Listening to too many podcasts?

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
mclaren_jk

Listening to too many podcasts?

Post by mclaren_jk »

G'day chaps.
Walking my dog in the past fortnight, I have been listening to many past episodes of the podcast. It's a good way of passing the time, but I've now discovered it has had terrible effects on my psyche.
Last night, I dreamed that classic F1 reject Yuji Ide came to collect me from a party, as he was now working as a taxi driver in Cardiff. I was so pleased to see him that I picked him up and showed him to lots of people. He was so light that I could just whirl him round. I think I need to ease off on the podcast. And cheese.
noisebox

Re: Listening to too many podcasts?

Post by noisebox »

mclaren_jk wrote:G'day chaps.

Last night, I dreamed that classic F1 reject Yuji Ide came to collect me from a party, as he was now working as a taxi driver in Cardiff.

I bet he was late - did he arrive within 107% of the time you booked it?
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
mclaren_jk

Post by mclaren_jk »

Not bloody likely! I'm sure if my dream had continued and I'd put him down and got in the car, he'd have crashed at the first corner.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Listened to every podcast made up to that point in the space of a month and a half.

I OD'd on rejectdom.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

shinji wrote:Listened to every podcast made up to that point in the space of a month and a half.

I OD'd on rejectdom.

Oh, how I understand you.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
dresda

Post by dresda »

So its not just me then! That's good to know. I've been working my way through the past seasons while knitting in the evenings. I'm reaching the end of 2006. I can't listen to them on my lunch hour walks because there are too many people around and the might find it a little strange if I burst into gales of laughter as I stride my way down the path, so I save them for solitary moments when I just have dogs for company. They don't care if I seem a little odd ;)
'08 BMW F650GS (Jutta), '01 Suzuku DR650, '03 VW Golf TDI (Teddy)
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Listening to multiple podcasts?? For the love of Mike, don't!

That'll make it even more obvious than it already is that we recycle the same meh so-what gags podcast-in podcast-out... we will become even more unlistenable!! :shock:
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

This user has been listening since the first podcast of Hungary 200X. It's been a great journey.
My favourite feature series are GMIF1P, the "Reject Of the GP" award, Chinese F1 Idol (shouldn't we have USF1 Idol by the time the silly season comes around?) - and don't we all love Zsolt!

Thank you guys for all the work and fun.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I've been listening to the podcasts since day 1, when I was living in America and had a slow internet connection, I used to listen to the podcasts to see who had won and been reject worthy. Last year when I was living in Japan and cycling from my house to a friends house, I used to listen to the podcasts on my journey, I could listen to a whole podcast from my house to theirs. It was very nice cycling on a road with melting snow around me listening to the list of drivers who drove for Minardi (and cycling through the snow listening to the Jordan drivers). I really hope Jamie and Enoch podcast for many years to come as they really do make sense of F1.

I also hope they have an email in F1 competition this year as I love listening to them in the hope that maybe I'd sneak as one of the winners but everytime was one of the close but no cigar people on the page.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
ferret

Post by ferret »

Since the end of the season, I've listened to every F1 Reject Podcast. I thought it was a little odd until i found this thread. Hungary 2006 is my favorite.