The Formula 1 Rejects Teams Association (F1RTA) Thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
FMecha

Re: The Formula 1 Rejects Teams Association (F1RTA) Thread

Post by FMecha »

pi314159 wrote:Sorry, even if I had to keep Boxtel for next season, I wouldn't approve of this system. Eliminating at least one top 5 team, while three out of the bottom five make it to the grid is hardly fair. F1RWRS doesn't need this gimmick. If your team is bad, you don't qualify. If you have a problem with that, withdraw from the series, there are enough people waiting for an entry.

Even if a team pulls out, the new team(s) could be turned off from the confusing qualifying system, bub. I'll against that new system anyway. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Eh, this quali proposal is a bit complicated for me, but surely, giving it a test would give a much more clear stance, doesn't it?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

AndreaModa wrote:What's the reasoning for it Aerond? Why is it necessary to change the current system? I genuinely interested, it's not a wind-up, I'd like to understand your viewpoint on why the current set-up needs changing.

Well, the current system is fine as it is, so I admit there's not a need for a change. But from my POV if every team has to Pre-Qualify, I think the grids will be a bit more spread out and the lower placed teams will have more chances to make the grid against midfield teams (therefore achieving most of teams making the grid a few times per season). The last idea I came up with would be two 10 teams Pre-Q sessions; one with the uneven placed teams in the WCC (1st, 3rd ... up to 19th) and the other with the even placed teams in the WCC (2nd, 4th ... up to 20th), with the top 7 from each session going through to the main qualifying session.

To sum it up, It's not about fairness or more opportunities to the bottom of the grid teams, but more about spicing up competition.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.