Brazilian GP race review

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Brazilian GP race review

Post by eytl »

Hi everyone,

With only a week turnaround between Brazil and Abu Dhabi, the Brazilian GP review (now up) is a bit of a smash-and-grab affair.

http://www.f1rejects.com/centrale/2010/brazil/index.html

Hope it makes more sense than Jonathan Legard!

Cheers,
Enoch
Ed24

Re: Brazilian GP race review

Post by Ed24 »

Very good!

As for the old China 2008, Brazil 2007, Sepang and Germany 1999 argument, there has always been a line in the sand when one driver is mathematically out of contention. Not to mention, team orders weren't illegal in 1999.

Its interesting what you say about the Lotus drivers, because it seems that there is a general perception that Kovalainen is doing a much better job than Trulli, and yet Trulli has won the qualifying "battle" this year (he is 2 ahead with one round left). Maybe Kovalainen has been better in the races, but a lot of that has come down to luck due to the ticking timebomb nature of the hydraulics. In short, I think Trulli's been a little underrated this year.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ed24 wrote:In short, I think Trulli's been a little underrated this year.

I beg to differ after his performance in Korea ;)

Anyways another top notch review and I agree with your ROTR even though I personally believe that it should have gone to the Force as a whole for their lack of pace.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Wizzie wrote:I beg to differ after his performance in Korea ;)

Well you can't really judge a year on one race.

That's like saying Hamilton's had a bad year after his performance in Monza.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
TimmyB

Post by TimmyB »

Nice one mate, thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

No mention of the most classified finishers ever?

The first section is a great primer for the inevitable drama that will unfold this weekend.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I think you were a bit unfair on Petrov. According to Renault, his accident in Friday practice was a result of a rear wing failure - his F-duct got stuck in the open position going into one of the most aero-dependent corners on the circuit. I doubt most of the established drivers would have been able to recover from that. And as for his race, he got squeezed by Alguersuari and was forced to queue up in order to rejoin the race.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ed24 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:I beg to differ after his performance in Korea ;)

Well you can't really judge a year on one race.

Yeah but that's all I've seen of Jarno all season when his car hasn't blown up :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Thanks for the review, Enoch.

Having voted for Sutil as ROTR myself in the thread, I now have to play the party-pooper and point out that Tonio's crash was the result of a broken trackrod, according to this week's Autosport. Come to think of it, it's not the first time that Interlagos bends stuff in the cars. Care to reconsider?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

It's like a quiz show: "Your first answer stands!"

Yes, I read that report as well. But still, Liuzzi was the only DNF (not counting the non-classified di Grassi), and I think we have given ROTR to a lone-DNFer in the past. Plus there was the lazy block on Sutil in qualifying. So I think the decision will stay. Who says F1, or F1 Rejects, is fair?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

eytl wrote:It's like a quiz show: "Your first answer stands!"

Yes, I read that report as well. But still, Liuzzi was the only DNF (not counting the non-classified di Grassi), and I think we have given ROTR to a lone-DNFer in the past. Plus there was the lazy block on Sutil in qualifying. So I think the decision will stay. Who says F1, or F1 Rejects, is fair?

Not me. Besides, he drives a Hummer - I'd slap him with a ROTY if I could.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Waris

Post by Waris »

TimmyB wrote:No mention of the most classified finishers ever?

The 1952 British Grand Prix also had 22 finishers, albeit out of 31 starters, so it's a shared record at best.

Great review, by the way! I enjoyed reading this more comprehensive, shorter review. Though I hope the Abu Dhabi one will be more elaborate once more.

And I already look forward to the season review (and end-of-season podcast)... that will be yummy!
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS