Reject merchandise that we own

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
AndreaModa

Re: Reject merchandise that we own

Post by AndreaModa »

kostas22 wrote:Buuuuuuuuuump...

Just managed to get an official Marussia team t-shirt for a fiver off the net :mrgreen:

Is that the 2012 one, or the 2011 one?

I got the 2011 last year at Silverstone, it's a superb top, love it to bits. Also got a D'Ambrosio cap too! :D
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Buuuuuuuuuump...

Just managed to get an official Marussia team t-shirt for a fiver off the net :mrgreen:

Is that the 2012 one, or the 2011 one?

I got the 2011 last year at Silverstone, it's a superb top, love it to bits. Also got a D'Ambrosio cap too! :D

It's 2011 I guess because there's still Virgin branding on it and it's Kappa and not Burrda produced...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ah wise choice, its definitely one of my favourite tops, its almost like a cycling jersey its that clingy. Perhaps not that great for those with some extra baggage! :P

I was wearing it whilst I was in The Gambia in January and an old boy there though it was a cycling top! Poor guy had trouble understanding what F1 was! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I have a "diecast" model of Mark Stahl's NASCAR Winston Cup entry.

Doesn't get much more obscure then that, eh? Well, I have an ARCA diecast of a Dodge from 1996. It's a white and black #12 car and I have NO idea who the hell the driver is! Dodge didn't re-enter NASCAR until the turn of the millennium...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I'm getting some reject merchandise in the post soon that will make me very happy (and possibly some of you a bit envious). It's an HRT team-issue-only short sleeve t-shirt, given to me by an ex-Arrows mechanic who worked for HRT this year. I'll post some photos when I get it.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I've got the t-shirt! Check it out:

My friend sold another one, exactly like this one, on eBay but only got £30 for it. What a shame.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Some dude is selling an Arrows t-shirt from 2002 on eBay. It's in my size. I want it. Now. Desesperately.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Could anybody tell me whether this is legit? Seems tempting if so...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

The other Formula 1 clothing memorabilia he's selling look genuine. His feedback is pretty good as well.
How interested are you in it?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:The other Formula 1 clothing memorabilia he's selling look genuine. His feedback is pretty good as well.
How interested are you in it?

Fairly interested, but got to decide whether I have the money to afford it...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So I ended up placing a bet on that Mastercard Lola jacket... and lost. If the bidding had ended an hour or two earlier (at a point when I had no prior commitments), it might have turned out differently, but c'est la vie, I suppose.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Was that you? I ended up buying it! I'll post some photos when I receive it.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:Was that you? I ended up buying it! I'll post some photos when I receive it.

That was you? Damn. Did you only know about it because I provided a link to it, or were you going to bid on it anyway?

And you didn't notice the similarities in user names?
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I can't see your eBay name. It comes up as ' Member Id: 1***1'.
I was watching it but I didn't bid on it until yesterday. I hadn't planned on bidding because it was quite expensive, but I got a nice sum of unexpected money yesterday, so I could afford to bid on it up to a certain amount. I noticed no one had bid on it, so I bid.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:I can't see your eBay name. It comes up as ' Member Id: 1***1'.
I was watching it but I didn't bid on it until yesterday. I hadn't planned on bidding because it was quite expensive, but I got a nice sum of unexpected money yesterday, so I could afford to bid on it up to a certain amount. I noticed no one had bid on it, so I bid.

That's what I saw for your user name there as well... And I only bid late as I realised there didn't seem to be too much demand, and therefore prices were not going to go sky-rocketing too far. And you're right, it did seem a bit expensive, otherwise I would have bid sooner...
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Oh, and I hope you enjoy the purchase, Faustus!
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:
Faustus wrote:I can't see your eBay name. It comes up as ' Member Id: 1***1'.

That's what I saw for your user name there as well... And I only bid late as I realised there didn't seem to be too much demand, and therefore prices were not going to go sky-rocketing too far. And you're right, it did seem a bit expensive, otherwise I would have bid sooner...

I normally bid straight away as I see it, up to as much as I am willing to pay, then if I win it all is well, if not to hell with it. I can't be bothered with the whole bid sniping nonsense.

dr-baker wrote:Oh, and I hope you enjoy the purchase, Faustus!

I'll wear it to the DTM race at Brands!
Last edited by Faustus on 08 Jan 2013, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Mr. Garrison wrote:Well, spank my ass and call me Charlie, isn't this exciting, two F1 Rejects forum members in an eBay merchandise war...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

While not technically actual F1 Reject merchandise, it is reject related, and if it were my size I would have told no-one and got it for myself! But seeing as it ain't, you lot can have at it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Benetton-Came ... 1e764105ac

Same goes for this as well
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARROWS-F1-Tea ... 4ac063f4cb

This too
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINARDI-F1-SI ... 4d08a898ba

Image Image
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

What was that MasterCard Lola thingy?

And an HRT t-shirt, forever jealous!

Oh, and I want this. But I just can't understand the size...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Myrvold wrote:Oh, and I want this. But I just can't understand the size...

Ebay wrote:SIZE: EU 54 = approx. 39"/100cm waist, inside leg/inseam approx. 36.5"/93cm

I must say that's a very odd size. Normally in clothes shops, at least in Britain the leg length will be short/medium/long meaning 30/32/34 inches so 36.5 inches would mean you'd have to be pushing 6'5" or something crazy for these to fit! Oh and rather well-endowed in the waist area too. Hardly the dimensions of an average F1 pit mechanic! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

And with me being a bit short, and increasingly skinnier, it's nothing for me! :p
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

But this have caused me to search, and search, and search even more. I should've been in bed 5-6 hours ago. And I feel I need a Faustus by my side to sort out the good stuff from the fake stuff :geek:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Myrvold wrote:But this have caused me to search, and search, and search even more. I should've been in bed 5-6 hours ago. And I feel I need a Faustus by my side to sort out the good stuff from the fake stuff :geek:

Actually I'm pretty good at telling the legits from the fakes. My good eye for detail usually serves me well on eBay. All my F1 merch I've purchased off the net has been legit - ditto for football shirts, some fakes are harder to spot than others. But there are often small give-aways that other people don't notice. Ask me if you're not sure, I've been eBaying for years and know the things to look out for.

Image Image
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

It's here! It has arrived! Yay!

It does look genuine. Comes with original Sparco tags still in place and shows no sign of use. I am very happy.

And it came with an unexpected gift, a Lola cap:

midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Excellent! :)

On an unrelated note, would you mind telling me your address and the times when you're not likely to be home? :P
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

It came with a cap too? If I'd known, I'd have tried harder to outbid you. Gah! Open to offers for the cap?
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:It came with a cap too? If I'd known, I'd have tried harder to outbid you. Gah! Open to offers for the cap?

Come to the DTM in Brands and you can have it.
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

I almost bid on that Mastercard Lola sweatshirt....only thing stopping me was thinking of how annoyed my fiancee would have been.

I have the Mastercard Lola team launch press kit and the car launch press kit.

Also have a few things from Simtek, Pacific and Super Aguri
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Faustus wrote:
dr-baker wrote:It came with a cap too? If I'd known, I'd have tried harder to outbid you. Gah! Open to offers for the cap?

If Dr-baker doesn't make it... what if I fly from Norway just to get the cap? :D
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

midgrid wrote:Excellent! :)

On an unrelated note, would you mind telling me your address and the times when you're not likely to be home? :P

I could tell you but you'd still have to make it past the cat, defender of the home and of the reject material that lies within. You don't stand a chance mate.
Last edited by Faustus on 25 Jan 2013, 09:03, edited 3 times in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:

:mrgreen: OK! I'll be there!
MCard LOLA
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

dr-baker wrote:
Faustus wrote:

Then I saved that money! :P
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:Not exactly F1...but kind of a reject!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190784235930?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I just bought it.

That is epic... I enjoyed watching A1GP at Brands Hatch trackside at all four rounds there (including the first and last ever rounds of the series).

dr-baker wrote:
Faustus wrote:

Which day(s) will you be there?
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:Which day(s) will you be there?

Don't know yet.
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

I enjoyed A1GP as it was my first motorsports engineering job out of uni! :D Miss it every day...great people...but life goes on.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:I enjoyed A1GP as it was my first motorsports engineering job out of uni! :D Miss it every day...great people...but life goes on.

Really? Who did you work for?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
tumbano

Post by tumbano »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:Also have a few things from Pacific

:o

What do you have?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

It's not reject but I do have a lovely Gold Leaf Team Lotus vinyl sticker, in mint condition with its backing paper still on.

What is reject-material though is a signed photo I have of Karun Chandhok in the HRT at Australia in 2010! :D

I wish I had more stuff like that, but I suppose the more you have the more devalued it becomes. By only having perhaps one or two 'treasured' items, I think you tend to value them a lot more. I'm not much of a fan of clothing merchandise, mainly because a lot of it looks abysmal and is poorly fitting, but that's why I like my Marussia top so much because it's fitted just right for my lanky skinny body! :lol:

The fact that most clothing costs so much money means it's a waste of time in my opinion, I much prefer posters/photos/autograph cards/etc. :)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_