Your Reject of the Race - Brazil!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Captain Hammer

Your Reject of the Race - Brazil!

Post by Captain Hammer »

It's that time of the weekend again!

So far, no-one has really made a case for themselves as Reject of the Race. Vitaly Petrov is the only one that springs to mind, but according to Renault, his crash was the result of a rear wing failure. Apparently the Russian's F-duct got stuck in the open position and he lost all downforce going into Ferradura, which you kind of need downforce for. Otherwise, Alonso's engine for not blowing up in the race, Lewis Hamilton for claiming he can catch the Red Bulls this weekend, then admitting they were untouchable in the dry, and I believe Kamui Kobayashi went off at the same place as Petrov did.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Brazil!

Post by FullMetalJack »

Toro Rosso - I know they've been slow all season, bar Buemi leading at Canada, but they've just looked painfully slow so far this weekend.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Michael Schumacher: His guilt was not by accident with Alguersuari itself, but after this he made a brake-test in Jaime and almost caused another collision.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Virgin's new sponser on their rear fin - utterly hideous
mario

Post by mario »

Just to add a little correction to Captain Hammer's post, although Kobayashi did go off at the same corner as Petrov in the first practise session, Sauber said that was due to a rear wheel failure (his left rear tyre came off the rim, pitching him into a spin).

So, although there were two crashes, neither driver could really be blamed, as their accidents have been linked to mechanical failures.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
jpm

Post by jpm »

senna for being destroyed AGAIn by klien in qually 1. 7 tenths? and yet guess who is still being linked to lotus/air asia/ 1malaysia/ renault
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Also... Sutil finishes 17th? In slippery conditions? The qualify's reject has to be Sutil so far.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Senna spun near the end, which would have screwed his tyres when the track and Klien was quickest. In FP3 Klien was only a tenth faster than Bruno.

Edit: @jpm
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

The pit-lane siren.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Everyone except Hulkenburg - u mad, title contenders? :hulkenburgtrollface.jpg:
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Force India. 16th & 18th.

Which will become 16th and 23rd after Sutil's penalty.

Pre-nomination for whichever title contender tangles with Hulkenberg off the start - because you know it's going to happen.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Williams if they blow the race.
Force India for being less impressive than Bruno Senna...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I usually wait after the race to select my ROTR, but in this case I'll make an exception. My nomination is the judge who said he would jail Massa if he let Alonso by. Seriously, dude? Why don't you go and jail all the drivers that let faster cars by on highways?
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Sutil is tempting, but so far, I'd give it to;

Brazilian drivers

All four drivers well and truly beaten by their team-mates in qualifying.

Also, the career prospects of at least 3 of them aren't looking good for next year.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
jpm

Post by jpm »

GwilymJJames wrote:The pit-lane siren.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Peter

Post by Peter »

Soon to be both Red Bulls when they take each other out in turn 1.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Valrys wrote:Senna spun near the end, which would have screwed his tyres when the track and Klien was quickest. In FP3 Klien was only a tenth faster than Bruno.

Erhm, he was faster than Klien in FP3
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

Valrys wrote:Senna spun near the end, which would have screwed his tyres when the track and Klien was quickest. In FP3 Klien was only a tenth faster than Bruno.

Erhm, he was faster than Klien in FP3
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Force India: You know you did crap when abmysal doesn't cut the mustard.
Pre nomination for the title contender/twat that decides to take Hulkenberg out at the first corner: Fairly self explanatory really.
EDIT: Channel 10/ONE: Screw you. You made me miss the best qualifying sesson all season :x
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wizzie wrote:Pre nomination for the title contender/twat that decides to take Hulkenberg out at the first corner: Fairly self explanatory really.

What if the accident is his fault, just like the one in Japan? :D
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wizzie wrote:EDIT: Channel 10/ONE: Screw you. You made me miss the best qualifying sesson all season :x

What did you expect? A superb coverage from the third worst channel in Australia?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Klon wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Pre nomination for the title contender/twat that decides to take Hulkenberg out at the first corner: Fairly self explanatory really.

Then I'll become biased and still blame the championship contender simply because Hulkenberg got pole :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Wizzie wrote:EDIT: Channel 10/ONE: Screw you. You made me miss the best qualifying sesson all season :x

What did you expect? A superb coverage from the third worst channel in Australia?

I wasn't expecting a superb coverage but I was expecting a coverage to being with. Instead ONE wouldn't work and Ten were showing a replay of a rugby union match
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wizzie wrote:
Klon wrote:

Then I'll become biased and still blame the championship contender simply because Hulkenberg got pole :lol:

That is reasonable, disregard my objection then. :D
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Wizzie wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:

I wasn't expecting a superb coverage but I was expecting a coverage to being with. Instead ONE wouldn't work and Ten were showing a replay of a rugby union match

Hey hey hey hey hey, don't knock the rugby union match. I missed qualifying because I was at one.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

ROTR to anyone at Williams who is still thinking of dropping Hulkenberg

Fairly self-explanatory really
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Pastor Maldonado.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Force India - Slowest of the established teams in qualifying with Sutil not even making it past Q1, even though he is considered quite good in the wet.
Hulkenberg's critics - Pole position should prove them wrong.
This is a cool spot.
Peter

Post by Peter »

LionZoo wrote:Pastor Maldonado.

:lol:
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Me, for finding out what happened in qualifying four hours after the fact via text message from my father. I thought he typoed "HAM" when he said "HUL" was P1.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Would-be Jenson Button carjackers.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Paul Hayes wrote:Would-be Jenson Button carjackers.

The whole "crime around Interlagos" thing makes me want to do a "reject of the location" for each Formula One-hosting racetrack ever.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Could you elaborate, did you actually have problems getting a signal for One?
-Abraham Lincoln
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ed24 wrote:

For once this season yeah.
J Washburn Stoker

Post by J Washburn Stoker »

Wizzie wrote:
Ed24 wrote:

Surely your RotR should be signal reception problems then, and not ONE? Ten never shows F1 live so I don't know what you expected there, and at least ONE is replaying qualifying (at 8pm). :P
“The only way that engineer’s message could have been any scarier would have been if it had been delivered in the dark.”
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

J Washburn Stoker wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
Ed24 wrote:

Surely your RotR should be signal reception problems then, and not ONE? Ten never shows F1 live so I don't know what you expected there, and at least ONE is replaying qualifying (at 8pm). :P

Well it was 3am and from previous seasons the Canadia and Brazilian Grand Prix are usually live on 10 because of the early morning start times.
J Washburn Stoker

Post by J Washburn Stoker »

...meanwhile on RugbyRejects.com people are complaining that the Wales v Australia match wasn't shown in HD. :mrgreen:

Not that I'm trying to marginalise your complaint, by the way. It sucks you didn't get to see it. But between the two live events, I'm glad they chose to show F1 on HD and not the other way around.
“The only way that engineer’s message could have been any scarier would have been if it had been delivered in the dark.”
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

I can understand the rugby fans' complaints considering F1 isn't actually in F1 anyway :D

Wizzie wrote:Well it was 3am and from previous seasons the Canadia and Brazilian Grand Prix are usually live on 10 because of the early morning start times.

True, but I'm fairly sure that's for the race only - I don't think Montreal qualifying was available on Ten this year.
-Abraham Lincoln
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Phoenix wrote:I usually wait after the race to select my ROTR, but in this case I'll make an exception. My nomination is the judge who said he would jail Massa if he let Alonso by. Seriously, dude? Why don't you go and jail all the drivers that let faster cars by on highways?

Because there is a statute in Brazilian law that protects the rights of spectators to see a fair and equal competition. If Massa were to let Alonso through, he would be manipulating the outcome of the race, thereby denying the spectators that right, and making him guilty of defrauding the crowd.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Captain Hammer wrote:Because there is a statute in Brazilian law that protects the rights of spectators to see a fair and equal competition. If Massa were to let Alonso through, he would be manipulating the outcome of the race, thereby denying the spectators that right, and making him guilty of defrauding the crowd.

But I believe the law states (obviously its a translation so it could be wrong) that altering the result of a sporting event is illegal.

Surely Timo Glock in Brazil 2008 was guilty of this offence, as is every driver in every race.

Also, technically speaking, the 'result' doesn't exist until the race is over anyway.
-Abraham Lincoln