For rank hypocrisy this take some beating...

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
noisebox

For rank hypocrisy this take some beating...

Post by noisebox »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76129

This is Ferrari blaming the new technical regulations (over which they had a veto) for their poor form this year...
Last edited by noisebox on 15 Jun 2009, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
rffp

Re: For rank hypocrsiy this take some beating...

Post by rffp »

Bunch of sore losers!
They could explain also why they are being beaten also by Red Bull, who did not have also in the beginning a double decker diffuser!
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

It's just sour grapes. Adrian Newey built Red Bull a car without a double diffuser and if it weren't for Brawn, they'd be the class act of 2009.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

Ferrari also havnt been helped by their screwups this year during qualifying and races....
poor Ferrari :(
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

I read that quote a few days ago, the grapes De Montezemelo has been eating must be so sour they're almost poisonous. Never mind the mechanical faliures/qualifying cock-ups/poor strategy/no fuel read-out/the no.1 driver having ice-cream waiting for a restart and not being bothered/everything else
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Debaser wrote:I read that quote a few days ago, the grapes De Montezemelo has been eating must be so sour they're almost poisonous. Never mind the mechanical faliures/qualifying cock-ups/poor strategy/no fuel read-out/the no.1 driver having ice-cream waiting for a restart and not being bothered/everything else

Yes, Ferrari is indeed a strong campaigner in this season's battle for the ROTY award.

The sport will find a way out of this mess.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Debaser wrote:I read that quote a few days ago, the grapes De Montezemelo has been eating must be so sour they're almost poisonous. Never mind the mechanical faliures/qualifying cock-ups/poor strategy/no fuel read-out/the no.1 driver having ice-cream waiting for a restart and not being bothered/everything else

Ease off of Räikkönen, he had a faulty KERS.
And would YOU sit in an open-cockpit car, with faulty electrical motor known to electrifying the chassis and giving out shocks, in pouring rain?
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

DonTirri wrote:

And would YOU sit in an open-cockpit car, with faulty electrical motor known to electrifying the chassis and giving out shocks, in pouring rain?

Somebody forgot to to warn Felipe-Baby of all that. And the rest of the KERS-running guys.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Stewart

Re: For rank hypocrisy this take some beating...

Post by Stewart »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
DonTirri wrote:

Somebody forgot to to warn Felipe-Baby of all that. And the rest of the KERS-running guys.

You do realise that Kimi had already retired from the race when he was seen with the ice cream? He wasn't waiting for the restart, he was out.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Stewart wrote:You do realise that Kimi had already retired from the race when he was seen with the ice cream? He wasn't waiting for the restart, he was out.

Yes, I do. The argument on possible KERS-induced risks, does not apply to Raikkonen, only to those that were to restart. Therefore, the main pilot having an icecream does not hold as an argument. That was my point.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Irisado

Post by Irisado »

Stewart wrote:You do realise that Kimi had already retired from the race when he was seen with the ice cream? He wasn't waiting for the restart, he was out.

According to Ferrari's press officer he hadn't actually retired, the team were hoping to fix his car, so there was evidently a case of conflicting reports coming out of Ferrari.

Anyway, back in topic, Ferrari's hypocrisy in view of the secret veto they have had all this time, and the special financial bonuses they have received means that this team has sunk even lower in my eyes that I thought was possible. If Di Montezemelo thinks he is going to be a driving force behind a FOTA break away series in the light of all of these sour grapes and dodgy deals, then I am truly appalled at his hyprocrisy and total lack of personal integrity.
My favourite teams: Minardi, Forti, Osella

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

I realise that that was what Ferrari said afterwards. Quite a different thing
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"