Hungarian GP race review

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Hungarian GP race review

Post by eytl »

Hi everyone,

My thoughts on the Hungarian GP are now up, complete with a nod to classic Coldplay:

http://www.f1rejects.com/centrale/2010/hungary/index.html or click on the graphic on the main page

Seven races to go, five title contenders, 20 points between them (the equivalent of 8 points last year), how good is this?

Cheers,
Enoch
TomWazzleshaw

Re: Hungarian GP race review

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Great review as always Enoch
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

eytl wrote:
Seven races to go, five title contenders, 20 points between them (the equivalent of 8 points last year), how good is this?

Who'd have thought that a few years ago? :)
Nice work.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

An excellant race review again, but:

etyl wrote:The challenge for Sauber is to convert this excellent result into sponsorship dollars so that the future of the team is secured going into 2011.

Being Swiss, wouldn't it be francs that they will be seeking? :D
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Great review as always!

I think you are being a tiny bit unfair on Massa's race though. I was following him on the live timing, and he did have Alonso's pace almost the entire race. If Hamilton hadn't got ahead in the pitstops, I think Vettel would have almost certainly come out behind Massa. Also, you mentioned that he could not pressure Vettel after his drive-through, but Alonso couldn't pressure Webber or Vettel at various stages of the race, so I don't think that comparison is appropriate - the Red Bulls were just in a class of their own.

You can see a graph of the Ferrari's race lap times here
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/charts/201012rl78.html

However, I was surprised that Massa wasn't investigated for slowing down in the pit entry though (to avoid waiting behind Alonso), because that was made illegal after Kimi did it in Spa 2005.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

dr-baker wrote:An excellant race review again, but:

etyl wrote:The challenge for Sauber is to convert this excellent result into sponsorship dollars so that the future of the team is secured going into 2011.

Francly my dear, I don't give a damn.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

thehemogoblin wrote:
dr-baker wrote:An excellant race review again, but:

Francly my dear, I don't give a damn.

To be franc, neither do I - nit-picking...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

I admire you greatly Enoch but Coldplay??? They are truly the naffest of naff bands who do nothing but put pretentious lyrics to dull piano riffs. Chris Martin behaving like an arrogant arsewipe doesn't help either.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Ed24 wrote:I think you are being a tiny bit unfair on Massa's race though. I was following him on the live timing, and he did have Alonso's pace almost the entire race. If Hamilton hadn't got ahead in the pitstops, I think Vettel would have almost certainly come out behind Massa. Also, you mentioned that he could not pressure Vettel after his drive-through, but Alonso couldn't pressure Webber or Vettel at various stages of the race, so I don't think that comparison is appropriate - the Red Bulls were just in a class of their own.

You can see a graph of the Ferrari's race lap times here
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/charts/201012rl78.html

However, I was surprised that Massa wasn't investigated for slowing down in the pit entry though (to avoid waiting behind Alonso), because that was made illegal after Kimi did it in Spa 2005.

Fair enough. Point taken. However if I didn't have an opinionated view on most things, the review wouldn't be half as interesting ... if it is interesting at all to begin with! :lol: :lol:
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Debaser wrote:I admire you greatly Enoch but Coldplay??? They are truly the naffest of naff bands who do nothing but put pretentious lyrics to dull piano riffs. Chris Martin behaving like an arrogant arsewipe doesn't help either.

Rest assured, "Yellow" is about the only Coldplay song that I have really liked over the years.
Waris

Post by Waris »

eytl, I noticed you mentioned the ROTR leaderboard. Would that be the first time something from the forums was mentioned in a race review?

By the way, it's really weird to be able to ask questions directly to someone whose writings/podcasts i've been following since I was 13. :lol:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Sterling job as usual, Enoch. Having not watched the race, your review is no doubt the best around, and gives a pretty good picture of what actually happened. Cheers!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Sterling job as usual, Enoch. Having not watched the race, your review is no doubt the best around, and gives a pretty good picture of what actually happened. Cheers!

Oh, now that's just obsequious. :lol:
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

eagleash wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:Sterling job as usual, Enoch. Having not watched the race, your review is no doubt the best around, and gives a pretty good picture of what actually happened. Cheers!

It's true! Portuguese Autosport isn't that good, to be honest... :?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
eagleash wrote:

It's true! Portuguese Autosport isn't that good, to be honest... :?

I agree; it's a great job by the Boss.

I haven't read it, but I did watch the race.... ;)
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Here's yet another belated thank you for the Race Review.

I used to prefer the podcasts until they became a little too time consuming, so I'm back to reading the race reviews again. And their quality is top notch!

I guess without F1rejects.com, I would have stopped watching F1 a while ago.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."