Singapore's Conspiracy Theory - Briatore/Symonds leave

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
rffp

Singapore's Conspiracy Theory - Briatore/Symonds leave

Post by rffp »

During the broadcast of the Belgian GP here in Brazil, the following newsflash was thrown at us:
"FIA is investigating Renault for allegedly making Piquet Jr hit the wall and causing the yellow flag that catapulted Alonso to the lead."
Even with Flav involved, I find it hard to believe, although the guy who told that news, Mr. Reginaldo Leme, is a serious guy.
Has anyone heard anything about this?
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
lostpin

Re: Singapore's Conspiracy Theory

Post by lostpin »

Eitherway, if it's true, or if it's not true too, it's surely pathetic... :lol:
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

It makes sense, though I doubt it as Piquet would have blown the whistle on them if it was true, and he may have threatened to do this and use those threats to keep his Renault drive. I've heard nothing about it, I strongly doubt anything will happen.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

First I've heard of it too. And even if it's legitmate, there's no way Piquet's accident guaranteed a good result for Renault, much less a win. There were simply too many other factors in play, like Ferrari screwing up Massa's stop (and, by virtue of that, the stop of the waiting Raikkonen) and Hamilton's consistet pace for third.

If Renault deliberately made Piquet crash - and I don't see how they could have done that; it would have been far easier to have him stop on the circuit in a bad place and claim mechanical failure - they should be penalised. Harshly. There's no excuse for messing about with safety like that, and if it's true, hopefully it will mean Briatore's head.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
XurizManson

Post by XurizManson »

Yeah! The 'FlavioGate' is ON!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

This rumour is as stupid as a fridge in Alaska, plain and simple. Why Piquet would have been that stupid?
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Guys... we are talking about an almost a year old thing...
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

To rugby union fans, doesn't this have parallels with what happened with Harlequins where a player faked an injury to help his team???
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Here's a link to the story on the Autosport website: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78195
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

*Conspiracy theorists, please stand up!*

If Renault were to be found guilty (quite unlikely, as Piquet has an obvious bias against them), then I hope Ferrari protest as well, as from the Safety Car that Piquet caused, Massa lost the championship in the pits :lol:
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Libertango

Post by Libertango »

"fresh evidence" ? I'm 99% sure Nelson Jr is behind this! :lol:
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

This is Flab Flav at his finest.. :mrgreen:
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Debaser wrote:To rugby union fans, doesn't this have parallels with what happened with Harlequins where a player faked an injury to help his team???

Yes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjuWyKVH3aM - And we all know what happened to Dean Richards...

But I do think that was much more obvious than this. Also, Piquet was crap, as this forum has established many times over, so I don't think conspiracy theories need to be established to discover why he crashed.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

If Renault are DQ'ed the result would be as follows:

Rosberg
Hamilton
Glock
Vettel
Heidfeld
Coulthard
Nakajima
Button
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Massa left the pits with his fuel hose on because of Ferrari's weird malfunctioning semi-automatic pit release system. I don't see what that had anything to do with this.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

I ask for Piquet to get Reject of the Year.

He's been crappy all season, not scored a single point, fired from the team and now he comes with this (because this has appeared on Brazilian TV, I'm sure this is coming from him).
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
JDOD

Post by JDOD »

The FIA are investigating so its being taken seriously anyway.
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21777.html
Apparently there may actually be some supporting evidence.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

WeirdKerr wrote:If Renault are DQ'ed the result would be as follows...

I might be wrong, but I'm sure I've read that race results can't be altered this long after the race. I think there's a cut-off for any appeals or penalties around the end of November of the same calendar year as the race. I'm trying to find the link, but struggling!

jackanderton wrote:Massa left the pits with his fuel hose on because of Ferrari's weird malfunctioning semi-automatic pit release system. I don't see what that had anything to do with this.

Sorry to ruin a good prejudice, but Ferrari's lights system was nothing to do with Massa leaving the pits early. As a result of the confusion in the pitlane during the stop, the system was being operated in full manual mode. It was a human being (the chief mechanic, I think) who gave the signal for the green light.

Ferrim wrote:I ask for Piquet to get Reject of the Year.

He's been crappy all season, not scored a single point, fired from the team and now he comes with this (because this has appeared on Brazilian TV, I'm sure this is coming from him).

The reports I've read suggest that the information came from Felipe Massa, not Piquet. There is an article (in Portuguese) which talks about a conversation between Massa and Flaio Briatore here:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/ ... IATOR.html

If it really is true, then I would have expected this to have featured heavily in Piquet's whinge after being fired. It seems that the FIA really are out to hurt Renault and Briatore.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I have no sympathy for Renault in this. Reminds me of when they were Benetton, in 1994, when they cheated their way to the title. Not just because of Adelaidegate, but because of the illegal launch/traction control software and removing the fuel filters, which probably caused Verstappen's monstorous fire at Hockenheim. That was dangerous. Just like Alonso's wheel coming off. I actually hope they are found guilty. I don't like the way Renault is managed at all.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
minrdi

Post by minrdi »

The source has got to be Nelsinho, and it's a damning allegation that F1 just simply doesn't need right now. This is terrible PR for the Renault brand (even if the allegation prove unfounded).

"Hell hath no fear like a scorned F1 driver", it appears. Remember that it was Alonso who opened the book with "fresh evidence" against McLaren in the SpyGate fiasco, with the catalyst no doubt being the perceived favourable treatment of Hamilton.

Many websites (including F1 Rejects) commented that the timing of Piquet's crash appeared particularly convenient to assist Alonso's strategy and vault him up the order, but no investigation was done by the FIA or WMSC following the race. Given the results are nearly a year old and surely past the cut-off date for any appeal, they can't re-open the book once again on this. Even if DQ'd, it doesn't alter the driver's championship reckoning - in fact, Hamilton would have won by a larger margin as he was the only contender who finished in the top-eight. It would bring the sport into complete ridicule if this was looked into much further, and Piquet's reputation as a complete dickhead would be cemented in history, and he would deservedly never grace the F1 circus again.
"The advantage of jumping the start is that you can get away a lot quicker." - Murray Walker

Editor, Richard's F1
Visit my F1 website at http://richardsf1.com
Exclusive news, reviews and interviews for F1, IndyCar, V8 Supercars and the WTCC
rffp

Post by rffp »

Phoenix wrote:This rumour is as stupid as a fridge in Alaska, plain and simple. Why Piquet would have been that stupid?

I did experience 30 Celsius in Fairbanks...
So maybe Piquet was stupid, or something else!
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

For all we know, Kimi Raikkonen started this. Desperate to keep his seat at Ferrari, he leaked a story abut Renault supposedly cheating to make Ferrari lose faith in him and thus ave the way for Raikkonen to spend another year with Maranello.

Of course, that assumes a lot, like Alonso-to-Ferrari being as real and serious a deal as everyone is making out.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Captain Hammer wrote:Of course, that assumes a lot, like Alonso-to-Ferrari being as real and serious a deal as everyone is making out.

I also wonder about this being as "said done" as the press leads us to believe...
XurizManson

Post by XurizManson »

Ferrim wrote:I ask for Piquet to get Reject of the Year.

It´s the pinnacle of Piquet´s (Senior included) deserved rejectdom. Surely has my vote for ROTY.

Down with Flab Flav! He is ruining the sport for years and shall be banned!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Where is the publicocrap-o-meter? Bring it on, because this rumour sounds just like Schumi's return for Valencia: all this is meant to do for F1 is to stay in the media and sell tickets for Singapore.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

This is boring. The FIA is boring. The people behind this are boring.

Can we move on now?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
alejandro

Renault under investigation - Proof of Renault inocence

Post by alejandro »

The FIA is investigating Renault because of accusations mentioning Piquet Jr. crashing under team orders in Singapore 2008 in order to benefit team mate Fernando Alonso.

This is the proof the accusation's wrong: If you tell Nelsinho to go and buy milk, he'll return with a bottle of Coca Cola, if he returns, of course.

Second proof: If Nelsinho is told to crash, he would go and win the race from start to finish.

I don't believe Renault would order such a thing as "Go, crash and spread debris all over the place". It's a big multinational and there's absolutely no traces in Briatore's career of such a behaviour, and in Singapore 2008 he wasn't with Naomi Campbell anymore, being her the only person in the Renault environment with a taste at throwing things.

We, as fans, need to know why was this started ASAP. This is a new application of the "Big Lie" technique used so many times by Hitler and Goebbels and should be forcefully sanctioned by the FIA.

As we remember, Piquet's accident was not the only circumstance that brought Alonso a win in Singapore, if the FIA investigates Renault then Rosberg, Kubica and Massa's mechanics should be investigated as well.

Years ago there was an F1 car which used a giant fan to stick itself to the ground, throwing all the garbage it picked up to other drivers, so it was banned. Name of that car's driver? You guess.

Clue: It's the same guy who started all this while interviewed by the Brazilian press.

And, whatever happens in this investigation, from now on we can positively insult someone by calling him "Piquet" in two sizes: Junior or Senior.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Renault under investigation - Proof of Renault inocence

Post by shinji »

Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
hclw

Post by hclw »

lucas di grassi, renault's sub driver for this year and last, put this up on his twitter a couple of days ago:

"Many surprises in the next week! Today was a long day for me and Renault"

I really like twitter for mad conspiracy theories. The 140 character limitation prevents anything other than a hint being given, leaving the rest up to my over active imagination. My wildly overactive imagination is telling me that a) Renault are in meltdown with Flavio losing his mind and running around the factory wearing just his thong!!!! and b) Alonso has agreed an immediate deal with Ferrari after seeing Flavio rip his thong off and dance naked n the wind tunnel!!!!

but in all seriousness, lets wait and see what the evidence was that prompted the investigation. There must be a bit of evidence or the FIA wouldn't have started looking into it. What that evidence is, we don't know. Was it just Piquet moaning like an old woman or is there something more concrete.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Piquet was not a Brabham driver in 1978......
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I think Alonso replacing Massa just got more realistic after Massa's doctors said he can't race this year.
Which is just as well for Alonso, because there may well be no more team soon enough.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

[quote="alejandro"]
Years ago there was an F1 car which used a giant fan to stick itself to the ground, throwing all the garbage it picked up to other drivers, so it was banned. Name of that car's driver? You guess.

Clue: It's the same guy who started all this while interviewed by the Brazilian press.
/quote]

Lauda and Watson were interwieved by the brazilian press?
(watching the 1978 F1 season review and goddammit was the Fancar ugly)
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Piquet Sr. got the Brabham drive in 1979, and the BT46 was not anymore.

And this accusations are irrelevant. If someone tells you to crash against a concrete barrier at 200 km/h, would you be idiot enough to do it?
TeamTipper

Post by TeamTipper »

Piquet jr is old enough to know what is right and wrong. Even if renault told him to crash would u? Its stupid. he could of scored points and Alonso might of still won. A waste of time to invested.
Mechanical Engineering Student
Bias view of F1
Forti F1 Fan
TeamTipper for 2011 entry lol
HWSNBM as my No.1 driver
Formula One Rejects as my main sponsor
hclw

Post by hclw »

Phoenix wrote:
If someone tells you to crash against a concrete barrier at 200 km/h, would you be idiot enough to do it?

this line inspired me to do a photoshop

Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

kostas22 wrote:I think Alonso replacing Massa just got more realistic after Massa's doctors said he can't race this year.

Alonso has said it's impossible to race for Ferrari this year.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

If this is coming from Nelson Piqeut Jr and it turns out to be complete nonsense and NPJ just throwing his toys out the pram then I hope he get's banned from getting an FIA license. Alonso won due to lots of circumstances, all of which went in his favour, are you telling me the Renault bribed the Ferrari chief mechanic to let Massa go early?

Nelson Piqeut Jr wasn't know for being able to keep the car on the track, he nearly had as many spins as Ukyou Katayama and saw as nearly as much gravel as Jos Verstappen did. So him losing it in Singapore isn't really a surprise.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

SuperAguri wrote:Nelson Piqeut Jr wasn't know for being able to keep the car on the track, he nearly had as many spins as Ukyou Katayama and saw as nearly as much gravel as Jos Verstappen did. So him losing it in Singapore isn't really a surprise.

Exactly. This just remind me of China, this year. He just could not keep it on the dark stuff!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Surely all Flav would have had to do was just announce on the radio to Piquet that he was doing well and to keep pushing. There was no need to demand a crash.
muttley

Post by muttley »

alejandro wrote:Years ago there was an F1 car which used a giant fan to stick itself to the ground, throwing all the garbage it picked up to other drivers, so it was banned. Name of that car's driver? You guess.

Piquet started driving for Brabham midway through the season, hence he never drove the BT46B fan car, which was used for one race only:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_Formula_One_season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_Swedish_Grand_Prix

You can't give clues when you're clueless :twisted: