PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
MinardiFan95

Re: PMMF Planning Thread

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Something I've been planning in the background over the past week or so is a touring car series based on the S2000/BTC-T regulations to be based in the current canon era (2018 onwards). If this goes ahead, the first season will be a short series at the end of the 2018, taking over from the Macau Touring Masters event. The second season will be a full 10+ round season, which I will run instead of Formula 5000.

I've compiled a list of cars that will be eligible for this series here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0NIg ... kxiQ0pkbHM
This is a cool spot.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

MinardiFan95 wrote:Something I've been planning in the background over the past week or so is a touring car series based on the S2000/BTC-T regulations to be based in the current canon era (2018 onwards). If this goes ahead, the first season will be a short series at the end of the 2018, taking over from the Macau Touring Masters event. The second season will be a full 10+ round season, which I will run instead of Formula 5000.

I've compiled a list of cars that will be eligible for this series here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0NIg ... kxiQ0pkbHM

Oooh, I like the sound of this.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Ataxia wrote:
MinardiFan95 wrote:Something I've been planning in the background over the past week or so is a touring car series based on the S2000/BTC-T regulations to be based in the current canon era (2018 onwards). If this goes ahead, the first season will be a short series at the end of the 2018, taking over from the Macau Touring Masters event. The second season will be a full 10+ round season, which I will run instead of Formula 5000.

Oooh, I like the sound of this.

I am interested in this series as well. Now if there only was a GT3 class of GT2 or something like that...
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Just pouring an idea of Intercontinental Endurance series. The concept is having 25 GT3 cars as the one who battles for the championship, then 15 cars from the respective country's series cars i.e. We go to Bathurst, then we have 25 GT3 cars and 15 V8 Supercars, or if one wants to be equal, then 20-20. For the reasons of Kyalami 9 Hours, I would only run the Southern Hemisphere circuits, something like: Argentine with Turismo Carretera, Brazil with Stock Car Brasil, Australia with V8 Supercars and finale in Kyalami with..... I don't know http://www.motorsport.co.za/News/Displa ... niid=53541
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

I have several ideas that I've been exploring - making databases and stuff - but I don't have any suitable software to simulate results with.

Well, I have xkoranate, but the results it generates are kind of rubbish. What software would people recommend I experiment with?
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Aislabie wrote:I have several ideas that I've been exploring - making databases and stuff - but I don't have any suitable software to simulate results with.

Well, I have xkoranate, but the results it generates are kind of rubbish. What software would people recommend I experiment with?

Aside from using actual motorsport games, the only software I recommend is Microsoft Excel unless you're willing to write your own program. I love the fact that I can customise just about anything from weather, tyre wear rates, safety car probability, ease of overtaking etc. I'm happy to share my sheet but it requires a fairly advanced knowledge of excel and also is pretty time-consuming to use (if I had better knowledge of programming and macros I'd make it more automated).
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

AustralianStig wrote:
Aislabie wrote:I have several ideas that I've been exploring - making databases and stuff - but I don't have any suitable software to simulate results with.

Aside from using actual motorsport games, the only software I recommend is Microsoft Excel unless you're willing to write your own program. I love the fact that I can customise just about anything from weather, tyre wear rates, safety car probability, ease of overtaking etc. I'm happy to share my sheet but it requires a fairly advanced knowledge of excel and also is pretty time-consuming to use (if I had better knowledge of programming and macros I'd make it more automated).

I have the same experience, using Excel to run my own series (no, it's not dead, I'm just extremely busy/lazy right now). I haven't got round to adding weather, tyres, SC or anything to it, but it's fun to be able to control absolutely everything. If you have advanced knowledge of it, you can indeed use some automation to make running races much easier, but like AustralianStig, I don't have this knowledge.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

I don't have any real coding knowledge but do enjoy using spreadsheets recreationally, so would you be able to point me in the right direction for such a spreadsheet, or would I have to build my own?
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Aislabie wrote:I don't have any real coding knowledge but do enjoy using spreadsheets recreationally, so would you be able to point me in the right direction for such a spreadsheet, or would I have to build my own?

Tommykl's spreadsheet is definitely more basic than mine so I'd suggest trying his first (if he's willing to share). I am happy to share mine though, if you're interested just shoot me a PM to remind me and I'll send it when I'm on my PC.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

I am thinking of making a Stock Car series similar to the VSR V8 Trophy but will include some European circuits as well as UK Circuits. I have been struggling on trying to create a series on Rfactor on Talent Files, Paint templates etc. But despite that, i have always come up with very good ideas for a canon series.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Gonzalez wrote: but will include some European circuits as well as UK Circuits.

...Implying that the UK is not part of Europe!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

dr-baker wrote:

Technically the UK isn't part of Europe as the UK is not in the same passport area as Europe
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Gonzalez wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Technically the UK isn't part of Europe as the UK is not in the same passport area as Europe

Geographically though, the British Isles are still considered a part of Europe.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:
dr-baker wrote:...Implying that the UK is not part of Europe!

Geographically though, the British Isles are still considered a part of Europe.

And when the referendum comes, I hope it'll stay like that...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

Gonzalez wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

But... it's on the Eurasian Plate, which makes it part of the Eurasian landmass. Add to that that the British Isles are west of the Ural mountains that can only suggest that it's part of the continent we call Europe. Given that the UK is also part of the European Union, which only accepts European countries (sorry Turkey and Morocco) and the massive role that Great Britain has had in the history of the continent for centuries, then there's absolutely no way of denying that the United Kingdom is part of Europe.
#FreeGonzo
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Seeing as Europe is a political region which is just West Eurasia geographically... the UK is still definitely part of it, as everyone is explaining.

If we really wanted to have an argument, we would talk about the Azores and Iceland.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Azores and Iceland are technically the border of Europe and America. So half of both countries counts as Europe. In Iceland the continental divide is actually clearly visible.

Though for us people of the mighty German Fourth Reich...eh, i mean European Mainland consider the UK merely an American colony.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Gonzalez wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Are you implying that countries like Belarus, Croatia or Albania aren't part of Europe either? Because they're also not part of the Schengen area...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Those countries may be European (if not) but have special restrictions when you enter from those countries to another country. So yes, you were quite right on that one.
Bobby Doorknobs

Gonzalez wrote:Those countries may be European (if not) but have special restrictions when you enter from those countries to another country.

So does pretty much every country in the world...
#FreeGonzo
Aislabie

Anyone interested?

Post by Aislabie »

I'd like to gauge interest for a series made up only oval circuits. It'll be an xKoranate series, because I've managed to make the DNF rate work for an oval race. Obviously, as it's my first thing, it'd be non-Canon - to think I could walk straight in and run a canon series would be silly. If there's interest, I'll get to work on a driver DB and fleshing out the backstory. The first season calendar is already sorted:

• Image American 500 - Daytona International Speedway (200 laps)
  • Image Mexican 500 - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez Oval (500 laps)
  • Image Argentine 500 - Autodromo Oscar y Juan Galvez No. 7 (309 laps)
  • Image South African 500 - Phakisa Freeway Oval (333 laps)
  • Image Australian 500 - Calder Park Thunderdrome (500 laps)
  • Image Japanese 500 - Motegi Oval Course (323 laps)
  • Image United States 500 - Pocono Raceway (200 laps)
  • Image German 500 - Lausitzring Superspeedway (247 laps)
  • Image British 500 - Rockingham Motor Speedway (338 laps)
  • Image The Grand Final - Indianapolis Motor Speedway (200 laps)
Last edited by Aislabie on 27 Feb 2016, 14:48, edited 2 times in total.
tommykl

Re: Anyone interested?

Post by tommykl »

Aislabie wrote:Image

I'd like to gauge interest for a series made up only oval circuits. It'll be an xKoranate series, because I've managed to make the DNF rate work for an oval race. Obviously, as it's my first thing, it'd be non-Canon - to think I could walk straight in and run a canon series would be silly. If there's interest, I'll get to work on a driver DB and fleshing out the backstory. The first season calendar is already sorted:

• Image American 500 - Pocono Raceway (200 laps)

Could be fun. Colour me interested!

Normal32

Re: Anyone interested?

Post by Normal32 »

tommykl wrote:
Aislabie wrote:Image

• Image American 500 - Pocono Raceway (200 laps)

Could be fun. Colour me interested!

Same! :)
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I'm interested how you made 500-mile races work in xkoranate....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I'm interested how you made 500-mile races work in xkoranate....

Rate the drivers higher than the max skill setting. So, for a 500-lap event around a mile oval (like AHR), I rated the drivers around 100 and then changed the max skill to 20, which gave me about a 75% finishing rate. The downside of that is that the more finishers I get, the less close the races are (which makes as little sense as it sounds) so gas-guzzling V10s will likely return for Formula O
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Aislabie wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:I'm interested how you made 500-mile races work in xkoranate....

Rate the drivers higher than the max skill setting. So, for a 500-lap event around a mile oval (like AHR), I rated the drivers around 100 and then changed the max skill to 20, which gave me about a 75% finishing rate. The downside of that is that the more finishers I get, the less close the races are (which makes as little sense as it sounds) so gas-guzzling V10s will likely return for Formula O

If you modify the rel coefficient in the .xml files that could also probably work.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Gonzalez wrote:
After spending several months trying to find a way to start a non-canon series, i think i have just the capability to run a series at this moment in time. So as a result, i am looking for interests in a new arcade-only series named:

Formula Gaming Masters

The series will be done on xKoranate which could keep me going for around 1-3 seasons before bidding to secure a place in Canon or move to running on Rfactor/NR2003.

The series will be done on Arcade on a 3d simulation platform and will probably start historically in the year 1993 and will contest of cars and teams from the Full F1 grid (either Current or Previous) but will fewer Teams and possibly a few tweaks including name changes. (Depending on Choice)

Canon and Real life Drivers allowed. Drivers will be 14 and over but preferrably under 25. Drivers over 25 will depend on their history and results on that year. Drivers with promising results on that year may not be allowed to take part.

Possible Teams:*

Ferrari
Mclaren
Williams
Benetton

*= Unfinished, Subject to change

Any questions and/or interests do let me know.

Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Gonzalez wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:
After spending several months trying to find a way to start a non-canon series, i think i have just the capability to run a series at this moment in time. So as a result, i am looking for interests in a new arcade-only series named:

Formula Gaming Masters

The series will be done on xKoranate which could keep me going for around 1-3 seasons before bidding to secure a place in Canon or move to running on Rfactor/NR2003.

The series will be done on Arcade on a 3d simulation platform and will probably start historically in the year 1993 and will contest of cars and teams from the Full F1 grid (either Current or Previous) but will fewer Teams and possibly a few tweaks including name changes. (Depending on Choice)

Canon and Real life Drivers allowed. Drivers will be 14 and over but preferrably under 25. Drivers over 25 will depend on their history and results on that year. Drivers with promising results on that year may not be allowed to take part.

Possible Teams:*

Ferrari
Mclaren
Williams
Benetton

*= Unfinished, Subject to change

Any questions and/or interests do let me know.

Not to forget, the calender would contest the same circuits/races from the f1 era.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

To be clear, this isn't an idea I'll get to for months, if at all, but...

A2 Grand Prix
Using a fleet of Minardi 2-seater cars, a range of national teams take part in a grand prix series, probably on street circuits because they're cheaper and that's what usually characterised the Minardi team.

Code: Select all

ARGENTINE A2 GRAND PRIX ----- Potrero de los Funes
BRAZILIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ----- Santana Street Circuit
AMERICAN A2 GRAND PRIX ------ Long Beach Circuit
CANADIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ------ Exhibition Place Circuit
FRENCH A2 GRAND PRIX -------- Circuit de Pau
GERMAN A2 GRAND PRIX -------- Norisring
RUSSIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ------- Sochi Autodrom
MOROCCAN A2 GRAND PRIX ------ Makkarech Street Circuit
SOUTH AFRICAN A2 GRAND PRIX - Durban Street Circuit
AUSTRALIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ---- Surfers Paradise Street Circuit
INDONESIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ---- Jakarta Street Circuit
SINGAPORE A2 GRAND PRIX ----- Marina Bay Street Circuit

It'd basically be the same as A1GP, but with teams of two that switch over at a mid-race pit stop (perhaps with qualifying as an aggregate of both drivers' lap times)

Feel free to take this idea and use it, because I'm not all that likely to
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

You should have one driver operating the pedals and the other operating the steering wheel :D

CoopsII wrote:

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Aislabie wrote:To be clear, this isn't an idea I'll get to for months, if at all, but...

A2 Grand Prix
Using a fleet of Minardi 2-seater cars, a range of national teams take part in a grand prix series, probably on street circuits because they're cheaper and that's what usually characterised the Minardi team.

Code: Select all

ARGENTINE A2 GRAND PRIX ----- Potrero de los Funes
BRAZILIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ----- Santana Street Circuit
AMERICAN A2 GRAND PRIX ------ Long Beach Circuit
CANADIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ------ Exhibition Place Circuit
FRENCH A2 GRAND PRIX -------- Circuit de Pau
GERMAN A2 GRAND PRIX -------- Norisring
RUSSIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ------- Sochi Autodrom
MOROCCAN A2 GRAND PRIX ------ Makkarech Street Circuit
SOUTH AFRICAN A2 GRAND PRIX - Durban Street Circuit
AUSTRALIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ---- Surfers Paradise Street Circuit
INDONESIAN A2 GRAND PRIX ---- Jakarta Street Circuit
SINGAPORE A2 GRAND PRIX ----- Marina Bay Street Circuit

It'd basically be the same as A1GP, but with teams of two that switch over at a mid-race pit stop (perhaps with qualifying as an aggregate of both drivers' lap times)

Feel free to take this idea and use it, because I'm not all that likely to

I'd probably wait until the current A1GP season is over.

I'd suggest that one must be a professional driver, and the other person a 'famous person' (who has no professional racing history) from that country, and that that famous person has to run a minimum of time in the car.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Tasman Series style held over 4 months from mid-November to mid-March, but held on Southern Hemishpere. Open-wheel, Dallara SF14, one or 2 oval, total max 6 venues with 2 races. Good?
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'm planning an "Africa Racing League" to run over the winter. As I learned from ARNC, allowing too many entries with a mix of part-time and full-time was just a touch too ridiculous and required a lot of work to do.

I'll still be using the Lola B05/52, because that's quite a fun car and I know the livery template well.

Here's how it'll work:

There will be 16-20 cars, teams can be single-car or two-car entries. Ideally, they'll have a history of racing in Africa, or if not at least some connection to the continent. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter, just as long as you're being sensible.

Teams will be required to hire at least ONE "AfriStar" driver. "AfriStars" are canonical drivers who are established racers with experience of canonical racing series. You will need the DEC holder's permission to use them, as per usual. If you run a two-car team, you may either sign two "AfriStars" or introduce your own rookie driver from an African nation.

All eligible AfriStars, as well as the potential calendar, are available on this post. Prince Falik has personally funded a circuit in Nigeria, and will be known as the Falik P-Minus Abuja Circuit.

Any further questions or drivers I may have missed who could be eligible (or if you want a driver off the list), please feel free to ask.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ataxia wrote:I'm planning an "Africa Racing League" to run over the winter. As I learned from ARNC, allowing too many entries with a mix of part-time and full-time was just a touch too ridiculous and required a lot of work to do.

I'll still be using the Lola B05/52, because that's quite a fun car and I know the livery template well.

Here's how it'll work:

There will be 16-20 cars, teams can be single-car or two-car entries. Ideally, they'll have a history of racing in Africa, or if not at least some connection to the continent. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter, just as long as you're being sensible.

Teams will be required to hire at least ONE "AfriStar" driver. "AfriStars" are canonical drivers who are established racers with experience of canonical racing series. You will need the DEC holder's permission to use them, as per usual. If you run a two-car team, you may either sign two "AfriStars" or introduce your own rookie driver from an African nation.

All eligible AfriStars, as well as the potential calendar, are available on this post. Prince Falik has personally funded a circuit in Nigeria, and will be known as the Falik P-Minus Abuja Circuit.

Any further questions or drivers I may have missed who could be eligible (or if you want a driver off the list), please feel free to ask.

Just want to say that Bainomugisha is Ugandese, not Ethiopian. ;) Hard to miss, it's a flag with a giant black c...rane.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nice, I like this. Van Rijkens and Odewa will both definitely do it, providing they get offers of course!

I have a suggestion for a calendar addition too: The Circuit de Dakar
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

AndreaModa wrote:Nice, I like this. Van Rijkens and Odewa will both definitely do it, providing they get offers of course!

I have a suggestion for a calendar addition too: The Circuit de Dakar

That circuit really reminds me of Tsukuba.

CoopsII wrote:

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I've been looking for that circuit and I know it exists for rFactor, but I can't find it!
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

So, uhm, instead of running CWS during the winter, I am planning somehting else: Formula E.

Here's what I've got so far.

http://pastebin.com/XTp7TmAC
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Bobby Doorknobs

Miguel98 wrote:So, uhm, instead of running CWS during the winter, I am planning somehting else: Formula E.

Here's what I've got so far.

http://pastebin.com/XTp7TmAC

Someone needs to do Phoenix Park in rFactor; it would be perfect for Formula E :(

Anyway, looks good on paper. If you can get everything working properly it could be a great series :)

Not so sure about the calendar though. Racalmuto and Brands Hatch are sort of against the whole "world cities" theme of the real-life series.
#FreeGonzo
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

If anyone is interested you can play the original Grand Prix here, I think its classed as abandonware so should be legal, if not then delete https://archive.org/details/msdos_World_Circuit_1992