FORCDA 2010 Season

Archive for the three above subforums
MinardiFan95

F1 Rejects Championship Season 2 (F1 2010)

Post by MinardiFan95 »

As the release date for F1 2010 is fast approaching I have decided to start a thread for Season 2 of the F1 Rejects Championship. There will be three leagues, one for each games console (PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360). This years championship will take advantage of F1 2010's online features (if that fails then it will be run offline like season 1). It doesn't matter if you end up in a Red Bull or a HRT as the performance of the cars online are equal.

The races will probably be run on a Saturday (most likely before or after F1 Qualifying).

If you are interested please post which console you have F1 2010 or are getting F1 2010 for (if you aren't getting it in the week or two after it is released then don't worry, as you can sign up at any point in the season). Also, if you have a fast internet connection could you please offer to host the session.

Players:

PC:

PS3:

X360:
Last edited by MinardiFan95 on 24 Sep 2010, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
This is a cool spot.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Rejects Championship Season 2 (F1 2010)

Post by watka »

I intend to get it at some point (although I don't have so much time these days to play), and it will be for X Box.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

It's a very unsure 'maybe' for me at the moment on xbox. My mate has the console but I don't know if I'll have the funds and time to participate. If all looks well though I'll let everyone know :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I'm getting it on the Xbox for Christmas, but I might not be able to do this online (golf lessons, y'see).
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

I'm planning to get it for the PC within a week of its emergence, either hard copy, or on Steam if I can't find a hard copy quickly enough.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Enforcer wrote:I'm planning to get it for the PC within a week of its emergence, either hard copy, or on Steam if I can't find a hard copy quickly enough.

Crikey your pc must have some pretty impressive specifications to run that thing! Mine's only two years old and can't even handle SBK '06 :(
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

I've had mine slightly longer than 2 years and it should be able to take it.

Here are the specs according to Steam:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2 (Have a 2.66Ghz Core 2 Quad)
Memory: 1 GB RAM (2 GB Vista® / Windows 7) (Have 3GB)
Hard Disk Space: 12.5 GB free hard drive space (Have 208GB free)
Video: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above (Have a Radeon 2600 XT - I think that's a superior card, but ATI's numbering systems can be idiosyncratic)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I will formally state my dislike for F1 2010 being used because I have neither the necessary hardware on my PC nor a High-End console to run it :mrgreen:
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Put me down for the 360 version - not sure when I'll get it, but I will.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Will it be possible to enter using F1 2009 on PSP? (OK, so no Korea, HRT, Lotus or Virgin, but few other differences? And it would have to only be offline.)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I'm going to get it on Friday, though how much I'll be playing it is another matter. 360 and I won't be online.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Enforcer wrote:I've had mine slightly longer than 2 years and it should be able to take it.

Video: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above (Have a Radeon 2600 XT - I think that's a superior card, but ATI's numbering systems can be idiosyncratic)

I'm probably going to get a new laptop soon, but I want to be able to play more games on it. What is a decent amount of RAM (my current one is not quite 2GB and it struggles with rFactor and F1C mods, although not so much with in unmodified version)?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

watka wrote:
Enforcer wrote:I've had mine slightly longer than 2 years and it should be able to take it.

I'm probably going to get a new laptop soon, but I want to be able to play more games on it. What is a decent amount of RAM (my current one is not quite 2GB and it struggles with rFactor and F1C mods, although not so much with in unmodified version)?

The rule with RAM always has been cram as much in as possible. I'm not sure how hungry Windows 7 is for RAM - I'd imagine that's what'll be on a new laptop- but you should get at least 4 GB if you can. There was 4GB in my PC, but one of the chips corrupted and I took it out. Haven't played anything so heavy that I've needed to replace it yet, although I think I will sooner rather than later. To be honest, if I was getting a new PC and could afford it, I'd get 8GB.

If you're serious about gaming and have a place to put it, you should really get a desktop.
Ducktanian

Post by Ducktanian »

Enforcer wrote:Here are the specs according to Steam:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Murray Walker: "A lot of people here are really debating whether Ricardo Rosset is Formula 1 material"
Martin Brundle: "Well, it's a fairly short debate, Murray".
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I might get it on PC if only to defend my title from season 1
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RAK

Post by RAK »

If I get it, it'll be on PC. I definitely have a PC capable of playing it.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2 (Athlon 64 X2 6000+)
Memory: 1 GB RAM (2 GB Vista® / Windows 7) (Have 4GB)
Hard Disk Space: 12.5 GB free hard drive space (Have 100GB free)
Video: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above (ATI Radeon HD 4890 - yeah, it's a powerhouse.)
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I'll get it on PS3, although it may be a couple of weeks before I can get the game.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Python

Post by Python »

I'm on the MAYBE end. I will wait for the reviews come out before I decided on it. If I do get it will be on the 360, but I need to wait for some much needed funds to come in before I purchase it.
Best quote ever
watka wrote:There's only one fair way to settle this: a duel to first blood, using canes, and each of you must be wearing a top hat, waistcoat, and ascot tie.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

I've actually ended up getting the game, and it is fairly good (with the exception of a bug or two).

It looks like we will have to run the series offline as not enough people want to race online. I am also considering adding another game to the series (most likely GP4).
This is a cool spot.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

MinardiFan95 wrote:I am also considering adding another game to the series (most likely GP4).

Good... a series which I can easily dominate from the outset :lol:

Seriously though if Dad will allow me I'ld prefer to do F1 2010 but if it doesn't work out then I might be able to run the GP4 side of things if nessicary.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

I'm probably out for GP4, I have two musicals to learn and play in before Christmas and the AZ<> control configuration cramps my fretting hand if I play for more than 40 minutes. (Why I haven't updated my GP2 career lately too).

Haven't got F12010 yet, I'll hunt it at the weekend and then consider Steaming it if I haven't got a hard copy.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

I would be interested in playing :), just got the game today and It is very hard yet fun online. Starting to get the hang of the twitchy controls :)
Message me on Discord.
patrick

Post by patrick »

I've got it on PC, it's great but probably a patch or two is needed as there are a few bugs ;)
Wet race at spa, cockpit view, midfield... fantastic!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Attempt one - Started a carrer with Hispania in Medium, 6th fastest in practice.....ok too easy start again

Attempt two - Restarted career with BMW (WHY) Sauber-Ferrari in Hard, 1st fastest in Prac by 3 seconds.....ok TOO easy start again.

Attempt three- Career with Hispania in Extreme with ABS, TC and Brake lines, 19th in Q1......lovely stuff....

....Race... change starting tyres to the Primes instead of options, up to 17th before second pitstop........in on the end of lap 7 for second stop.....WHOAH WHAOH WHY OPTIONS AGAIN!?!??!?!? where was the option of pitstop strategy in the game??? oh there it is.....damn....ok I'll start the race again later....

And it doesnt help that Bahrain is round one, cannot see anyone with the basic interest in F1 lasting long playing this game, Which is why the GP2 series, both of them should be included in Career mode.....and when you begin your carrer its in the Asia Championship.....at Singapore.....am I the only one with ideas?
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I bought this on way home for PS3 and ive played it for a bit, did my first race(Bahrain) in career mode in a sauber qualified 17th(kobayashi just ahead in 16th) and finished in 8th (kobayashi was 5th!) also drove the new korea track... looks impressive
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

The introduction of the mandatory change from option to primes (how is a noob going to comprehend what is what, Soft or Hard, you know it makes sense) means that, during the 20% minimum race distance, when the leaders on the softer tyre pit early they WILL get stuck behind the gang of six at the back of the pack, and as of two races in I've noticed, WILL NOT move out of the way, unlike the actual gang of six who open their legs to the faster drivers on sight. Which leads to Rosberg, Petrov, and Hulkenberg being the three on the podium in my first race :? .

Adrian Rees - Hispania (Driver AI: Legend, Aids on: ABS, TC & Line Braking)
Bahrain Q: 19, R: 16
Melbourne Q 24 (cannot find the setup) R:23 (glad not to finish last)

I'm assuming the interviewers are generic, because I doubt Holly Samos is Blonde, or even David Croft has a full head of hair.

Also, the engineer, the (less but equally irritating) brother of cheryl cole, suggests to look at my team mate's set up during, practice, which is not possible.
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
patrick

Post by patrick »

ADx_Wales wrote:Also, the engineer, the (less but equally irritating) brother of cheryl cole, suggests to look at my team mate's set up during, practice, which is not possible.

I think more features - like seeing your teammates setup - are unlocked as your first season progresses. I love how the race engineer is a clear parody of Rob Smedley - a pretty good touch if you ask me :lol:

I'm really enjoying the game - but it's not easy playing with a keyboard and you need to spend a lot of time in the practices getting used to the track.
but for all the annoyance and frustration the practices and qualifying bring, this game is sublime during the race. The AI starts could do with more variation (I haven't seen someone make a particularly bad or good start, everyone just seems to move off averagely) although that could be difficulty setting related. But once you've got through the difficult first few laps and the rubber is laid down - the effect is clear and the grip massively improves and it's great fun chasing down those in front of you, jumping others through pitstops etc.

The only major gripes I have are the cut track penalties. While they are realistic to the sport, it's incredibly annoying to be on a good qualifying lap only to wreck it with a tiny mistake that means you cut the corner slightly - and the penalty "zones" are very inconsistent, sometimes you can blatantly cut a corner at speed and not even get a warning. It would be nice to be able to turn the penalties off, but all you seem to be able to do is "reduce" them.

One great thing about the game however is the feel it gives you for the different tracks - and it's quite disheartening how badly the tilkedromes stand out from the more established circuits. That said, I did a few laps around the Korea circuit and found it quite enjoyable.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:
MinardiFan95 wrote:I am also considering adding another game to the series (most likely GP4).

Good... a series which I can easily dominate from the outset :lol:

OH REALLY?

Prepare to be CRUSHED! (especially at Montreal).
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Waris

Post by Waris »

Does anyone on here play GP2? I would like to play it against someone, preferably with some downloaded (for free) carsets and other modifications...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

Latest adventures of Adrian Rees in the HRT:

Sepang
Qual 17th Got P1 in Monsoon First Qualifying, but somehow instantly dried up for Q2
Race: 24th, Messed up royally in pit entry after decent battle ahead of both saubers, Webber first across the line, however glitch in game meant Kobayashi finished first, ONE LAP ahead.

China
Setup being a pain in the A. However able to get one minor upgrade, throttle mapping improvement (meh)
Qual 24th
Race: 20th, fought hard off the start to get at the front of the slow-six, however dog-handling meant I could not get 18th place, the requirement set by the team.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

ADx_Wales wrote:Webber first across the line, however glitch in game meant Kobayashi finished first, ONE LAP ahead.

HOLY CRAP :shock:

Did someone from F1 Rejects hack into the game to cause this?!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

To put it mildly, KOBAYASHI KAMUI WINNAZ!
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

This game can be quite strange at times. For example, I won at Montreal in a Virgin on hard difficulty and had Alguersuari and de la Rosa finish 2nd and 3rd. As well as that Senna finished in the points in the slothful HRT, beating home Massa and Barrichello (for some reason Williams are rubbish in this game and are currently last - that's right, behind HRT - in the constructors standings).
This is a cool spot.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Who cares? I like seemingly random results :D

ADx_Wales

Post by ADx_Wales »

You can actually adjust certain things rather than just Beginner>Medium>Hard>Extreme

You can adjust the Driver A.I. to legend and its close to the real thing, if a little bit too noah's ark two-by-two with the teams, and also the slight glitch that leaves Kobayashi second in the standings after China in my career.
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

My biggest gripe about this game is that if you already on an invalidated why do you invalidate the following lap if you make another slight mistake....
(im just trying to get my name somewhere on the leaderboard for each track)
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

WeirdKerr wrote:My biggest gripe about this game is that if you already on an invalidated why do you invalidate the following lap if you make another slight mistake....

I think this only applies if you make a mistake in the final sector, I believe this is to prevent some one gaining abnormal extra speed approaching the start finish line.

Rather disapointed with the quality of opposition I've had online, after a lap it becomes clear in a lobby of 12 only 1 or 2 people can drive a single lap without crashing!
Message me on Discord.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Got the game yesterday, and after a myriad a restarts I'm finally out of Bahrain with a 14th place finish for Lotus after fighting with Liuzzi and Hulkenburg. I was interviewed after the race, and said that I'm just looking to be competitive in my first season, as well as saying the car is how you'd expect with no refuelling. Apparently, somehow, Tony Fernandes has managed to take this as a personal insult, and my standing my the team is slightly below neutral. The standout performer in Bahrain really has to be Chandhok, who, against all odds, got into Q2 the first time he sat in the car. He fell behind in the race, but he seems to be the best of the last 6 apart from myself, or so I've observed

I'm going to try and get Lotus to the front in 7 seasons, but if the team keep taking my neutral stance as against them, I'll probably try and head up the grid instead.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Why are Williams so bad?

Why do I dominate in hard in a HRT, and struggle horribly in Extreme? Why is there nothing in between?

Why does it say Karun Chandhok on my car?

Why does my car glisten with glitches when in the pits at the start?

Why did Vettel and Massa end up last and second last from first and second?

Why am I able to drive perfectly fine with a broken front wing?

Why are the qualifying results randomly generated?

Why, Codemasters, why? Why did you make a great game but release it with so many faults?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
WeirdKerr

Post by WeirdKerr »

Shadaza wrote:
WeirdKerr wrote:My biggest gripe about this game is that if you already on an invalidated why do you invalidate the following lap if you make another slight mistake....

I think this only applies if you make a mistake in the final sector, I believe this is to prevent some one gaining abnormal extra speed approaching the start finish line.

Rather disapointed with the quality of opposition I've had online, after a lap it becomes clear in a lobby of 12 only 1 or 2 people can drive a single lap without crashing!

no its happened on spa i made a n error and hit the wall down past the old pits(invalidating current lap) and then ran wide at eau rouge(invaldated next lap) so i think its a bit silly