Suck it, Liuzzi!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
JohnMLTX

Suck it, Liuzzi!

Post by JohnMLTX »

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/1/11668.html

Sutil and Di Resta at Force India, with Hulkenburg 3rd.

And Liuzzi is gone.

Oh yeaaaaah.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ibsey wrote:Things happen in my underwear, every time I hear those Ferrari's.
fjackdaw

Re: Suck it, Liuzzi!

Post by fjackdaw »

He was not a great driver, but he seemed a decent enough person, and I'm not sure about gloating over his misfortune.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

+1

Not really the thing for a website dedicated to cheering on the F1 also rans.

This has also been posted in the "Silly Season" thread.
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Noone should be allowed to cheer because of someone else's bad luck. The only part we can cheer about is that Sutil stays and di Resta gets in. Besides, Liuzzi is rumoured to be a candidate to be HRT's 2nd driver...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I think they've made the right decision here. Liuzzi was on his second chance last year, but multiple crashes and 18th place qualifying does not earn you a spot in F1. Di Resta doesn't seem the most exciting of prospects (due to him having been out of open wheelers for so long), but he deserves a shot.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Peter

Post by Peter »

bathplug bathplug bathplug bathplug bathplug NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

They terminated his contract entirely? So Liuzzi was just kicked out? This is such a career ruiner for him.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Peter wrote:bathplug bathplug bathplug bathplug bathplug NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

They terminated his contract entirely? So Liuzzi was just kicked out? This is such a career ruiner for him.

I think he ruined his career when he drove for Toro Rosso. Besides, there's always HRT.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Peter

Post by Peter »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:

I think he ruined his career when he drove for Toro Rosso. Besides, there's always HRT.

I'm still mad at HRT for dumping Bruno Senna. But maybe he can be their Godsend.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:

Did he have any other option? Okay, so he had 4 races in RBR, but still.
Do you think he would have deserved the RBR seat after Klien in 06 instead of Doornbos?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

eagleash wrote:Not really the thing for a website dedicated to cheering on the F1 also rans.

...Unless it's Nelson Piquet :D
Making up the numbers
Wookey

Post by Wookey »

I think this is right decision by Force India. Di Resta I think will be good, more good than Sutil I think. :)
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Wookey wrote:Di Resta I think will be good, more good than Sutil I think. :)

You're closer to the truth than you realise. From memory Di Resta was the best part of half a second quicker than Sutil at the Pirelli test at Abu Dhabi and miles quicker than Liuzzi. Then again testing is nothing compared to the white-hot pressure of a race weekend.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
S951

Post by S951 »

be interesting if Tonio gets the hrt seat, will see then if he cares about his career and pulls his head out of his arse
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Root for less terrible drivers and your dreams won't get crushed.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

S951 wrote:be interesting if Tonio gets the hrt seat, will see then if he cares about his career and pulls his head out of his arse

I don't know if it's a lack of interest in his own career, so much as just not being quite good enough for Formula 1.
Peter

Post by Peter »

thehemogoblin wrote:

Liuzzi's not terrible. He's got some speed, though inconsistent, and crashes a bit more than the team would be comfortable with.

Waiting for Liuzzi to go to HRT and give them points.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Peter wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Liuzzi's not terrible. He's got some speed, though inconsistent, and crashes a bit more than the team would be comfortable with.

Waiting for Liuzzi to go to HRT and give them points.

He's definitely both awful and consistently worse than his teammates. I'm pretty sure you're just incredibly misguided.
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

He should pursue another career as DJ, he looked like a bloke who accidentally became a driver
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

LucaPacchiarini wrote:He should pursue another career as DJ, he looked like a bloke who accidentally became a driver

Winning Italian Karting championships, a Karting World championship and beating, at the time, the current F1 champion at his own track in a karting race is not accidental. Winning F3000 with victories in 7 of 10 races is also hardly accidental. The guy is fast, only inconsistently. I guess that for each Kobayashi that makes it into F1 and ends up being awesome, there is the reverse. For instance, Badoer beat, between others, Barrichello and Coulthard to the F3000 championship in 1992.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

DanielPT wrote:
LucaPacchiarini wrote:He should pursue another career as DJ, he looked like a bloke who accidentally became a driver

Winning Italian Karting championships, a Karting World championship and beating, at the time, the current F1 champion at his own track in a karting race is not accidental. Winning F3000 with victories in 7 of 10 races is also hardly accidental. The guy is fast, only inconsistently. I guess that for each Kobayashi that makes it into F1 and ends up being awesome, there is the reverse. For instance, Badoer beat, between others, Barrichello and Coulthard to the F3000 championship in 1992.

True, but Badoer never drove a decent F1 car in his career, and often did well against his teammates.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
LucaPacchiarini

Post by LucaPacchiarini »

DanielPT wrote:

I know his past exploits, I just said that he "looks" like someone who accidentally became a driver because of his look and his style
..I'm the member number 666 on this forum... I'm doomed to rejectdom
"Giovanni Lavaggi Draiver is a big, bigger than people think"
(Giancarlo Minardi, on his former driver Giovanni Lavaggi)
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

LucaPacchiarini wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

I know his past exploits, I just said that he "looks" like someone who accidentally became a driver because of his look and his style

Well, maybe you are right. He really does seem more interested in preserving his looks than the car on the road while travelling as fast as he can. There are a loot of football players that throw a promising career down the toilet because of their looks so I guess it is also possible for an F1 driver...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.