Capricorn 1

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Phoenix

Re: Capricorn 1

Post by Phoenix »

dr-baker wrote:I saw this in Autosport recently...
...and it got me wondering.

Capricorn advertising? Bernie providing them with a quote?

Yet a team called Connew, i.e. Con-New/New Con? Was there a subliminal message there that there were a few people in the early 1970s who knew of the Capricorn project, and believed it to be a big con? And did Bernie provide that quotation to draw attention to the fact that the team would only ever be short-lived? And did those in charge ensure that they were chronically underfunded, to stop them from spreading the message of Capricorn too far and widely?

Actually, they were innocent all along. They even tried to explain their Capricorn logos around the car were those of an actual real-life business which sponsored their driver François Migault. However, the powers-that-be decided that they were better off safe than sorry and paid a substantial amount of money to the team to withdraw from the Championship, never to turn up again since Peter Connew and company preferred to invest the money on undisclosed affairs. It is said that they actually became collaborators of the Capricorn project, Connew actually utilizing his abilities as a draughtsman to pen many of the cars used in the Championship. It's rumored many of Adrian Newey's designs are actually his. However, it seems it's too dangerous to try and uncover those facts, and hence they remain a mystery.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Do you have the full article on the Connew team?
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Phoenix wrote:

Yet a team called Connew, i.e. Con-New/New Con? Was there a subliminal message there that there were a few people in the early 1970s who knew of the Capricorn project, and believed it to be a big con? And did Bernie provide that quotation to draw attention to the fact that the team would only ever be short-lived? And did those in charge ensure that they were chronically underfunded, to stop them from spreading the message of Capricorn too far and widely?

Actually, they were innocent all along. They even tried to explain their Capricorn logos around the car were those of an actual real-life business which sponsored their driver François Migault. However, the powers-that-be decided that they were better off safe than sorry and paid a substantial amount of money to the team to withdraw from the Championship, never to turn up again since Peter Connew and company preferred to invest the money on undisclosed affairs. It is said that they actually became collaborators of the Capricorn project, Connew actually utilizing his abilities as a draughtsman to pen many of the cars used in the Championship. It's rumored many of Adrian Newey's designs are actually his. However, it seems it's too dangerous to try and uncover those facts, and hence they remain a mystery.

I'm trying to figure out where Alex Wurz fits into this....
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pi314159 wrote:Do you have the full article on the Connew team?

I think this will have even more info than the Connew article.

http://www.axos.nl/retrorace/temp/The%2 ... 0Story.htm
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

That was a cracking read. It also hammers home exactly how insanely delusional Don Pentecost is if he thinks he can do the same kind of DIY job 40 years later and win with it...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dinizintheoven wrote:That was a cracking read. It also hammers home exactly how insanely delusional Don Pentecost is if he thinks he can do the same kind of DIY job 40 years later and win with it...

Don wil race that very Connew ("slightly" adapted to current regulations) and win with it!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

This wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:That was a cracking read. It also hammers home exactly how insanely delusional Don Pentecost is if he thinks he can do the same kind of DIY job 40 years later and win with it...

Don wil race that very Connew ("slightly" adapted to current regulations) and win with it!

Might be. Peter Connew can use his power within the Capricorn organisation to make it happen. With Alex Wurz as the team's second driver.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

You mean the rest of the page above? Yes, but it makes no mention of the Capricorn 1 project, which is so blatently being advertised on the car, that I didn't think it was worth reproducing! However, if you want it, I could email it to you by the end of the week? ;) :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I've looked up François Migault on Forix, and it seems he's eligible for a profile here. His career went on beyond that Connew race - that alone (with all the extra info provided in the article we've just seen) should secure it, but in his other 15 F1 races he never scored a point - and wouldn't even have done so under the current regulations. And he didn't die on the track (it was cancer, so the All-Knowing Oracle tells me), so there's no need to avoid mentioning him for that reason.

Who's going to give it a go?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

dinizintheoven wrote:I've looked up François Migault on Forix, and it seems he's eligible for a profile here. His career went on beyond that Connew race - that alone (with all the extra info provided in the article we've just seen) should secure it, but in his other 15 F1 races he never scored a point - and wouldn't even have done so under the current regulations. And he didn't die on the track (it was cancer, so the All-Knowing Oracle tells me), so there's no need to avoid mentioning him for that reason.

Who's going to give it a go?

I tried to write an article about the Connew team some months ago, but I wasn't pleased with it and I stopped working on it.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

WeirdKerr wrote: I'm trying to figure out where Alex Wurz fits into this....

So have I.
I have analysed the original photo for quite some time. On the surface it looks perfectly normal and untampered with:

However..

I went about connecting a recursive algorithm to the graphical center of the photograph, and I noticed an irregularity
hidden within the isopalavial interface.

Which revealed this:

Curious about my discovery, and wanting to find out the identity of the shadow, I added a firomactal drive to
my photographic program, and ended up with this:

-*:-
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:Curious about my discovery, and wanting to find out the identity of the shadow, I added a firomactal drive to
my photographic program, and ended up with this:

So Capricorn is Wurz's New Con? It just keeps getting Wurz and Wurz...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I did have to ask lol... :roll: :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:

You mean the rest of the page above? Yes, but it makes no mention of the Capricorn 1 project, which is so blatently being advertised on the car, that I didn't think it was worth reproducing! However, if you want it, I could email it to you by the end of the week? ;) :lol:

Here it is, in the JDD forum.
MCard LOLA
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

dr-baker wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Here it is, in the JDD forum.

Thank you for posting it.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

SáT wrote:Well, the programme of simulated car races in fact started in 1942, when Hitler commissioned number of projects of entertainment in order to avert the subdued people's attention away from wartime suffering &c. One of these projects was auto racing, but the war effort prevented Germany from making real races; so a top secret project was called forth to create these simulated races. Top German scientists, including Fritz Fend, Wernher von Braun and Dr Merkwürdigliebe worked on the project that utilized 1:12 scale model cars and an early form of artificial intelligence (which was eventually re-used in the Nazi space programme, in the third Mars voyage, in 1944), and they reached considerable successes until the end of the war, running at least three races.

After the end of the war, the plan & the assets were picked up by the US (along with the Nazi space programme), who used it to create Nascar in 47. In Europe, the concept was kept alive by Jean-Marie Balestre (a former member of the French SS, in which capacity he witnessed one of the races) and the Mosley family (there's proof that Oswald Mosley knew about the project and lobbied vehemently to have an AI driver designated as British). The FISA-FOCA war was actually about the ownership of the remaining Nazi artefacts. At this time 2-3 of the races in the F1 were but simulations every season; when a driver attempted to speak up, he was promptly assassinated (or but "warned", like Niki Lauda), and his death was staged as a "race accident" in one of the simulated races.

Currently, since 2001, all races are simulated, and half of the drivers are nothing but simulations. the first fully functional AI driver without a human actor posing as him was Lewis Hamilton, he's entirely a hologram. As for Hermann Tilke: he's not a person, but merely a front for a committee of scientists who design and run the simulated races.

It was leaked out in the spring of 1994, by F1 drivers, that's when I got to know about it. It was a staged coup of sorts, led by Ayrton Senna, though obviously he was just a figurehead, it was in reality the work of China. Since that, however, China apparently came to an agreement with Mosley & Ecclestone, and now they sort of run the show together, as evidenced by the rise of "racing" there.

Yeah, I heard about this. Dunno, though, maybe it was another power struggle all along. Personally, I think that the MS affaire was the work of the DESEFER, a German secret society, as they tried to topple Mosley & Ecclestone.

http://www.newser.com/story/63506/formu ... iency.html
Hitler "could command a lot of people" and was "able to get things done," Bernie Ecclestone tells the Times of London.

:?
BE was nine years old when WW2 broke out. Was he actually there on the scene? Is it possible he was acting as a sort of jugend wunderkid advisor to the Fuhrer from the very beginning?
He certainly seems to know and fondly remember a lot about the man.
Oh, and was it just a coincidence that BE made this remark to the media in the month of July?
The very month that the Potsdam Declaration statement was made, 64 years earlier? I think not.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Jocke1 wrote:BE was nine years old when WW2 broke out.

And he's still the same height now.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

SáT wrote: Here is a photo of one of the model cars:

Notice how remarkably similar it is to a modern F1 car.

I was looking through some old Autosports recently (as some of my recent posts have made clearly obvious). And from the 1st January 1998 issue they had the following photo:

This photo and the one that SáT posted three or four years ago look remarkably similar in style. Autosport cryptically did not give any more information other than what I scanned in above. It even genuinely had the line below "LIVE VIA SATELLITE" missing. They were definitely being coy about when and where the photo was taken, although the almost missing line of text to me reads like it might be from the Nurburgring? I definitely think that SáT was onto something with his theory, WHICH LONG PRE-DATES ALEX WURZ, JOKE1 !!!
MCard LOLA
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

dr-baker wrote:JOKE1

I think you miss a C there ;)
Also, that's a nice find there. :shock:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I hope I'm not the only one seeing the exclamation point and the skull? :?

!______________________________________________Image

a warning?

dr-baker wrote:And from the 1st January 1998 issue

Here is something else, also published in January of 1998:
http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/02/12/the- ... ass-of-97/

It mentions that Wurz has
friends in high places

:shock:

Read from the 12th paragraph onwards...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Jocke1 wrote:Here is something else, also published in January of 1998:
http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/02/12/the- ... ass-of-97/

It mentions that Wurz has
friends in high places

:shock:

Read from the 12th paragraph onwards...

Sorry,but the shortened-off url is just too funny. :lol:

Continue with your contrived conspiracies as you were.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

The old threads are the best ;)
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Ross Prawn wrote:The old threads are the best ;)

They are good. Some of the newer threads are good, but most aren't.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:
Ross Prawn wrote:The old threads are the best ;)

They are good. Some of the newer threads are good, but most aren't.

Agreed. And I don't like it when some old threads are 'bumped' and some of the subsequant posts are not in keeping with the original flow of the thread. However, the photo I scanned in above, I just couldn't believe the similarity and HAD to share it. But what the skull has to do with anything, I have no idea. :?
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:

It turns out that Capricorn is a real company. They are playing a long game however. They had connections to an F1 team many decades ago, before most of us on here were born. But now Capricorn are trying again to transfer this electronic/virtual version of F1 into a physical reality by buying a racetrack located in the middle of a mountain range, where it is difficult to reach easily, so they can test their new generation of cars in private. No pictures of these cars have been released yet as they are thought to be hideous to look at and unreliable, but are thought to be revolutionary in their power trains - almost futuristic in their design.

"Autosport or it didn't happen," right? Capricorn have bought the Nurburgring for 100 million euro... "A medium-sized business that has roots in motor sport." It all seems to fit in to this conspiracy rather nicely, don't you think, Jocke1? No Alex Wurz anywhere! And Autosport have confirmed this conspiracy twice now. None to prove the Wurz conspiracy. So :P .
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Massive delving into the depths of the history of this forum, but I had the urge to add this here...

MCard LOLA
Pacific Edge

Post by Pacific Edge »

A lot of this would explain Raikonnen, as he is an AI and they haven't really got round to programming him with a complete personality yet, it's why he talks like an NPC
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I wonder if sometimes regular people like us get isekai'd into this AI world.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:I wonder if sometimes regular people like us get isekai'd into this AI world.

I had to rely on Google to understand this, but that is an interesting concept. I still dream of being transported to Narnia some day, knowing that there is often a means of return again, but this world of Capricorn 1 would suffice as well.
MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Imagine the poor men and women who have been transported into early 2000s sports games and have become flat cardboard cut-outs of people endlessly standing up and sitting down, lifting their arms and lowering their arms. Forever.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

Rob Dylan wrote:Imagine the poor men and women who have been transported into early 2000s sports games and have become flat cardboard cut-outs of people endlessly standing up and sitting down, lifting their arms and lowering their arms. Forever.

They might not even get the ability to move depending on the hardware and software they're placed in. They could be frozen. Forever.
Even grimmer, imagine what it must be like for them when a program is closed after a race is run. You're banished to ROM, seemingly forever, a state that must be a true nothingness or at the very least, Purgatorial. This seems to go on forever, only for you to return to RAM when it is loaded up again. Either way, you have no escape.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:. This seems to go on forever, only for you to return to RAM when it is loaded up again. Either way, you have no escape.

RAM? Like this, with no chance of escaping rejection?
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Frogfoot9013 wrote:. This seems to go on forever, only for you to return to RAM when it is loaded up again. Either way, you have no escape.

Sounds like Re:Zero

If you thought truck-kun wasn't somehow involved in all of this you were naive.
BJ McLeod

Post by BJ McLeod »

So the video for We've Got To Try is actually a documentary?

Huge if true
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote: 05 Mar 2013, 18:05 I saw this in Autosport recently...

Is this proof that George Lucas of Star Wars fame was connected with this "conspiracy", with overlap between the movies and the sport to further develop CGI?
MCard LOLA
Forti
Location: The Pacific time zone, the most rejectful time zone of them all

Post by Forti »

It is said that they actually became collaborators of the Capricorn project, Connew actually utilizing his abilities as a draughtsman to pen many of the cars used in the Championship. It's rumored many of Adrian Newey's designs are actually his. However, it seems it's too dangerous to try and uncover those facts, and hence they remain a mystery.
Is this proof that George Lucas of Star Wars fame was connected with this "conspiracy", with overlap between the movies and the sport to further develop CGI?
:idea:

It's all coming together now.
Red Bull promoted Lucas' Revenge of the Sith in 2005 in exchange for Connew designs.
However, when Red Bull pawned off the designs to a team that had done nothing to deserve access to the precious Connew designs in Toro Rosso, Capricorn did whatever it could to punish the Faenza squad and its parent team.

Toro Rosso's horrible 2009? Buemi's wheels? Turkey 2010? Multi 21? Red Bull's fall from grace in 2014? Their split from Renault? Baku 2018? Honda leaving? All their budget cap shenanigans?

Yep, Capricorn did it.

The 2007 Red Bull "faces" livery was actually a glitch in the simulation software that was conveniently covered up as a one-off livery.
Aislabie wrote: Oh that's another thing, if you hang around with us it will completely reshape your perception of Mario as a character.
It would be funny if FortiWinks returned from his absence only to find out that I'm the Forti in town now.