PMMF Planning Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
V8fan12

Re: PMMF Planning Thread

Post by V8fan12 »

I'd be interested in a NASCAR series
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

While voting is still underway for the automated F3 Americas championship, I'm putting together a shortlist of teams and drivers that might participate in the series. The list of teams can be found here. If anyone has a team they would like to see in the series they are more than welcome to submit one here. The same goes for drivers.

Be warned though, only thirteen teams will participate in the championship.
#FreeGonzo
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Simtek wrote:While voting is still underway for the automated F3 Americas championship, I'm putting together a shortlist of teams and drivers that might participate in the series. The list of teams can be found here. If anyone has a team they would like to see in the series they are more than welcome to submit one here. The same goes for drivers.

This brings a good question about these automated championships. Do team owners get any input as to decisions & lineups? I don't like the idea of any team of mine having decisions dictated externally.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

DemocalypseNow wrote:
Simtek wrote:While voting is still underway for the automated F3 Americas championship, I'm putting together a shortlist of teams and drivers that might participate in the series. The list of teams can be found here. If anyone has a team they would like to see in the series they are more than welcome to submit one here. The same goes for drivers.

This brings a good question about these automated championships. Do team owners get any input as to decisions & lineups? I don't like the idea of any team of mine having decisions dictated externally.

For the first week after the thread is opened you can submit driver lineups as well as plans for what to do when a driver is underperforming (I won't do injuries). After that first week, it's all automated.
#FreeGonzo
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

North Star Racing Canada is interested in having a team in F3 Americas.
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

In terms of your particular series, I would like to understand then the viability of a pair of one car teams. I imagine you're running this in GP2, correct? Tropico Academy can really only sustain one driver at a time (for 2019 I'd probably pick Loyola out of Free Agency, and for 2020 promote Santillan from SAF4), and use the other slot for a team like Christopherson Racing [Imani Burrell] or Moreno Motorsport [random real-life canuck]. Thoughts?

Image Image
Bobby Doorknobs

DemocalypseNow wrote:In terms of your particular series, I would like to understand then the viability of a pair of one car teams. I imagine you're running this in GP2, correct? Tropico Academy can really only sustain one driver at a time (for 2019 I'd probably pick Loyola out of Free Agency, and for 2020 promote Santillan from SAF4), and use the other slot for a team like Christopherson Racing [Imani Burrell] or Moreno Motorsport [random real-life canuck]. Thoughts?

I am trying to keep this consistent with the Eurasian championship in terms of structure, so I'm afraid one-car entries won't be possible. Sorry.
#FreeGonzo
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I haven't forgotten about the NASCAR series - I've just put the (sorta) finishing touches on the budgets, driver salaries, and chassis/engine/pit crew, which can be found in this spreadsheet here.

If all seems okay, I'll look at getting the series up and taking signups in a week or so.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

I'm thinking of running a successor to the Life GP Series, From 1994-1997, Like using the Pacific PR001(94-95) and PR002 (96-97), If this isn't a good idea I would be keen to run a F4 Series, or an F4 level-series not Sanctioned by the FIA, Maybe the Australian F4 Challenge (a support series to V8 Supercars), Another Idea (If i ever get rFactor or GTR2 or anything better than emulating GP2) is running V8 Supercars itself, With some Support Series, I don't exactly know what I would do, If anyone has any simulator Ideas for any other series I may run (On Steam if possible), It would be kindly appreciated.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Dexter249 wrote:I'm thinking of running a successor to the Life GP Series, From 1994-1997, Like using the Pacific PR001(94-95) and PR002 (96-97), If this isn't a good idea I would be keen to run a F4 Series, or an F4 level-series not Sanctioned by the FIA, Maybe the Australian F4 Challenge (a support series to V8 Supercars), Another Idea (If i ever get rFactor or GTR2 or anything better than emulating GP2) is running V8 Supercars itself, With some Support Series, I don't exactly know what I would do, If anyone has any simulator Ideas for any other series I may run (On Steam if possible), It would be kindly appreciated.

If you want to get some experience, starting with F4 Australia is a good place to start. Those always get approved easily from what I've seen :D

For the throwback series you may want to look through the old Life GP and Rejects-1 threads in the "Flat Out Flat Broke" subforum (someone did continue the tradition, but they have since left the forum. You can also ask Nuppiz for help with such a series, though it runs on F1 Challenge, not rFactor).
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
Dexter249 wrote:I'm thinking of running a successor to the Life GP Series, From 1994-1997, Like using the Pacific PR001(94-95) and PR002 (96-97), If this isn't a good idea I would be keen to run a F4 Series, or an F4 level-series not Sanctioned by the FIA, Maybe the Australian F4 Challenge (a support series to V8 Supercars), Another Idea (If i ever get rFactor or GTR2 or anything better than emulating GP2) is running V8 Supercars itself, With some Support Series, I don't exactly know what I would do, If anyone has any simulator Ideas for any other series I may run (On Steam if possible), It would be kindly appreciated.

If you want to get some experience, starting with F4 Australia is a good place to start. Those always get approved easily from what I've seen :D

For the throwback series you may want to look through the old Life GP and Rejects-1 threads in the "Flat Out Flat Broke" subforum (someone did continue the tradition, but they have since left the forum. You can also ask Nuppiz for help with such a series, though it runs on F1 Challenge, not rFactor).

And to save you some time, here's direct links to the relevant threads:
LGPS
Rejects-1 1994
Rejects-1 1995
Rejects-1 1996
Rejects-1 1997 (never run, just planned)

Although unless I'm mistaken, Rejects-1 has been removed from canon due to all sorts of shenanigans AxelP800 pulled off, especially in the later seasons.

Running the series on rFactor shouldn't be much more difficult than F1C, as the two games are very closely related.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Just a thought- if you ran a Life-powered series during 2020 instead of the '90s it could be timed for the 30th anniversary of their F1 "effort", which I feel could make sense and cause no continuity woes. (indeed, I have considered proposing that as an idea before, but my rFactor install is hopelessly unreliable)
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This Could Be You wrote:a Life-powered series
This Could Be You wrote:but my rFactor install is hopelessly unreliable

Image Image
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Thinking of running a F4 Series in Europe, Germany,France,Spain,Belgium,Portugal. pretty much most of western Europe Minus Italy, All I'm gonna need is some carshapes, so I present you

FIA European Formula 4 Championship

Cars : One-make of course, Preferably the Tatuus FA010 or the Mygale-Ford, If those are unavailable, I might just use the Dome F4 from Asia.

Drivers : Same rules apply as all F4 series.

Field of cars : Max 26 Cars, using GP2 for this, 1-2 entrants per team.

Race Weekend : Run similarly to Anglo-Irish F4 and North American F4, with no heats and just two races.

Points System : Same as always.

Race Calendar

1. Hockenheim April 13-14
2. Le Mans Bugatti Circuit April 27-28
3. Paul Ricard (90's Layout because GP2.de) May 18-19
4. Zolder June 1-2
5. Jerez June 29-30
6. Estoril July 13-14
7. Zandvoort August 19-20
8. Monaco (ARWS Support) September 7-8

There you have it.
This Could Be You

Dexter249 wrote:Thinking of running a F4 Series in Europe, Germany,France,Spain,Belgium,Portugal. pretty much most of western Europe Minus Italy, All I'm gonna need is some carshapes, so I present you

Cars : One-make of course, Preferably the Tatuus FA010 or the Mygale-Ford, If those are unavailable, I might just use the Dome F4 from Asia.

Race Weekend : Run similarly to Anglo-Irish F4 and North American F4, with no heats and just two races.

Race Calendar

4. Zolder June 1-2
5. Jerez June 29-30
6. Estoril July 13-14

There you have it.

Isn't Europe already quite well covered by the Anglo-Irish and Italian Series? I feel that either a Tasman/Oceania, or maybe a Russian or Indian F4 might make more sense in so much as it would expand the driver talent pool a bit (though arguably with the amount of F4 series we have already and a lack of third-tier series, this may not be a good thing...)

Also, if you were running a series, feel free to call my F4 carshape something other than Dome, as it would be more realistic (the carshape is A-I F4 for example, while identical, is called a "Mygale")
Your Signature Here

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Dexter249 wrote:All I'm gonna need is some carshapes, so I present you

Here's quick mock-up of the cars:

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

This Could Be You wrote:
Dexter249 wrote:Thinking of running a F4 Series in Europe, Germany,France,Spain,Belgium,Portugal. pretty much most of western Europe Minus Italy, All I'm gonna need is some carshapes, so I present you

Race Calendar

4. Zolder June 1-2
5. Jerez June 29-30
6. Estoril July 13-14

There you have it.

Isn't Europe already quite well covered by the Anglo-Irish and Italian Series? I feel that either a Tasman/Oceania, or maybe a Russian or Indian F4 might make more sense in so much as it would expand the driver talent pool a bit (though arguably with the amount of F4 series we have already and a lack of third-tier series, this may not be a good thing...)

Also, if you were running a series, feel free to call my F4 carshape something other than Dome, as it would be more realistic (the carshape is A-I F4 for example, while identical, is called a "Mygale")

I could do a Russian one or Eastern European F4 instead, I'll come up with a schedule when I get home and am able to get GP2 tracks downloaded
Bobby Doorknobs

Dexter, it's great to see that you're willing to run a series, but at present our big concern is that there are too many F4 championships as is and not enough places for F4 drivers to go beyond that. Right now what we're doing is looking at restructuring the third tier to accommodate this level of growth, including splitting F3 Eurasia and adding a third tier series for the Indy ladder (the latter yet to be greenlit by the council).

If you want to start running a canon series, the 18MDMF is the better place to start at present. There you can bypass the entry-level series for new managers rule that's resulted in the F4 overpopulation we're dealing with right now. You also won't have to worry too much about the impact of any errors you might make, as every 18MDMF series is completely self-contained.

And yeah, the Mygale's literally just the Dome. Before that it was an old FPA car. :D
#FreeGonzo
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Simtek wrote:Dexter, it's great to see that you're willing to run a series, but at present our big concern is that there are too many F4 championships as is and not enough places for F4 drivers to go beyond that. Right now what we're doing is looking at restructuring the third tier to accommodate this level of growth, including splitting F3 Eurasia and adding a third tier series for the Indy ladder (the latter yet to be greenlit by the council).

If you want to start running a canon series, the 18MDMF is the better place to start at present. There you can bypass the entry-level series for new managers rule that's resulted in the F4 overpopulation we're dealing with right now. You also won't have to worry too much about the impact of any errors you might make, as every 18MDMF series is completely self-contained.

And yeah, the Mygale's literally just the Dome. Before that it was an old FPA car. :D

In that case I might consider doing something and experimenting with F1 Carsets of the past for a bit and see what happens.
Bobby Doorknobs

Now taking provisional team entries for the 2020 Star Mazda championship. Post here, drop me a PM, whatever you like. Give me as many team suggestions as you want. Same goes for drivers.

EDIT: I've created a wiki page which will be used for provisional entry list purposes until the 2020 thread opens. Feel free to edit it with whatever teams or fictional drivers (with DEC owner permission!) you like for now. Real-life drivers will be sorted out when the thread for the series proper opens and I'll also get down to the actual team selection process, number of entries per team etc. at that same time.
#FreeGonzo
thor97

Post by thor97 »

Anyone open to reopening the rivalry between cart and indycar with a canon cart series.

I have some plans and would be open to running it if i could get a green light?
Fernando Alonso wrote:The Engine Feels good
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

thor97 wrote:Anyone open to reopening the rivalry between cart and indycar with a canon cart series.

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

thor97 wrote:Anyone open to reopening the rivalry between cart and indycar with a canon cart series.

Considering that canon Indycar a) has only just got going and b) follows the storyline of "it was on hiatus for two years after a similar split with F1RICS", I don't think this would be entirely wise.

It's not up to me, but I don't support this at all I'm afraid.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Bobby Doorknobs

Ataxia wrote:

Considering that canon Indycar a) has only just got going and b) follows the storyline of "it was on hiatus for two years after a similar split with F1RICS", I don't think this would be entirely wise.

It's not up to me, but I don't support this at all I'm afraid.

My initial reading of (and reaction to) it was similar to yours, but I have a feeling he means having a split era CART series, as has been attempted a couple of times before. Even if it is the latter, though, it might be best to let the set of series we have currently set in 1989 catch up before it's attempted.

Either that or have a CART "golden age" series instead...
#FreeGonzo
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

So as I have downloaded GP2 today and the thinking would be of going with a GP2 series which hopefully will be canon from the non-canon status that I am thinking of. The series will start in 2010 with this calendar.

1. Istanbul Park (8-9 May)
2. Mugello (15-16 May)
3. Monaco (29-30 May)
4. Donington (12-13 June)
5. Athlone (26-27 June)
6. Lausitz (24-25 July)
7. Silverstone (7-8 August)
8. Valencia (28-29 August)
9. Monza (4-5 September)
10. Hungaroring (11-12 September)

If you have a key eye, you would have noticed that most of the rounds support the F1 except for the odd one at Silverstone. Basically, I hope for this series to run to 2017 where it gets renamed to Formula 2 which is canon.

So yeah that is my plan of attack if you want this to be a thing. :)
Officially Retired
Bobby Doorknobs

HawkAussie wrote:So as I have downloaded GP2 today and the thinking would be of going with a GP2 series which hopefully will be canon from the non-canon status that I am thinking of. The series will start in 2010 with this calendar.

1. Istanbul Park (8-9 May)
2. Mugello (15-16 May)
3. Monaco (29-30 May)
4. Donington (12-13 June)
5. Athlone (26-27 June)
6. Lausitz (24-25 July)
7. Silverstone (7-8 August)
8. Valencia (28-29 August)
9. Monza (4-5 September)
10. Hungaroring (11-12 September)

If you have a key eye, you would have noticed that most of the rounds support the F1 except for the odd one at Silverstone. Basically, I hope for this series to run to 2017 where it gets renamed to Formula 2 which is canon.

So yeah that is my plan of attack if you want this to be a thing. :)

It's a nice idea, but it's redundant. The whole point of the feeder ladder we have now is that it provides a real-time driver market for series higher up (as well as providing more series for people to sink their teeth into). Having a GP2 series starting almost ten years behind the current era F1 when that whole period's been covered just doesn't make sense, I'm afraid.

Also, canon Formula 2 is a successor to F2RWRS, not GP2, and started in 2018, seeing as none of us actually foresaw the circumstances leading to real-life F2. The status of GP2 in canon's always been a bit up in the air, but sort of treated as something that's been going on in the background, and canon F1 already received graduates from there even if it was a background series (Kobayashi, Pérez, Valsecchi etc.).
#FreeGonzo
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Simtek wrote:It's a nice idea, but it's redundant. The whole point of the feeder ladder we have now is that it provides a real-time driver market for series higher up (as well as providing more series for people to sink their teeth into). Having a GP2 series starting almost ten years behind the current era F1 when that whole period's been covered just doesn't make sense, I'm afraid.

Also, canon Formula 2 is a successor to F2RWRS, not GP2, and started in 2018, seeing as none of us actually foresaw the circumstances leading to real-life F2. The status of GP2 in canon's always been a bit up in the air, but sort of treated as something that's been going on in the background, and canon F1 already received graduates from there even if it was a background series (Kobayashi, Pérez, Valsecchi etc.).

I understand where you come on this but then the question is how did GP2 die because as we know it started in 2005 in OTL and if it was the same in this TL then maybe it is like Auto GP as it slowly dies out and it gets removed or something like that in terms of canon. But maybe a quick simulation with barely any input from other users can possibly get an defind result which might go in canon.

A couple more ideas that I was looking at through Wikipedia was maybe the Tasman Series which ran between 1964-1975 or the European Formula Two which began in 1967. Not only this might be uncharted territory in terms of canon (of course run first season as non-canon) but possibly a new series which I can use GP2 in. There was also the 1923 Grand Prix championship that pi314159 didn't finish but of course with that being over a year old I don't know the numbers that would return.

Ideally, this would be the most practical in order:
1. European Formula Two
2. Tasman Series
3. Grand Prix Championship (finish it)
Officially Retired
Bobby Doorknobs

HawkAussie wrote:I understand where you come on this but then the question is how did GP2 die because as we know it started in 2005 in OTL and if it was the same in this TL then maybe it is like Auto GP as it slowly dies out and it gets removed or something like that in terms of canon. But maybe a quick simulation with barely any input from other users can possibly get an defind result which might go in canon.

Yeah, I think the way we're treating it is that it was axed as soon as F2 came along, or something along those lines. I guess a quicksim series might be ok, it's just I don't think it's something that exactly has a lot of demand. But if you want to do it, I suppose it's fine so long as the results are believable and it fits seamlessly into established canon.

HawkAussie wrote:A couple more ideas that I was looking at through Wikipedia was maybe the Tasman Series which ran between 1964-1975 or the European Formula Two which began in 1967. Not only this might be uncharted territory in terms of canon (of course run first season as non-canon) but possibly a new series which I can use GP2 in. There was also the 1923 Grand Prix championship that pi314159 didn't finish but of course with that being over a year old I don't know the numbers that would return.

Ideally, this would be the most practical in order:
1. European Formula Two
2. Tasman Series
3. Grand Prix Championship (finish it)

The problem with the old F2 and Tasman Series is exactly what you've described: They're uncharted waters. F2 starts ten years either side of tommykl's and Pasta's F1 series, and there's no predicting how the driver market will look in the former once it gets that far (e.g. Frank Gardner might have a works Brabham F1 drive instead of an F2 drive by then, while someone like Chris Irwin might still be waiting for an opportunity).

Another problem, which would especially be relevant to the Tasman Series, is that there's no telling which F1 drivers are still going to be alive in 1964 or beyond. Some, such as Brabham and McLaren, will likely have plot armour in that period because they're simply too important from a canon perspective, but others like Clark and possibly Hill won't have the same immunity. With two series already covering this era (Alt-F1 1950s and WSRC), another one set in a different year to these two at around the same time would generate too many headaches relating to injuries or deaths. It's a fine idea - and one I would love to see in action - but it would be best if it was run as a companion series to Alt-F1, instead of running it seven seasons ahead.

As for Alt-1923, it would be a complete change - possibly too much of a change - from the setup Pi uses. Add to that the fact that in GP2 there are no carsets from the period, no circuits from the period and no possibility of recreating most circuits from the period due to track length restrictions.

I won't deny that these are good ideas, but the timing just isn't right.

However, I can offer you the keys to F3 Americas or Indy Pro Mazda, which are already run or will be run through GP2. Canon rules probably won't allow you to take them over right away (you may have to go an 18MDMF route as proof of concept or competence or whatever first), but the offer is there, should you be willing and able to take it. Part of the reason I run quicksim series now is to fill a gap in canon while no one else is available to run the series "normally", and I would happily give one away if someone else wants it and is able to run it. :)

Another idea would be Aurora F1, which is something I've looked at (all I've got so far is a list of circuits though), but that will require a great deal of synchronization with Pasta's series - same chassis/engine stats, same driver stats etc.
#FreeGonzo
thor97

Post by thor97 »

Simtek wrote:However, I can offer you the keys to F3 Americas or Indy Pro Mazda, which are already run or will be run through GP2. Canon rules probably won't allow you to take them over right away (you may have to go an 18MDMF route as proof of concept or competence or whatever first), but the offer is there, should you be willing and able to take it. Part of the reason I run quicksim series now is to fill a gap in canon while no one else is available to run the series "normally", and I would happily give one away if someone else wants it and is able to run it. :)

If you are happy to give one away i would love to run a cannon series most likely the F3 Americas(as i already have entered a team in Indy Pro Mazda). If you are willing to give that one away i would be willing to run it no problem
Fernando Alonso wrote:The Engine Feels good
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
This Could Be You

I've been researching the viability of running a canon rallying series using existing scorinators (as they can be run on my other computer which, while weaker, doesn't overheat) over the past couple of days, and considering I have found a decent, dedicated rally scorinator that works (GTScorinator Rally 1.7), would the forum be interested in a revival of the stillborn RejectRallyTrophy for 2020? (which was cancelled a few years ago due to such issues with xKoranate as a viable simulator). I would be able to run 7-9 rounds (each with 14-21 stages, over 2-3 legs) with a 48 car field split into three classes per event (probably WRC, R5 and Group N equivalents) on simulated tarmac, gravel and snow. Obviously if I was to do this I would probably cease to run the non-canon Virtual BTCC series, as it will be largely superceded by altBTCC 2020 anyway and had an extremely flawed ruleset, and it would probably be difficult to successfully run four series at once.
Your Signature Here

Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Right, although I might be digging a thread up a little, it's just an idea I've had, which I think would be better suited to here unless the majority of reception is positive, which in that case I'll try put the idea forward.

In any case, the idea in question is for a canon golden-era CART series, starting in 1990 to go with the existing F1, F3000 and WTCM series from that period. I shall also attempt to justify the series.

Q: Why do we need a historic CART series?
A: Well, in the time period I'm going for, the early-to-mid 90s, CART was the next biggest and most prestigious racing series in the world that wasn't F1, and I think it would be fitting for this to be represented in canon. It also ties up some loose ends, provides better backstories and helps solve some problems, like the Nigel Mansell situation (it won't happen now, but it will in future).

Q: You already have an 18DMF CART series, why do you want to do another?
A: Well, the focus of the series is different (that one is based in the late-90s 'split' era; this one is based in the early-90s golden era) and I feel that it's more challenging to run this one.

Q: Ok, how is it gonna be run?
A: GP2 for the main season, with another suitable simulator (rFactor, F1C, maybe even something else) being used to run the Indy 500.

Q: How are you going to do things like chassis, engines and budgeting?
A: See here

Q: How are the rules gonna work?
A: See here

Any further questions, feel free to ask!
Bobby Doorknobs

My only major problem with this proposal is the two-cars-per-team-at-every-race rule. This isn't Bernie's F1. Indycar racing has a long history of single-car and part-time entries that persists to the present day, and this era is filled with them. I honestly don't think there's a good enough in-universe justification for having it any other way. If you're going to use GP2 for this, I'd suggest "doubling up" teams in GP2edit. You're only going to get so many chassis-engine combinations, so it's unlikely to have any detrimental effect.
#FreeGonzo
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Simtek wrote:My only major problem with this proposal is the two-cars-per-team-at-every-race rule. This isn't Bernie's F1. Indycar racing has a long history of single-car and part-time entries that persists to the present day, and this era is filled with them. I honestly don't think there's a good enough in-universe justification for having it any other way. If you're going to use GP2 for this, I'd suggest "doubling up" teams in GP2edit. You're only going to get so many chassis-engine combinations, so it's unlikely to have any detrimental effect.

On reflection, that rule does seem very far-fetched, so I've removed it from the proposal. Thank you for the feedback anyways, it is much appreciated to know what other people think, and to change/refine things before it gets put forward seriously, so thanks.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Unexpected News!
I have found my GT Legends and GTR2 copies, as well as my Race 07 and Richard Burns Rally copies!
this means that I may run a series that involves certain cars soon!
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Ladies and gentlemen, coming soon to the 18-Metre Debut Memorial Forum:

This new and vastly improved GT3 World Championship will replace both the old Women’s GT World Championship and the Women’s GT Junior Cup! As the name suggests, it’s located in the same universe as the previous two series (simply because I can’t let go...).

I’ll need some time for the final preparations, but here are the details so far:

All available GT3 cars (from 2007 to today), factory status possible; each team running 2 cars and 4 drivers; 12 to 16 races all around the globe (exact number will be announced soon); tyre suppliers; race engineers; a team budget to manage; a season goal to fulfil; contract negotiations with staff and drivers; changing weather conditions, and (of course) female racing drivers only.

Also, this time around, the game will lean even more towards traditional RPG’s, including choosing character classes, defining your character’s skills, etc. That makes the game more complex, but not necessarily more complicated. We’ll go through the character creation process step by step, so those of you who have no experience with RPG’s won’t be left out in the cold.

On a side note: I’m also not going to post a race every three days anymore. That was a huge (and rather stressful) mistake back in 2014 – a mistake I’m not going to repeat! There will be a lot more time to develop the gameplay! I’m aiming for a ARWS level of storytelling, if we (mostly I) can manage to reach such a high goal...

Oh yes, I almost forgot...

P.S.: This series (like any of my previous ones) is nothing more than a simple but pure fictional fantasy fulfilment on some forum on the internet. It is NOT (and never will be) meant as a political statement to support gender segregation in motorsports in any way, shape or form.

I just do what the good girls should never ever, never ever do. ;)
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Is it too early to call dibs on taking control of Audi again? :D

As someone who was an avid RPG gamer in my time, very much looking forward to the level of detail that this new venture will bring.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Can JAF GT300 cars be used? ;)
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Dexter249 wrote:Can JAF GT300 cars be used? ;)

I thought about this as well, but there is no real reason to allow it.

Firstly, GT300 and GT3 are two completely different rulesets. I'm not an engineer myself, but as far as I understand it: GT300 cars seem to have weaker engines, but more advanced aerodynamics than GT3 cars. I've never seen the two race against each other, so I wouldn't know how that would turn out. However, I've seen a Honda HSV-010 GT500 destroy a Maserati MC12 GT1, and I'm afraid that the difference between GT3 and GT300 would be just as drastically.

Secondly, most asian manufacturers (except for Subaru and maybe Lotus...) have actual GT3 cars at their disposal. Toyota has the Lexus RC-F GT3, Honda has the amazing Acura NSX GT3, and Nissan has the Nismo GT-R GT3. The rest of the GT300 grid is usually filled up with BMW's, Mercedes's, Porsche's, Audi's – so basically all the cars you'll find in a GT3 grid anyway, just adapted to the GT300 rulebook.

As I've said, the only two manufacturers without an (actual) GT3 car would be Subaru and Lotus. The latter never developed a GT3 version of the Evora, but they have an old GT3 version of the Exige, which I'm going to use. That leaves only Subaru – and just for them, I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of tweaking rules and engineering.

Please keep in mind that I'm not using any kind of videogame to produce the race results, but a classic D20 RPG system. So, rule-changes are a lot more complicated for me than for other series managers to make. Sorry.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I would be keen to jump on the bandwagon again, but may be a bit of an irregular poster, due to my student nursing placement.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

dr-baker wrote:I would be keen to jump on the bandwagon again, but may be a bit of an irregular poster, due to my student nursing placement.

I wouldn't worry about that too much, if I were you. The Women's GT Masters is supposed to run at a much slower pace than all of my previous endeavours, which should allow even those with little time on their hands to follow effortlessly.

Besides, the only players I really don't want to see participating at all are the ones who post an entry, only to never ever show up again. ;)

AustralianStig wrote:Is it too early to call dibs on taking control of Audi again? :D

Both yes and no. But you can already sign up, if you want to...

The Women's GT Masters is now in the 18-Metre Debut Memorial Forum!
(Link in the signature down below)