PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
UncreativeUsername37

Re: PMMF Planning Thread

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

gnrpoison wrote:If anyone is interested you can play the original Grand Prix here, I think its classed as abandonware so should be legal, if not then delete https://archive.org/details/msdos_World_Circuit_1992

That's the point of abandonware: it's obviously still illegal, but nobody cares.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

After spending hours of trying to learn and preparation, i am thinking i could now get the hang of this:

I am thinking of taking over Dark77's Reject Super Truck Series. If i do, the series will use NR2003 instead of Rfactor. The series will use the CWS 2015 Mod which will include 4 models: Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Toyota.

The Calender will be unknown but i would probably either replace Dark77's 2017-2018 season or skip straight for a new 2018 season.

Note: As my computer dosen't like Winmip for security reasons (Winmip is required to convert the PSD files to CAR). Anyone painting their cars will have to winmip them themselves before sending them to me.
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

Is there a way to mod project cars to have teams and prequalifying? This is because I notice you can have 35 AI opponents in the formula a races. If you can edit the drivers and cars then I can get round it i imagine?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So, my thinking is that now Indy is returning, with someone else at the helm that has it working, I could finally get my Indy Academy feeder off the ground, given the mod was tried, testing, and working properly in the past. But I didn't see the point in running a series for a feeder whose parent series couldn't get going.

But, of course, you know me, I promise the world and deliver nothing. So I propose a test. Nothing stupid, nothing that is silly levels of ambitious (80 drivers in one race - what was I thinking with that?!). The plan instead is a nice, round, tolerable 20 drivers. No more. And before even that, I think I need to do a demo race to show I can even make it work at all.

So, as a little winter exhibition, I propose a revival of the Volant Elf. Organised and run by Voeckler GPE, the event at Paul Ricard will be open for current AR 3.5, (fictional) F2, AR 2.0 and (fictional) F3 drivers, with a grand prize for the winner of a seat for Voeckler GPE in AR 3.5 next season.

The restrictions on entry will be this - newcomers will get first preference for teams, with people that have teams across the canon spectrum getting last preference. Approved entrants are guaranteed only one car, second cars can be requested and are approved on the quality of hire secured for the seat. Also, all teams must be one of the following nationalities;

France, Monaco, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Canada, Vanuatu.

Would this get canon approval, or is that headed straight for non-canon? :badoer:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

I got round to (re-)downloading GP2, and I thought I may as well give running a series a go. Now, before I head straight down the rabbit hole I thought it best to run it by you folks to iron out any potential creases. So, here's the proposal:

2018 Anglo-Irish Formula 4 Championship

Cars

One-make, of course, so no one will be agonising over which chassis to buy, which engine to put in the back and so on; it's all about what the driver can do. If you really want to know, it's the Mygale-Ford used in the actual series.

Drivers

Both real-life and fictional drivers are allowed. The usual system will be in place: RNG for existing, DEC owner permission for make-believe. However, any driver who has raced in more senior categories (pretty much anywhere, in other words) will very likely be rejected. I may accept drivers who are currently rookies in a real-life 2016 F4 series, so long as they aren't already in a canon series, of course, though 2018 rookies will probably get better performance.

Furthermore, as this is a series set entirely in Britain and Ireland, I expect most of the entries to consist of British and Irish drivers. This is being run under the assumption that there are other F4 series for drivers in other countries like France, Germany, Italy, Japan, USA etc. I'm not going to outright reject any non-British entries or enforce a specific quota, I'm just going to ask you to be reasonable.

Teams

There will be a maximum of 26 cars, with 1-2 cars per entrant. If the 26-car quota is not met by the entry deadline a number of teams will be invited to expand to three or perhaps four cars to fill that quota. Also, as with drivers, British and Irish entrants are heavily encouraged. Remember that this is a national level championship, so entities like Voeckler won't exactly be at home here.

Also, as with the real series, there will be no teams championship, so you don't stand to gain much by entering a second, third or fourth car.

Race weekend

The race weekend will follow the standard double-header format used in other FIA formulae: Two races with a separate qualifying session for each. Both races will approximate 40 km in length.

Points system

As with the race weekend format, points will be awarded in accordance to the system used in other FIA formulae:

1 - 15 pts
2 - 12 pts
3 - 10 pts
4 - 8 pts
5 - 6 pts
6 - 5 pts
7 - 4 pts
8 - 3 pts
9 - 2 pts
10 - 1 pt
Pole Position - 2 pts

Race calendar

A nice and even ten rounds, starting with the Brands Hatch Indy circuit in April and finishing at the same venue's Grand Prix circuit in September, with all the rounds in between consisting of some of the most challenging circuits Britain and Ireland have to offer. The full provisional calendar:

1. Brands Hatch Indy Circuit: 7-8 April
2. Thruxton: 21-22 April
3. Silverstone National Circuit: 12-13 May
4. Oulton Park Fosters Circuit: 2-3 June
5. Kirkistown: 23-24 June
6. Pembrey: 28-29 July
7. Knockhill: 11-12 August
8. Donington Park National Circuit: 25-26 August (in support of F1, F2 & F3)
9. Mondello Park International Circuit: 15-16 September
10. Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit: 29-30 September
#FreeGonzo
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I would be interested
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

This is exactly what I had in mind with the regional-level series idea, so I'm glad to see plans for our first one. If anyone new to running a series is looking to run something, this is the sort of thing you can do.

It'd be nice to see names like Carlin, Arden and Fortec around in Anglo-Irish F4, and the plans seem very solid, so I look forward to it.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Looks like a solid and well-planned series which will serve to give our canon structure more depth. I support this proposal.

It's a bit ironic though, that a couple of years ago a Formula BMW series was shot down because people thought it would be too low in the canon structure and it'd take years for drivers to progress to the top tier. And now we're agreeing that F4 is a good idea. :pantano:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Before i go further on, i would like to ask everyone a favor. I have got the template for the mod i'm using but i don't know how paintable it is. I've tested it but i would like to ask for your perspective (what you think)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_JXm ... ef=2&pli=1

If the template works well, then i shall carry on:

After many months of canon series planning, as well as some idiocy and a few failures of me running one, i can feel this would be the last for a long time i will plan/propose another one.

Who still remembers my attempt of running CART 2000 and unfortunately that didn't go too well?

Well after spending many months of trying to make my canon series planning better i think
my proposal is here: A Historic Alt-Indycar Season of 2000

2000 Alt-IndyCar Racing League

This series would be done on NR2003.

RULES:

Cars
The Cars will be based on the same mod as the V8 Indycar Series. (1999-2000 Mod)

Numbers:
Any number between 2-99. If I do decide to do a CART 2001 1 will become avaliable but only reserved for the reigning world champion.

Drivers:
Same as always, Real-Life and fictional canon drivers will be allowed with the earlier being decided by RNG The series will contest 24-26 drivers per race with a few Part-Time Entries.

Notice: Indycar's main desire would be to have most teams to be real-life Indycar teams as well as most drivers to be Real-life. This is to help run the series as closely as possible.

Calender (Provisional)

Will contest up to 10 races

Walt Disney Florida January 29
Phoenix March 19
Las Vegas March 26
Motegi April 9
Indianapolis May 28
Colorado June 11
Texas July 16
Atlanta July 23
Kentucky September 3rd
Fontana October 15

Weekend

Possibly follow the same style of F1. A three day race weekend from Friday-Sunday with Practice, Qualifiying and Race on each day.

Similar to the 2000 Indycar points system with a few exceptions:

1 50
2 40
3 35
4 32
5 30
6 28
7 26
8 24
9 22
10 20
11 18
12 17
13 16
14 15
15 14
16 13
17 12
18 11
19 10
20 9
21 8
22 7
23 6
24 5
25 4
26 3
27 2
28 1

This season will not feature car and driver upgrades due to NR2003 having a maximum of ratings instead of unlimited as this league was meant to be run lively and not messed up. However, I may look at Tokens if I change my mind or depending on whether anyone else can come up with an idea for.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Just in case anyone is interested, I have found a working copy of the Tatuus FA010 (the Formula 4 car) for rFactor, which I can repackage and upload. This could be useful for people wanting to spool up other series' to run alongside Simtek's Anglo-Irish series. The original link is too riddled with malicious adverts to repost safely.

Image Image
thor97

Post by thor97 »

gnrpoison wrote:Is there a way to mod project cars to have teams and prequalifying? This is because I notice you can have 35 AI opponents in the formula a races. If you can edit the drivers and cars then I can get round it i imagine?

I don't know if it will work but here is a video that shows how you can change F1 2015 driver names so maybe it will work for project cars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owCzpS5aA0c
Fernando Alonso wrote:The Engine Feels good
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

I've been thinking on doing a One-Make F1 series on GP2 (Like The Life GP Series) with either the Pacific PR001, Simtek,Larrouse or Lotus from the base game, all I need is some feedback. The Schedule will be the base game, Races will be 75% Length
points system will be
Position Points
1 10
2 6
3 4
4 3
5 2
6 1
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
thor97

Post by thor97 »

As i have realized there is a series for almost every type of racing but one hole i found was there was no Nascar series so i have decided to try my best at running the series on NR2003 The Rules would be

2018 Goodyear Tires Nascar Championship

RULES:

Cars
The Cars Will Be Based Upon The 2015 GEN6 Cars
The Models Include
- Chevrolet
- Dodge
- Camry(Toyota)
- EcoBoost(Ford)
More Rules To come

Teams:
Fictional,Real Teams And Part Timers are allowed.
Fictional Teams- Will start with the most money but will have a hard time attracting Drivers,Sponsors or Cars(Unlimeted Drivers)
Real Teams- Will start middle of the road in terms of money will have the best time attracting Drivers,Sponsors or Cars as they are already established(Unlimeted Drivers)
Part Timers- Will start with the least money Drivers will come and go for these teams And so will Sponsors And Cars(limeted Drivers)

*To Allow The series to get started faster without the waiting period of livery design if you pick a real life team you may use any of there Designes from the 2015 Season

Drivers:
Real-Life and fictional canon drivers will be allowed in The series will contest 35-43 drivers per race.

Ratings:
Ratings will be determened Upon Series start

Calender (Provisional)

Will contest up to 23 races
1 Daytona 500 February 25
2 Kobalt 400 LasVegas March 11
3 Good Sam 500 Phoenix March 18
4 Auto Club 400 April 1
5 STP 500 Martisville April 8
6 Food City 500 Bristol April 22
7 Geico 500 Talladega April 29
8 Texas 500 May 6
9 Axalata 400 Pocono May 27
10 Go Bowling 400 Kansas June 17
AllStar Race Charlotte June 23
11 Coca-Cola 600 Charlotte June 24
12 FireKeepers 400 Michigan July 8
13 Save Mart 350 Sonoma July 22
14 Coke-Zero 400 Daytona August 5
15 400 At The Brickyard August 12
16 Cheez-it 355 At the Glen August 26
--------------Chase
17 New England 300 New Hampshire September 9
18 Dover 400 September 23
19 Alabama 500 Talladega October 14
20 Goody's Relief 500 Martinsville October 21
21 AAA Texas 500 November 4
22 Can-Am 5000 Phoenix November 11
23 Ford EcoBoost 400 Homestead November 18

Championship
All Races Count Towards The Drivers Championship
Manufacturers Championship????

Sponsors
?????????????

Anyone Interested??
Last edited by thor97 on 16 Aug 2016, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
Bobby Doorknobs

thor97 wrote:*some very fine plans for a series*

See here.

Judging by the response, there isn't a huge base of interest for a NASCAR series. Sorry, man (lest anyone seek to prove me wrong).
#FreeGonzo
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Simtek wrote:

See here.

Judging by the response, there isn't a huge base of interest for a NASCAR series. Sorry, man (lest anyone seek to prove me wrong).

The difference is that Gonzalez wanted people to enter using their real-life names (or at least that's how I understood it). That's not a very popular suggestion to make, even though some users here have revelead their real names.

Might I suggest that you get rid of The Chase though, and simply have all races count for the championship? I don't follow NASCAR a lot but what I do know is that's it's a fairly ridiculous format.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
thor97

Post by thor97 »

Nuppiz wrote:
Simtek wrote:

See here.

The difference is that Gonzalez wanted people to enter using their real-life names (or at least that's how I understood it). That's not a very popular suggestion to make, even though some users here have revelead their real names.

Might I suggest that you get rid of The Chase though, and simply have all races count for the championship? I don't follow NASCAR a lot but what I do know is that's it's a fairly ridiculous format.

I got rid of the chase. I was thinking of not putting it in in the first place cause in general i don't think it is a really fair way of deciding a champion.
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

While I'm not against the idea of a NASCAR championship per-se, I'm not sure it might be the best route to take at this moment.

A few points;

1. The concern is how much time it would take to simulate the entire championship. NASCAR races at full length are long. Your calendar is 23 races long. That's a lot of simulation. Consider calculating roughly how long the prep, simulation and post-race organisation combined across all the race will take - especially when you factor in adjusting car sets for part time entries, etc.
  2. We are in a place right now where key series have vanished and need replaced with something similar. Touring cars is a pretty big sector of racing that's suddenly had the carpet yanked out from underneath it.
  3. In terms of something that's specific to your listed plans, rather than general points, the sliding scale of how difficult it is to sign drivers would be tough to implement, if you factor in fictional drivers racing in the series. DEC holders are essentially free to shop their drivers to whichever team they wish.

As Salamander demonstrated in the past with ARST / IPC, it's possible to do a good non-NASCAR series well, even with the default NR2003 mod. There is also a bit of crossover between GPR and EFR to think about - some people started here and crossed over, and vice versa, so they are heavily focused on NASCAR, with a US slant to their universe, while ours is a bit more European focused.

Image Image
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

thor97 wrote:As i have realized there is a series for almost every type of racing but one hole i found was there was no Nascar series so i have decided to try my best at running the series on NR2003 The Rules would be

2018 Goodyear Tires Nascar Championship

RULES:

Cars
The Cars Will Be Based Upon The 2015 GEN6 Cars
The Models Include
- Chevrolet
- Dodge
- Camry(Toyota)
- EcoBoost(Ford)
More Rules To come

Teams:
Fictional,Real Teams And Part Timers are allowed.
Fictional Teams- Will start with the most money but will have a hard time attracting Drivers,Sponsors or Cars(Unlimeted Drivers)
Real Teams- Will start middle of the road in terms of money will have the best time attracting Drivers,Sponsors or Cars as they are already established(Unlimeted Drivers)
Part Timers- Will start with the least money Drivers will come and go for these teams And so will Sponsors And Cars(limeted Drivers)

*To Allow The series to get started faster without the waiting period of livery design if you pick a real life team you may use any of there Designes from the 2015 Season

Drivers:
Real-Life and fictional canon drivers will be allowed in The series will contest 35-43 drivers per race.

Ratings:
Ratings will be determened Upon Series start

Calender (Provisional)

Will contest up to 23 races
1 Daytona 500 February 25
2 Kobalt 400 LasVegas March 11
3 Good Sam 500 Phoenix March 18
4 Auto Club 400 April 1
5 STP 500 Martisville April 8
6 Food City 500 Bristol April 22
7 Geico 500 Talladega April 29
8 Texas 500 May 6
9 Axalata 400 Pocono May 27
10 Go Bowling 400 Kansas June 17
AllStar Race Charlotte June 23
11 Coca-Cola 600 Charlotte June 24
12 FireKeepers 400 Michigan July 8
13 Save Mart 350 Sonoma July 22
14 Coke-Zero 400 Daytona August 5
15 400 At The Brickyard August 12
16 Cheez-it 355 At the Glen August 26
--------------Chase
17 New England 300 New Hampshire September 9
18 Dover 400 September 23
19 Alabama 500 Talladega October 14
20 Goody's Relief 500 Martinsville October 21
21 AAA Texas 500 November 4
22 Can-Am 5000 Phoenix November 11
23 Ford EcoBoost 400 Homestead November 18

Championship
All Races Count Towards The Drivers Championship
Manufacturers Championship????

Sponsors
?????????????

Anyone Interested??

I think you might wanna take a look at my proposal:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3624&start=840#p364279

I think this would be much better, probably for you to doif you wish to (Although i would reallylike to do it if i do get to) as it's an American league like Nascar but races with Open Wheel race cars and some road Courses as well as Ovals. I think this would be far more exciting than just watching a huge ton of cars racing in a lot of oval tracks. So if i were you, i'd maybe take my word for it and support this nice constructive idea :)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Alright, I finally got this thing in working condition in grand Prix 2. In an effort to get F4 more support And for Ataxia to finally get that damn Indycar Series going here is my first series for the ASMF:

2018 North American Formula 4 Championship

Cars
The cars will be the same as in real life US Formula 4. The chassis are by Crawford Composites and will be powered by Honda K20C2 engines for the first few seasons, as Honda will update the engine later on. Updates will be provided free of charge for any issues the car develops chronically throughout the season.

Drivers
Real life and fictional drivers are allowed. I would like at least some real-life drivers in the series, but I will
not be putting any restrictions on the use of fictional drivers. Real-life drivers will be chosen through an RNG to seeif they accept an offer or not. For fictional drivers please put the DEC of the owner and any background in regards to previous series.

North and Central America drivers will take first priority, though drivers from the Caribbean and the rest of the Americas are welcome more often than not. Drivers from any other region must have a pretty good story reason to race in this, otherwise they will be rejected. This series is meant for drivers in the Americas to start their careers, so please be reasonable with driver choices.

As with Simtek's F4 series, any driver that races in more senior categories will likely NOT be accepted. F4 is designed to be a first taste of motorsport for drivers leaving karting. Drivers are likely to be between 15 and 20 years old, but I will take them case-by-case.

Teams
The series will have 26 drivers spread through 13 teams. If 26 drivers and teams cannot be reached then I will allow 3-car teams. Teams should be based in North America, Central America, or the Caribbean, and those nationalities will get first priority over teams from any other region of the world.

No constructors championship will be held for this series, only one for drivers.

Race Weekend
A race weekend is over two days, with each day having a 30 minute qualifying session followed by a race around 25 miles long.

Points will follow the F4 standard set by the Anglo-Irish championship:

1st: 15
2nd: 12
3rd: 10
4th: 8
5th: 6
6th: 5
7th: 4
8th: 3
9th: 2
10th: 1
Pole Position: 2

Penalties
Drivers that perform infractions on track, mainly regarding reckless driving and causing collisions, will receive time penalties
based on the severity of the infraction. Severe enough infractions, or repeated accumulation of infractions, will
result in a suspended race ban or full race ban. Two suspended race bans add up to one full race ban.

Calendar
The calendar for the 2018 season will be largely following the Indycar calendar in order to reduce costs of transport. There are 8 weekends in the season:

*= Supports the Indycar Series

1)*Streets of St. Petersburg (March 8,9)
2)*Barber Motorsports Park (April 26,27)
3)Lime Rock Park (May 6,7)
4)Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (June 2,3)
5)*Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (July 5,6)
6)*Toronto Exhibition Place (July 19,20)
7)*Sonoma Raceway (Indycar Layout) (September 6,7)
8)*Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (September 20,21)
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

2018 Italian Formula 4 Championship

Base Configuration
The series will be run in rFactor, using the Formula Abarth mod. For the uninitiated, this is exactly the same car which is currently used as the spec F4 car in real life, the Tatuus FA010, with a 1400cc Fiat Powertrain Technology engine in the back (branded as Abarth).

Rules
Teams must be based in Europe. No exceptions. And to avoid people getting clever, anything that has a border with the Caspian Sea that isn't Russia does not count as Europe. Stop trying to buy your way into the club, Azerbaijan!

Teams can have between one and three cars. Any team can apply for two slots, but the number of three car teams will be limited, and only awarded to those who enter teams that either in real life, or in canon, demonstrated the commitment and resources required to run such a venture. Whether you are awarded a three car team or not is entirely at my own discretion.

A similar story for drivers, though North Africa is fine given its proximity to Italy, and if the reasoning is sound enough, anything goes. But if you do stray out Southern Europe and The Med for your driver choices, be prepared to get shot down for any and all reasons!

Generally speaking, there will be no experienced drivers. However, there are two "Top Kek" slots available, wherein you can hire a gentleman racer over the age of 35 who is of notable rejectful background. Your Ciprianis, Hurnis and Kralevs all have a chance to be humiliated by drivers less than half their age :deletraz:

Race structure
The entry list will be capped at a maximum of 40 cars. The weekend structure will be identical to that of AutoReject 3.5, with two heats deciding those that graduate into the weekend final. Unlike AR 3.5 however, this will be decided by random ballot, rather than by car numbers.

All races, heats and finals, will be approximately 100km in length. We will use the same points system as AI and US F4, for sake of uniformity.

Calendar
The entire series will be set in Italy.

1. Autodromo Nazionale Monza - April 7-8**
2. Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli - May 5-6
3. Adria International Raceway - June 2-3
4. Mugello Circuit - July 14-15
5. Vallelunga Circuit - September 8-9
6. Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari - September 29-30

What I want to consult on is what to do in the middle. Do we stick to traditional big tracks like Misano, Adria, Mugello and Vallelunga, or mix things up a bit with lesser visited tracks like Autodromo Valle dei Templi and Autodromo di Franciacorta?

** Supports ARWS, AR 3.5 and AR 2.0.

A bold new feature?
I wanted to do something that added a little bit of skill, a little bit of effort, without ramping up the difficulty too much. So I suggest one device, something that not only lets people be creative and make a difference to their team's form, but can rescue a driver who maybe didn't do so well out of the initial RNG.

Driver training. There are multiple test sessions a year, and at these sessions, a more experienced driver joins the team for its test, to impart their knowledge on the youngsters and guide them to improve their skill. The better a mentor you pick, the better chance they have to improve.

Image Image
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

I've an 80% written Esteban Tuero alt-hist at home. Would this interest anyone?
Bobby Doorknobs

Aislabie wrote:I've an 80% written Esteban Tuero alt-hist at home. Would this interest anyone?

Do go on...
#FreeGonzo
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Simtek wrote:
Aislabie wrote:I've an 80% written Esteban Tuero alt-hist at home. Would this interest anyone?

Do go on...

One can not possibly get enough Esteban Tuero on a forum like this, can it? (not trying to put pressure on you though)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Simtek wrote:

Do go on...

He accepts the offer of a second year at Minardi. It sort of becomes a reject-made-good tale, and he'll still be in F1 as we head into the 2017 silly season. This weekend, he'd be heading into his 346th Grand Prix, if I've counted right.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aislabie wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Do go on...

He accepts the offer of a second year at Minardi. It sort of becomes a reject-made-good tale, and he'll still be in F1 as we head into the 2017 silly season. This weekend, he'd be heading into his 346th Grand Prix, if I've counted right.

In the words of a well-known geopolitical webcomic, gib? :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Bobby Doorknobs

Wizzie wrote:In the words of a well-known geopolitical webcomic, gib? :P

Already of happenings!
#FreeGonzo
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

So, I've wanted to do this for a while
1994 Pacific Grand Prix Series
So a one-make series using the Pacific PR001 (For 1994-1995) and the PR002 (1996-1997) on the GP2 base game calendar (Simulated by GP2)
Interlagos
Okayama
Imola
Monaco
Barcelona
Montreal
Magny-Cours
Silverstone
Hockenheimring (1990's)
Hungaoring
Spa
Monza
Estoril
Jerez
Suzuka
Adelaide
Rules
MUST Be a pacific PR001 for the first and second season
Cars will be based off the 1994 NT carset
YOU MUST paint your cars
Car Stats are
Power (Race/Practice) : 700
Power (Qualification) : 700
Car Failure Probability : 23405
DRIVERS MUST have at least raced in Formula 1 Stat cars before (Life GP Series ETC.)
Canon Rookies will be allowed But will be RNGed
No Real Drivers allowed
if anyone thinks I should go ahead with this please respond to this
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around here for a few months but didn't really register an account until today. One of the series that caught my eye was FMecha's 2014 GT300 World Series, and I'd like to run something similar (and obviously not canon, since hey, you know, I'm new) using rFactor and a combination of GT racing mods I've combined together from a separate project.

Pacific Endurance Series
Summary
PES (don't laugh) is a series loosely modeled after events in the 2003 to 2008 Super GT seasons. Like the series it is modeled after, it is a two-class endurance racing series, with two categories: Group 1 (basically not-GT500) and Group 2 (not-GT300 and some older GT2 cars). As its name implies, PES races at venues near the Pacific Ocean; races primarily take place in Japan with four of the nine rounds taking place in Australia, Malaysia, and the United States. Teams enter pairs of drivers in each car.

Cars
In-game, the cars will come from a variety of mods, but primarily from ports of the Super GT500 and GT300 mods found in GTR2. The cars are divided into two categories as outlined above. Cars can be entered either by Factory or Privateer teams; this will be elaborated on further in another part of the post.

Group 1 (Limit 18 cars)
~700 bhp
>1050 kg
65% reliability
  • Honda NSX-R GT500 (up to 4 cars)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 JGTC (up to 5 cars)
  • Toyota Supra JGTC (up to 5 cars)
  • Ferrari 550 GTS (privateer only)
  • McLaren F1 GTR (privateer only)

Group 2 (no limits, no factory teams)
~550 bhp
>1150 kg
65% reliability
  • Honda NSX-R GT300 (recycling the GT500 model above, but spec'd down)
  • Nissan 350Z GT300 (using the GT500 model, because the GT300 one proper was never ported)
  • Toyota Supra HV-R Group 2 (again as above, and also because no Celica/MR2/MRS GT300 models :( )
  • Mazda RX-7 GT300
  • Subaru Impreza WRX GT300 (based on the "Hawkeye" generation model)
  • Mooncraft Shiden RT-16
  • Porsche 993 GT2
  • Ferrari F360 GT300
  • Mosler MT900R
  • BMW Z4 M Coupe GT

Rules
As this is essentially Super GT but sorta-kinda international in an alternate universe, some of the series rules are modeled as such, sort of.

You must enter a pair of drivers from a pool of hirable competitors. They will be measured in three stats, Speed, Aggression, and Composure (how likely they are to bin the car). They then have an Overall Rating, which restricts what drivers they may be paired with. In Group 1, there are no limits, but in Group 2, you must have an Overall Rating lower than 75 average between your drivers for that car.

Teams will also be limited to one of the following car compositions:
2 Group 1s, no Group 2s
1 Group 1, 1 Group 2
Up to three Group 2s

When selecting a car, you must specify a tire manufacturer from the list below. Each of the manufacturers' tires have different characteristics which affect performance relative to qualifying and races.
  • Mikurin: Both Groups. A tire developed with prolonged stints in mind, but slightly lower grip hampers it in qualifying.
  • Bongstoned: Both Groups. An all-round tire with no real major problems.
  • Yoko-Ono: Group 2 only. A tire with slightly higher grip, but drops off slightly worse too.
  • Hawken: Group 2 only. The most grippy of the tires, but drops very sharply about halfway into a stint.

There will be a credit system to determine race winnings as well as starting money for Factory and Privateer teams. All Privateer teams start at 400K CR. Factory teams start at 600K CR. These credits are used to purchase upgrades to help mitigate Success Ballast (outlined later in these rules below). The upgrades are as follows:
Aero Package: +6%/+8% Front/Rear Downforce. Cost: 200K CR. Limit 3.
Endurance Test: +10% Reliability. Cost: 250K CR. Limit 2.
Engine Tuning: +3-5 horsepower, slightly more torque. Cost: 150K CR. Limit 3.
Bigger Brake Package: +2% more braking power. Cost: 200K CR. Limit 3.
Eco-Spec ECU: +20% better fuel economy (1 less pit stop). Cost: 400K CR. One-time purchase only.

Points go 24 (1st) / 22 (2nd) / 20 (3rd) / 18 (4th) / 16 (5th) / 14 (6th) / 12 (7th) / 10 (8th) / 8 (9th) / 6 (10th) / 4 (11th) / 3 (12th) / 2 (On lead lap) / 1 (2+ laps behind). Driver pairs are scored by class. There is 1 additional point for qualifying on pole. Each point your team scores is worth 10K CR.

There will be a success ballast system based on finishing position. 1st adds 20 kg, 2nd or 3rd adds 10 kg, and 4th and 5th add 5 kg. Finishing in 6th-10th does not add ballast. Driver pairings who finish outside of the top 10 drop 10 kg, EXCEPT if they fail to finish. Watch out - qualifying in the top three adds another 5 kg of ballast.
Cars in both Group 1 and 2 are capped at a maximum of 50 kg ballast.

Schedule
R1 @ Bathurst
R2 @ Sepang GP
R3 @ Portland Intl' Raceway
R4 @ Laguna Seca*
R5 @ Okayama
R6 @ Fuji 80's
R7 @ Autopolis
R8 @ Sugo
Finals @ Suzuka
All races are 200 km EXCEPT for the Finals at Suzuka, which is a 600 km race.

I know this is really bold coming from a new poster, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this and maybe we can get this running in some shape or form.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Racing Heart wrote:PES (don't laugh)

I'm not laughing, I'm just expecting race commentary from Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking! :vergne:

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

Biscione wrote:

I'm not laughing, I'm just expecting race commentary from Peter Brackley and Trevor Brooking! :vergne:

We've had worse-named series anyway.

*Simtek glares at Aerond*
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:*Simtek glares at Aerond*

You mean like this?

Can I join in too?

Image Image
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Simtek wrote:
Biscione wrote:

We've had worse-named series anyway.

*Simtek glares at Aerond*

*Racing Heart joins Simtek in glaring at Aerond*
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

That sounds like the sort of thing I'd want to get into!
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

We need more canon representation of Super GT, so I look forward to this new series!
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

Wow, surprised it's gotten this much approval! Hopefully within the next month (give maybe another week or two) I can get everything ready. I've got another series on hiatus and have been working on fixing a lot of things over the last couple of weeks, but a lot of it benefits Pacific Endurance Series too. :D
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

For the unknowing, I also participate in Racing Heart's "other project", where most team managers there are mostly people from GTPlanet. My team there, Lightning Breakers, scored it's first points few weeks after Team Mecha scored it's first ARWS point :lol:

CaptainGetz12 wrote:We need more canon representation of Super GT, so I look forward to this new series!

I found that the HSV-010 is in the GT SS waiting list for the 2023 season. Given how GTSS/GTRWC is being run right now, this might a roadblock for a potential GPR canon Super GT series.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

FMecha wrote:For the unknowing, I also participate in Racing Heart's "other project", where most team managers there are mostly people from GTPlanet. My team there, Lightning Breakers, scored it's first points few weeks after Team Mecha scored it's first ARWS point :lol:

CaptainGetz12 wrote:We need more canon representation of Super GT, so I look forward to this new series!

I found that the HSV-010 is in the GT SS waiting list for the 2023 season. Given how GTSS/GTRWC is being run right now, this might a roadblock for a potential GPR canon Super GT series.

That is in 2023, so I would not worry about it right now. :D
Bobby Doorknobs

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
FMecha wrote:For the unknowing, I also participate in Racing Heart's "other project", where most team managers there are mostly people from GTPlanet. My team there, Lightning Breakers, scored it's first points few weeks after Team Mecha scored it's first ARWS point :lol:

That is in 2023, so I would not worry about it right now. :D

We'll all be dead by then anyway :P
#FreeGonzo
Racing Heart

Post by Racing Heart »

FMecha wrote:I found that the HSV-010 is in the GT SS waiting list for the 2023 season. Given how GTSS/GTRWC is being run right now, this might a roadblock for a potential GPR canon Super GT series.

Not really. The 2019 list for PES was deliberately curated to avoid drama with GTRWC/GTSS. The only car that is in both lists for Group 1 is the 550 GTS, but PES' spec is the GT500 model that was fielded privately by Hitotsuyama Racing in real-life. For 2023 and onwards, we'll be dropping the GT500s altogether, with the Oreca 03R for Nissan, the HPD ARX-03 for Honda, and the Lola B12/80 for Toyota. The Zytek Z11SN will be the only non-Japanese powered pick for privateers in Group 1. While it would be fun to try to write some rivalry between PES and GTSS, I would rather just run my series with minimal cross-series drama where possible.