Luca Pacchiarini's GT career (GTR2)

Archive for the three above subforums
LucaPacchiarini

Luca Pacchiarini's GT career (GTR2)

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

...I still can't understand why I wasn't signed by the offical Corvette team... perhaps I shouldn't have spat in their face after they told me I should moderate my language more in post race interviews :roll:
Anyway, I signed a one year contract with a private Chevrolet Corvette team, Pacanto, for the 2005 World GT Championship.

This championship will surely be a close and spectacular battle between top teams like Maserati (Herbert, Salo) Chevrolet (Beretta, Fellows) Ferrari (Bobbi, Capellari) Saleen (Lechner) and... me with my private Chevy :mrgreen:

As for the schedule, there are mainly official GTR2 tracks with three add-ons:

Zuhai
Barcelona
Estoril
Brno
Imola
Hockenheim (?) or some equivalently horrid german track
Donington
Anderstorp
Spa
Monza
Detroit (lolz)
Interlagos (rain alert!)

My beauty :D

Last edited by LucaPacchiarini on 14 Jan 2011, 02:25, edited 3 times in total.
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
Shizuka

Re: Luca Pacchiarini's GT career (GTR2)

Post by Shizuka »

I really like your colour scheme! Reminds me of this year's F1 Renault!

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
LucaPacchiarini

The season started in China, at the modern Zhuhai Circuit.
Its location is pictoresque because it's surrounded by rice fields... in qualifying, Lamborghini star Jean Denis Deletraz spun out of the track and ruined one years' harvest for those poor rice cultivators, but that's another story.

The track: Notice how cleverly the chinese have placed the "Parking" sign in one of the aforementioned rice fields.

The start!
Mika Salo from the pole in the chinese sunset

First corner: as Salo leads in front of Fellows, Pacchiarini forgets the first turn is a right hander and loses many positions

The front pack in the first laps: still Salo, Fellows, Cappellari and Lechner

Tight line: Chevrolet driver Fellows takes the lead with a precise manouvre

Saleen climbing through the field: Lechner takes position at the expense of Cappellari

One up,Two down: Fellows makes a mistake and gets overtaken again for the lead by Salo, but also by Lechner, who is now second.

Stuck throttle isn't a pleasant thing. Salo ended his race against that wall. Lechner's Saleen is now first.

Not a lucky day... Pacchiarini has a contact with ex-F1 Karl Wendlinger as his recovery becomes even more complicated.

Prancing horses: Bobbi overtakes Cappellari in a Ferrari derby and takes 3rd position.
On the left, what is presumably an abandoned part of the Great Wall.

Chinese grass: Bobbi makes full use of the chinese territory to take 2nd position from Fellows.

Task Complete: Ferrari also takes third spot on the podium as Fellows is overtook by Cappelari too

Results of the first round:
A surprise win by Lechner with his Saleen... he overtook two cars in fron of him and then took advantage of Salo's crash...

Well, after that noobish mistake at the first corner, I managed to arrive 8th storming through the field, despite that contact with Wendlinger (what a stupid bastard he was! he zigzaged during braking)... not too bad... one point.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Yay! You've just beaten Déletraz :lol:
LucaPacchiarini

I can't be bothered to post pics from a race in which I was so horrible... I spun out of the fourth corner in the first lap... horrible.

Here are the results.
Mika salo's Maserati started from the pole, but he couldn't keep the right pace in the race, so after a few laps he was overtaken by Fellows and Lechner, that finished in the order.
A calmer race compared to the first one, but after all we saw three overtakings in the podium positions, which has never happened to F1 on this track :)