, if I may say so - as competent but not absolutely top level performers. :geek:

I wouldnt agree with the Ferrari being a dog, but once again, do you employ a driver to get stuck in and progress the car or does the driver want a race-winning car from the off? I sometimes think Alonso has slipped into that second option and always seems two Ferrari meetings away from throwing his toys from the pram.
-Enzo Ferrari
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

The webber and massa swap is the only thing that seems plausable to me.
Does RBR want to keep vettel? Do they know that webber will retire soon? Yes
To keep vettel, do they have to drop the equal team mates and maybe promise him #1 driver status? Yes

Is ferrari wanting to hire an experienced driver to help with setup? Are they seeing the value in no #1 #2 driver like RBR has? Do they want a driver who gets along with alonso?
Who fits that best? Webber and kubica. But webber would mean a straight easy swap, while kubica might be to hard to pry from renault. Edit I bet kubica would rather drive for RBR. While webber is looking for money/retirement and a swansong
And Massa is a decent driver RBR wouldn't knock back, and would be used to being a #2 driver to keep vettel happy.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

coops wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:Come on, thus year's car is another dog. Ferrari still haven't come to grips with the new rules, that's all. Old Nando is blisteringly quick, and exposing Felipe - and Raikkonen, if I may say so - as competent but not absolutely top level performers. :geek:

I wouldnt agree with the Ferrari being a dog, but once again, do you employ a driver to get stuck in and progress the car or does the driver want a race-winning car from the off? I sometimes think Alonso has slipped into that second option and always seems two Ferrari meetings away from throwing his toys from the pram.

Serious? I'm kind of liking his attitude this year, has driven like mad and kept mostly shut up outside the team.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

-Kubica to Ferrari.
Maybe, if Massa underperforms. Right now this seems to be the king pin.

-Massa to Sauber.
I wouldn't be surprised if this were to happen but at the same time I don't see it happening.

-Massa to Red Bull
No unless Vettel gets picked up by a team like McLaren or Ferrari, and why would Vettel bother going there when the Red Bulls are superior?

-Massa to ART Grand Prix.
Not unless he's desperate for a ride

-Raikkonen to Red Bull.
Don't see happening if Raikkonen sticks with rallying.

-Webber to Ferrari.
Doubt it.

-Webber to retire.
Not until 2014 at the earliest.
Waris

Post by Waris »

In terms of drivers, I believe a lot hangs on Räikkönen's possible return, just as last time around it hung on his retirement.

In terms of teams, I heard Lotus wants a new engine supplier for 2011. Hmmm... I wonder if they could lure Honda back, if they took on Takuma Sato? *mouthwaters* :)
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Waris wrote:In terms of drivers, I believe a lot hangs on Räikkönen's possible return, just as last time around it hung on his retirement.

In terms of teams, I heard Lotus wants a new engine supplier for 2011. Hmmm... I wonder if they could lure Honda back, if they took on Takuma Sato? *mouthwaters* :)

Honda engines for Lotus? Considering Sato's Indy car is being sponsored by Lotus I wouldn't be surprised.
Kovaleinen and Sato would make a good combo.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Waris wrote:In terms of drivers, I believe a lot hangs on Räikkönen's possible return, just as last time around it hung on his retirement.

Sato in Lotus would make the move Trulli performed todaya with Chandhok pretty ordinary :lol: He would make a Daly but more exaggerated.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I think the only driver switch we should be looking at right now is Liuzzi for Di Resta because Force India have shown that they consider Di Resta a serious option by putting him in the car on Fridays.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

coops wrote:I wouldnt agree with the Ferrari being a dog, but once again, do you employ a driver to get stuck in and progress the car or does the driver want a race-winning car from the off? I sometimes think Alonso has slipped into that second option and always seems two Ferrari meetings away from throwing his toys from the pram.

One word: Renault.

That is all.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

shinji wrote:Image

That album has a song which was later excellently covered by Judas Priest (my favorite band) :geek:

Yes, I was once again off-topic

Back on topic, I fear that the Räikkönen-Webber rumor has just lost a huge bit of it's strength. Given Webber's excellent performance lately, he may very well stick with Red Bull for another year. Kubica to Ferrari is a real possibility, although I doubt that the Ferrari management want to have two very strong drivers in their team at the same time. That's why I think that Massa might just keep his Ferrari seat for another season.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Nuppiz wrote:

That album has a song which was later excellently covered by Judas Priest (my favorite band) :geek:

Well, what I was getting at was that The Chain is on that album.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

shinji wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
shinji wrote:That album has a song which was later excellently covered by Judas Priest (my favorite band) :geek:

Well, what I was getting at was that The Chain is on that album.

And when I checked out this album from Wikipedia, i may now say that I was sorely wrong. The song I meant was released only as a single in 1970, and this album is from 1977 :oops:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
RAK

Post by RAK »

Nuppiz wrote:And when I checked out this album from Wikipedia, i may now say that I was sorely wrong. The song I meant was released only as a single in 1970, and this album is from 1977 :oops:

The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Prong Crown)? That's what I'm presuming, anyway. I don't know of any other songs they covered from Fleetwood Mac, if any.

But back to the rumours. I think that the word "silly" covers this lot pretty well. Kubica to Ferrari is the only rumour I'd pay much attention to, since that's been speculated in the past, but I don't think that Ferrari would suit Webber's personality all too well.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Nuppiz wrote:

Yes, I was once again off-topic

Sorry to drag you back to this, but how true is the statement that "all Finns are really into metal, and genuinely like the band "Lordi"?"
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

watka wrote:Sorry to drag you back to this, but how true is the statement that "all Finns are really into metal, and genuinely like the band "Lordi"?"

Really into metal: somewhat true, although contemporary rock, hip-hop & pop are very popular with the youngsters as well, while some adults prefer iskelmä music. But back on the topic about metal, I'd say it's most popular among young adults and 30-40 year olds (who usually buy the most music, resulting in this particular style being very succesful in the latest years), the former group usually preferring the Finnish or more modern foreign bands while the latter one resorts to older foreign groups. Because the history of Finnish metal music is surprisingly short, the popular groups have either melodic, trash, doom, death or folk influences, which I dislike so I'll listen to the foreign and more traditional metal bands instead.

Lordi, then, skyrocketed to fame with their win in the Eurovision song contest in 2006 (being the first Finnish entry ever to do so). Before that, many had denounced Lordi as a "joke band" (even on the day before the win), having only a handful of somewhat succesful singles. But after the win, all critics were forced to change their views as the public went crazy about the win, making the group very popular and sell a lot of the album containing their winning song. But since then, after their not-so-successful follow-up album, their fame has diminished and some are now again calling them a joke band. If you ask me, they are an established band, but I'm not buying their records because I dislike the style of signing and the trash metal influences in their music.

Enough with the offtopic now, ok? ;)
madcat

Post by madcat »

RAK wrote:But back to the rumours. I think that the word "silly" covers this lot pretty well. Kubica to Ferrari is the only rumour I'd pay much attention to, since that's been speculated in the past, but I don't think that Ferrari would suit Webber's personality all too well.

The other question is what driver would Alonso want as #2? Drivers like himself tend to ensure that their #2 doesn't out-perform them. If Massa struggles I'd expect Alonso to be quite happy for him to stay in the team. Kubica would be his biggest threat.
As i looked at my naked body in the mirror, i thought to myself,
"I'm going to get thrown out of Ikea any minute.".
mario

Post by mario »

madcat wrote:
RAK wrote:But back to the rumours. I think that the word "silly" covers this lot pretty well. Kubica to Ferrari is the only rumour I'd pay much attention to, since that's been speculated in the past, but I don't think that Ferrari would suit Webber's personality all too well.

The other question is what driver would Alonso want as #2? Drivers like himself tend to ensure that their #2 doesn't out-perform them. If Massa struggles I'd expect Alonso to be quite happy for him to stay in the team. Kubica would be his biggest threat.

Whilst that is true, on the other hand Ferrari may want a stronger No.2 driver to boost their chances at taking the WCC. That said, it looks as if Kubica may not want to head over to Ferrari just yet; according to Boullier, he seems to be quite happy at Renault, where he is enjoying working with both his mechanics and Petrov, and Boullier thinks that Kubica is going to stay at Renault for 2011. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83715
So, for now I would suggest that Massa is going to be fairly secure at Ferrari; Red Bull have said that they are very keen on keeping Mark for next year, such is his current run in form, so we can rule Mark going over to Ferrari (although that sounded like a rediculous rumour in the first place) http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83695
So, with Kubica probably set for Renault, and Mark settling his contract for 2011 at Red Bull, there aren't that many good drivers that could potentially be on the market. Hamilton and Button are set at Mclaren for a number of years, whilst Rosberg is doing a solid job at Mercedes, and looks fairly secure there. Vettel is probably going to stay at Red Bull for the forseeable future (besides, Ferrari would face considerable competition from Haug, who is known to be besotted with Vettel and very keen to tempt him over from Red Bull), and since Ferrari generally tend to be cautious about snapping up inexperienced drivers, they would probably want to wait for a while to see which of the current crop of newer drivers are the best.
All in all, I would say that as things stand, Massa is going to still be at Ferrari in 2011, and stands a good chance of being there in 2012 as well.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Okay, time for one of my patented and highly-speculative epic posts:

Red Bull Racing - Renault
#1 - Sebastian Vettel
#2 - Mark Webber

Given their 2010 success, Red Bull quickly becomes the team that every driver wants to race for in 2011. However, they are one of the first teams to confirm their line-up. Sebastian Vettel exorcises his reliabiity demons in time for the Canadian Grand Prix, and a strong mid-season showing puts him in a commanding position in time for the final away leg. Mark Webber cannot quite match his team-mate, and has to settle for second.

Vodafone McLaren Racing Cars - Mercedes
#3 - Lewis Hamilton
#4 - Jenson Button

While the performance gap between Red Bull and everyone else is much closer by the end of the season, it is not quite enough for McLaren to take either title from the Austrians. Jenson Button scores more wins than Hamilton, but Hamilton has more finishes, and at the end of the season, both are tied for points. McLaren dispells any notion of team favouritism by awarding driver numbers based on the toss of a coin at their car launch.

Scuderia Ferrari Santander
#5 - Fernando Alonso
#6 - Nico Rosberg

Ferrari just cannot catch a break. Alonso spends more time on the podium than anyone else in 2010, but only wins one race all season. Massa's confidence is broken and the team let him go, hoping to replace him with Robert Kubica. But when Kubica re-signs with Renault, they are left with few options. In the end, they take Mercedes refugee Nico Rosberg when the German becomes available.

Cyfra+ Renault F1 Team
#7 - Robert Kubica
#8 - Felipe Massa

Kubica leads Renault to fourth in the Constructors' Championship, taking wins in Canada and Korea. With Petrov departing at the end of the season, Renault are quick to pick up Massa when the Brazilian leaves Ferrari, pointedly joining a team that is not powered by Maranello. Kubica's success attracts a line-up of sponsors, including Cyfra+, the Polish arm of French digital media group Canal.

Mercedes GP Petronas
#9 - Michael Schumacher
#10 - Vitaly Petrov

Despite a winless 2010 campaign, Michael Schumacher stays on with Mercedes when the W02 chassis start showing promise. Nico Rosberg leaves the team over perceived favouritism towards Schumacher, and is replaced by Vitaly Petrov after the Russian proved to be the most impressive rookie of the 2010 season. Ross Brawn quickly identifies him as a natural Sundance Kid to Schumacher's Butch Cassidy.

Force India - Mercedes
#11 - Adrian Sutil
#12 - Paul di Resta

Vitantonio Liuzzi fails to impress in 2010, and is dropped after the Hungarian Grand Prix in favour of test and reserve driver Paul di Resta. Adrian Sutil continues with the team for his fifth season in the sport, though the team never quite attains the level of success they enjoyed in 2009. They are also one of the first teams to confirm their driver line-up for 2011.

Telmex Team Rapax - Ferrari
#14 - Kamui Kobayashi
#15 - Sergio Perez

Peter Sauber sells his team to Italian GP2 team Rapax. Under the terms of the deal, Sauber and his people manage the team, with Rapax gradually coming in. Kobayashi stays with the team after a rough 2010 season, but de la Rosa is released in favour of GP2 leader Perez when Felipe Massa - who was expected to move to the Ferrari customer team - goes elsewhere.

AON*Cypher - Ferrari
#16 - Jaime Alguersuari
#17 - Pastor Maldonado

Chad Hurley makes Dietrich Mateschitz an offer he couldn't ignore, and Cypher enter Formula 1 in Toro Rosso's place. Jaime Alguersuari is kept on after impressing in 2010, while Buemi is released in favour of erratic-but-quick GP2 graduate Pastor Maldonado. Chicago-based investment group AON leap at the chance to be a part of an American Formula 1 team and quickly take title sponsor rights.

Williams SonangolF1 - Renault
#18 - Nico Hulkenberg
#19 - Giacomi Ricci

Oh, dear. One of Formula 1's biggest teams suffers an inglorious demise. Once they won championships, but now Williams is forced to pick up rookies and run them in the vague hope they will succeed. Rubens Barrichello departs the team and is replaced by Giacomo Ricci who impressed in GP2 in spite of (or perhaps because) the fact that he drove for DPR. Hulkenberg was the biggest disappointment of 2010, but Williams believe this was more to do with the car.

Lotus 1Malaysia Racing Team - Renault
#20 - Heikki Kovalainen
#21 - Sebastien Buemi

Jarno Truli's frustrations with Lotus as a backmarker manifest as a series of poor performances and accidents, and he is dropped ahead of the final away leg of the 2010 championship. His replacement is Fairuz Fauzy, who is clearly out of his depth. He, too, is discreetly dropped for 2011 and replaced with Toro Rosso refugee Sebastien Buemi.

Virgin Racing - Marussia
#22 - Timo Glock
#23 - Luiz Razia

Despite their false start to 2010, Virgin come strong in the latter half of the season. It is not quite enough to take tenth from Lotus, but it proves a CFD-only design works. Lucas di Grassi is dropped after a falling-out with the team and replaced by Luiz Razia. Andy Soucek does not like this and attempts to force his way into a racing seat with legal action (again). Although he wins the place, he only has one race before he leaves because the team pointedly ignore him. He is never heard from again.

BBVA Epsilon Euskadi - Renault
#24 - Bruno Senna
#25 - Dani Clos

Hispania's financial problems are saved by an investment - followed by an outright buy-out - from Epsilon Euskadi. Euskadi bring with them BBVA, Spain's second-largest banking group who have decided to take on Santander in the crucible of motorsport by backing GP2 graduate Dani Clos. They also admit to liking working with the Senna name, though Senna's place in the team is sealed with his 210 results.

Orange ART Grand Prix - Ferrari
#26 - Christian Klein
#27 - Jules Bianchi

With Epsilon Euskadi buying out Hispania, the final place on the grid goes to ART Grand Prix. Unsurprisingly, Jules Bianchi is called up for driving duties. The team briefly consider trying to tempt the likes of Barrichello or Trulli away from retirement (or imposed retirement, in Trulli's case), but abandon the idea in favour of an established test driver and take Klein.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
mario

Post by mario »

Interesting post Captain - I agree with some of your comments about the drivers, although not all of them. I'll mostly concentrate on the bigger teams, because for the moment the future of the smaller teams are less certain, let alone their drivers.
I think that Rosberg may be content at Mercedes for another year yet, and Massa is likely to retain his seat at Ferrari for next year as well. I would wager that Petrov will most likely stay at Renault for another year alongside Kubica.
That said, I broadly agree with most of your comments - Red Bull and Mclaren will keep the same line up for a while yet, and I agree that Di Resta is likely to take over from Liuzzi (and there is a good possibility that he will take over from Liuzzi this season if he is still consistently beaten by Sutil this year). I also agree that Rubens and Trulli are likely to leave the sport - Rubens is probably reaching the point where the motivation is waning, especially since Williams are so poor, and I agree that there is the possibility that Trulli might get fed up with Lotus and leave in a huff. Hulkenberg will probably stay at Williams, who will (I fear) continue their slide towards the back, whilst Heikki will probably stay (as he seems to relish the challenge of leading and directing a smaller team, instead of having to take the pressure of being in a bigger team).

I note that you don't think that anybody will run the Cosworth engine next year - do you think that they will end up being dropped again, as everybody else switches to the manufacturer engines? Admittedly, it is possible (Renault are aiming to supply more teams, and the Renault engine does seem to be coming into its own this year (since the power gap is now small, and the fuel efficiency is more attractive this year)), and I suspect that Cosworth may find itself frozen out again if it isn't careful. Truth be told, it seems that the engine has outperformed in terms of power, and is ok in terms of fuel consumption, but Rubens has hinted that the engine power delivery needs improving to make it smoother, and Cosworth have admitted that the drop off in performance after one race is a bit too big at the moment.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

The Cosworth thing is largely an oversight by me. I'd originally intended to mark Virgin as carrying a Cosworth, but swtiched it to Maruissa as they were rumoured to be planning to do so for this season.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Needs more Kingfisher Jordan-Mercedes when Eddie buys his team back from Vijay. The Kingfisher logo stays for a season as part of the deal, even though they aren't actually putting much money into the team.
coops

Post by coops »

Fernando and Felipe agreed to what was probably the campest piece of promotion work ever.

Say what? This isnt 'Caption This'?
-Enzo Ferrari
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Karun Chandhok has posted images of the media shuttle transport to be used at the 2011 Indian Grand Prix!

http://twitpic.com/1pm6xa
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dr-baker wrote:Karun Chandhok has posted images of the media shuttle transport to be used at the 2011 Indian Grand Prix!

I wouldn't mind riding in one.
bighaydo

Post by bighaydo »

Hey, long time reader of the site, but first time poster...

How long do you think Schumacher will go winless before he gets second thoughts? I know he's got to get back into the swing of things, but how long a period of adjustment do you think he had in mind?

I'm not so sure about Webbo retiring... I know the thought would have crossed his mind in the years when he was driving around in circles for no good effect, but since he's been getting results for the hard work I think he's changed his tune (besides, wasn't all this Webber-retirement talk something Hamilton bought up to make headlines for himself before he decided to do a burn out in front of a Victorian booze bus? :lol: ).

Besides, seeing how chummy Mark is with Christian Horner and with the latter's comments in the press lately, they suspect it would be a short conversation. If Mark keeps up his current form I think I could see Vettel heading off to pastures new to avoid the intra-team competition...

I think Kubica is currently holding the key to the driver market - he's been outstanding this year.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Karun Chandhok has posted images of the media shuttle transport to be used at the 2011 Indian Grand Prix!

IN one? Are you sure that's what you mean? Would you get in by the front or back entrance? :? :shock:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

dr-baker wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

IN one? Are you sure that's what you mean? Would you get in by the front or back entrance? :? :shock:

Phoenglish! :lol:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Phoenglish! :lol:

Oh, damn, not again :? How many times have I invoked the Phoenglish rule this week?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:Oh, damn, not again :? How many times have I invoked the Phoenglish rule this week?

To be honest, my response to Phoenglish is always :) then :D then :lol: .
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Webber not ruling out moving to other teams in 2011

And suddenly Massa doesn't hold the key to the 2011 driver market anymore...
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
coops

Post by coops »

Webber to Ferrari? Typical. A month ago even Red Bull were iffy about keeping him. What if Massa suddenly gets it right and wins two on the bounce? Are team managers unable to look further than the present? Its like Toro Rosso-itis has spread to everybody else.
-Enzo Ferrari
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

coops wrote:Webber to Ferrari? Typical. A month ago even Red Bull were iffy about keeping him. What if Massa suddenly gets it right and wins two on the bounce? Are team managers unable to look further than the present? Its like Toro Rosso-itis has spread to everybody else.

What happens if Hispania have a couple of good races? Chandhok to Mercades?

It's pretty pathetic really if that is how the bosses think but really its probably just "paper talk". Many Journalists take the easy way out and get a "story" based on whoever is doing well at that particular moment.