The new patch worn on the Red Bull clothes?

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Chewie

The new patch worn on the Red Bull clothes?

Post by Chewie »

The white one, with a funny font around a comedy muscular arm?

I saw it on Newey's shirt and the race overalls, then noticed everyone was wearing them.

Can anyone tell me what they were and what they said?
How ironic; Alonso loses because the Renault in front of him doesn't crash, or indeed feel inclined to pull over and let him pass!!!
dangling

Re: The new patch worn on the Red Bull clothes?

Post by dangling »

http://twitpic.com/36q753

Looks like it says - Redbull Breakfast of Champions. Apt!
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Its a nod to James Hunt, because Vettel did what the 1976 World Champion did:

Winning the title in the final round, despite not leading the standings at any point in the season.

James Hunt used to wear a T-Shirt that said "Sex - The Breakfast of Champions" clearly Red Bull think their product is better than sex. Also conspiracy theorists may stand up in regards to who RBR wanted to win the race before the day had even begun.

Hunts Under-Overalls T-Shirt

Red Bull's Badge (WORN BY THE ENTIRE TEAM, conspiracy theorists on negative-gravity bunjee cords)
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
RAK

Post by RAK »

ADx_Wales wrote:James Hunt used to wear a T-Shirt that said "Sex - The Breakfast of Champions"

And a patch was sent out by Top Gear Magazine for all of the living members of the Campaign For Real Racing Drivers (CAMRRAD) depicting that, in honour of James Hunt.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

RAK wrote:
ADx_Wales wrote:James Hunt used to wear a T-Shirt that said "Sex - The Breakfast of Champions"

And a patch was sent out by Top Gear Magazine for all of the living members of the Campaign For Real Racing Drivers (CAMRRAD) depicting that, in honour of James Hunt.

RAK - what's the car in your avatar? I've just seen one like it on ESPN classic - literally 10 mins ago, and then I notice it in your pic. Never seen it before and then twice on 10 mins - spooky!
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

noisebox wrote:
RAK wrote:

RAK - what's the car in your avatar? I've just seen one like it on ESPN classic - literally 10 mins ago, and then I notice it in your pic. Never seen it before and then twice on 10 mins - spooky!

Isn't it a Ligier somethingrather? I will be put to shame in a matter of minutes...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
noisebox wrote:RAK - what's the car in your avatar? I've just seen one like it on ESPN classic - literally 10 mins ago, and then I notice it in your pic. Never seen it before and then twice on 10 mins - spooky!

Isn't it a Ligier somethingrather? I will be put to shame in a matter of minutes...

Eiffelland, I do believe.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

RAK wrote:

Top Gear Australia's magazine gave the CAMRRAD award in this years July issue to none other than rejected NASCAR driver and rejected F1 team owner Jacques Villeneuve. No wonder I'm planning on cancelling my subscription at the end of this year.
This is a cool spot.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

MinardiFan95 wrote:
RAK wrote:

Top Gear Australia's magazine gave the CAMRRAD award in this years July issue to none other than rejected NASCAR driver and rejected F1 team owner Jacques Villeneuve. No wonder I'm planning on cancelling my subscription at the end of this year.

CAMRRAD - The antidote to Robert Kubica!
Bastards...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:CAMRRAD - The antidote to Robert Kubica!
Bastards...

In the UK Top Gear magazine it was originally "the antidote to Ralf Schumacher" but in their infinite wisdom the Aussie editors decided to change it to Kubica for reasons not known to anyone who follows motorsport at all.
This is a cool spot.
RAK

Post by RAK »

dr-baker wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:
noisebox wrote:RAK - what's the car in your avatar? I've just seen one like it on ESPN classic - literally 10 mins ago, and then I notice it in your pic. Never seen it before and then twice on 10 mins - spooky!

Correct.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

RAK wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:Isn't it a Ligier somethingrather? I will be put to shame in a matter of minutes...

Correct.

:D
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

MinardiFan95 wrote:In the UK Top Gear magazine it was originally "the antidote to Ralf Schumacher" but in their infinite wisdom the Aussie editors decided to change it to Kubica for reasons not known to anyone who follows motorsport at all.

So it's only a change from stupid to even more stupid? :D
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Klon wrote:
MinardiFan95 wrote:In the UK Top Gear magazine it was originally "the antidote to Ralf Schumacher" but in their infinite wisdom the Aussie editors decided to change it to Kubica for reasons not known to anyone who follows motorsport at all.

So it's only a change from stupid to even more stupid? :D

I believe that in any case UK TG has chosen the 2nd choice for boring German F1 racer.