The not-so-rejectful YouTube Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
MinardiFan95

The not-so-rejectful YouTube Thread

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Too often are non-rejectful videos posted in the Reject YouTube thread (such as the Kobayashi passing Button in a test session video). The videos posted in this thread do not need a reject driver or even a F1 driver in them but they need to be a motor-racing video or a motor-racing related video.

To kick things off, here's a BTCC race at Donington in 1998, featuring Derek Warwick and Nigel Mansell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXkWUCBoe4k
This is a cool spot.
dinizintheoven

Re: The not-so-rejectful YouTube Thread

Post by dinizintheoven »

And I'll follow that up with a bit more BTCC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCGnkApnDU

"What a save!" indeed.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:And I'll follow that up with a bit more BTCC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCGnkApnDU

"What a save!" indeed.

I remember sitting in Paddock Hil grandstand watching that happen right in front of me! Jonathan Adam got disqualified for that, if I remember correctly.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:And I'll follow that up with a bit more BTCC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCGnkApnDU

"What a save!" indeed.

I remember sitting in Paddock Hil grandstand watching that happen right in front of me! Jonathan Adam got disqualified for that, if I remember correctly.

This also reminds me of the drifting going on at Thruxton at this year's BTCC round, some absolutely amazing slides and saves, can't find any videos of them though :(
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJMHJRKD ... re=related another one from BTCC with Roland Ratzenberger (I didn't know he raced in BTCC) and Murray Walker commentary.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

Have you not Phoenix? I posted the Donington 1 Hour link on the other youtube thread ages ago, he was sharing the Demon Tweeks BMW in that race aswell.

Here is the Thruxton race he took part in, Along with TV's Mike Smith and Frank Sytner from the Brands race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dihd_pC7 ... re=related
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

The best part of last weekend's V8 Supercar round at Hidden Valley didn't happen during the races...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxU23SIElw
This is a cool spot.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MinardiFan95 wrote:The best part of last weekend's V8 Supercar round at Hidden Valley didn't happen during the races...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAxU23SIElw

And it's not happening on YouTube either...

YouTube wrote:This video contains content from Telstra Bigpond, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Conventi

Post by Conventi »

A truefully rejectworthy moment in a motorbike race at Magny Cours...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLXvae18-ek&feature=player_embedded

Enjoy !
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

montoya bullying his way through a race...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH1h9N0dRS0
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

THIS should be used as the BBC intro instead of the one they have now.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

It may only be one of the current generation V8s but even so that is mightily impressive when you can hear the thing from (literally) a mile away.
Jimmy1601

Post by Jimmy1601 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQZ6MjtGPQ

The incredible last few laps of the US 500 at Michigan in 2000. With epic commentary from Ben Edwards!
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

Jimmy1601 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQZ6MjtGPQ

The incredible last few laps of the US 500 at Michigan in 2000. With epic commentary from Ben Edwards!

Michigan 1999-2001 had the best finishes I can remember! Oh, and 1995 as well! :)
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Jimmy1601 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQZ6MjtGPQ

The whole video is epic!
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeanDenisAlcatraz

Post by JeanDenisAlcatraz »

I know I say this a lot, but I really miss the chunky old grey/yellow F1 graphics.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

JeanDenisAlcatraz wrote:I know I say this a lot, but I really miss the chunky old grey/yellow F1 graphics.

I for my part miss the inserts from these days. It's a shame to know that most of the current drivers have never been seen with said graphics.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

If there are any graphics I miss, it's the old pre-chunky-1994 graphics when the titles were given in the language of the host country, unless it was Hungary or Japan.

2 GIRI AL TERMINE
GIRO PIÙ VELOCE: 2 G. BERGER 1'26.531

It was possible to pick up bits of French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese without the slightest shred of effort - and before my time, there'd have been titles in Dutch at Zandvoort and Zolder. Now? It's more a case of Speak English Or Die.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Someone did a tribute video of Webber at end of 2010. One of the best I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxiTnTAt ... ata_player
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

If this is anything to go by, then the battle for 5th in the constructors championship will be a lot more interesting next season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PBJrP5eGkE
This is a cool spot.
S951

Post by S951 »

wow good kart race
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Well, if the AP02 was a crapbox, God knows what name the AP01 deserves. That car needed the carnage that was the Belgian GP to finish the year in front of Tyrrell (who didn't invest a single penny on the car because it was going to be replaced by BAR) and Minardi (which had one of their most uncompetitive cars in the pre-Stoddart era; certainly it was worse than the 1999 and 2000 models). I would argue that car was actually worse than the dreadful AP03, or at least on par.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ferrim wrote:

Well, if the AP02 was a crapbox, God knows what name the AP01 deserves. That car needed the carnage that was the Belgian GP to finish the year in front of Tyrrell (who didn't invest a single penny on the car because it was going to be replaced by BAR) and Minardi (which had one of their most uncompetitive cars in the pre-Stoddart era; certainly it was worse than the 1999 and 2000 models). I would argue that car was actually worse than the dreadful AP03, or at least on par.

Well, all the Prost cars with the exception of the JS-46 were pretty shite to begin with :lol:
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Wizzie wrote:
Ferrim wrote:

Well, all the Prost cars with the exception of the JS-46 were pretty shite to begin with :lol:

And then, for pre-season testing in 2001, they tried to decieve everyone by running an underweight AP04. Of course, it was exposed as the usual crapbox come Melbourne, though strangly reliable, if I remember correctly, with the Ferrari package (when Burti wasn't busy destroying chassis!)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

East Londoner wrote:
Wizzie wrote:[quote="Ferrim]
Well, if the AP02 was a crapbox, God knows what name the AP01 deserves. That car needed the carnage that was the Belgian GP to finish the year in front of Tyrrell (who didn't invest a single penny on the car because it was going to be replaced by BAR) and Minardi (which had one of their most uncompetitive cars in the pre-Stoddart era; certainly it was worse than the 1999 and 2000 models). I would argue that car was actually worse than the dreadful AP03, or at least on par.[/quote]

Well, all the Prost cars with the exception of the JS-46 were pretty shite to begin with :lol:[/quote]
And then, for pre-season testing in 2001, they tried to decieve everyone by running an underweight AP04. Of course, it was exposed as the usual crapbox come Melbourne, though strangly reliable, if I remember correctly, with the Ferrari package (when Burti wasn't busy destroying chassis!)[/quote]

Well, Alesi did finish every race bar Japan, when Räikkönen took him out.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tommykl wrote:
East Londoner wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

And then, for pre-season testing in 2001, they tried to decieve everyone by running an underweight AP04. Of course, it was exposed as the usual crapbox come Melbourne, though strangly reliable, if I remember correctly, with the Ferrari package (when Burti wasn't busy destroying chassis!)

Well, Alesi did finish every race bar Japan, when Räikkönen took him out.

But by then, Alesi was long gone from the Prost team.
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 21 Dec 2011, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

He was indeed not driving for Prost at the time of his season's only retirement, but for Jordan. That was a massive brainfade.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

tommykl wrote:He was indeed not driving for Prost at the time of his season's only retirement, but for Jordan. That was a massive brainfade.

Stick to the 50's mate, it's what your best at :D
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

AdrianSutil wrote:
tommykl wrote:He was indeed not driving for Prost at the time of his season's only retirement, but for Jordan. That was a massive brainfade.

Stick to the 50's mate, it's what your best at :D

Shut up, you :D

Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

The fact that the car was so reliable has allowed Jean to perform remarkably well in a number of alternative championships :P
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I have the season review on DVD and I've watched that race so many times the DVD has start to skip!!
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Inspired by a mention of it in a post from the HWNSNBM Facts topic, here's a real-life video of the awesome Suzuki Escudo Pike's Peak :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32wAYLIDglo

How close to an insta-death drop does that driver go?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

madmark1974 wrote:Inspired by a mention of it in a post from the HWNSNBM Facts topic, here's a real-life video of the awesome Suzuki Escudo Pike's Peak :

With the Pike's Peak course now being paved completely thanks to the environmentalists (Go Home, Sierra Club!), I fear that it'd never be as insanely epic as that.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
madmark1974 wrote:Inspired by a mention of it in a post from the HWNSNBM Facts topic, here's a real-life video of the awesome Suzuki Escudo Pike's Peak :

With the Pike's Peak course now being paved completely thanks to the environmentalists (Go Home, Sierra Club!), I fear that it'd never be as insanely epic as that.

That is indeed one crazy car and driver! But seriously, how can laying down a layer of tar be seen as environmentally friendly? It is pretty nasty stuff and can interfere with water drainage etc...
MCard LOLA