F1RWRS -- 2014 Season

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1RWRS -- 2014 - Onwards

Post by Aerond »

AndreaModa wrote:He can't pick anything from it, and he only has it to post on the wiki page that has already been linked to further up this page. The list will be available to view by everyone prior to the market actually opening, so everyone will have a chance to plan their choices and options before the market actually opens.

So I wouldn't worry, there's very little advantage he can gain from seeing it now.

EDIT: Also, a question about credits from me Aerond, that is, do I count Melrose's credits from his finishing position, and the ROTRs he won towards my total, even though he won't drive for the team in 2015? Secondly, am I correct in assuming the F2RWRS payments are split in two? So for me running Vantini who finished second last season, I get 125 credits which are split into 63 paid now, and a further 62 paid after the 8th race? Sorry for asking, the wording of the rule on the wiki is a bit odd that's all!

Yes, he drove for Jones so credits should be counted towards Jones total. As for the 2nd question, my thought was that F2RWRS credits would be awarded first between market closure and first race, and then the rest paid after the 8th race.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie, I know the list is not complete, but the new price for the Brabham BT55 is 800 and not 700 (as I announced a few months ago, there would be some price modifications on some items)
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Aerond wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:He can't pick anything from it, and he only has it to post on the wiki page that has already been linked to further up this page. The list will be available to view by everyone prior to the market actually opening, so everyone will have a chance to plan their choices and options before the market actually opens.

So I wouldn't worry, there's very little advantage he can gain from seeing it now.

EDIT: Also, a question about credits from me Aerond, that is, do I count Melrose's credits from his finishing position, and the ROTRs he won towards my total, even though he won't drive for the team in 2015? Secondly, am I correct in assuming the F2RWRS payments are split in two? So for me running Vantini who finished second last season, I get 125 credits which are split into 63 paid now, and a further 62 paid after the 8th race? Sorry for asking, the wording of the rule on the wiki is a bit odd that's all!

Yes, he drove for Jones so credits should be counted towards Jones total. As for the 2nd question, my thought was that F2RWRS credits would be awarded first between market closure and first race, and then the rest paid after the 8th race.

I see, not that it matters for me as I'm not going to be in the market anyway, but if I were, I wouldn't be able to count the F2RWRS driver credits towards my total. That's interesting because that means they surely don't affect the 1000 credit budget cap then?

If I've got my calculations correct, before the first race of the year, I should have 798 credits for Jones, with a further 62 paid after the 8th race, broken down as follows:
Team finishing position: 5th = 100 credits
Drivers finishing positions: 6th (Melrose) = 90 credits, 8th (Jones) = 70 credits
ROTR awards: Team x1 = 10 credits, Melrose x2 = 20 credits, Jones x1 = 10 credits
TV Money: 5th = 200 credits
F2RWRS driver: Vantini 2nd = 63 credits, second payment of 62 credits after 8th race.

Probably wrong, but at least this gives an example for other team owners to work theirs out! :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Noooooooo, how can the Portugese GP go an be replaced with the A1 Ring? And Japan should be the last race of the season and Brazil should be nearer the start of the season.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I quite like the calendar, it sounds great. I'd move the Adelaide race at the end of the calendar and make the USGP in Laguna Seca (since we appear to timetravel with the early 90s Imola track).
Regarding the chassis and engine list, any day past Saturday would be fine.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:I quite like the calendar, it sounds great. I'd move the Adelaide race at the end of the calendar and make the USGP in Laguna Seca (since we appear to timetravel with the early 90s Imola track).
Regarding the chassis and engine list, any day past Saturday would be fine.

Nah, they've already pretty much rebuilt the track to the old configuration.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
Aerond wrote:
That´s fine with me (I was going to ask for a double check from either you or Andreamoda anyway)

While you're still online, I have a quick question. Will each chassis still have a maximum power limit like in previous years?

Yes, I already sent you the chassis // engine list.

I know but ALL the maximum power limits are missing from the spreadsheet :|
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:
Aerond wrote:

I see, not that it matters for me as I'm not going to be in the market anyway, but if I were, I wouldn't be able to count the F2RWRS driver credits towards my total. That's interesting because that means they surely don't affect the 1000 credit budget cap then?

If I've got my calculations correct, before the first race of the year, I should have 798 credits for Jones, with a further 62 paid after the 8th race, broken down as follows:
Team finishing position: 5th = 100 credits
Drivers finishing positions: 6th (Melrose) = 90 credits, 8th (Jones) = 70 credits
ROTR awards: Team x1 = 10 credits, Melrose x2 = 20 credits, Jones x1 = 10 credits
TV Money: 5th = 200 credits
F2RWRS driver: Vantini 2nd = 63 credits, second payment of 62 credits after 8th race.

Probably wrong, but at least this gives an example for other team owners to work theirs out! :)

From memory, Aerond and I finally came to an agreement concerning the F2RWRS prize money system but I for the life of me cannot remember what we agreed to. :lol:

All I know is that it isn't 125 anymore but I believe aerond would have a better idea about what the amount is than I do but, for all I know, I could be completely wrong. :lol:

Other than that, all your calculations are virtually spot on EXCEPT all teams get an extra 32 credits in TV money due to the demise of GRM and Acuri.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Wizzie: So for if a team quits F1RWRS, all teams get extra 16 credits per a team quitting, to the telly money? :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

FMecha wrote:Wizzie: So for if a team quits F1RWRS, all teams get extra 16 credits per a team quitting, to the telly money? :?

No, the TV money they would have earned is split evenly between the remaining teams.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I have said this before but could someone please change the name of the Tasman GP. Adelaide is nowhere near Tasmania. Tradition is no excuse to make yourselver look like complete idiots. :roll:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Attention to All Team Owners

The engine and chassis list for 2015 is now complete. All teams should refer to this list when making the decision for a 2015 car using the following link. Any teams that do not comply within the next few weeks will make me very angry and I will write you a letter telling you how angry I am :lol:
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:Attention to All Team Owners

The engine and chassis list for 2015 is now complete. All teams should refer to this list when making the decision for a 2015 car using the following link. Any teams that do not comply within the next few weeks will make me very angry and I will write you a letter telling you how angry I am :lol:

To be honest I am expecting another E-Mail regarding the consultancy firm.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

LET THAT LOLA T97 BURN! :twisted:

Seriously, if there was an opportunity in GP2 just to see that burn, I'd pay for that! :lol:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
the Masked Lapwing

Shizuka wrote:LET THAT LOLA T97 BURN! :twisted:

Seriously, if there was an opportunity in GP2 just to see that burn, I'd pay for that! :lol:

Frank Zimmer would gladly hand you some matches :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Frank Zimmer would gladly hand you some matches :lol:

Deal! :evil:

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Attention to All Team Owners

To be honest I am expecting another E-Mail regarding the consultancy firm.

I'll get back to you on that once I can actually analyse this list properly tomorrow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I guess the important question now is; who will be selling their chassis?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I'm burning my Lola T97, so I really recommend taking that off the list.

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Hey! Where are the maximum power capacities? Without those, all mental calculations will become hard.
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Dofasco Racing decides to put on the sale of his car (Lola T93) and engine (Ford DFZ).
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

The Lukas wrote:Dofasco Racing decides to put on the sale of his car (Lola T93) and engine (Ford DFZ).

You can't sell anything yet. The list is there for informative reasons only. I will publish when the market is ready to go.

Then, i will send wizzie the missing info on max power capacity asap.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerond wrote:
The Lukas wrote:Dofasco Racing decides to put on the sale of his car (Lola T93) and engine (Ford DFZ).

You can't sell anything yet. The list is there for informative reasons only. I will publish when the market is ready to go.

If I were to sell my chassis, I'd get 175 credits, right? And, do we sell directly to other teams, or we just get the money and the chassis becomes available on the market?

Image Image
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

I've got a fair idea of what engine/chassis I'd like (just hoping that it isn't gone by the time I get to choose). Also, I'm guessing I forfeit the extra 200 credits for signing Macklin due to the fact I'm starting on the budget cap?

Wizzie, given that I have two of your drivers on my team, I'll be open to some advice on what engine/chassis to choose.
This is a cool spot.
RonDenisDeletraz

MinardiFan, your avatar is epic.

[/offtopic]

the Masked Lapwing

kostas22 wrote:
Aerond wrote:

If I were to sell my chassis, I'd get 175 credits, right? And, do we sell directly to other teams, or we just get the money and the chassis becomes available on the market?

You can negotiate deals for a chassis sale with other teams, it was how I got the Dallara from The Lukas for 2014. Otherwise you just get the half price sale.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
kostas22 wrote:If I were to sell my chassis, I'd get 175 credits, right? And, do we sell directly to other teams, or we just get the money and the chassis becomes available on the market?

You can negotiate deals for a chassis sale with other teams, it was how I got the Dallara from The Lukas for 2014. Otherwise you just get the half price sale.

I wonder if MRT are looking to offload their Brabham BT55s...hmmm...

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Right now, Aeroracing wants to sell their current engine to try and get something more powerful. Since I don't know how many credits do I have right now, I'll submit a list of four engines I'd like to purchase, in order of preference, should I have enough credits. If I can't afford any, I'll stick with my current engine:

1.- Isuzu P799
2.- Yamaha OX10A
3.- Peugeot A7
4.- Ilmor 2175A
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Could I negotiate a deal with another team via email to sell it at a lower price than the price listed on the chassis list but higher than half? (Eg. An engine is available for 300 credits, I want to sell it to a user for 250 credits instead of just handing it back for half the credits)
Trulli bad puns...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

kostas22 wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:
kostas22 wrote:If I were to sell my chassis, I'd get 175 credits, right? And, do we sell directly to other teams, or we just get the money and the chassis becomes available on the market?

I wonder if MRT are looking to offload their Brabham BT55s...hmmm...

Nah, we plan on hanging onto those for a while yet. In fact, the blueprints are locked away safely in an underground bunker in Geneva :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

MinardiFan95 wrote:I've got a fair idea of what engine/chassis I'd like (just hoping that it isn't gone by the time I get to choose). Also, I'm guessing I forfeit the extra 200 credits for signing Macklin due to the fact I'm starting on the budget cap?

Wizzie, given that I have two of your drivers on my team, I'll be open to some advice on what engine/chassis to choose.

I'll get back to you on that one tomorrow morning.

And you don't forfeit the credits. You just receive them after the market closes, not before. And from memory, it's not 200 credits anymore but I've just been too incompetent to actually bother changing it on the wiki. :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Phoenix wrote:Right now, Aeroracing wants to sell their current engine to try and get something more powerful. Since I don't know how many credits do I have right now, I'll submit a list of four engines I'd like to purchase, in order of preference, should I have enough credits. If I can't afford any, I'll stick with my current engine:

1.- Isuzu P799
2.- Yamaha OX10A
3.- Peugeot A7
4.- Ilmor 2175A

By my calculations, you should have just over 650 credits. Which, coupled with the 175 credits from selling the engine, will give you more than enough to get any one of those engines. However, it may mean you won't have enough to have a meaningful pre-season development program.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

And before I bugger off for the night, there are what I believe are the estimates of what each team's budget is for the start of 2015:

MRT: 1350
DGNgineering: 1350
Sunshine: 1232
Gillet: 807
Jones: 772
Kamaha: 662
Foxdale: 562
ArrowTech: 787*
HRT: 922
AeroRacing: 652
Prospec: 707
Boxtel: 632
Scuderia Alitalia: 662
Dofasco: 412
Kingfisher: 632
Mecha: 487
Shonan: 702
Tropico: 1000 (How the bathplug he managed that is beyond me :lol: )
Simpson: 1000
Autodynamics: 1000

*Subject to terms of merger agreements. Does not include proceeds from selling off excess engines and chassis.

Note that these are only unofficial estimates and, for all I know, I may be completely wrong.
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 18 Aug 2012, 00:47, edited 3 times in total.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Blowing so many credits on an engine is quite a gamble, but the Isuzu seems very powerful and, after all, if DGNgineering is interested on it, it must be good. I purchase it, because if I stuck to my current engine I believe I would have another season of treading water. The Stig will be kept so money can be injected to correct any deficiencies.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:Blowing so many credits on an engine is quite a gamble, but the Isuzu seems very powerful and, after all, if DGNgineering is interested on it, it must be good. I purchase it, because if I stuck to my current engine I believe I would have another season of treading water. The Stig will be kept so money can be injected to correct any deficiencies.

Showing your hand before the game begins is not the wisest strategy I think...

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

kostas22 wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Blowing so many credits on an engine is quite a gamble, but the Isuzu seems very powerful and, after all, if DGNgineering is interested on it, it must be good. I purchase it, because if I stuck to my current engine I believe I would have another season of treading water. The Stig will be kept so money can be injected to correct any deficiencies.

I just wanted to make sure I had stated my choice beforehand to make sure I am not left out of it when the process begins if I'm not fast enough.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

kostas22 wrote:

Please, I once played a hand of poker with an open hand... and won.
Trulli bad puns...
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Phoenix wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

I just wanted to make sure I had stated my choice beforehand to make sure I am not left out of it when the process begins if I'm not fast enough.

Phoenix, if the market opens and two people get in there before you, the fact that you've already stated which engine you want beforehand will count for nothing. Just saying.

One question (more a reminder) - what does the drivability column mean in real terms? Is a higher or lower value better?
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Warren Hughes wrote:One question (more a reminder) - what does the drivability column mean in real terms? Is a higher or lower value better?

It affects the Random Grip Number of your drivers, the higher number the better, 10 meaning your random grip number wont be affected at all.

In terms of carset, a high random grip number will mean your drivers will be more irregular between sessions. Right now, this number is calculated as it follows:

2200 - (number of starts x 10) + (each point below 10 x 100), so a driver with 50 race starts and a Drivability number of 5 would get 2200 of Random Grip. This may seem a lot (Klon, I'm looking at you), but it's the way we've been getting varied weekends while keeping more or less an established order.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Aerond wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:One question (more a reminder) - what does the drivability column mean in real terms? Is a higher or lower value better?

It affects the Random Grip Number of your drivers, the higher number the better, 10 meaning your random grip number wont be affected at all.

In terms of carset, a high random grip number will mean your drivers will be more irregular between sessions. Right now, this number is calculated as it follows:

2200 - (number of starts x 10) + (each point below 10 x 100), so a driver with 50 race starts and a Drivability number of 5 would get 2200 of Random Grip. This may seem a lot (Klon, I'm looking at you), but it's the way we've been getting varied weekends while keeping more or less an established order.

Thanks Aerond, that might be the most helpful answer to any question I've ever had about F1RWRS :)
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll: