F1RWRS -- 2014 Season

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
FMecha

Re: F1RWRS -- 2014 Season

Post by FMecha »

PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
TomWazzleshaw

Re: F1RWRS -- 2014 - Onwards

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:By the way; I have a new rule which I don´t think needs voting; as there´s a cap on top power, there should be a cap on low reliability to avoid any team buying all possible reliability and setting it at 0, making the car totally reliable. We should set a limit on this to 2000.

Sounds like a plan. MRT agree with this proposal. We need to have some artificial luck involved afterall :lol:

FMecha wrote:I will probably make no changes. :)

And who exactly made you a team owner again? :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Aerond wrote:By the way; I have a new rule which I don´t think needs voting; as there´s a cap on top power, there should be a cap on low reliability to avoid any team buying all possible reliability and setting it at 0, making the car totally reliable. We should set a limit on this to 2000.

That's a brilliant idea (though with these cars it would take about a bajillion credits to do so), and it needs to be about 3000 so that a couple of cars aren't bulletproof. I don't know how much difference the numbers make so you could probably make a better judgment about that.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I would like to see an inverse relationship between the bhp rating and the minimum reliability. For example a baseline limit of say 1500 and 100 points per 10bhp over 600bhp... :mrgreen:
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

SuperAguri wrote:I would like to see an inverse relationship between the bhp rating and the minimum reliability. For example a baseline limit of say 1500 and 100 points per 10bhp over 600bhp... :mrgreen:

But wouldn't that discourage upgrades? :? :roll:

And IMO we should continue talking this in F1RTA thread. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:

That's a brilliant idea (though with these cars it would take about a bajillion credits to do so), and it needs to be about 3000 so that a couple of cars aren't bulletproof. I don't know how much difference the numbers make so you could probably make a better judgment about that.

For future reference, my handy performance calculation program says 2000 = 89% reliability whilst 3000 = 80% reliability. Make of that what you will
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

For future reference, my handy performance calculation program says 2000 = 89% reliability whilst 3000 = 80% reliability. Make of that what you will

I don´t mind if it´s 2500 or 3000, either. That would be perfectly fine with me.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

2500-3000? Sounds good to me. MRT will accept this proposal on the basis that it'll improve the spectacle in the long-term. It'll also balance out the difference between the F1 and the F2 cars in some strange roundabout way. Eventually. :lol:
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Aerond wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

I don´t mind if it´s 2500 or 3000, either. That would be perfectly fine with me.

I personally think the reliability should be higher, just my opinion.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:
Aerond wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

I personally think the reliability should be higher, just my opinion.

In real terms, 3000 reliability points should equal about 3-4 retirements every year per car, in theory. In practice however, it's a whole different ballgame.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I say 1000 would make for an acceptable sum, that would mean two retirements all season. That is at current F1 levels, just enough to occasionally matter. I for my part would be more concerned with limiting reliabilty to the top because of how the system works, so I'd say we have not more than 16000 reliability.
Last edited by Klon on 21 Aug 2012, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Klon wrote:I say 1000 would make for an acceptable sum, that would mean two retirements all season. That is at current F1 levels, just enough to occasionally matter.

I don't see it, because if it's indeed only two retirements in practice, whatever team that enjoys such a level of reliability as well as a good engine can end up creaming the championship. 2500-3000 is about right.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'm happy with a reliability limit of 3000.

And just to re-iterate in case anyone doesn't yet know, Jones Racing will keep their existing chassis and engine, that being the Minardi M197 and Ford HBD VI.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Autodynamics would prefer the originally proposed reliability limit of 2000.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

How come no one has done a one word season review for the teams and drivers, like the podcast one word reviews. :D
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I would do it, but I prefer someone with a wider vocabulary than me.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

SuperAguri wrote:How come no one has done a one word season review for the teams and drivers, like the podcast one word reviews. :D

Stashed away in remotely located hard drives in Scotland and Portugal there are rumoured to be audio recordings of a mid-season one word F1RWRS review...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image