The Junior Series Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
AxelP800

Re: The Junior Series Thread

Post by AxelP800 »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:https://twitter.com/f1writers/status/733966391364227072

OMFG! :shock:

That is f-ing scary. I don't think the crash is horrible when I read the news. Wish for recovery for Tveter and Li
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

and the Spa anti-cut at Eau-Rouge has eaten it's first flip victim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CwPQtyhNzQ
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:https://twitter.com/f1writers/status/733966391364227072

OMFG! :shock:

Quite right that they brought out the red flags straight away!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

A nasty weekend. A car falling down from the crane in the Historical Monaco GP, a big crash and an airborne crash. Glad everyone is okay.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

So, in a 10 minute stretch of GP2 practice, Gasly, Matsushita and De Jong managed to find the wall at St Devote. Yeap, it's gonna be one of those weekends. :D
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Markelov Madness at Monaco! Artem Markelov managed to get the most out of the virtual safety car periods towards the end, as well as setting some blistering laps to return from his late pitstop ahead of Norman Nato.

Presumably, the longer VSC was triggered when Nato was coming up to a straight whilst Markelov was in a slower portion of the race circuit, and so he was able to build a larger gap.

On another note, absolutely galling for Sirotkin; he pushed too hard and binned it, and looked like he was about to break out into tears on his return to the ART garage. Gutted for the lad.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
andrew

Post by andrew »

ARTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Sirotkin is wasting a good seat.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Dj_bereta wrote:Sirotkin is wasting a good seat.

At the moment, yes. However, he's got nine rounds to make the most of it; if he can keep his nose clean he's definitely capable of some very big results.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

Gelael wins the coveted Complete and Utter Goit award for being the first to bottle it at Sainte Devote during the sprint race.

Why am I not surprised? :)

...and another weekend to forget for Sirotkin. Damn.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

GP2 at Monaco - was absolutely great and despite some outbreaks of mediocrity ( including the perennial favourite of missing the weighbridge- Gasly and Canamasas when he brought in his car with a broken rim ) I think they outshined the F1 outfits;
1. Yes there were some brushes with the barrier ( and Artem's Thursday headrush) but actually no worse than the F1 people ( Massa , Max , and
2. There was good racing - Markelov kept going at high speed and delayed a stop ( and as pointed out got lucky on the VSC with where he was on track ) and got through to win in a demonstration of great strategy and real speed, and Canamasas overtook 3 people in 30 laps (including Gasly) , as well as passing someone in the main race, and there was some other good driving as evidenced by;
3. No madness on lap 1 , but some good hard, spectacular driving

I loved it .
FR 2.0 in the pouring rain - they never stood a chance ..
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I'll repeat always: Artem Markelov is a great driver, and he better be in F1 in the future.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Ricardo Rosset + Carmen Jorda = Marylin Niederhauser
https://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=NvikycE6aqA

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
lance_rambert

Post by lance_rambert »

Is she taking driving lessons from Milka Duno (0:00-0:46)? That was ____ing stupid. :lol:
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Lance Stroll is probably more mature than Lewis Hamilton but that doesn't stop Lewis winning world titles.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Absolutely insane racing in the GP2 this morning. Just 10 finishers, so all scored point; Sirotkin took 2nd from Marciello at the line, whilst there seems to be something familiar about our winner Antonio Giovinazzi...

Samster

Post by Samster »

Good lord, Galael actually scored points, 7th no less so he beat a few people! :shock:

And it occurs to me now that he'll start tomorrow from the front row. :D
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Samster wrote:Good lord, Galael actually scored points, 7th no less so he beat a few people! :shock:

And it occurs to me now that he'll start tomorrow from the front row. :D

Could you imagine :shock:
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
andrew

Post by andrew »

What the heck just happened

IT seems Evans, Sirotkin etc were waiting for Matushita to go, whereas Gasly Galel lello and giovanazzi went.

More bloody carnage.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Matsushita needs to be parked for that. Absolute insanity to slow down at a restart. How that wasn't a multi-car pile up I do not know.

EDIT: Marciello takes out Matsushita at the restart! Top feeder series to Formula One, this. :pantano: :facepalm:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

This GP2 race :pantano: :facepalm:
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
andrew

Post by andrew »

All safety car restarts to be investigated after the race. Surely a grid penealty at least for Matushita and possibly Evans who broke right in from of The swede. I don't think those who put their foot down did anything wrong. So much carnage and yet none of it caused by canamasas
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Yeap, this just happened.

Nobu's not going to be the most popular of lads in the paddock come the chequered flag...
andrew

Post by andrew »

East Londoner wrote:Yeap, this just happened.

Nobu's not going to be the most popular of lads in the paddock come the chequered flag...

Not surprised given what he did at the restarts
andrew

Post by andrew »

Sorry for the double post, Matushita has been banned for 1 round due to the restart chaos.

Jimmy Errikson has a 3 place grid drop for the collision with King, despite the fact Errikson retired and King came 4th, a bit harsh in my view,
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Matsushita went full Canamassas in this race. Wondering who is going to replace him in the next feature race.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Let's play a little game

Where's Canamasas?
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
andrew

Post by andrew »

Markelov. :facepalm:
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

Unbelievable scenes.
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

AdrianBelmonte_ wrote:
Unbelievable scenes.

Yesss.....odd....Roy seems to be developing more than I expected. Of course drivers develop at different rates, and at different times. Just because the 21 yr old and the 26 year old are at the same level now doesn't mean the younger one will reach a higher level of proficiency. The 26 year old may develop more .
But yess..Roy has surprised me --some flashes last year. And now this year ! Impressive
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Formula V8 3.5 has hooked up with WEC to become its official feeder series. Glad to see it find some support after the break from Renault, and because transport costs for the flyaway rounds will be covered by a 3rd party it certainly adds to the appeal of the series.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

That GP2 race can be summed up as such:

Also, Davide Valsecchi is awesome on commentary. :dance:
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

The first GP2 race I've watched in just over 2 years now, and it was pretty damn good. Awesome win for Sirotkin despite the penalty, while I agree Valsecchi was amazing on commentary. His sentences were just one really long word :D
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Tatiana Calderon joins Alice Powell on the list of female GP3 points scorers!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

BREAKING NEWS - Gasly disqualified from the feature race, will start dead last for the sprint tomorrow

That's the title race blown wide open once again.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Somehow after entering Hungary 12th in the championship Sirotkin is now tied leader with Gasly. Marcellios tyre management leaves less to be desired and Im still unsure on How Sergei won yesterday and how Luca Ghiotto came 2nd.

Given what the stewards have been like this weekend I'm suprised King didn't get done for the clash with Ghiotto yesterday, he just plain moved over on him. Meanwhile in gp2 it seems like a 3 way fight with Albon, Leclrec and Focou battling it out. De vries has pace but seems to have a habit of crashing into anything that moves.
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

andrew wrote:Somehow after entering Hungary 12th in the championship Sirotkin is now tied leader with Gasly. Marcellios tyre management leaves less to be desired and Im still unsure on How Sergei won yesterday and how Luca Ghiotto came 2nd.

Given what the stewards have been like this weekend I'm suprised King didn't get done for the clash with Ghiotto yesterday, he just plain moved over on him. Meanwhile in gp2 it seems like a 3 way fight with Albon, Leclrec and Focou battling it out. De vries has pace but seems to have a habit of crashing into anything that moves.

I love GP2 - I know the results are slightly randomised by the tyre-lottery ( their lap times vary hugely through a race, and failing to get the tyres working or staying out too long will cost you badly, and that's the case even before they properly 'go-off'), but the racing is excellent, the cars are fast and spectacular and you get a proper one-hour race for the Saturday race.
So this year with no Stoffel-advantage being held by any of them ( he had a real edge over the field last year) and the jumbled results from various upsets means that quite a few people have the chance to win the title. Its just a shame so few of them will have the chance to do F1 . I reckon almost all of them would be respectable in F1 ...look how tough Mitch Evans is finding it - GP3 star, GP2 front runner, has beaten them all at some point, but this year apart from a lucky break in Austria he finds it so tough to break into the top 10 because he's with Campos and he hasn't quite got it all set up. But he'd probably do OK in an F1 ..