Zero, to Hero, to - where?

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
CarlosFerreira

Zero, to Hero, to - where?

Post by CarlosFerreira »

"Our Jens" has now officially got brown (not Brawn...) underwear:

Jenson Button fears that his world championship lead will be wiped out in only a few races unless his Brawn GP team gets to the bottom of why it is struggling at the moment.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77368

The tyre excuses are a bit past the sell-by date already. The aero update Brawn had for the Hungaroring failed to bring the team back into contention - I couldn't see any difference in the way the cars looked. And everyone should have realised by now that sponsors are hard to come by, especially if your team hasn't had any for the last couple of years; they're certainly not queuing outside the factory with a bag full of notes.

Now that half the season is gone, the team seems to be at a loss. What's going on? What is Brawn GP's real place on the grid, and what might the future hold for them?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
JDOD

Re: Zero, to Hero, to - where?

Post by JDOD »

I said this a couple of weeks ago. Midfield mediocrity beckons
Pedro_Diniz

Post by Pedro_Diniz »

*titters*

It's 2008 all over again. The media will be all over Lewis until Valencia while poor Jenson won't get a look in. Cue Lewis on the cover of F1 Racing - something which has appeared as second nature for Jenson this season.
Kimi: "I was having a sheeet."
Osiris13

Post by Osiris13 »

To Button's/Brawn's advantage it looks like race wins are going to be a squabble between the improving McLarens/Ferarris and both the Red Bull drivers. Maybe de-mod the car back to it's Turkey spec and play damage limitation to albeit an unspectacular championship win.
Osiris13

Post by Osiris13 »

ps. and we're all thinking it aren't we - what if at the end of the season Button loses it by the 5 points he was robbed of for that early finish in Malaysia?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Osiris13 wrote:ps. and we're all thinking it aren't we - what if at the end of the season Button loses it by the 5 points he was robbed of for that early finish in Malaysia?

I've been saying that about Mark Webber all along - he should have been in front of Vettel, but lost out because of the half-points in Malaysia.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

The way the Brawn is performing as of late, I could see Rosberg sneaking 4th in the WDC from Barrichello.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Osiris13 wrote:ps. and we're all thinking it aren't we - what if at the end of the season Button loses it by the 5 points he was robbed of for that early finish in Malaysia?

I've been saying that about Mark Webber all along - he should have been in front of Vettel, but lost out because of the half-points in Malaysia.

Much better (or worse, depends who you're cheering for) would be if Webber takes the WDC with only a half point more than Button. :)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
alvaro3d

Post by alvaro3d »

Much better (or worse, depends who you're cheering for) would be if Webber takes the WDC with only a half point more than Button

Remember 1984
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

alvaro3d wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Much better (or worse, depends who you're cheering for) would be if Webber takes the WDC with only a half point more than Button :)

Remember 1984

Exactly! Would bring in some real excitement like in the seasons before Mclaren/Williams supremacy and Schumi.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Nuppiz wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

Much better (or worse, depends who you're cheering for) would be if Webber takes the WDC with only a half point more than Button. :)

I'm gonna come clean and say I think it would be much better. Just my 2 cents.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

If Brawn GP gets some big sponsorship soon, they will be firmly on the pace again. Do I see it happening? Not particularly. Barrichello would have to leave first and a pay driver would have to step in.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Cynon wrote:... and a pay driver would have to step in.

That would get them straight in the way to rejectdom, and no mistake. Can't see any sponsors shelling out the sort of money needed to be all over the Brawns' engine cover. It's just an unappropriate moment.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
deCrasheris

Post by deCrasheris »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Cynon wrote:... and a pay driver would have to step in.

That would get them straight in the way to rejectdom, and no mistake. Can't see any sponsors shelling out the sort of money needed to be all over the Brawns' engine cover. It's just an unappropriate moment.

It is but there is a reason why a lot of people including myself think Vitaly Petrov will get the second Brawn seat next year (or earlier the way Rubens has been acting) because of his sponsorship from the Russian government which would help Brawns finances. He's been good on GP2 but i don't think he's going to be a world beater in F1. I do feel that unless Brawn gets more money that Button will become a midfielder again which in turn could lead to a costly first lap crash in one of the next grand prixs for being in the midfield at the start which could cost him the championship.
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978-2011
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Ideal Sponsor for Brawn ?

F1Rejects.com!!!!
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Given the way the teams are going up and down the grid, it could well be Ferrari and McLaren stealing points from Red Bull. Meanwhile, Brawn will continue picking up the points. I'd imagine they'll win a couple more races between now and the end of the season in the right conditions.