Reject merchandise that we own

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
DemocalypseNow

Re: Reject merchandise that we own

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Not reject merchandise at all, but it's kind of revelant given his near-deity status here. I have two hand signed photos of Kamui Kobayashi - one of him at the 2009 Brazilian GP for Toyota and another from his time at Sauber. :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Not reject merchandise at all, but it's kind of revelant given his near-deity status here. I have two hand signed photos of Kamui Kobayashi - one of him at the 2009 Brazilian GP for Toyota and another from his time at Sauber. :D

Jesus how did you get hold of them? Ebay?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Not reject merchandise at all, but it's kind of revelant given his near-deity status here. I have two hand signed photos of Kamui Kobayashi - one of him at the 2009 Brazilian GP for Toyota and another from his time at Sauber. :D

Jesus how did you get hold of them? Ebay?

No, my girlfriend got them personally signed by Kamui in person when Red Bull Racing gave her a paddock pass.

Image Image
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

I was with Team Monaco.

As for Pacific stuff it's mostly press releases and a press kit.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:No, my girlfriend got them personally signed by Kamui in person when Red Bull Racing gave her a paddock pass.

Ye gods. Why haven't you proposed yet?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:No, my girlfriend got them personally signed by Kamui in person when Red Bull Racing gave her a paddock pass.

Ye gods. Why haven't you proposed yet?

Quick, Stramala! Before she changes her mind about F1 and realising that actually, shopping is fun.... :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

I have received a tip-off (thanks to Reddit) that Marussia has a sale on, with all stock reduced significantly.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

midgrid wrote:I have received a tip-off (thanks to Reddit) that Marussia has a sale on, with all stock reduced significantly.

That's insane! The 2012 team t-shirts are £13!! You'd pay more for one in Topman than that!

I'm personally looking at the jumper, 22 quid, that'll go down nicely when pay day comes next week!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:That's insane! The 2012 team t-shirts are £13!! You'd pay more for one in Topman than that!

You're using Topman as a guide to value for money...? :|

And I know it's a year older, but I only paid £5 for my 2011 one, which I happen to be wearing right now :D

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:That's insane! The 2012 team t-shirts are £13!! You'd pay more for one in Topman than that!

And I know it's a year older, but I only paid £5 for my 2011 one, which I happen to be wearing right now :D

Well that's where the majority of my t-shirts come from, they're definitely not the cheapest, but their size small fits me perfectly so I know I can't go wrong with them, plus they're far nicer than anything Primark or chains like New Look can throw out, and whilst River Island ones are nice too, they don't fit as well. Burton are just bland and aimed at balding mid-life crisis sufferers! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:

Well that's where the majority of my t-shirts come from, they're definitely not the cheapest, but their size small fits me perfectly so I know I can't go wrong with them, plus they're far nicer than anything Primark or chains like New Look can throw out, and whilst River Island ones are nice too, they don't fit as well. Burton are just bland and aimed at balding mid-life crisis sufferers! :lol:

My Primark cookie monster t-shirt disagrees. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK, ME WANT COOKIE, OKAY????

I also have a Next t-shirt that's in the style of one of those Haynes manuals, for a Ford Cortina, that cost me...£1. I think they were supposed to mark it down to £10 and forgot a zero so I got a bargain :mrgreen:

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:You're using Topman as a guide to value for money...? :|

My Primark cookie monster t-shirt disagrees. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK, ME WANT COOKIE, OKAY????

I also have a Next t-shirt that's in the style of one of those Haynes manuals, for a Ford Cortina, that cost me...£1. I think they were supposed to mark it down to £10 and forgot a zero so I got a bargain :mrgreen:

Yeah, Primani's actually pretty decent...my Family Guy jumper gets plenty of compliments :lol:

River Island is nice, but not being a man with much money at the moment I'll stick to the ol' Primark. And Topman...suffice it to say that my brother bought a leopard skin tie in there once. Yeah...

To partially get this back on topic, I'm tempted by the t-shirt. I wouldn't usually buy F1 merch, but because it's cheap I might have to...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

I may not own this but I found something classic on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9x6-Photograph- ... 5708358%26
Portrait of Enrico Bertaggia Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-F1-ALEX-CA ... 5708358%26
Portrait sticker of Alex Caffi Image

Both in race suits for ANDREA MODA!!!!!
The future McLaren http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

AndreaModa wrote:
midgrid wrote:I have received a tip-off (thanks to Reddit) that Marussia has a sale on, with all stock reduced significantly.

That's insane! The 2012 team t-shirts are £13!! You'd pay more for one in Topman than that!

I'm personally looking at the jumper, 22 quid, that'll go down nicely when pay day comes next week!

What are the original prices?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Myrvold wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

What are the original prices?

Well I bought my 2011 t-shirt brand new at Silverstone during the Grand Prix for £35. There may have been some slight differences between the 2011 and 2012 merchandise in terms of pricing, but you'd expect them to be roughly similar.

I ordered a fleece jumper and a flag last night! :D

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

One last question then. As I live in Norway, I pay Norwegian VAT when it arrives here. I guess I then will pay the excluding vat - price from the homepage?

If so... I think I will get a new t-shirt, jacket and sweater... :P
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Myrvold wrote:One last question then. As I live in Norway, I pay Norwegian VAT when it arrives here. I guess I then will pay the excluding vat - price from the homepage?

If so... I think I will get a new t-shirt, jacket and sweater... :P

I would assume so. The order page allows you to check that though before buying. The list prices on the site are with British VAT included, so your order total at the checkout may well be quite different.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

AndreaModa wrote:I would assume so. The order page allows you to check that though before buying. The list prices on the site are with British VAT included, so your order total at the checkout may well be quite different.

Great stuff! Time to get some more official F1-stuff. That BAR-cap from 2003 is getting old!
And it looks like a crossover between a cap and a sixpence...

EDIT: Or not... Some is out of stock, and, VAT is included and Norway is in ROW not in Europe! Starting to cost a lot after all -.-
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Guess what came in the post today? :D

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

OMG lucky you !!!!!

@Faustus, to complete your lola clothing http://www.thememorabiliaexperience.com ... lothing/18 its 45 euro
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

f1-gast wrote:OMG lucky you !!!!!

@Faustus, to complete your lola clothing http://www.thememorabiliaexperience.com ... lothing/18 its 45 euro

Tempting... Depends on the size.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

it says 1997 Lola Mastercard Sparco crew pants (new in package, Euro size 50)
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

AndreaModa wrote:Guess what came in the post today? :D

Oh, me wants! Just too bad that they don't answer their mail :p
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Well minardi was in some way rejected, and i never saw this before so i thought lets share it with you.
I bought those 2 bottles of white wine for 10 euro on Marktplaats (ebay but then in dutch).
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

f1-gast wrote:Well minardi was in some way rejected, and i never saw this before so i thought lets share it with you.
I bought those 2 bottles of white wine for 10 euro on Marktplaats (ebay but then in dutch).

So Gastón Mazzacane was drunk the entire time? Explains everything.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:It came with a cap too? If I'd known, I'd have tried harder to outbid you. Gah! Open to offers for the cap?
Faustus wrote:Come to the DTM in Brands and you can have it.
dr-baker wrote:
dr-baker wrote::mrgreen: OK! I'll be there!

Which day(s) will you be there?

Any closer to knowing which days you'll be there Faustus? (Although I'll be tempted to go both days anyway...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

f1-gast wrote:Well minardi was in some way rejected, and i never saw this before so i thought lets share it with you.

So Gastón Mazzacane was drunk the entire time? Explains everything.

Not really, he kept the car on the road too often.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Okay, so again, it's not exactly rejectful, and a quick glance at Wikipedia suggests Brabham had quite a successful 1975, but I came across a brilliant stall in Gloucester Antiques Centre earlier today and bought this. It's a huge promotional poster that I'm guessing Martini must have commissioned in 1975, with Pace and Reutemann at the bottom, and the season calender at the top. It really is massive, bigger than A1, though it might be a bit smaller than A0 - the bottles at the top indicate the size. Considering it must be nearly 40 years old it's in remarkably good condition, a small amount of wear to some of the edges and one fold towards the top and not a single tear in sight. I paid £40 for it, which is quite a lot, but I wasn't leaving there with nothing, and this, along with an A3 poster of the 1988 Le Mans 24 hour winning Jaguar team, signed by most of the Jaguar drivers, including Brundle, priced at £50, were the pick of the bunch for me.

The stall was literally full of all sorts of F1 memorabilia, loads of original old photos from the 50s/60s/70s, lots of old race programmes and tons of old Motor Sport and Autosport magazines going back as far as the early 50s. There was a Jim Clark-signed programme from a British GP of one year, the 2008 Belgian GP race programme signed by most of the drivers, a limited edition Graham Hill scrapbook signed by Damon Hill and so much more. It was literally like being in heaven! The bloke who has the stall has a website that I've since found, here: http://www.chrisbayleyautomobilia.co.uk/ It looks like he has a lot of stuff up on ebay as well for those interested in this sort of stuff, though its mostly photos and programmes for sale there. I suggest anyone able to get to Gloucester go to the Antiques Centre, which is down by the Quays, in one of the renovated warehouses. His stall is up on the second floor. Even for those on a tight budget, you can still walk away with a load of old Autosports for £10 and many of the old photos are around that price too. The stall has loads more interesting stuff than what he's selling on ebay, I guess because it's more valuable and harder to sell over the internet. Go and check it out!

And after all that waffle, here's the picture! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Damn it, I was in Gloucester a few weeks ago (my Mum lives not far away) and had no idea that the stall existed!

I'll have to visit next time I'm there.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Max Chilton/ Charles Pic 2013 driver cards??

Maybe soon, maybe not!!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Myrvold wrote:Oh, me wants! Just too bad that they don't answer their mail :p

They really don't! O.o
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:
dr-baker wrote:It came with a cap too? If I'd known, I'd have tried harder to outbid you. Gah! Open to offers for the cap?
Faustus wrote:Come to the DTM in Brands and you can have it.
dr-baker wrote:
dr-baker wrote::mrgreen: OK! I'll be there!

Which day(s) will you be there?

Any closer to knowing which days you'll be there Faustus? (Although I'll be tempted to go both days anyway...)

I'll definitely be there Sunday, probably friday and I'm not sure about saturday (got something else on saturday). I know that there is no DTM track action on friday, but I'll be in the pits so I can have a good look around.
I won't bother with grandstand seats.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:I'll definitely be there Sunday, probably friday and I'm not sure about saturday (got something else on saturday). I know that there is no DTM track action on friday, but I'll be in the pits so I can have a good look around.

Well, I am planning on being there, and will confirm my plans soon!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I have The Complete Book of Formula One, which has pictures of every reject driving on track!

I hope to get reject merchandise one day as well. I'd like to get merchandise from Andrea Moda or Onyx if I can find it. (Does merchandise from those two teams even exist?)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

go_Rubens wrote:I have The Complete Book of Formula One, which has pictures of every reject driving on track!

I hope to get reject merchandise one day as well. I'd like to get merchandise from Andrea Moda or Onyx if I can find it. (Does merchandise from those two teams even exist?)

http://www.retroformula1.com/Comp/AM/andreamoda.html

It's not an original team shirt, it's a brand new fan t-shirt. Shinji (a member here who's not so active anymore) already bought one and seemed pretty happy with it.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:
Faustus wrote:I'll definitely be there Sunday, probably friday and I'm not sure about saturday (got something else on saturday). I know that there is no DTM track action on friday, but I'll be in the pits so I can have a good look around.

Well, I am planning on being there, and will confirm my plans soon!

Faustus, I will be there Sunday (will be buying my ticket at the gate). Planning to get there for 9:30 to 10 am, will leave after everything is finished for the day there.
MCard LOLA
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

go_Rubens wrote:I have The Complete Book of Formula One, which has pictures of every reject driving on track!

It does exist but it's kinda expensive, a few years ago there was a race suit from Andrea Moda, it sold for, if im correct, 900 pounds, back in the days it was about 2100 euro
dragonsteincole

Post by dragonsteincole »

I think I have one of the reject-iest pieces of merchandise from years ago. In a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation, I have a pair of F1 curtains in my room from about 1991/2. There's the various famous teams of the 80s and 90s like Williams, McLaren, Ferrari, Benetton, Life... wait, what?

(apologies for potato)

I hope they received some royalties from this - maybe the proceeds from this helped keep them afloat for a nano-second. :D
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

How cool is that !!!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

How on earth....?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM